Tiger Arrested For DUI (NO POLITICS, RELIGION, PERSONAL ATTACKS, ...)

donuts

A brief summary of your average Tiger-can-can-do-no-wrong types post in this thread.

"Maybe it was one glass of wine. Maybe the cops set him up. EVERYONE has driven all hammered. Maybe it was one of those accidental prescription painkiller overdoses that forces you behind the wheel of a car at 3AM that surely we've all experienced. blah. blah. blah......

......I mean not to make excuses for the guy"

Callaway XR Pro Attas Tour SPX X
Taylormade Tour issue 15* V Steel 3 wood
Hybrid undecided
Cobra Amp Cell Pro's (All MB) 4-GW Project X Rifle 6.0
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
White Hot 6 Long Neck

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A brief summary of your average Tiger-can-can-do-no-wrong types post in this thread.

"Maybe it was one glass of wine. Maybe the cops set him up. EVERYONE has driven all hammered. Maybe it was one of those accidental prescription painkiller overdoses that forces you behind the wheel of a car at 3AM that surely we've all experienced. blah. blah. blah......

...possibly the Russians were involved... :-)

It hasn't been reported but I assume Tiger refused the breathalyzer. Along with the mugshot, that suggest guilt.

A lot of people reject the breathalyzer, but rather have the blood test. You have to have one or the other, no way out.

False. If he was simply pulled over you can refuse breath, urine and/or blood.

I believe, without looking anything up, that the rules vary from state to state and maybe city to city. Austin has "no refusal" weekends where you can refuse the breathalyzer and they quickly get a warrant for blood. The fact that it is specific time periods kinda implies that other time periods may allow refusal of any test since you have to have a judge nearby for a warrant. In any case the refusal has numerous penalties but pretty sure each state has their own laws. At one point in the past Louisiana refused to lower their limit to what the Fed's wanted and it took the threat of no highway dollars to lower it

It hasn't been reported but I assume Tiger refused the breathalyzer. Along with the mugshot, that suggest guilt.

No. The news article said he blew over .08. So he blew into the breathalyser.

The mug shot was taken around 7 am, just after he was charged.. he'd been up for over 24 hours, the last 4 of which must have been hell.

What you see as guilt, I see as a very tired, shocked and embarrassed man who very likely feels stupid and foolish right about then.

I'm sure none of you have ever been in or could ever have been in position to be him at this moment. I know I couldn't.

Except for that one time in 2007........... .

R11S 8* square; Stock stiff
Maltby KE4 14* 3w , Axe Excaliber R flex tipped 1"
RBZ 25* hb; RBZstage 2 19* hb
Mizuno MP30 5 - PW, AXE Excaliber stiff, Hogan Apex PC E Wedge (50*) TT DG s300
GM Never Compromise GM2 putter
54*, 58* TM TP wedges 3* flat

Some of us are smart enough to call Uber, or a limo.

People don't realize how easy it is to get a DUI. Nowadays it is literally not smart to have more than one drink if you have to drive and actually abstaining in public is not bad policy. Yes he should have gotten a ride but I'm sure he didn't think he was that impaired and I'd be willing to bet they were waiting for him and his buddies. Sorry this happened.

I agree with this and guarantee a minority of drinkers have unknowingly driven above the legal limit. 1.5 million people in USA per year, is a lot of impaired drivers. Roughly 1% of licensed drivers every year. I know 3 people who have had DUIs, sure there are some that I have no clue about. I refuse to have more than one drink anytime I go out and then follow up with a few glasses,of water. I can't afford to lose my drivers,license or have to explain for my pilot certificates.

You drive drunk. You deserve ridicule for at least 48 hours.

And if that's the case, I fully agree.

But... if news breaks that this had nothing to do with alcohol, will you apologize for 48 hours?

No.

He's still under the influence and shouldn't be driving. Period.

Goes for me, my kids, wife, you, everyone reading this, etc..

A lot of people reject the breathalyzer, but rather have the blood test. You have to have one or the other, no way out.

False. If he was simply pulled over you can refuse breath, urine and/or blood.

I believe, without looking anything up, that the rules vary from state to state and maybe city to city. Austin has "no refusal" weekends where you can refuse the breathalyzer and they quickly get a warrant for blood. The fact that it is specific time periods kinda implies that other time periods may allow refusal of any test since you have to have a judge nearby for a warrant. In any case the refusal has numerous penalties but pretty sure each state has their own laws. At one point in the past Louisiana refused to lower their limit to what the Fed's wanted and it took the threat of no highway dollars to lower it

I think you should check out this guy:

EDIT: Oops, missed the part about the blood warrant! Still, a funny commercial.

...possibly the Russians were involved... :-)

Now this is funny. Those dang Russians.

Mizuno JPX 900 driver
Mizuno JPX 900 3 wood
Mizuno JPX 900 5 wood
Mizuno MP 66 irons with Modus 105 shafts
Scratch 50,55,60 wedges with Steelfibers I95's
Mizuno MP A303 putter

Donuts, Youda Man!!!

4 posts a year and you step up to the plate and take this one outa the park

Very Very Nicely Played

Come on Peeps, give him a few likes

Continued success and don't be a stranger

All the Best

RP

Coming from a forum legend like yourself I'll take that compliment and run with it!

For the record Thrillhouse is still on team Tiger. Yes what he did was bad and I'm glad nobody got hurt but people make mistakes (and I say this as someone who had a cousin killed by a drunk driver, which was horrific for my family to go through, just in case anyone tries to fire back at me with that argument).

Fun fact, I got banned from another golf forum when the s*** hit the fan with the 9 iron incident for sticking up for him in a "you don't know what you'd do unless you were in his shoes" kind of way when they were vilifying him for cheating on his wife.

Team Tiger.

I thought it was a wedge though it's like potato potahto, lol~

Couldn't agree more about "being in his shoes," though between this medium of communication, what with fake avatars, fictitious user names, the safety of a keyboard/screen, etc. and the basic human traits of jealousy, pettiness and intolerance, well, the virtual world turns the invisible visible, mice into men and meat heads into mensas.

No excuses for the man as there is no excuse for getting behind the wheel of a vehicle impaired, regardless of the substance, and Thank God neither he nor an innocent motorist/pedestrian wasn't injured(I wasn't so lucky, lol) or killed, however the malicious comments are sad, though a common thread in society today, so why would this board be any different?

I hope that you're stripin em!!

All the Best?

Richard

(for the second time today) Come on Richard, a guy with UNLIMITED resources gets arrested for DUI and in your mind the criticism is unfair because of "intolerance"/

I freely admit that I am in favor of a society that is intolerant of driving while intoxicated.

Not at all, and I'm right behind ya regarding having no tolerance for DUI's-

I think Madison told the story of my getting hit by a drunk while walking across campus back in my senior year in college. Besides the 9 1/2 hour surgery(actually two different surgeons were working on me, a maxilo-facial and a neuro), 2 months with my jaw wired shut and while the odds were against me making an NFL squad, I had two FA offers on the table pending the passing of a physical and my own friggin Godfather, the neurosurgeon, said that he could not in good faith pass me, so at the age of 24 I felt like my whole world exploded right before my eyes. My dream was to run onto a practice field and give it a shot, and some friggin drunk cost me that, and while I was luckier than those who lost their lives, I can easily look back and say that that was the worst year of my life. At his trial I went after him and that's when I got arrested and photographed(Yea, I did smile. It was a nice shot if I do say so?) however charges were eventually dropped and I had to work this juvey sports camp(50 hours), though I ended up helping them with all three that they held that summer(just under 200 hours).

So I'm not making excuses for him-

There is a difference between attacking his act versus attacking him personally~

You know what I'm sayin Bro. You can tell who's sincerely posting their opinions and thoughts, no matter how harsh, versus those that are just taking personal attacks-

I couldn't agree more with you speaking to someone with the financial means having absolutely ZERO excuse for EVER getting behind the wheel of a vehicle impaired.

We're on the same side here, I just don't like the envious malicious vitriol laced posts

If you responded to me earlier, apologies, as I'm kinda looped and just go to the last page in the thread, lmao

I hope that you're well?

My Best?

Richard

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

Okay, I'm going to go as far as say that the reason why people just brushed aside DJ's past DUI but do the opposite for Tiger because DJ is white.

Tiger's black? Ok, how many of you guys knew about this and didn't tell me?

Cablinasian actually

Mizuno ST Max 230 10.5* - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 15/18 - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 22 - LinQ Blue 75F4

Mizuno JPX 923 Tour 5-P  DG120 S300

Vokey SM9 50/54/60 - DGS200

Mizuno M-Craft II

CSX   

the PGA must give him some kind suspension

Did they suspend Bowditch?

I have no idea, that's why I'm askin

All the Best?

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

Okay, I'm going to go as far as say that the reason why people just brushed aside DJ's past DUI but do the opposite for Tiger because DJ is white.

Cablinasian actually

Wait a minute.... does that mean he's got both sexual organs?

Am I missing something here?

Titleist 905R - 10.5°
Titleist 904f - 17°/22°
Mizuno MP32 - 4-PW
Cleveland 588 Forged 50°/54°/60°
Wilson Staff 8882

Cablinasian actually

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Cablinasian

Mizuno ST Max 230 10.5* - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 15/18 - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 22 - LinQ Blue 75F4

Mizuno JPX 923 Tour 5-P  DG120 S300

Vokey SM9 50/54/60 - DGS200

Mizuno M-Craft II

CSX   

Cablinasian actually

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Cablinasian

So I was right

Titleist 905R - 10.5°
Titleist 904f - 17°/22°
Mizuno MP32 - 4-PW
Cleveland 588 Forged 50°/54°/60°
Wilson Staff 8882

10% of the population gets a a DUI

You can get a DUI on a bicycle or a razor scooter. You can get one for sleeping in your car in the parking lot at the bar, never having driven at all.

The spirit of the law is to keep people safe, but the enforcement of the law is about making examples out of people, and generating revenue for county and state entities.

It's also the end of the month, and a holiday weekend, so I'll wait for all the details to surface before criminalizing him

You must be drunk right now. The stats say .0125% of drivers get arrested for DUI. In Florida .003% of the population got a DUI last year.

Yes it is 'common' but 1 in 10 people do not get DUI's.

I never said per year. Cumulative, GTS

You are kidding right? 1/10 people get a DUI in their life? Maybe the people you hang out with, but no way that is true overall for the overall population.

Lets have some fun with math - 1 in 10,000 people get charged with DUI each year, so assuming that no one gets charged more than once, at a rate of .01% of people getting charged each year people would need to live for 1000years to get to 10%.

Unfortunately there are lots of repeat offenders so getting to 10% lifetime would be even tougher and we have not even factor in things like a large amount of the population does not drink at all or drive at all.

I actually highly doubt that even 10% who drank and drive 10 times in their life get charged with a DUI.