2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Tiger Arrested For DUI (NO POLITICS, RELIGION, PERSONAL ATTACKS, ...)

donuts

Per TMZ's latest:

1:00 PM PT -- We've learned Tiger's girlfriend, Kristin Smith, learned about the arrest while shopping at a Neiman Marcus store in Dallas. Someone called her and, according to several eyewitnesses, "she went crazy" and said "I knew it, I knew it." We're told she began crying, then bought $5k worth of merchandise and left.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, I'm not condoning what Tiger did, I'm not saying it's okay, I'm not trying to normalize how often these things occur.

I'm just saying that, on the scale of bad things people do, if it's legal-pain-killer-related, it doesn't even move the needle in my eyes.

Would you be saying the same thing if he plowed into someone walking on the side of the road and killed him?

Sure, it's not horrible until an innocent person gets hurt or killed. It doesn't matter whether it was alcohol, weed, or prescription drugs. You've not only screwed over the person you hit, you've screwed yourself over big time when you're standing in front of the judge.

Assuming, as I clearly stated, it's a legal pain killer, and he wasn't overdosing on it... yes.

Ever ran out of DayQuil, taken Nyquil, and gotten drowsy during the day? Allergy season is here, how many people are taking medications that cause drowsiness, like Benadryl?

What if one of them, 100% sober, on a 100% legal, over the counter drug, falls asleep at the wheel, plows into someone walking down the side of the road and killed them?

The question can then be reversed... would you be saying the same thing to them, as people here have said about Tiger?

Would people chastise a normal human being, fighting allergies or a flu, driving under the influence?

If this was a War Veteran, with a broken back, on pain killers, because he can't function without them... would you be equally as harsh then?

Is driving while medicated for a broken back, more or less okay, based on whether you suffered the injury from fighting for our country, or playing a game?

Maybe it is, I don't know, but ultimately these are all just lines in the sand we're drawing here, which is the real point I'm trying to make.

There's an obvious legal reason why a DUI and DWI are not treated the same in our legal system.

I'm trying to explain, that it's possibly for a sliding moral scale as well.

If you don't think there's a difference between being drunk for pleasure and medicated for pain... then you're entitled to your opinion, but I simply disagree.

That doesn't make me right, nor you wrong. I was just trying to explain how I personally put the different possible scenarios into perspective.

Has there ever been a more precipitous decline by a major athlete in history? The only thing I can think of that comes close is Tyson getting TKO'd by Buster Douglas. But Tyson never had Tiger's choir boy image. I find it hard to believe he was under the influence of booze. Tiger doesn't have the reputation of being a big drinker. Could have been pain pills from the back surgery or sleeping pills. Oh well, there's always YouTube highlights of the glory days.

Has there ever been a more precipitous decline of a golf forum having credibility than this forum.......Really....A mug shot on the home page and then people rushing in and acting like they are so far above ever being in a situation where they could be charged with DWI.......This is pathetic.

So a golf forum,, who focuses heavily on Tour related news, is supposed to ignore this? As are the fans of the game who use this forum to discuss golf and get news from the tour?

Tiger finished 17 of 18 in a silly season money grab tournament- "He's back baby! He's the needle!"

Tiger gets arrested and has a mug shot taken that makes Nick Nolte look away "Nothing to see here, lets move it along folks"

And I love the "well if you've ever driven when you shouldn't have, even without an arrest, and a mugshot, and even if you havent made A BILLION DOLLARS to pay for an uber, then you are disqualified from commenting or even having an opinion" take. it's staggeringly ridiculous.

Callaway XR Pro Attas Tour SPX X
Taylormade Tour issue 15* V Steel 3 wood
Hybrid undecided
Cobra Amp Cell Pro's (All MB) 4-GW Project X Rifle 6.0
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
White Hot 6 Long Neck

Has there ever been a more precipitous decline by a major athlete in history? The only thing I can think of that comes close is Tyson getting TKO'd by Buster Douglas. But Tyson never had Tiger's choir boy image. I find it hard to believe he was under the influence of booze. Tiger doesn't have the reputation of being a big drinker. Could have been pain pills from the back surgery or sleeping pills. Oh well, there's always YouTube highlights of the glory days.

Has there ever been a more precipitous decline of a golf forum having credibility than this forum.......Really....A mug shot on the home page and then people rushing in and acting like they are so far above ever being in a situation where they could be charged with DWI.......This is pathetic.

So a golf forum,, who focuses heavily on Tour related news, is supposed to ignore this? As are the fans of the game who use this forum to discuss golf and get news from the tour?

Tiger finished 17 of 18 in a silly season money grab tournament- "He's back baby! He's the needle!"

Tiger gets arrested and has a mug shot taken that makes Nick Nolte look away "Nothing to see here, lets move it along folks"

And I love the "well if you've ever driven when you shouldn't have, even without an arrest, and a mugshot, and even if you havent made A BILLION DOLLARS to pay for an uber, then you are disqualified from commenting or even having an opinion" take. it's staggeringly ridiculous.

Staggering? It says a lot about the decline in society that it's considered normal.

Tiger and his apologists deserve everything they get.

Per TMZ's latest:

1:00 PM PT -- We've learned Tiger's girlfriend, Kristin Smith, learned about the arrest while shopping at a Neiman Marcus store in Dallas. Someone called her and, according to several eyewitnesses, "she went crazy" and said "I knew it, I knew it." We're told she began crying, then bought $5k worth of merchandise and left.

So now TMZ is being posted on the GolfTMZ, it's like inception.

leo_zps8xiiklax.gif

He was heading south, and stopped on Military trl (edit trail not dr) Tiger doesn't change its stripes

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

3w Stealth 2 + 15* Ventus Red 9x tipped 2" 43”  

2i TMAG P790 2i Hzdus 100g X  

Titleist MB 620 3-PW (47* PW) PX 7.0 Std Length -2 flat from Titleist Spec 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

Staggering? It says a lot about the decline in society that it's considered normal.

Yes,

Chicken sausages and roasted potatoes!

So hungry....wheres my food, woman?

Uh, oh, I gonna catch a beating now ; )

10% of the population gets a a DUI

You can get a DUI on a bicycle or a razor scooter. You can get one for sleeping in your car in the parking lot at the bar, never having driven at all.

The spirit of the law is to keep people safe, but the enforcement of the law is about making examples out of people, and generating revenue for county and state entities.

It's also the end of the month, and a holiday weekend, so I'll wait for all the details to surface before criminalizing him

Awesome entry into the "Make tiger the victim somehow" post of the day contest.

Callaway XR Pro Attas Tour SPX X
Taylormade Tour issue 15* V Steel 3 wood
Hybrid undecided
Cobra Amp Cell Pro's (All MB) 4-GW Project X Rifle 6.0
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
White Hot 6 Long Neck

Has there ever been a more precipitous decline of a golf forum having credibility than this forum.......Really....A mug shot on the home page and then people rushing in and acting like they are so far above ever being in a situation where they could be charged with DUI.......This is pathetic.

I realize your body is going into shock right now finding opinions and conjecture about Tour players on an open internet forum about Tour players but I think you'll pull through.

FWIW I smiled for mine ?

It was not an alcohol or drug related shot

Thoughts and Best Wishes Bro?

Richard

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

Lets not get carried away, drinking and driving is on the decline and considered less normal with every passing year.

I would also say lets stop with the "he can afford an Uber so there is no excuse" talk. Being poor is not an excuse for driving drunk. If you can afford to go out and drink, you can afford to find a safe way home.

OJ_white_Bronco_chase.jpg

Thought about OJ, but he was years past retirement and he never held the stature in his sport that Tiger has in golf. Granted OJ fell further, what with murdering two people and all.

You can get a DUI on a bicycle or a razor scooter. You can get one for sleeping in your car in the parking lot at the bar, never having driven at all.

The spirit of the law is to keep people safe, but the enforcement of the law is about making examples out of people, and generating revenue for county and state entities.

It's also the end of the month, and a holiday weekend, so I'll wait for all the details to surface before criminalizing him

Awesome entry into the "Make tiger the victim somehow" post of the day contest.

Correct.

You want dwi's to get people's attention?

You get one dwi. One. 1

The next one (and yes it happens)

You've lost the privilege to drive. Period.

Unacceptable to use the excuse that "everyone does it"

Obviously a lot do because all those cars at the bar get home each night.

Thinking you're above the law is supreme narcissist behavior

giphy.gif

Oh sorry, I forgot the obligatory "in before the lock."

Also, Tiger Woods DUI = "Fall from grace, a ridiculous drunk, never recover from this ever."

Ty Pennington, Heather Locklear, Haley Joel Osmont, Vivica A. Fox DUIs = "Really hope they get their issues under control and bounce back strong."

Who? you couldnt come up with bigger names? i kid

You must be drunk right now. The stats say .0125% of drivers get arrested for DUI. In Florida .003% of the population got a DUI last year.

Yes it is 'common' but 1 in 10 people do not get DUI's.