2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Tiger Arrested For DUI (NO POLITICS, RELIGION, PERSONAL ATTACKS, ...)

donuts

For the record Thrillhouse is still on team Tiger. Yes what he did was bad and I'm glad nobody got hurt but people make mistakes (and I say this as someone who had a cousin killed by a drunk driver, which was horrific for my family to go through, just in case anyone tries to fire back at me with that argument).

Fun fact, I got banned from another golf forum when the s*** hit the fan with the 9 iron incident for sticking up for him in a "you don't know what you'd do unless you were in his shoes" kind of way when they were vilifying him for cheating on his wife.

Team Tiger.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh sorry, I forgot the obligatory "in before the lock."

Also, Tiger Woods DUI = "Fall from grace, a ridiculous drunk, never recover from this ever."

Ty Pennington, Heather Locklear, Haley Joel Osmont, Vivica A. Fox DUIs = "Really hope they get their issues under control and bounce back strong."

Who? you couldnt come up with bigger names? i kid

You have to admit there are few celebrity DUI names that people felt sorry for....Tyson? Wynona Judd? John Stamos? Michael Phelps? LiLo? Bieber?

Sad to see how far Tiger has fallen. I am doubting we see him involved with golf again as player or otherwise.

You mean, you don't want him as Ryder Cup captain? :huh:

I don't see that happening, I also don't see him doing on air work.

As for golfing again, Tiger seemed to never have his Mojo after the 9 iron thing. I think he really needs the fans to love him, and he will never have that again.

For the record Thrillhouse is still on team Tiger. Yes what he did was bad and I'm glad nobody got hurt but people make mistakes (and I say this as someone who had a cousin killed by a drunk driver, which was horrific for my family to go through, just in case anyone tries to fire back at me with that argument).

Fun fact, I got banned from another golf forum when the s*** hit the fan with the 9 iron incident for sticking up for him in a "you don't know what you'd do unless you were in his shoes" kind of way when they were vilifying him for cheating on his wife.

Team Tiger.

Just out of curiousity what does team tiger mean? he can do no wrong?

Has there ever been a more precipitous decline by a major athlete in history? The only thing I can think of that comes close is Tyson getting TKO'd by Buster Douglas. But Tyson never had Tiger's choir boy image. I find it hard to believe he was under the influence of booze. Tiger doesn't have the reputation of being a big drinker. Could have been pain pills from the back surgery or sleeping pills. Oh well, there's always YouTube highlights of the glory days.

Has there ever been a more precipitous decline of a golf forum having credibility than this forum.......Really....A mug shot on the home page and then people rushing in and acting like they are so far above ever being in a situation where they could be charged with DUI.......This is pathetic.

I realize your body is going into shock right now finding opinions and conjecture about Tour players on an open internet forum about Tour players but I think you'll pull through.

Not going into shock at all......I have disliked TW from day one and have never rooted for him in a tournament ever, but it does bug me to hear moronic comments from people such as you saying things like "Has there ever been a more precipitous decline by a major athlete in history?" triggered by a DUi incident. Even you have to know what a ridiculous statement that is.

Has there ever been a more precipitous decline by a major athlete in history? The only thing I can think of that comes close is Tyson getting TKO'd by Buster Douglas. But Tyson never had Tiger's choir boy image. I find it hard to believe he was under the influence of booze. Tiger doesn't have the reputation of being a big drinker. Could have been pain pills from the back surgery or sleeping pills. Oh well, there's always YouTube highlights of the glory days.

OJ_white_Bronco_chase.jpg

Thought about OJ, but he was years past retirement and he never held the stature in his sport that Tiger has in golf. Granted OJ fell further, what with murdering two people and all.

Can you imagine Tiger in court trying to put on a FootJoy glove?

Titleist 905R - 10.5°
Titleist 904f - 17°/22°
Mizuno MP32 - 4-PW
Cleveland 588 Forged 50°/54°/60°
Wilson Staff 8882

Also, Tiger Woods DUI = "Fall from grace, a ridiculous drunk, never recover from this ever."

Ty Pennington, Heather Locklear, Haley Joel Osmont, Vivica A. Fox DUIs = "Really hope they get their issues under control and bounce back strong."

You have to admit there are few celebrity DUI names that people felt sorry for....Tyson? Wynona Judd? John Stamos? Michael Phelps? LiLo? Bieber?

Mel Gibson, Keifer Sutherland, Charles Barkley(legendary quote from Sir Charles), Tracy Morgan.

Team Tiger.

Starts at word 12 and ends at word 15

Srixon ZX5  TT dynamic gold 95  PING G425 FST 43.25"  Tour Edge 721 Tensei blue 65  Mizuno T22 56* 60*  Bobby Grace AMG 6313 35"

Time to stop speculating about stuff you have no information on. DUI could be anything, maybe it was an unexpected side-effect of pain medication TW is taking related to his recent surgeries. Maybe this is a case of a police officer / DA trying to make a name for themselves by charging TW with a crime when none was committed. TW has a history of making good decisions in his life, so he deserves the benefit of the doubt here.

To all TW haters -- go slither back under your log.

The high priest of the Church of Tiger has spoken.

I for one will always remember where i was the day the music died.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5kcaHSiSd4

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

People don't realize how easy it is to get a DUI. Nowadays it is literally not smart to have more than one drink if you have to drive and actually abstaining in public is not bad policy. Yes he should have gotten a ride but I'm sure he didn't think he was that impaired and I'd be willing to bet they were waiting for him and his buddies. Sorry this happened.

Most people probably understand how to get a DUI: just drink alcohol and get behind the wheel of a vehicle. There is no excuse for drinking and driving. He's lucky that he didn't hurt or kill someone.

If you are driving drunk, you deserve to get arrested - plain and simple.

True,

But how you figure the millions of people at bars and restaurants thurs-sat night all drinking and driving home?

Today, there will be millions tanking up at bbqs and driving home.

Not right, but thats reality. Lets not make it seem like he did anything the *majority* of people havent done.

I drink soda and water when I know i'm driving, guess I'm in the minority.

I don't think you give Tiger a pass because other people exhibit bad judgement and put innocent peoples lives at risk by driving under the influence.

Thats fine. I never said he gets a pass, so I hope youre not impying I did.

I just said the truth.

The majority of people have done what TW may have done.

First to be clear, I'm not targeting bscinstnct statement here in and of itself as I think there will be many who might feel very similarly.

By my thinking, any level of conjecture that the majority of Americans or whatever demographic area you want to choose have driven while under the influence is a H-U-G-E stretch... which btw he could have afforded to rent if he was going to go out on a bender. I can hardly find any truth in this kind of speculation unfortunately.

The only truth I would think is that he did what he did and it's hard to find any real justification for it. There will be lots of rationalization offered for sure, but real justification?... I kind of doubt it.

Tiger should play drunk. Hagen and others used to do it all the time. Might help numb his back pain. I'm sure tournaments would gladly supply a limo and sponsor to get the 35% increase in ticket sales..

I'm glad you brought Walter into this, because that was one of my thoughts as well.

Unseen, in the background, Fate was quietly slipping the lead into the boxing-glove.  P.G. Wodehouse

Team Tiger.

Starts at word 12 and ends at word 15

"He did was bad" ? :taunt:

10% of the population gets a a DUI

You can get a DUI on a bicycle or a razor scooter. You can get one for sleeping in your car in the parking lot at the bar, never having driven at all.

The spirit of the law is to keep people safe, but the enforcement of the law is about making examples out of people, and generating revenue for county and state entities.

It's also the end of the month, and a holiday weekend, so I'll wait for all the details to surface before criminalizing him

You must be drunk right now. The stats say .0125% of drivers get arrested for DUI. In Florida .003% of the population got a DUI last year.

Yes it is 'common' but 1 in 10 people do not get DUI's.

I never said per year. Cumulative, GTS

Has there ever been a more precipitous decline of a golf forum having credibility than this forum.......Really....A mug shot on the home page and then people rushing in and acting like they are so far above ever being in a situation where they could be charged with DWI.......This is pathetic.

So a golf forum,, who focuses heavily on Tour related news, is supposed to ignore this? As are the fans of the game who use this forum to discuss golf and get news from the tour?

Tiger finished 17 of 18 in a silly season money grab tournament- "He's back baby! He's the needle!"

Tiger gets arrested and has a mug shot taken that makes Nick Nolte look away "Nothing to see here, lets move it along folks"

And I love the "well if you've ever driven when you shouldn't have, even without an arrest, and a mugshot, and even if you havent made A BILLION DOLLARS to pay for an uber, then you are disqualified from commenting or even having an opinion" take. it's staggeringly ridiculous.

Staggering? It says a lot about the decline in society that it's considered normal.

Tiger and his apologists deserve everything they get.

Where do you come up with this stuff......Who said it was normal and who do you consider a tiger apologist?.....What was said here that has anything at all to do with the decline of society? What was said that was staggering.

I think its sad... his eyes look like there s a lot more than just booze going on. Arnie made Tiger look like a boy scout with the ladies but people just smile and move on. Lot of people on here very quick to judge .. mistakes are part of life. Sadly his go viral. DUI is wrong and thank god he didn t hurt anyone.He s one of the greatest sportsmen ever. To see these pictures with him diminished like this is upsetting.

Mel Gibson, Keifer Sutherland, Charles Barkley(legendary quote from Sir Charles), Tracy Morgan.

Phelps got a DUI, banged a tranny and smoked a ton of weed and somehow came out of that an even bigger hero. Epic.

10% of the population gets a a DUI

You can get a DUI on a bicycle or a razor scooter. You can get one for sleeping in your car in the parking lot at the bar, never having driven at all.

The spirit of the law is to keep people safe, but the enforcement of the law is about making examples out of people, and generating revenue for county and state entities.

It's also the end of the month, and a holiday weekend, so I'll wait for all the details to surface before criminalizing him

Awesome entry into the "Make tiger the victim somehow" post of the day contest.

Thats doesn't sound like a "tiger is victim" post. More an extension of the fact that there is more to many dui arrests than "the good of society". Just like the War on Drugs isn't about saving lives. I won't go so far as to say they wanted Tiger and set out to get him. But they were taking a few in no doubt.

Would suck to have that much publicity about every move you make, good or bad.... Not surprised he tries to be as private as possible. I mean, how many males in their 40's have gotten a DUI? The answer is millions, but because he was the greatest golfer of all time he gets his mugshot posted on every news channel for the next week...

His downfall wasn't the fire hydrant, dui, affair... it was taking all the sponsorship money and letting others create a false perception of him to the world... Case in point... Charles Barkley, he had a DUI, wasn't a big deal, he laughed at himself and people didn't really care, Tiger let others create this huge persona for sponsorship money so now every slip up turns into big news and a feeling of embarrassment for not living up to this crafted ideal.

Granted the affair effected his family and kids greatly, obviously... but to keep that in perspective... How many males 25-40 have cheated on their wife and mother of their kids? The answer again is millions... people make these same mistakes all the time, famous and non famous alike, but his promoted "brand" magnifies his mistakes because his actions contrast with the commercial image

Out of interest what is the general perception of Drink Driving in the US and Canada?

It's kind of a big deal in the UK. 12 month ban, fine, potential to lose job and is regarded as a shameful thing to do.

Titleist 905R - 10.5°
Titleist 904f - 17°/22°
Mizuno MP32 - 4-PW
Cleveland 588 Forged 50°/54°/60°
Wilson Staff 8882

Has there ever been a more precipitous decline of a golf forum having credibility than this forum.......Really....A mug shot on the home page and then people rushing in and acting like they are so far above ever being in a situation where they could be charged with DUI.......This is pathetic.

I realize your body is going into shock right now finding opinions and conjecture about Tour players on an open internet forum about Tour players but I think you'll pull through.

Not going into shock at all......I have disliked TW from day one and have never rooted for him in a tournament ever, but it does bug me to hear moronic comments from people such as you saying things like "Has there ever been a more precipitous decline by a major athlete in history?" triggered by a DUi incident. Even you have to know what a ridiculous statement that is.

In fairness Tiger might not be top of the list of athletes that go from the Penthouse to the Outhouse, but he's is on the list for sure. He has aways to go before truly hitting the bottom, but he was at the absolute top so he had allot further he could fall.

Of course you have Tyson, Harding, OJ, Hernandez, Rose, Vick, Armstrong, all the roided-up ball players, Dykstra, Rocker, Pistorius etc.

It is tough to get the top of the list - but he is trying to.

Team Tiger.

Just means that I support him and I understand that people are fallible and make mistakes.

Phelps got a DUI, banged a tranny and smoked a ton of weed and somehow came out of that an even bigger hero. Epic.

unfortunatly I think colour has a part to play

Team Tiger asking for body cam footage from arresting officer. This should get interesting.

A good offense is a good defense.

Exactly. They would be foolish not to.

Mizuno ST Max 230 10.5* - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 15/18 - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 22 - LinQ Blue 75F4

Mizuno JPX 923 Tour 5-P  DG120 S300

Vokey SM9 50/54/60 - DGS200

Mizuno M-Craft II

CSX