Tiger Arrested For DUI (NO POLITICS, RELIGION, PERSONAL ATTACKS, ...)

donuts

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of interest what is the general perception of Drink Driving in the US and Canada?

It's kind of a big deal in the UK. 12 month ban, fine, potential to lose job and is regarded as a shameful thing to do.

Generally negative but unfortunately for a lot of people it's in a lip service sort of way. A lot of legislators are trying to get people to take it more seriously, we even upgraded it to a criminal offence from a summary offence in Canada (summary is like a misdemeanour in the US, criminal is like a felony), and there are US states that give jail time to first time offenders (I think) like Arizona. Still the portion of the public that does it doesn't seem to take it very seriously.

Out of interest what is the general perception of Drink Driving in the US and Canada?

It's kind of a big deal in the UK. 12 month ban, fine, potential to lose job and is regarded as a shameful thing to do.

Generally negative but unfortunately for a lot of people it's in a lip service sort of way. A lot of legislators are trying to get people to take it more seriously, we even upgraded it to a criminal offence from a summary offence in Canada (summary is like a misdemeanour in the US, criminal is like a felony), and there are US states that give jail time to first time offenders (I think) like Arizona. Still the portion of the public that does it doesn't seem to take it very seriously.

i can vouch for this. An acquaintance of mine has the dashboard breathalyzer so the car doesnt start if you dont breath into the machine first.Hes been stopped TWICE for DUIs.

At one of our amateur tourneys at my club, after a tourneys dinner he was asking people in the parking lot to breath into it so he can get home.I kid you not. Thankfully someone called his brother and he came and smacked him in the head for trying that. He constantly complains how inconvenient it is... "im not a child, jesus"

But how you figure the millions of people at bars and restaurants thurs-sat night all drinking and driving home?

Today, there will be millions tanking up at bbqs and driving home.

Not right, but thats reality. Lets not make it seem like he did anything the *majority* of people havent done.

1pxfvd.jpg

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

giphy.gif

That my favorite gif of all time.

Twitter: @Ed_Settle        My WITB
Driver:           Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 9.0 +2 GD Tour AD HD 6X
Fairway:        Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 3W/15*  Tensei Wht AV 70S

Utility W:         Callaway UW 19* HZRDUS Black RDX 6.0 S
Hybrid:          Callaway Apex Pro 4/21* KBS Hybrid 85S

Irons:             Callaway X Forged Star 5-PW Modus 105 S
Wedges:       Callaway Jaws Raw 48S/53W/58Z DG S200 
Putter:           2022 Toulon Design Small Batch Austin 34" 

Ball:               2022 Callaway CSX LS
Bag:               VESSEL Blk Lux Cart Bag 14 way   

For the record Thrillhouse is still on team Tiger. Yes what he did was bad and I'm glad nobody got hurt but people make mistakes (and I say this as someone who had a cousin killed by a drunk driver, which was horrific for my family to go through, just in case anyone tries to fire back at me with that argument).

Fun fact, I got banned from another golf forum when the s*** hit the fan with the 9 iron incident for sticking up for him in a "you don't know what you'd do unless you were in his shoes" kind of way when they were vilifying him for cheating on his wife.

Team Tiger.

Just out of curiousity what does team tiger mean? he can do no wrong?

Starts at word 12 11and ends at word 15

"He did was bad" ? :taunt:

ur a putz! :taunt:

Srixon ZX5  TT dynamic gold 95  PING G425 FST 43.25"  Tour Edge 721 Tensei blue 65  Mizuno T22 56* 60*  Bobby Grace AMG 6313 35"

Has there ever been a more precipitous decline by a major athlete in history? The only thing I can think of that comes close is Tyson getting TKO'd by Buster Douglas. But Tyson never had Tiger's choir boy image. I find it hard to believe he was under the influence of booze. Tiger doesn't have the reputation of being a big drinker. Could have been pain pills from the back surgery or sleeping pills. Oh well, there's always YouTube highlights of the glory days.

Has there ever been a more precipitous decline of a golf forum having credibility than this forum.......Really....A mug shot on the home page and then people rushing in and acting like they are so far above ever being in a situation where they could be charged with DUI.......This is pathetic.

I realize your body is going into shock right now finding opinions and conjecture about Tour players on an open internet forum about Tour players but I think you'll pull through.

Not going into shock at all......I have disliked TW from day one and have never rooted for him in a tournament ever, but it does bug me to hear moronic comments from people such as you saying things like "Has there ever been a more precipitous decline by a major athlete in history?" triggered by a DUi incident. Even you have to know what a ridiculous statement that is.

In fairness Tiger might not be top of the list of athletes that go from the Penthouse to the Outhouse, but he's is on the list for sure. He has aways to go before truly hitting the bottom, but he was at the absolute top see he had allot further he could fall.

Of course you have Tyson, Harding, OJ, Hernandez, Rose, Vick, Armstrong, all the roided-up ball players, Dykstra, Rocker, Pistorius etc.

It is tough to get the top of the list - but he is trying to.

I agree with you, but some have to take everything to extremes......Can't we just look at things as they are instead of looking at things as we want them to be.....For example. I say that folks rush to judge his dui when they have been in situations of their own choosing, where they could have been charged with dui themselves, and people come back and insinuate that i am defending Tigers actions.....Not even close to what I am doing.

Maybe we will finally find out how tall he is (from the mugshot).

Someone should have told him going low didn't include integrity

http://www.cbssports...w-championship/

http://www.etonline....elin_nordegren/

http://www.dailymail...ason-split.html

tiger-woods-apology+2-19-10.jpg

I am sorry to everyone, especially my mom, fans... and all blondes I haven't tagged

I think here in California, a first offense (depending on circumstances, like nobody was hurt, etc.), you have an automatic three month suspension of your license and have to get an interlock device on your car for a year? Maybe nine months? Where the engine won't start unless you blow a .000%. If you blow more than that, you could go to jail for a violation of probation. Legal fees and fines, etc. The kicker is, from what I understand, if you ever drive drunk again in California, and someone dies, you can get charged with murder instead of vehicular manslaughter.

Disclaimer: this is from my cursory review based on your question.

It hasn't been reported but I assume Tiger refused the breathalyzer. Along with the mugshot, that suggest guilt.

A lot of people reject the breathalyzer, but rather have the blood test. You have to have one or the other, no way out.

Ping G410+ Tensei Orange Pro.

Mizuno GT180 shaft as above.

Adams 3H  Aldila Blue.

Wilson FG100 4i-PW.

Wilson PMP 52/56/60

Putters....too many.

For the record Thrillhouse is still on team Tiger. Yes what he did was bad and I'm glad nobody got hurt but people make mistakes (and I say this as someone who had a cousin killed by a drunk driver, which was horrific for my family to go through, just in case anyone tries to fire back at me with that argument).

Fun fact, I got banned from another golf forum when the s*** hit the fan with the 9 iron incident for sticking up for him in a "you don't know what you'd do unless you were in his shoes" kind of way when they were vilifying him for cheating on his wife.

Team Tiger.

Just out of curiousity what does team tiger mean? he can do no wrong?

Starts at word 12 11and ends at word 15

"He did was bad" ? :taunt:

ur a putz! :taunt:

I hope you know im just kidding

Could took a $6 Uber.

last time I Uber'd I got a contact high

Did you have the decency to at least give him 5 stars ?

R9 460 10.5 L flex 46"

COBRA Baffler XL 17* FW
COBRA Baffler XL 22* 25* 28* hybrids
Hand ground Bazooka QLS 7-PW

Component Wedges 50* 54* 60* 63*
(hand grinds) torched 

Heavy Putter B2m 38" Ust FF shaft
Rife Switchback XL (custom long neck) 34" UST FF 

Has there ever been a more precipitous decline by a major athlete in history? The only thing I can think of that comes close is Tyson getting TKO'd by Buster Douglas. But Tyson never had Tiger's choir boy image. I find it hard to believe he was under the influence of booze. Tiger doesn't have the reputation of being a big drinker. Could have been pain pills from the back surgery or sleeping pills. Oh well, there's always YouTube highlights of the glory days.

Has there ever been a more precipitous decline of a golf forum having credibility than this forum.......Really....A mug shot on the home page and then people rushing in and acting like they are so far above ever being in a situation where they could be charged with DUI.......This is pathetic.

I realize your body is going into shock right now finding opinions and conjecture about Tour players on an open internet forum about Tour players but I think you'll pull through.

Not going into shock at all......I have disliked TW from day one and have never rooted for him in a tournament ever, but it does bug me to hear moronic comments from people such as you saying things like "Has there ever been a more precipitous decline by a major athlete in history?" triggered by a DUi incident. Even you have to know what a ridiculous statement that is.

In fairness Tiger might not be top of the list of athletes that go from the Penthouse to the Outhouse, but he's is on the list for sure. He has aways to go before truly hitting the bottom, but he was at the absolute top see he had allot further he could fall.

Of course you have Tyson, Harding, OJ, Hernandez, Rose, Vick, Armstrong, all the roided-up ball players, Dykstra, Rocker, Pistorius etc.

It is tough to get the top of the list - but he is trying to.

For what?

Cheating on his wife and getting a dui?

Half the country cheats on their wife and the other half have been in a position to get a dwi.

And you mention Pistorius, Hernandez, and Tyson? 2 murderers and a comvicted rapist?

That said, he needs to get his act together for sure.

Another shining example, good thing he's not on TV too much anymore, I remember when my son idolized him (long ago).

Tiger's 30 for 30 is going to be epic, as long as ESPN actually tells the truth and doesn't go all PC .

2015 GBB 10.5 - MRC B Series 60S 44.75"
RFX 3 & 5 Woods MRC BB 73
RFX 7 Wood Matrix Black Tie 7M3
XHot Pro Hybrid 23 Accra Shaft
Apex Pro 5-W KBS Tour V or Recoil 110 S-flex (Recoil for Winter Season)
Odyssey WhiteHot Pro #7 Flatso Ultra grip
X Forged C Grind 52*
PM Grind 58* KBS 610 Wedge
Chrome Soft 2016 Yellow
Hdcp - between 3 to 5 over the year

It hasn't been reported but I assume Tiger refused the breathalyzer. Along with the mugshot, that suggest guilt.

A word on "mug shot," folks -

Both Merriam-Webster and Random House (dictionary.com) show it as two words.

Obviously, those publications are respected worldwide, with Merriam-Webster generally regarded as the authoritative source for the English language as spoken in the United States of America.

Interestingly, a very popular internet source called Urban Dictionary legitimizes the use of "mugshot" as one word, and it uses contributions from regular people, many of whom likely escaped from the Los Angeles Unified School District, as examples. I thought this one was hilarious -

"to descibe someone that is REALLY ugly or looks bad at the time. a mugshot is the name of a photo cops take of criminals after they've been cought. and criminals don't usually look good after they've been beat down by a bunch of good for nothing cops."

A lot of people reject the breathalyzer, but rather have the blood test. You have to have one or the other, no way out.

You don't have to have either. Implied consent carries an automatic suspension (which can be appealed) if you refuse the breathalyzer. Blood test is only mandatory in cases involving serious bodily injury or death.

G400 LST 10* Tour 65x
G400 15.5* Tour 75x
G30 19* Tour 90x
Z785 X100 4-9
SM7 46.10F/50.08F/54.08M/60.8M
MCC plus4 mid
Kingston KP1 GSS w/ Pingman
Srixon Z star XV

this is ironic as hell ! I'm sittin here at work, and a coworker is showing me pictures of her daughters 21st. birthday. four bars, each with a traditional free drink, and four more at dinner. Half dozen more at home with the obligatory passed out face down in the birthday cake. This country is can be off the hook with some traditions.

Srixon ZX5  TT dynamic gold 95  PING G425 FST 43.25"  Tour Edge 721 Tensei blue 65  Mizuno T22 56* 60*  Bobby Grace AMG 6313 35"