Tiger Arrested For DUI (NO POLITICS, RELIGION, PERSONAL ATTACKS, ...)

donuts

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably the straightest Tiger has driven in years.

This isn't a judgment on you in particular, but all of the straight driving, WD from the breathalyzer type jokes have been really disappointing.

You'd think there'd be at least one really clever joke out of this but it hasn't surfaced yet.

Dude I made a hilarious mighty ducks reference ON THE FIRST PAGE!

So it's not his fault? Jesus Christ.

I can tell you on Friday in same city and a guy took out a 40ft royal palm ,smashed his Durango but the cops denied seeing him behind the wheel....they arrived before we did and he was in his seat , behind the wheel when we arrived.....so don't tell me favors aren't granted DEPENDING ON WHO YOU KNOW OR are....

So the cops got there before you did and he was behind the seat. So you know he wasn't out of the car when the police arrived and was allowed to sit back in the car while they investigated the crash. Were there witnesses placing him behind the wheel. Did you talk to the driver and observed he was intoxicated? Your assuming a lot bud.

Do favors happen? Of course. It's difficult to do a favor for DUI when he/she is involved in a crash.

Work for local fire Dept....we extricated driver from Durango AFTER cops said he was trapped ! 3 witnesses followed him and collaborated our findings of him not getting from behind the wheel .....but of course YOU were there and can rain on my story....do tell.....the internet makes .... nevermind

Go educate yourself on what a wheel witness is.

G400 LST 10* Tour 65x
G400 15.5* Tour 75x
G30 19* Tour 90x
Z785 X100 4-9
SM7 46.10F/50.08F/54.08M/60.8M
MCC plus4 mid
Kingston KP1 GSS w/ Pingman
Srixon Z star XV

pics

[size=4][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][b]DRIVER[/b]- Callaway Rogue Oban Tour Limited 60s
[b]3 WOOD[/b]- GBB Epic Oban Kiyoshi Gold 75s
[b]HYBRID[/b]- Titleist 818 H1 19/23 Hybrid Atmos HB Tour Spec 85s
[b]IRONS[/b]- Srixon 765/565 Nippon Modus 105s
[b]GAP[/b]- Callaway MD4 Chrome 52 Modus 105
[b]SAND[/b]- Callaway MD4 Chrome 54 Modus 105
[b]LOB[/b]- Callaway MD3 Chrome 58 Modus 105
[b]PUTTER[/b]- Bettinardi Queen Bee #6
[b]BALL[/b]- Callaway Chrome Soft X[/font][/size]

Tiger issues a statement. Alcohol not involved.

I'm not surprised by this. Must have been meds. Still, gotta be smarter than that. Driving around after mixing meds at 3 AM?

http://golfweek.com/...l-not-involved/

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 51*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

Guys I just thought of something.

Maybe as part of his sentencing the judge orders him to perform community service which involves going to the other side of the tracks in Jupiter to coach a rag tag but adorable team of downtrodden youngsters, who go on to become state champions beating the kids from the rich part of town with their ultra competitive coach who taught young tiger everything he knows about the game. Tiger is thus inspired to give professional golf another shot and comes back to win 5 more majors, AND gets with one of the milfs whose kid is on the team.

Thoughts?

You mentioned mighty ducks, isn't there a similar Keanu Reeves movie? I feel like this is probably the plot of several movies though

Or maybe like Tiger gets sentenced to prison, and then joins a prison golf team that has to defeat the guards golf team. And avenge a golfer named caretaker

There's a lot of movies with DUI plots apparently

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Probably the straightest Tiger has driven in years.

This isn't a judgment on you in particular, but all of the straight driving, WD from the breathalyzer type jokes have been really disappointing.

You'd think there'd be at least one really clever joke out of this but it hasn't surfaced yet.

Dude I made a hilarious mighty ducks reference ON THE FIRST PAGE!

Bro, that "Dude's" a Lady???

Cheers??

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

Can't decide what's scarier, Tiger's mugshot or Kymar's avatar.

you should see KYMAR in a speedo :cheesy:

Please tell me you're joking. Or guessing.

My very real fear here is that the word you're looking for is "fantasizing"

I'm pretty sure this is the second such reference he's made in his weird, extremely uncomfortable, obsession.

He's a Kymar sycophant!! :)

Titleist TSR3 9° Tensei Pro Blue 60 

Titleist TS3 3w 13.5° HZRDUS Black 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

I'm not surprised by this. Must have been meds. Still, gotta be smarter than that. Driving around after mixing meds at 3 AM?

Yeppers......

Have a nice week?

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

Are you saying the news got it wrong?

Well, there's a first............

R11S 8* square; Stock stiff
Maltby KE4 14* 3w , Axe Excaliber R flex tipped 1"
RBZ 25* hb; RBZstage 2 19* hb
Mizuno MP30 5 - PW, AXE Excaliber stiff, Hogan Apex PC E Wedge (50*) TT DG s300
GM Never Compromise GM2 putter
54*, 58* TM TP wedges 3* flat

What are you saying the news got wrong? He was arrested for DUI.

The statement he made about not being alcohol didn't surprise me, because I didn't think he drank. He was and has now admitted to being under the influence and driving, thus DUI.

So.....If Woods' story holds up, are any of the 22 pages of vilifiers going to apologise for being a wee bit hasty in your judgement? Or will you pull a CNN and stick to your guns no matter what..........

See, you sanctimonious sermonizererers!

Now, we can get proper drunk.

I'll toast to that.... :drinks:

Srixon ZX5  TT dynamic gold 95  PING G425 FST 43.25"  Tour Edge 721 Tensei blue 65  Mizuno T22 56* 60*  Bobby Grace AMG 6313 35"

3am?

I always told my kids, there are only two kinds of people on the roads after midnight, drunk drivers and cops looking for drunk drivers.

* The mugshot has some Willie McGinest qualities to it. That was my first impression, anyway. Maybe it's my USC bias. Come to think of it, there was a time I wished Tiger had attended USC. Not anymore. Our sporting alums don't embarrass the university, although some of them have knee issues like Tiger.

Mark Sanchez is a pretty big embarrassment if you ask me...

Wait a sec....

~Reggie Bush

~ OJ Mayo

~ That pinheade Plastic Patronizing HC who jumped ship to the NFL just ahead of the storm??

https://www.google.com/amp/www.latimes.com/sports/usc/la-sp-usc-ncaa-sanctions-20140608-story,amp.html

Your athletic program was a cesspool???

Your sporting alums don't embarrass the program???

Oh yea, the other OJ, LMAO

RUN JUICE RUN!!!!

Oh jeezusssssss, do I love this place!!!!!??????

Shat, I just spit Sprite all in my beard??

You're killin me?

You guys rock!!!!!

All the Best?

RP

Don't forget Todd marinovich. Another champ even though I'm a die hard Trojan fan haha. What a moronic statement saying our alumni don't embarrass the program haha.

So it's not his fault? Jesus Christ.

I can tell you on Friday in same city and a guy took out a 40ft royal palm ,smashed his Durango but the cops denied seeing him behind the wheel....they arrived before we did and he was in his seat , behind the wheel when we arrived.....so don't tell me favors aren't granted DEPENDING ON WHO YOU KNOW OR are....

So the cops got there before you did and he was behind the seat. So you know he wasn't out of the car when the police arrived and was allowed to sit back in the car while they investigated the crash. Were there witnesses placing him behind the wheel. Did you talk to the driver and observed he was intoxicated? Your assuming a lot bud.

Do favors happen? Of course. It's difficult to do a favor for DUI when he/she is involved in a crash.

Work for local fire Dept....we extricated driver from Durango AFTER cops said he was trapped ! 3 witnesses followed him and collaborated our findings of him not getting from behind the wheel .....but of course YOU were there and can rain on my story....do tell.....the internet makes .... nevermind

Go educate yourself on what a wheel witness is.

The denial was that he wasn't behind the wheel....so with a collapsed roof, airbag deployment, seatbelt on and open containers.... Yep you're right... nothing to see here... except when I'm at the Deposition, I'll give my perspective.

So famous guy gets lambasted but ordinary Joe gets off..... Just looking for a little consistency

I have to give Tiger at least a little credit. He thanked the LEOs for their professionalism. Considering how much bad press my brothers in blue have been getting hit with I for one appreciate his doing this.

As for the DUI, here in Florida drugs or alcohol will net you the same outcome. No doubt he's on pain meds post surgery - and the bottles say right on them not to operate heavy machinery or drive while taking them. He should have known better. But alas he, like everyone else here, is only human. Odds are as a first timer he will face some community service time, probation, and a fine. We have CS guys coming to our stations to wash trucks and such - chatted it up with them to find out what they did and how much "time" they got. 300 hours was the biggest I have seen and it was on top of 6 months in jail. (second offense for that guy)

Tiger will also probably lose his license here in Florida for a year or so as I understand it.

Callaway Epic with Fujikura 62s in 45.25 set at 12.5*
Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Callaway X-Hot Pro 20* Hybrid
Callaway Steelhead 4-PW w/KBS 90s
Titleist Vokey 50*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 60-08 M
Tad Moore TM-1 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft

People don't realize how easy it is to get a DUI. Nowadays it is literally not smart to have more than one drink if you have to drive and actually abstaining in public is not bad policy. Yes he should have gotten a ride but I'm sure he didn't think he was that impaired and I'd be willing to bet they were waiting for him and his buddies. Sorry this happened.

Most people probably understand how to get a DUI: just drink alcohol and get behind the wheel of a vehicle. There is no excuse for drinking and driving. He's lucky that he didn't hurt or kill someone.

If you are driving drunk, you deserve to get arrested - plain and simple.

True,

But how you figure the millions of people at bars and restaurants thurs-sat night all drinking and driving home?

Today, there will be millions tanking up at bbqs and driving home.

Not right, but thats reality. Lets not make it seem like he did anything the *majority* of people havent done.

I don't know how you arrived at the conclusion that I was singling Tiger out. I don't care who it is, if you're intoxicated while operating a motor vehicle on public roads then you deserve the ridicule and punishment that comes with that decision.

The fact that others do it too does not excuse anyone. That's just another aspect of our society where we try to find excuses for bad choices, so that they don't have to take full responsibility.

Additionally, I would be really curious to know how you managed to know that the "majority" of people have driven while intoxicated.

If winning was easy, losers would do it.

The statement he made about not being alcohol didn't surprise me, because I didn't think he drank. He was and has now admitted to being under the influence and driving, thus DUI.

Fairly certain TDub drinks.

article-2321253-19AC01FB000005DC-516_634x419.jpg

Taylormade SIM 8* - Matrix OZIK MFS Black Tie 70X
Taylormade M5 15* - Aldila Black Mamba 80TX
Taylormade M5 19* - Fuji Motore Speeder 8.3X
Taylormade P790 4-PW - Project X 7.0
Taylormade Hi Toe 52* and 58* - KBS $-Taper 125 S+ Black
Taylormade Ardmore 2 35" Super Stroke Claw 1.0

Yeppers......

Have a nice week

RP

that's how we spell proffesionalism? ..hell no wonder I didn't get the job I miss spelled it.

Srixon ZX5  TT dynamic gold 95  PING G425 FST 43.25"  Tour Edge 721 Tensei blue 65  Mizuno T22 56* 60*  Bobby Grace AMG 6313 35"

TW made a mistake with his prescriptions, alcohol was not involved in any way. So all the haterz here speculating that TW was getting wasted at 3 AM are dead wrong, I'm waiting for the apology... crickets.

Yes, TW made a mistake, but it's something that can happen to any of us. TW is human, not a god.

Fairly certain TDub drinks.

article-2321253-19AC01FB000005DC-516_634x419.jpg

I didn't glean that from this picture

We were told this by the press. We were told he failed a breathalyser. If it was drugs, blood tests are required in order for them to show up in his system. No mention of a blood test in the press release. If he wasn't drinking, then there wouldn't be the need for a breathalyser test. And even if he blew, he would not have failed.

So, he was either not drinking and the Press did what it does so well these days....get it wrong. Or.... Woods himself is lying, in spite of the fact that law enforcement has the truth somewhere....

Pretty good point on the Golf Channel from Mark Rolfing with Notah sitting by. Tiger needs a good group of people around him. I think Tiger needs to regain his old friends and his old swing coach. I know he's close with Notah, but who else? Rory? Day? John Cook? O'Meara? And he needs to get back with Butch now that Phil isn't with him anymore and a great girl wouldn't hurt either. Tiger has no one around him outside of Notah and Steiny (who is just a lapdog) it seems. Whatever demons he's battling, he needs a support group.

I'm pretty sure he's good friends with Michael Jordan and Charles Barkley. They have a great deal of experience with similar issues and can surely provide him the support he needs.