Tiger Arrested For DUI (NO POLITICS, RELIGION, PERSONAL ATTACKS, ...)

donuts

Tiger making a seamless entry into middle age. I know he has gazillions, but the cash he has blown on lost endorsements is nuts. Leopard has to do leopard stuff I suppose.

whoa ! Ya on a different time line over there? He's 40! ( those of you from across the pond, that's forty as in years old ) not even close to middle age.

Well, let's see here ... what does this darned Google say? Oh, here it is ... average life expectancy for an American male is 79 years. Gee, I guess 40 is middle age. Who woulda thunk?

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So.....If Woods' story holds up, are any of the 22 pages of vilifiers going to apologise for being a wee bit hasty in your judgement? Or will you pull a CNN and stick to your guns no matter what..........

Are the apologists going to criticize him for driving under the influence of anythjing or because it's pain killers he just gets a pass? A prescription makes it all OK will be "team Tiger's" rallying cry

Yeah, if he knew his prescription drugs would affect his driving ability, then he shouldn't have been driving.

R11S 8* square; Stock stiff
Maltby KE4 14* 3w , Axe Excaliber R flex tipped 1"
RBZ 25* hb; RBZstage 2 19* hb
Mizuno MP30 5 - PW, AXE Excaliber stiff, Hogan Apex PC E Wedge (50*) TT DG s300
GM Never Compromise GM2 putter
54*, 58* TM TP wedges 3* flat

Tiger's successes are covered more: Because he IS THE NEEDLE AND THEY SHOULD BE BECAUSE HE IS THE MAN!!!!

Tiger's issues are covered more: Because of racism

Ah, OK

Someone said that the only reason it's being covered is because of racism?

Someone said Dustin Johnson in 2009 had the same stature as Tiger Woods does now?

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Tiger's successes are covered more: Because he IS THE NEEDLE AND THEY SHOULD BE BECAUSE HE IS THE MAN!!!!

Ah, OK

Someone said Dustin Johnson in 2009 had the same stature as Tiger Woods does now?

That's a no to my question then?

Tiger issues a statement. Alcohol not involved.

I'm not surprised by this. Must have been meds. Still, gotta be smarter than that. Driving around after mixing meds at 3 AM?

http://golfweek.com/...l-not-involved/

Are you saying the news got it wrong?

Well, there's a first............

What are you saying the news got wrong? He was arrested for DUI.

The statement he made about not being alcohol didn't surprise me, because I didn't think he drank. He was and has now admitted to being under the influence and driving, thus DUI.

We were told this by the press. We were told he failed a breathalyser. If it was drugs, blood tests are required in order for them to show up in his system. No mention of a blood test in the press release. If he wasn't drinking, then there wouldn't be the need for a breathalyser test. And even if he blew, he would not have failed.

So, he was either not drinking and the Press did what it does so well these days....get it wrong. Or.... Woods himself is lying, in spite of the fact that law enforcement has the truth somewhere....

Can you please link to the article that says he blew a 0.08 ? I couldn't find it.

he is claiming it was the oxy.

He was arrested at 3 am.

His picture, taken 4 hours later, shows him looking complete wasted.

Alcohol or prescription pills, anyone who believes his bullxxxx story is naive.

If he doesn't get help he's going to be another celebrity dead way too soon, with a bunch of his supposed friends talking about how they knew all along he had a problem.

I would point out that major media outlets were reporting earlier today (and a few others probably not considered 'major') that Woods had been charged with being over Florida's legal BAC. Secondly, some outlets are still reporting that an arresting officer smelled alcohol on his breath.

Time will bear out the truth to be sure.

So.....If Woods' story holds up, are any of the 22 pages of vilifiers going to apologise for being a wee bit hasty in your judgement? Or will you pull a CNN and stick to your guns no matter what..........

Are the apologists going to criticize him for driving under the influence of anythjing or because it's pain killers he just gets a pass? A prescription makes it all OK will be "team Tiger's" rallying cry

It is not ok and anyone that has ever been given a Scedule II through V, and your narcotics are II & III, with perks(oxycodone), vikes(hydrocodone) and my current drug, dilaudid(synthetic morphine) being Schedule II, the strongest narcotics that can be legally prescribed in this country though I guess that reefer has moved from Schedule I to II in some states, has been told ad nauseum not to operate a motor vehicle of any kind along with this label being in orange or yellow on every single bottle prescribed. When you pick up your script, they will ask you if you want to speak to the pharmacist and most of you(I am in this group also) politely say "no thanks," at which time and each and every time you will be asked to electronically sign on the line that you have no questions and that you understand the instructions.

Had you said yes, that you would like to speak to the pharmacist, if you had no questions, he/she would tell you three things regarding your narcotics script~

1) take only as directed

2) have something in your stomach prior to taking

3) DO NOT OPERATE A MOTOR VEHICLE

Please Please Please do not tell me that he did not know or it was like some 18-19yo kid after their first surgery-

He's been down this road before, as his first serious surgery was the knee in '08 and he's probably living on the perks(vikes are like M&M's compared to Percocets and I haven't taken a script for vikes since my 6-7th knee surgery in 1994(I've had 11). Tiger's docs have become enablers and it's all legal and it in all probability ethical because we do not know the back story, no pun intended.

Putting all of this aside, and as those of you that have taken a Vicodin and/or Percocet know, and it affects each of us differently however, just as with alcohol, your inhibitions, focus and discipline are much lower.

You make poor decisions-

What I did and do is my decision(s) is made prior to my taking the medicine. Obviously I cannot drive now with the after effects of the stroke combined with the blindness in my left eye however I will talk to Madison, my family and/or my friends at the end of my cycle(5-6th hour) and any relevant decisions are made then.

With Tiger, he's probably takin em around the clock, almost as a maintenance drug, and narcotics ARE NOT A MAINTENANCE DRUG UNLESS YOU HAVE CANCER or in the cases of some seniors with debilitating arthritic/joint pain or failed back surgery(seniors, not 40yo men).

I do not know Tiger's medical condition though most otherwise healthy middle aged males who undergo this type of spine surgery should be off of the heavy duty stuff by this time post-op(4-6 weeks). If they need something for pain or discomfort, they should be good with 800mg Motrin.

If Tiger's on this like it appears that he is, he should have manned up, and either have a Friend drive him or hire a chauffeur, and I don't care if it's to run down the street at 9am to get a friggin coffee.

In my eyes this is as bad as alcohol and just please please please don't insult my intelligence by telling me that he didn't realize the effects of the narcs!!

He friggin knew and he just didn't care-

Well, I hope that he takes this a little bit more seriously in the future-

If alcohol was not involved and it was just meds, to me, that's even worse, not better-

I would say the same thing to his face-

It was a selfish narcissistic arsehole move and I hope that ya pay through the teeth and learn a lesson-

I still like him, I just can't believe that he was this clueless-

I really thought that he'd learned a few lessons and had grown up a bit-

This shows me that he hasn't learned shat-

Ok, rant over-

Now for my 9:00 meds, lmao

I'll see you guys in an hour cuz I'm definitely obiding by my 60-minute rule tonight and in this thread??

Stay well my Friends?

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

People make mistakes. It's human nature and we are all subject to them. With that said, I'm certainly no moralist but drinking and driving in today's society with Uber, car services, etc. is just plain stupid.

Ah, what would a Cubs fan know?

Kidding, dude. :)

Goats, curses, black cats and Bartman until last November! ✌️

Congratulations, buddy. I was thrilled for the Cubbies and their fans. Tony Rizzo is my favorite player, but the Dodgers will spank 'em this year. :)

Yeah, if he knew his prescription drugs would affect his driving ability, then he shouldn't have been driving.

So, the defense now turns from "see? just painkillers' no scotch. No harm no foul" to "well he shouldn't have been driving UNLESS He's a total Fing moron and/or can't read prescription warnings"

That's where we are kids. The best defense tiger's minute men can come up with is "He's an idiot"

Callaway XR Pro Attas Tour SPX X
Taylormade Tour issue 15* V Steel 3 wood
Hybrid undecided
Cobra Amp Cell Pro's (All MB) 4-GW Project X Rifle 6.0
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
White Hot 6 Long Neck

Tiger's statement is clever. He does not claim that he had not been drinking. He claims alcohol was not involved, presumably in his driving under impairment. He blames the impairment on the mixture of medications.

His statement gives him an out if it is proven that he did have alcohol at some point earlier in the day or evening.

Tiger made a statement saying alcohol wasn't involved but this occurred from a mixture of meds he was taking.

No way Tiger makes a statement like this that can backfire. So for now it's looking like he messed up with his meds.

http://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/19491284/golf-dui-arrest-exposes-another-low-point-tiger-woods

I guess don't drink and drive isn't the same as

What is on every heavy medication bottle from the pharmacy

DO NOT DRIVE OR OPERATE HEAVY MACHINERY WHILE TAKING THIS MEDICATION l

May cause marked drowsiness

Alcohol will intensify this effect

Narcissists gonna narcissist

Not me! Rules don't apply to me

I would point out that major media outlets were reporting earlier today (and a few others probably not considered 'major') that Woods had been charged with being over Florida's legal BAC. Secondly, some outlets are still reporting that an arresting officer smelled alcohol on his breath.

Time will bear out the truth to be sure.

I've searched Google and went to all the major media sites and found nothing about them reporting alcohol. Only the worthless rags of TMZ and NY Post did.

Ah, OK

That's a no to my question then?

To your question about someone saying this was "only" covered because Tiger is black, sure, that is a no.

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

So let's make this really simple. Tiger, provide a receipt that shows you were quaffing club soda and then we're all good on the drinking count.

Who gets a receipt at a strip club though?

"Madam! Get back here! I need a receipt for that lap dance for my tax return!"

Lap dances are actually a tax deductible expense per my accountant. Of course, he's in jail doing 2-6. But he's good.

So let's make this really simple. Tiger, provide a receipt that shows you were quaffing club soda and then we're all good on the drinking count.

Who gets a receipt at a strip club though?

"Madam! Get back here! I need a receipt for that lap dance for my tax return!"

Lap dances are actually a tax deductible expense per my accountant. Of course, he's in jail doing 2-6. But he's good.

Doing 2-6 what? Strippers?

If so that guy is awesome. I immediately forgive him

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

He was arrested at 3 am.

If he doesn't get help he's going to be another celebrity dead way too soon, with a bunch of his supposed friends talking about how they knew all along he had a problem.

He could have been on his way to the range...

Heres irony for you, all the traffic signs this weekend in Socal "DUI doesnt just mean booze, Meds impare too"

Callaway Rougue ST LS Triple Diamond Tensei Raw First responders TX

Callaway Rogue ST LS 15 degree Ventus TR

Cobra RADSpeed Tour 19 Motore X F1

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 Hazard Smoke
Cobra King Tour 5-G Project X LS120 6.0  

New Level SPN Milled 53 
Cleveland Tour Rack RTX Zipcore 58 DG GRIND
SWAG Savage AF Raw LA Golf SOHO

He was arrested at 3 am.

He could have been on his way to the range...

He heard Rickie Fowler gets to the course at 4am.