Tiger Arrested For DUI (NO POLITICS, RELIGION, PERSONAL ATTACKS, ...)

donuts

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When one takes a Percocet orally as prescribed, putting the pill in your mouth, taking a swig of a liquid and swallowing it, roughly 48% of that oxycodone gets into your system after the pill is metabolized and goes through one's system.

By dissolving it, one gets 92% of the narcotic into their system.

This is 100% false.

It's 100% fact-

Actually 89-92% and the low end number is spot on and the individual who spoke about it at a UPMC Pain Symposium was Cyril Wecht, M.D., JD, former Medical Examiner(Coroner), Alleghenies County

Regards,

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

According to reports Tiger had a blood alcohol content of 0.00% both from a breath test and a urine sample. In order to do a blood test from my understanding of State Statute Law in Florida, the arresting agency or prosecutor has to obtain a warrant to draw blood. Apparently from all accounts this has not been done and there were no tests outside of breath and urine for alcohol only.

If that is the case, then the prosecutor would have to prove by other physical means that Tiger was under the influence while operating a vehicle. According to the report the police found him asleep behind the wheel. They did not witness him driving and then pulled him over. So without a blood test and no evidence of impaired driving, how is the prosecutor going to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Tiger operated a vehicle under the influence of prescription medications? Not much to go on in this case as far as evidence.

Yep. Which is why likely an early plea agreement settled this. He pleads guilty to illegal parking and pays a hefty fine for that. Maybe public intoxication? Unless the state of Florida specifically considers behind the wheel driving. I'm pretty sure SC does only if the keys are in the ignition.. He should have slipped over to the pass side before he passed out.

I doubt SC or any state for that matter has "keys in the ignition" as the legal definition. It's either operating, driving, control of, etc., but a lot of ignitions don't require keys these days and an attorney would eat that up.

Florida law says driving or in control of, so sitting behind the wheel is in physical control of (meaning sitting in the driver's seat).

(1) A person is guilty of the offense of driving under the influence and is subject to punishment as provided in subsection (2) if the person is driving or in actual physical control of a vehicle within this state and:

(a) The person is under the influence of alcoholic beverages, any chemical substance set forth in s. 877.111, or any substance controlled under chapter 893, when affected to the extent that the person’s normal faculties are impaired;

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/52967-thug-hunters-bag/page__hl__thug+hunter"]WITB Link[/url]

Titleist 915 8.5º D3 Rogue Black 70X
Titleist 915F 16.5º Rogue Black 70X
Titleist 816 H2 21º Diamana 70S
Titleist 712 AP2 3-PW S300
Titleist SM6 52º & 58º Jet Black
Odyssey Black Series Tour Design #2 or #8
Under Armour Storm Match Play stand bag (Blue Marker)

Anyone want to sum up the last 14 pages of this thread?

He was wrong.

Driving on a prescription isn't de facto illegal, but it is when you are impaired.

Driving on a prescription is illegal.

Everyone's trying to defend him.

Everyone's trying to destroy him.

You can get a DUI if you aren't driving (personal favorite because everyone keeps saying it like it's news).

Everybody drinks and drives.

Nobody drinks and drives.

Various Perkins, Amanda Dufner, and "best drive this year" jokes.

Hope this helps!

AND I made a hilarious mighty ducks Minnesota miracle man reference on page one.

Which I feel cannot be emphasized enough.

He had no alcohol in his body. Just woke up from his painkillers, give him a break. He was NOT driving and that law is BS. I am neutral on Tiger but he has serious physical problems and takes painkillers for all those injuries like anyone else would do. Sad the news has nothing better to report.

Police report is out. Car had damage so he was definitely driving.

That only proves car has damage. Could have been damaged while parked. Without witness to driving how can you swear he was driving. ?

I'm not giving tiger a pass. He's being punished more than you or I would right now. But. Circumstantial evidence is pretty weak in court. But I'm sure he will plea this down and get it Behind him.

Are you for real? He was buckled into the driver's seat, car was in gear, foot was on the brake. He was actually still driving when the cop woke him up.

He had no alcohol in his body. Just woke up from his painkillers, give him a break. He was NOT driving and that law is BS. I am neutral on Tiger but he has serious physical problems and takes painkillers for all those injuries like anyone else would do. Sad the news has nothing better to report.

That only proves car has damage. Could have been damaged while parked. Without witness to driving how can you swear he was driving. ?

I'm not giving tiger a pass. He's being punished more than you or I would right now. But. Circumstantial evidence is pretty weak in court. But I'm sure he will plea this down and get it Behind him.

You're spot on.......Which is the reason all states have driving defined as "moving" and have the other covered by having terms such as "in control of", "operating", etc. defined as pretty much sitting behind the wheel with the ability to drive at any time.

I'm not going to go to the extent of searching more Florida statutes, but this will likely be plead down to a lessor charge. In Texas, it's usually plead down to a Class C misdemeanor obstructing a roadway or Class B reckless driving. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Tiger will have a pretty good attorney who knows what he's doing and Tiger will suffer more damage to his already tarnished image than he will with the courts.

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/52967-thug-hunters-bag/page__hl__thug+hunter"]WITB Link[/url]

I thought last week he said he never felt better, so why take drugs that strong. Yes he could have been slipped something but probably not. Not sure we will ever find out but he F'''D up. Meds that strong your probably not allowed to drive anyway. Im a Tiger fan but he broke the law , most likely Cocaine my guess , Too Bad

Cocaine? Really? Hopefully I'm missing this as a humor somehow!

When one takes a Percocet orally as prescribed, putting the pill in your mouth, taking a swig of a liquid and swallowing it, roughly 48% of that oxycodone gets into your system after the pill is metabolized and goes through one's system.

This is 100% false.

It's 100% fact-

Actually 89-92% and the low end number is spot on and the individual who spoke about it at a UPMC Pain Symposium was Cyril Wecht, M.D., JD, former Medical Examiner(Coroner), Alleghenies County

Regards,

RP

Yes,, and probably why my neighbor crushed and snorted his Oxy's... Much more potent if you get it to the blood quicker...

Thats why if you alter an OxyContin(not Percocet, an OxyContin) in ANY way, the pill is rendered worthless due to all of the overdoses.

Stay well and take em as they're prescribed?

My Best,

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

Are you for real? He was buckled into the driver's seat, car was in gear, foot was on the brake. He was actually still driving when the cop woke him up.

Is it too far fetched to think that someone else was driving, crashed the car, fled the scene, Tiger woke up during the crash, jumped in the driver's seat and attempted to drive, but the vehicle wouldn't move, so he was like F it and passed out? It shouldn't be too far fetched because I've seen it first hand......more than I can count!

You weren't there and neither was I, but speculating isn't something that holds up in court. Just the facts! There's enough to prosecute for the DUI, but to prove he was involved in a crash would take witnesses or evidence. And so far, I haven't heard any.

Tiger has been through more emotions in the last 10 years than most people go through in a lifetime. Fathers death, top athlete in the world, dirty laundry aired to the entire world, laughing stock of Kymars jokes, divorce, surgery, struggling golf game, the list goes on. Pills are very addictive and if you have depression issues it can be even more serious. It's not hard to understand why / if Tiger does have some depression issues and it's not hard to understand why / if he would abuse the medications. If you can't have sympathy for him as a human being than you have your own issues that are more than likely deeper than his. Whether his issues are self inflicted or not it's hard not to feel bad for the guy.

Yeah, nobody has ever had their father pass away, gone through surgery, or gotten divorced.

Under a 24/7 media microscope? Yes, he's a world famous golfer and a billionaire so it comes with the territory, but you're full of s*** if you think handling your troubles in private is the same as what he's had to deal with. A bank vault filled with gold is a wonderful silver lining, but money can't buy you privacy, and privacy is freedom. Freedom? Priceless.

Laughable.He bought his own inland island so to speak. Of course money can buy you privacy. Ill gladly take the bank account and deal with that comes with it as im sure 99.9% of people would too.Some people screw up with insane wealth and fame some dont. Jordan seems to have handled it well enough. Hell Magic Johnson had to face cameras and explain why he had HIV but his wife didnt.

Bottom line his nickname on tour is "loneliest man on tour" because he literally is close with no one. The only guys he gravitated to were way older. If you really believe Notah is a "friend" then....

This is just silly. Being in the roadway, buckled into the drivers seat, foot on the brake, with the engine running is more than circumstantial evidence.

Is it too far fetched to think that someone else was driving, crashed the car, fled the scene, Tiger woke up during the crash, jumped in the driver's seat and attempted to drive. It shouldn't be too far fetched because I've seen it first hand......more than I can count!

You weren't there and neither was I, but speculating isn't something that holds up in court. Just the facts! There's enough to prosecute for the DUI, but to prove he was involved in a crash would take witnesses or evidence. And so far, I haven't heard any.

giphy.gif

According to reports Tiger had a blood alcohol content of 0.00% both from a breath test and a urine sample. In order to do a blood test from my understanding of State Statute Law in Florida, the arresting agency or prosecutor has to obtain a warrant to draw blood. Apparently from all accounts this has not been done and there were no tests outside of breath and urine for alcohol only.

If that is the case, then the prosecutor would have to prove by other physical means that Tiger was under the influence while operating a vehicle. According to the report the police found him asleep behind the wheel. They did not witness him driving and then pulled him over. So without a blood test and no evidence of impaired driving, how is the prosecutor going to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Tiger operated a vehicle under the influence of prescription medications? Not much to go on in this case as far as evidence.

Yep. Which is why likely an early plea agreement settled this. He pleads guilty to illegal parking and pays a hefty fine for that. Maybe public intoxication? Unless the state of Florida specifically considers behind the wheel driving. I'm pretty sure SC does only if the keys are in the ignition.. He should have slipped over to the pass side before he passed out.

Except for his statement that basically confesses to DUI. Which is evidence. But if you want to argue his car teleported to being in a lane of traffic with him at wheel asleep without driving there, go for it. As a former federal prosecutor, I'd relish taking this one into court.

Ironic that in the year Tiger's rival Sergio gets a green jacket, Tiger gets an orange jumpsuit.

exactly my thoughts... anyone know where sergio was night before last ?

Cobra LTD X 9* Hzrdus RDX blue 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Is it too far fetched to think that someone else was driving, crashed the car, fled the scene, Tiger woke up during the crash, jumped in the driver's seat and attempted to drive, but the vehicle wouldn't move, so he was like F it and passed out? It shouldn't be too far fetched because I've seen it first hand......more than I can count!

This is the dumbest thing said in this thread. Congratulations.

I doubt SC or any state for that matter has "keys in the ignition" as the legal definition. It's either operating, driving, control of, etc., but a lot of ignitions don't require keys these days and an attorney would eat that up.

Florida law says driving or in control of, so sitting behind the wheel is in physical control of (meaning sitting in the driver's seat).

(1) A person is guilty of the offense of driving under the influence and is subject to punishment as provided in subsection (2) if the person is driving or in actual physical control of a vehicle within this state and:

(a) The person is under the influence of alcoholic beverages, any chemical substance set forth in s. 877.111, or any substance controlled under chapter 893, when affected to the extent that the person’s normal faculties are impaired;

just to be contrary... is passed out "in control of" anything ?

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

When I saw the headlines this morning on the MSN page I knew I had better move over to Golf WRX if I wanted to get the full truth. Just decided to check the latest after an extra long day of work and BAM! 52 pages! Edit for 53 pages by the time I got this typed!

All I'm going to say is that it is crazy the amount of pills that are prescribed for pain "management". A few years ago my wife had neck surgery to fuse 3 vertebrae together. Post surgery she still was in tremendous pain and was referred to the pain clinic at a very well known teaching/research hospital in our area. Pain clinic is a synonym for pill dispensary. It was full of zombies. It took a while but my wife was able to get off the strong meds. There is no telling how many people we come in contact with every day that are hooked on pills. Epidemic

Ping G400 Max 10.5
Ping G400 5 wood
Ping i-e1 4-U Nippon 105 Stiff
Cleveland 588 RTX CB 52, 56&60
Cameron Squareback 1 Studio Select

This is just silly. Being in the roadway, buckled into the drivers seat, foot on the brake, with the engine running is more than circumstantial evidence.

but if he were fighting it could you prove how he got there ? minus a witness or traffic cam etc ?

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

This is 100% false.

It's 100% fact-

Regards,

RP

Yes, I'd give more credit to a pathologist to know more about the pharmacodynamics of opioid narcotics than what was taught to me during my residency in anesthesiology and pain management.

Let's see the actual study, or it didn't happen. A URL will suffice.

Cobra LTDx LS 9*
TaylorMade Sim2 Max 3W
TaylorMade Sim2 Max 3H
TaylorMade P-790 4-PW
Titleist Vokey SM5 52

Titleist Vokey SM8 56
Titleist Vokey SM7 60
Scotty Cameron Select Fastback 2

but if he were fighting it could you prove how he got there ? minus a witness or traffic cam etc ?

What's the argument? Regardless of how he got there, he was in physical control of the vehicle and under the influence. This fits the statute.

Pretty cut and dry.

Actual physical control of a vehicle under the Florida DUI laws has been interpreted to mean being in the driver’s seat with the keys in the ignition (whether the vehicle is running or not) or being in the driver’s seat with the keys within arm’s reach.

Of course!! The Russians!!!!

Well, I went home with the waitress

The way I always do

How was I to know

She was with the Russians, too

Somehow Tiger got stuck between a rock and a hard place.

And he's down on his luck.

Hyah!

Now I'm hiding in Honduras

I'm a desperate man

Send lawyers, guns & money

the s**t has hit the fan

No I don't know anyone that has driven drunk in last 5 years. People I know have a designated driver who drinks soda or water while their spouse drinks or at family parties the kids drive the parents home if they had too much. It's not that complicated, in a car of 4 or 5, 1 person doesn't drink.

5 years?

So, you wanna lock up all the people you know who drank and drove in your own stated

"10-15 years" policy?

I applaud you dont drink and drive. But are you saying you *never* have?

No, I'm 52 and when I was 19 I there were a few times I did probably get behind the wheel when I shouldn't have, but not since then.

Admittedly I'm not a big drinker so it's not a big deal for me to not drink and I have no problem being a designated driver for those who do. If Tiger was 21 I'd cut him more slack, but at 41 with kids of his own, he should know better.

Driver - Callaway Paradym
Woods - Callaway Paradym 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Callaway Paradym 6-52*
Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

Tiger has been through more emotions in the last 10 years than most people go through in a lifetime. Fathers death, top athlete in the world, dirty laundry aired to the entire world, laughing stock of Kymars jokes, divorce, surgery, struggling golf game, the list goes on. Pills are very addictive and if you have depression issues it can be even more serious. It's not hard to understand why / if Tiger does have some depression issues and it's not hard to understand why / if he would abuse the medications. If you can't have sympathy for him as a human being than you have your own issues that are more than likely deeper than his. Whether his issues are self inflicted or not it's hard not to feel bad for the guy.

Many people enjoy seeing others suffer...it makes their tiresome, tedious lives seem better.

http://nypost.com/20...dui-in-florida/

The legendary golfer was busted on suspicion of driving under the influence in South Florida early Monday when a cop smelled booze on his breath during a traffic stop and Woods refused to take a Breathalyzer, a report said.

He was heading southbound — in the opposite direction of his $83 million waterfront home and his restaurant The Woods, local reports said.

The 14-time major champion, who was the world's No. 1 golfer longer than anyone else, was driving a 2015 Mercedes-Benz "erratically, all over the road" when he was stopped, law-enforcement sources told TMZ.

Woods' girlfriend, stylist Kristin Smith, the ex-wife of former Dallas Cowboys safety Gerald Sensabaugh, learned about Woods' arrest during a phone call she received inside a Neiman-Marcus store in Dallas, TMZ said.

Several shoppers said Smith "went crazy," saying, "I knew it, I knew it," the Web site said.

Smith then reportedly began crying, bought $5,000 worth of merchandise and left the store.

So this appears to be a totally fabricated story. Truly Fake News. Beware what you believe from the media.

Yea well it's the NY Post quoting TMZ. Hardly the bastion of hard news.

Well, at least their source isn't "anonymous". lol

Just like the "bastions" of hard news.

(cool)