Tiger Arrested For DUI (NO POLITICS, RELIGION, PERSONAL ATTACKS, ...)

donuts

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man that video is hard to watch. For some reason I sat through 30 minutes of it. Part of me would have been more satisfied seeing him act like a belligerent word not allowed who was wasted but coherent. But this was anything but that. He looked like he had been shot up with a couple horse tranquilizers. Just brutal, hard to watch and frankly really sad.

I really hope it was an honest mistake and he took too much or had a bad reaction. But we know he isn't a saint. And have a feeling he's been in this condition before.

Right or wrong, In the end, I think this goes away. It will get pled down to a wreckless op. No priors, no documented, factual, evidence of a drug issue, all scripts were prescribed to him and he is 30 or so days removed from major surgery. That will be enough to get the judicial system to believe it was an honest mistake and he was not in control of his actions due to a bad reaction to prescribed meds.

But what's clear is that if this has happened in any semblance before, the guy needs help.

Driver: PXG 0311 Gen 4 9*
3w: Taylormade Sim 15*
Hybrid: Titleist 816h 21*
Irons: PXG 0311 Gen 5 T 4i thru GW 
Wedges: Vokey SM9 54*, 58*
Putter: Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5

Anyone else sickened by the golf channels coverage of this? Rich Lerner talking through the field sobriety test with a false twang of disappointment in his voice as if he's describing the collapse of a nation or something. Jesus Christ they bang on about how much they all owe tiger every week now they can't wait to dissect this humiliating video of him out of his mind on meds. Utterly classless channel full of disingenuous creeps and being run by people with no sense of decency. I'm not a big tiger fan only got into golf in the last couple of years but to see someone clearly at rock bottom being humiliated on TV like that is just horrible, I really feel for tiger. They wana laud Billy Horchels wife for being an alcoholic and stick the needle into someone who likely has a problem with prescription drugs, I know I shouldn't expect any better but come on have 1 ounce of class you fake smiling greased up cheese balls.

I am of the opinion that it should not have been aired on GC. Yes, Tiger screwed up, and he'll pay the price. But I don't see journalism in what was shown. Put a link on your site for those who are interested, but showing that on the air? For what purpose? (I know the drivel that GC will spew - it's a rhetorical question folks...) Tabloid journalism is all we have now I'm afraid.

Callaway Rogue EvenFlow Blue
Callaway XHot 15* PX 6.0
Callaway Heavenwood 20*
Mizuno MP64 4-PW PX 5.5
Vokey SM5 50.12 (F), 55.08 (S), 60.06 (M)
Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum (circa 1999)

I want to see the people who were spinning this whole dwi vs dui thing and the fact that the scripts were somehow "better" than booze

And that this wasn't illegal.

I had a hunch it was this bad. And perhaps I never got my point across in this medium. But this is what I figured if not even worse.

He will get off with a warning but taking this much is indeed illegal when you drive.

No wonder he always grabbed his back when he was hurt playing recently. The pills probably wore off

I too saw Tiger at the Byron Nelson after winning his first masters and I remember standing right next to him as he tossed grass for wind direction on the tee at 17 and it actually hit me in the face. And he looked at me and apologized but he looked so ZEN

This is the antithesis of that

Not trying to stand up for the guy or anything, but I don't think he chose to drive. In that video the guy was basically a lukewarm body with jist enough brain function to breathe. Not that it makes it right or remedies the situation, but, ambien has been known to have effects like that. Now if he has done crap like this before, than absolutely, fire away. But this doesn't look like a situation where he popped some pills and jumped behind the wheel to go grab some Taco Bell or find a Perkins waitress. The guy looked and acted like he was sleep walking.

Driver: PXG 0311 Gen 4 9*
3w: Taylormade Sim 15*
Hybrid: Titleist 816h 21*
Irons: PXG 0311 Gen 5 T 4i thru GW 
Wedges: Vokey SM9 54*, 58*
Putter: Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5

Man that video is hard to watch. For some reason I sat through 30 minutes of it. Part of me would have been more satisfied seeing him act like a belligerent word not allowed who was wasted but coherent. But this was anything but that. He looked like he had been shot up with a couple horse tranquilizers. Just brutal, hard to watch and frankly really sad.

I really hope it was an honest mistake and he took too much or had a bad reaction. But we know he isn't a saint. And have a feeling he's been in this condition before.

Right or wrong, In the end, I think this goes away. It will get pled down to a wreckless op. No priors, no documented, factual, evidence of a drug issue, all scripts were prescribed to him and he is 30 or so days removed from major surgery. That will be enough to get the judicial system to believe it was an honest mistake and he was not in control of his actions due to a bad reaction to prescribed meds.

But what's clear is that if this has happened in any semblance before, the guy needs help.

On the legal side I'm not really worried about it either - I think it will be minor and life will move on.

I still wonder if it will have any impact with the capacity with which he sees his kids, and what effect that might have on him.

Golf is the least of his issues.

I am doubting him ever playing again.

I expect him to play in next years Masters. For what he's already accomplished in life and the challenges he has overcome this is easy if he puts his mind to it.

Put me down as thinking that will be really neat if he does.

I have battled depression my whole life and there are days when I have golf scheduled and I would rather lay in bed with the covers over my head.

Hard to do stuff you enjoy when your feeling that awful.

Yes he can do it but he ain't 21

Drugs, hoes, and children will get in the way if he does nothing.

Tiger.

Guy, bad as it is...

Didnt crawl on the ground like a pig, or cry for his momma, or puke, or freak out like some nut, or get wheeled out on a stretcher. (Hopefully those vids dont come out tomorrow)

Stayed on his feet.

But guy has to get his $hit together. I mean, even I have to draw the line somewhere ; )

I wasn't able to find that DJ magic with mine. Loved the look though. However, I recently fell in love with a Toulon Memphis. The face milling is great as is the feel. Could be worth checking out.

J13, new Bloodline putter right up your alley...

He was clearly snowed from the mix of medication which doesn't look intentional. I work in the medical world and ask any Doctor about pain and sleep meds. Patients can literally sleep drive, sleep cook, sleep walk ,ect and have no idea that they are doing it. This look like what's going on and to be honest when they did the breathalyzer and saw 0.000 they should have taken him to seek medical attention not jail. At that point it was clear he was on some drug/s and he could have went into cardiac arrest or a number of other issues. I honestly would be surprised if this thing took a twist on the Jupiter PD especially with them releasing this video (and they didn't have to). Ask any doctor what police should have done in that situation and everyone of them would say seek medical attention before central booking.

Callaway Ai Smoke Triple  8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

TM Qi10 15* / Project X HZRDUS Black 8X        

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel ARRAY F3 w/ 3 line alignment

I used to take ambien but had bad reaction. I would sleepwalk, go outside, took a shower and don't remember any of it. My wife said my eyes looked like he did and I sounded the same. He has been known to take ambien so could realistically be that.

2017 M1 440 9.5* - Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
TM M3 3 wood - 14.25* - Tensei Pro White 80TX
Srixon u45 DI - 19* - Tensei Pro White Hybrid 100TX
Mizuno mp18 4-PW - Nippon Modus3 120x
Hogan TK wedges - 50*, 54*, 58* - Nippon Modus3 120x
Ping Anser OG
Snell MTB Black

I used to take ambien but had bad reaction. I would sleepwalk, go outside, took a shower and don't remember any of it. My wife said my eyes looked like he did and I sounded the same. He has been known to take ambien so could realistically be that.

The Mrs took Ambien for a short time a few years ago. She awoke one morning on the couch to find she'd eaten a half gallon of ice cream, with the empty carton on the coffee table. A couple of nights later, she found herself in the middle of the grocery store at 3:30AM with no recollection of how she got there or why she went. Scary stuff, but some of the pain meds she takes for chronic migraines are almost as bad.

Callaway Rogue EvenFlow Blue
Callaway XHot 15* PX 6.0
Callaway Heavenwood 20*
Mizuno MP64 4-PW PX 5.5
Vokey SM5 50.12 (F), 55.08 (S), 60.06 (M)
Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum (circa 1999)

He was clearly snowed from the mix of medication which doesn't look intentional. I work in the medical world and ask any Doctor about pain and sleep meds. Patients can literally sleep drive, sleep cook, sleep walk ,ect and have no idea that they are doing it. This look like what's going on and to be honest when they did the breathalyzer and saw 0.000 they should have taken him to seek medical attention not jail. At that point it was clear he was on some drug/s and he could have went into cardiac arrest or a number of other issues. I honestly would be surprised if this thing took a twist on the Jupiter PD especially with them releasing this video (and they didn't have to). Ask any doctor what police should have done in that situation and everyone of them would say seek medical attention before central booking.

That's a pretty good point. The guy is totally non functioning, they know he's not drunk and they know he's on meds. It easily could have been an overdose in progress and you've got to explain how Tiger Woods died in your custody without having seen a doctor.

Driver: TaylorMade Sim2 Max - 10.5*
Fairway: Callaway Epic Max - 15*, 21*, 25*

Hybrid:  Ping G425 30*
Irons: TaylorMade Stealth 7-AW
Wedges: PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II 56* 

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II 62*
Putter:  Directed Force 2.1
Ball:  Callaway Chrome Soft

I wasn't able to find that DJ magic with mine. Loved the look though. However, I recently fell in love with a Toulon Memphis. The face milling is great as is the feel. Could be worth checking out.

J13, new Bloodline putter right up your alley...

I am dumbfounded that someone could apologize so profusely for Tiger and blame the police instead.

Kool aid is a helleva drug...

Always been a huge Tiger fan and I still will, but regardless of who it is...this just makes me feel sad. How depressing.

Callaway Mavrik Max 10.5* Driver
TaylorMade 2007 Burner 18* Fairway Wood
Titleist 816H1 23* Hybrid
Callaway Apex 19 Smoke Irons 5-PW
Callaway MD5 Jaws Wedges 50* 54* 58*
Callaway PM Grind 19 64* Wedge
Titleist Scotty Cameron California Series Fastback

I expected this from the lowlife parasites at TMZ, but GolfWRX? They have officially become just as low. I'd say they should be ashamed, but they have no shame to begin with. At least they can hold their hat on page click stats. Disgraceful.

PING G400 Max 10.5° (+)
PING G430 fairway 18° (F-), Alta CB S
PING G430 hybrid 22° (F-), Alta CB S
PING i530 5-U, DG Mid 115 S300
PING s159 54°-W (bent 52°), 58°-B, DG Mid 115 S300
PING Serene B60, KBS CT Tour, 35"
Maxfli Tour Yellow