Tiger Arrested For DUI (NO POLITICS, RELIGION, PERSONAL ATTACKS, ...)

donuts

WRX posting this on the front page is lame.

Agree. What's next kardashians playing golf ? Just smells wrong to me. I don't like tmz .

Side note. I wonder how much the police dept got for the tape ? I assume it's not legal for them to keep it top secret. But I don't like the idea that they can sell it off ( which obviously is what happened here). Makes you wonder if that isn't the instigation of all the body cams now. A revenue stream. X2. More convictions , less claims against officers ( in theory ) and juicy celeb videos like this to sell.

Peeking in on social media, the response to GC, Golf Digest and Golf.com is overwhelmingly negative. People are saying the posting of the video is over the top and unnecessary. Those sites and this one are looking for clicks. The stomping on a guy and humiliating him publicly isn't really needed. This type of thing can push a guy over the edge due to the embarrassment and the commentary can have a very sad and tragic ending.

Yep. I haven't watched the video. I've honestly seen it too much in real life and don't care to. I'm not a tiger apologist even though some think I am. What I am is a person who hates to see a fellow man kicked when he's down. There's just no use in it. And as a society we should be ashamed ( I am ) that we feed off of things like this rather than put forth effort to prevent them. A drug that can do this should not be available for sale. And my mind can't be changed on that.

I know a relatively popular former football player. He's had multiple concussions. We begged him to wear the bigger and thicker helmet, but they kept pumping him full of drugs and they changed him to someone we didn't know. They messed him up pretty bad.

I've seen the effects too in the military. We say we want to help, while kicking the guy in the face over and over again just before we kick him out of the service. Then whatever happens happens. And sometimes, whatever does happen.

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's something even more scary Would if he had his kids with him. Holy hell that would be really bad.

How long has Tiger lived there in Jupiter? How far does Elin live near him?

Regarding the drug epidemic. Drug companies are making huge amounts of money, and they are encouraging (paying?) doctors to prescribe there meds.

Just look at all these gaddamn drug commercials all day long on TV selling drugs. The government needs to step in.

http://www.bbc.com/n...siness-28212223

With all due respect, MORE government is seldom a good thing.

No in cases like this, somebody needs to control the drug companies from doing this. We wouldn't have situations like this if drug companies couldn't profit from selling opioids.

I don't disagree with that, but not to get political, but that carries over into government run health care. Can of worms.

That looks like a 3 lane highway, he could have easily killed someone if it wasn't 3am. I'm sure Nike is thrilled he was wearing their shirt when they handcuffed him.

Are you kidding--there will be a run on those shirts the minute this image is spread! Hottest thing since Air Jordans!

If nothing else, Tiger knows to stay on brand at all times. When the policeman sat his hat on the hood of the cruiser with the swoosh showing I was having flashbacks to 16 at Augusta where the rolled over enough to show the swoosh, paused, and then dropped.

No way the dash cam vid or police report get out. His lawyers will negotiate for a guilty plea in return for no release of tapes, reports etc. That's why he issued his statement with the no alcohol mention.

Dash/PBC footage is subject to release under FOIA. Usually the only time it gets held up is an OIS, where there is racial or other factors that need to be investigated before it's released. That being said, it's up to the department on how long it takes to "process" a FOIA before they get sued.

If there is video, it will be out. I'm almost sure the local news station there has already filed a FOIA.

I hear you Hack but the court and local jurisdiction has full discretion over what ultimately gets released. Let's take what we've been seeing in the Congressional Oversight hearings. Our own senators can't even get non-redacted information.....even under subpoena. No way the full version of the tape gets out. They can easily get around FOIA.

You're talking about two different types of information. TW video (if there is one), has to comply with a FOIA. Believe me when I tell you, the department would get sued if they did not release it. The matter wouldn't even make it past a superior court; the judge would release it. Like I said, all that would take time, but at the end of the day, it will get released. A FOIA in the hands of a very competent and/or determined news station is unbeatable.

Sooooo...

I know, figured I would hear from you lol....as I suspected though, they still redacted the drug name in both the report and video which is the real issue in this case as that was causing the impairment. I have to tell you that friggen video was difficult to watch. I truly feel sorry for him and am glad he didn't hurt anyone.

As much as the deviant side of me who never liked him from the beginning is dancing in the blood of his meltdown, it's well beyond the starting point where I'm kinda feeling sorry for him and his train wreck physical breakdowns and personal life cluster****.

But, then again, he's not taking very good care of that Merc so screw you Tiger Woods!

jk

Guy needs someone in his life who will tell him he's wrong. Too many yes men and too many sack hangers making a dollar off his fame. When your confidant is your agent, Jeez...

Takomo IGNIS D1 9° HZRDUS Smoke Blue 60g / Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Apex '19 3H HZRDUS Handcrafted HYB 85g
PXG 0311P Gen 6 Black Label Elite 4-G KBS Tour Lite S / Miura Baby Blades 3-P Steelfiber 110cw / PING ISI Nickel 1-L G Loomis reg flex
Callaway Jaws Raw 54.10S / 58.8Z
PING Anser 2 Jim Wells 36" / Bettinardi BB-1 (2022) 35" / PING Anser 2 1981 35" / Scotty Cameron CT Squareback Proto 35" 375g

Outlaw Golf Association #21

I got a hell of an idea. Along with the government controlling drug companies profits for this crap.

How about they also prevent them from advertising on TV? Best idea ever?

Driver: Callaway Epic 10.5 Project X LZ 5.5
FWY: Callaway BB 3WD / BB H4 19*
Irons: Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 4-GW
Wedges: Mizuno T7 52*, 58*
Putter: Odyssey MXM Versa 1

I know, figured I would hear from you lol....as I suspected though, they still redacted the drug name in both the report and video which is the real issue in this case as that was causing the impairment. I have to tell you that friggen video was difficult to watch. I truly feel sorry for him and am glad he didn't hurt anyone.

Just bustin' your balls, brotha! Have a good evening.

Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9°, Rogue Elite 859 65R

Adams Idea Pro 20° VS Proto
Nike VR Pro Combo 3-PW XP115
Nike VR 54/58/62 XP115
Nike MC04w 
TP5X

Just bustin' your balls, brotha! Have a good evening.

Haha I know. Later.

Jumping in on this after reading the last few pages:

1. Dashboard cam video was hard to watch.

2. It was not cruel by the police. They have to be thorough especially in a known celebrity case like this with expensive lawyers. They were thorough fair and did their job.

3. As to whether he should have been taken to a hospital. I've never thought of that and what discretion are cops now to send DUI cases to hospitals?

4. My guess is vicodin and ambien

5. I've never taken an ambien but I know a respectable person who does to sleep. His mind won't shut down at night and it's the only way he sleeps.

6. Yes the whole pharmaceutical industry and govt is a joke. Why doctors can hand dangerous opiates out like crazy while marijuana is still a crime is just crazy.

7. I've broken an ankle and been prescribed pain meds and took them. And wish I'd had more but didn't refill. I could EASILY see this becoming addictive especially to those of us with a tendency towards addictive personalities and who like a "buzz".

8. I hope Tiger gets better and produces a great comeback story of some kind. Whether that's winning the Masters, a PGA tournament or just getting back out there regularly and enjoying life.

Callaway Epic Speed 9° Driver
Callaway Epic Speed 4W - Smoke IM10

Callaway Apex UW (21°)

Mizuno Pro 225 (4i); 223 (5-9i); 221 (PW)
Jaws MD 5 50°, Full Toe 54°, 58° PM Grind
Toulon Odyssey Chicago

Maybe it's been said, I didn't have the time to look through everybody's posts but when you're on the meds he's on, you're not you. He was not Tiger Woods in that video. Yes it was him physically but mentally it can turn you into a zombie. Prescription drugs are a monster even when used in accordance with a doctor. I really think we all need to remember that when casting judgement. It's a sad situation and I really don't know how he got in the car, what he was planning on doing, but all we can do as a society of golfers is hope it was a one time thing and be glad that one of the greatest most influential golfers in the history of our sport wasn't pronounced dead on Monday morning. That very well could've happened if it weren't for the amazing police officers of the Jupiter police department

I don't think he did this to get high

But he does stuff to the extreme so you never know.

If 1 is good, 7 has to better right?

So, are you willing to admit that you were dead f****** wrong in saying that he took no responsibility?

Walk the walk.

I can spin anything. I've lived 25 years backing up my words with actions.

I'll bet you a dozen titleist he doesn't remember any of it.

What's he going to do? Deny it?

Saying you take full responsibility but end up doing it again is the insanity of addiction. He's done this before. This isn't a one off

But he will tell you it is

He will tel you he's fine.

He will board a plane to Dubai Saying he is fine

You're taking him at his word when his word has never been backed up by actions

I'll wait and see. His prepared statement was a start

Now watcha gonna do?

25 years sober and I STILL go to meetings 3x a week for my crap.

I was a narcissistic word not allowed every single day prior. Still can be. I'd love to show him that change is possible

Let's see him do more than talk, ok?

My translation isn't coming across. He does this a lot. But not to get high. He's hooked. His body craves it. He's defenseless.

There's a difference.

When I quit drinking and getting High, it stopped working. I wasn't drunk or high. I indulged to keep from feeling like crap

That's where he's at

He can't play golf because from this addicts couch he probably can't go 5 hours without a pill.

Just a hunch

And he's hurt becaose he can't feel what he's doing to his body

He can't hit a golf ball becaose he's in a numb state.

I just don't get the attraction to the opiates. I've tried mild over the counter sleeping pills before, and I couldn't wake up for at least 12 hours, then I was all groggy the entire next day. Never touch that stuff. If I'm in pain, migrane headaches, etc. I take 500mg tylenol.

This ambien crap making people into zombies? Why do you want to feel llke mush?

At least with Cocain (I've tried it before) you're alive and talking and coherent and doesn't affect driving skills. Unless you've been doing it for 3 days straight.

This prescription meds are the same as heroin, just makes people like zombies. This stuff needs to be illegal.

I just don't get the attraction to the opiates. I've tried mild over the counter sleeping pills before, and I couldn't wake up for at least 12 hours, then I was all groggy the entire next day. Never touch that stuff. If I'm in pain, migrane headaches, etc. I take 500mg tylenol.

At least with Cocain (I've tried it before) you're alive and talking and coherent and doesn't affect driving skills. Unless you've been doing it for 3 days straight.

This prescription meds are the same as heroin, just makes people like zombies. This stuff needs to be illegal.

I think it's fairly well known Tiger has trouble sleeping. I don't think he would take ambien to help him feel like mush. He probably just always takes it to help sleep and this time he woke up in jail cell.

SO, let me get this right....A police officer with no medical training (following procedure), takes 7.5 minutes of w@nk testing to see that there is something wrong.

lol...comedy gold.

Ping G410+ Tensei Orange Pro.

Mizuno GT180 shaft as above.

Adams 3H  Aldila Blue.

Wilson FG100 4i-PW.

Wilson PMP 52/56/60

Putters....too many.

I think it's fairly well known Tiger has trouble sleeping. I don't think he would take ambien to help him feel like mush. He probably just always takes it to help sleep and this time he woke up in jail cell.

Well Donald Trump has trouble sleeping and he's never had a drink or any drug in his life, and he is apparently our president. Maybe Tiger can hang out with Trump in the whitehouse at 3am, and send tweets out. LOL

Well Donald Trump has trouble sleeping and he's never had a drink or any drug in his life, and he is apparently our president. Maybe Tiger can hang out with Trump in the whitehouse at 3am, and send tweets out. LOL

Not getting into the political stuff but I'd agree that Tiger should probably seek some other form of sleep therapy if medication is truly what caused this incident.

SO, let me get this right....A police officer with no medical training (following procedure), takes 7.5 minutes of w@nk testing to see that there is something wrong.

lol...comedy gold.

@ least they didnt shoot him, that shows some progress

TM Stealth Plus 10.5 Ventus Velocore Blue 5

Ping G425 Max 5 FW Ventus Velocore Red 7

Srixon MKii DI 3 Axiom 105

Mizuno JPX 921 SEL 4-PW KBS Tour 

Yururi Tataki 52.5, 56.5 and 60.5 DG S200
Ping Anser 2
MCC +4 Grips
Kirkland Performance+ Ball

lol...comedy gold.

@ least they didnt shoot him, that shows some progress

Black lives matter.

He was clearly snowed from the mix of medication which doesn't look intentional. I work in the medical world and ask any Doctor about pain and sleep meds. Patients can literally sleep drive, sleep cook, sleep walk ,ect and have no idea that they are doing it. This look like what's going on and to be honest when they did the breathalyzer and saw 0.000 they should have taken him to seek medical attention not jail. At that point it was clear he was on some drug/s and he could have went into cardiac arrest or a number of other issues. I honestly would be surprised if this thing took a twist on the Jupiter PD especially with them releasing this video (and they didn't have to). Ask any doctor what police should have done in that situation and everyone of them would say seek medical attention before central booking.

That's a pretty good point. The guy is totally non functioning, they know he's not drunk and they know he's on meds. It easily could have been an overdose in progress and you've got to explain how Tiger Woods died in your custody without having seen a doctor.

Most jails have medical staff. Do you guys really think jail staff doesn't know how to handle individuals who are high? I promise you it's an everyday thing in local jails all over the country.

In the video Tiger gives out his girlfriend's Erika number. So I just called her and asked her for a booty call, since Tiger is busy right now.

She said no because I'm about a billion dollars too short on cash.