Tiger Arrested For DUI (NO POLITICS, RELIGION, PERSONAL ATTACKS, ...)

donuts

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Insomnia is one of the worst things a human can experience. It's why it's such an excellent form of torture.

I'm not endorsing intensive sleep medications, in fact they scare me, but I'm lucky to be able to sleep. Even just a few days with zero sleep can turn regular people psychotic.

I know people close to me who are on powerful sleeping pills. Hide car keys and turn on the house alarm when these medications are consumed.

If anyone has ever had injury related insomnia, you could have some empathy for what he is going through. Deep down I think everyone knows the best way for the body to regenerate and heal from injury or disease is 8 hours of interrupted sleep. Yet our medical community seems to place the regenerative powers of proper sleep way down their priority list (probably because it's free).

It's also been well established that the type of sleep you get under chemical influence (opiates or alcohol or whatever) is not nearly as effective for healing as natural sleeping patterns. If an injury forces you out of these natural patterns, it takes a lot of work to get back to those sleeping patterns. And as we all know, a pill for profit may not always help you get there.

I'm no prescription pill expert, but for as blotto as he looked, sure didn't seem like something that could happen over the course of few min after taking prescribed pills. That level of disorientation would have to set in on you for a while.

Yep, and watching that entire video, it looked like he was finally starting to come out of it near the end when he arrived at the police station. I think I heard him asking the officer some questions, or possibly smalltak?

Driver: Callaway Epic 10.5 Project X LZ 5.5
FWY: Callaway BB 3WD / BB H4 19*
Irons: Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 4-GW
Wedges: Mizuno T7 52*, 58*
Putter: Odyssey MXM Versa 1

The question I have is, why would he take Ambien and pain meds if he was planning to drive? Seems maybe he was planning on spending the night somewhere and he got kicked out. If not then he's just hooked on this stuff.

Driver - Callaway Paradym
Woods - Callaway Paradym 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Callaway Paradym 6-52*
Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

Man, Tiger was a wreck in that video. He had no chance at passing the field sobriety test. He couldn't even handle a shoe string.

As I watched the video, I wondered what the outcome would've been if Tiger had re-injured his back.

Maybe he did - the Jupiter cops were probably not thinking of Tiger's recent fusion surgery and Tiger was in no shape to remind them.

Ping G425 LST 9° - Tour 65 X

Titleist TSi2 - 15° - Tensei AV Raw Blue 75 X

Callaway Apex Pro - 18° - Aldila NV Green 85 X

Titleist T100/T100S - 4-PW - Project X 6.0
Vokey SM8 50/54/58 - Black 
Taylor Made Spider Mini

Man, Tiger was a wreck in that video. He had no chance at passing the field sobriety test. He couldn't even handle a shoe string.

As I watched the video, I wondered what the outcome would've been if Tiger had re-injured his back.

Do you mean injured his back when he wrecked his car? The FST under the care of the police was the safest he had been at any point that night.

OK here's my issue: Why release that garbage dashcam video? What's the purpose other than to tear Woods down even further? This has to be a record time for this kind of video being released. Had this been another unarmed man being shot it would take an act of Congress and weeks if not months to get this video released. I'm sure his thinking was he was close to home and could've made it. I wonder how much outrage there may be if the police were accused of brutality.

Then why did he tell that cop he was in CA- heading to Orange Co, ya know, Orange County CA.

You're shooting the messenger here. He's the most famous professional golfer on the planet and every news outlet in the country seems to find the incident newsworthy and filed to get the video. Imagine the outrage you'd feel if his statement was in the least bit defiant and/or contradictory to the police report and they dragged their feet in releasing the video. This place would have gone apoplectic.

Nickent 4DX Evolver 10.5*  UST Proforce V2 HL 60R

Ping G5 13.5*                  Aerotech Power Coil 50S                        

Innovex RLS 17* 4W    Fujikura Tour Platform 26.3 Tipped R

Orlimar Black Ti 22* 4H   Litespeed R

Adams A7 5-GW   UST Proforce 85R

Golfsmith/Spalding Cash-In 55/12 SW    Cleveland Action Lite S     

Cleveland TA 900 gunmetal 60*  Nicklaus Driveshaft R+

Maltby Top Site TS-6  putter 41"

The question I have is, why would he take Ambien and pain meds if he was planning to drive? Seems maybe he was planning on spending the night somewhere and he got kicked out. If not then he's just hooked on this stuff.

I may have missed it but where did it say he took it then planned to drive. Your intentions before taking Ambien and what happens afterwards are in no way related.

Do you mean injured his back when he wrecked his car? The FST under the care of the police was the safest he had been at any point that night.

If he had re-injured it at any point. Heck, you've taken a pretty good jolt if you bend your wheels in an accident.

Or, if he had injured himself during the field sobriety test. If he had, I wouldn't be placing any blame on the Jupiter PD.

Insomnia is one of the worst things a human can experience. It's why it's such an excellent form of torture.

I'm not endorsing intensive sleep medications, in fact they scare me, but I'm lucky to be able to sleep. Even just a few days with zero sleep can turn regular people psychotic.

I know people close to me who are on powerful sleeping pills. Hide car keys and turn on the house alarm when these medications are consumed.

If anyone has ever had injury related insomnia, you could have some empathy for what he is going through. Deep down I think everyone knows the best way for the body to regenerate and heal from injury or disease is 8 hours of interrupted sleep. Yet our medical community seems to place the regenerative powers of proper sleep way down their priority list (probably because it's free).

It's also been well established that the type of sleep you get under chemical influence (opiates or alcohol or whatever) is not nearly as effective for healing as natural sleeping patterns. If an injury forces you out of these natural patterns, it takes a lot of work to get back to those sleeping patterns. And as we all know, a pill for profit may not always help you get there.

How have you come to conclude that "our medical community seems to place the regenerative powers of proper sleep way down their priority list"? Did you make that up, or have multiple medical professionals told you as much?

By the way did I somehow miss that he and Amanda Dufner have been an item for a while?

That rumor was put to rest a LONG time ago.

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

If he had re-injured it at any point. Heck, you've taken a pretty good jolt if you bend your wheels in an accident.

Or, if he had injured himself during the field sobriety test. If he had, I wouldn't be placing any blame on the Jupiter PD.

Yes the Jupiter PD was super nice to the guy, I mean you see the second officer actually try to catch Tiger from falling over.

Driver: Callaway Epic 10.5 Project X LZ 5.5
FWY: Callaway BB 3WD / BB H4 19*
Irons: Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 4-GW
Wedges: Mizuno T7 52*, 58*
Putter: Odyssey MXM Versa 1

Personally, I don't think it was necessary to reveal the police videos, nothing to gain from it, just makes things worse.

BUT while watching them I've noticed that Tiger's traps and shoulders clearly show that he's been working out lately, so his back must be better than in the past.

I is a bit sad in the US that the public has right to 911 calls and police video - but that is the way it is.

Really sad to see him like that. I feel bad for Tiger. I think a person should be allowed to have their dash cam video kept private. What is gained by that being released? Besides more clicks/sales for media outposts.

Haven't you noticed the Tiger defenders are no longer saying things like, "He blew .000, so there is nothing to see here." The dashcam footage has showed us just how impaired he was and how he should, not only not have been on the road, but could have killed himself or somebody else. It was important for the footage to come out. I think lots of people who responded in this thread over the past two days got an eye opener from that footage. At least I hope they did. Driving impaired, no matter the cause of the impairment, is incredibly dangerous to the driver and anybody else on the roadway.

You can't seriously think that he got into that car in that shape and drove ? He couldn't walk. It's obvious he got into the car and was able to drive and then had this reaction or near over dose or whatever it is we are seeing. Sure he's still ultimately responsible for his actions , but this isn't quite the same as a drunk leaving a bar drunk.

Sad too say lots of people try drive in that condition.

How have you come to conclude that "our medical community seems to place the regenerative powers of proper sleep way down their priority list"? Did you make that up, or have multiple medical professionals told you as much?

How often do they wake patients out of a sound sleep in hospitals? Sometimes for vitals, but most of the time for nutritionists and physical therapists to disrupt injured people trying to sleep. These people work on quotas too by the way.

This one of 1000 examples...

I may have missed it but where did it say he took it then planned to drive. Your intentions before taking Ambien and what happens afterwards are in no way related.

I know people that took Ambien, they were drowsy, not zombies. Even the drugs site doesn't refer to anything that would result in what we see in the video unless he overdosed on the stuff.

Common Ambien side effects may include:

• daytime drowsiness, dizziness, weakness, feeling "drugged" or light-headed;

• tired feeling, loss of coordination;

• stuffy nose, dry mouth, nose or throat irritation;

• nausea, constipation, diarrhea, upset stomach; or

• headache, muscle pain.

Driver - Callaway Paradym
Woods - Callaway Paradym 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Callaway Paradym 6-52*
Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

Personally, I don't think it was necessary to reveal the police videos, nothing to gain from it, just makes things worse.

BUT while watching them I've noticed that Tiger's traps and shoulders clearly show that he's been working out lately, so his back must be better than in the past.

I is a bit sad in the US that the public has right to 911 calls and police video - but that is the way it is.

FOIA is one of the best things about the country. Citizens can find out information on the government, keeping the government "honest"....kind of.

I know people that took Ambien, they were drowsy, not zombies. Even the drugs site doesn't refer to anything that would result in what we see in the video unless he overdosed on the stuff.

Common Ambien side effects may include:
  • daytime drowsiness, dizziness, weakness, feeling "drugged" or light-headed;
  • tired feeling, loss of coordination;
  • stuffy nose, dry mouth, nose or throat irritation;
  • nausea, constipation, diarrhea, upset stomach; or
  • headache, muscle pain.

I am sure you realize the conflict of interest when quoting the drug companies list of side effects.

Everyone is different. There are numerous cases in the public domain of people taking it and driving and not even knowing they left home. My wife was telling me about her ex when he took it. He put hand lotion on a baked potato believing it was butter and even though people tried to stop him he ate it. Later in the evening he proceeded to get out of bed and go down the street and entered a neighbors home. When they went to get him he thought he was at the store getting groceries and had zero idea of how he got to the place.

http://www.huffingto..._n_4589743.html

In addition to giving consumers extra information so they could take the medication more carefully, the warning labels also gave legitimacy to the Ambien (or Zombie) defense. In March of 2011, Lindsey Schweigert took one Ambien before getting into bed at 6pm. Hours later, she woke up in custody with no idea how she’d gotten there. In the following weeks, Schweigert pieced together the events of that night. She’d gotten out of bed, drawn a bath, and left the house with her dog. She started driving to a local restaurant but crashed into another car soon after leaving her house. Police described her as swaying and glassy-eyed. She failed a sobriety test and was charged with DWI and running a stoplight.

In April of 2009, Bronson took a couple of Ambien to help her sleep. She had been drinking wine earlier in the day, and went to bed early. She awoke the following morning in jail, still in her pajamas, barefoot and terrified. When she was told that she had run over three people, including an 18-month-old girl who suffered severe brain damage as a result of the wreck, she was horrified

In the breaking New York Times article, "Some Sleeping Pill Users Range Far Beyond Bed," reporter Stephanie Saul tells the story of a registered nurse who took Ambien before going to sleep one night in January 2003. Sometime after falling asleep, she went out into the Denver winter night wearing only a thin nightshirt, even though the temperature was only 20 degrees. She got into her car, caused an accident, urinated in the middle of the intersection and then got into a violent altercation with the police officers who came to arrest her. In the matter of one night and one sleeping pill, her traffic record went from exemplary to tarnished with a reduced charge of careless driving. Interestingly enough, she says she remembers nothing of what happened during that Ambien-influenced night.

"I had a major problem. At 10:30pm I took one Ambien 10 mg and went to bed. Apparently, I slept at least one hour before getting up and driving off in my car. I was arrested at 01:59 and placed in jail for DUI at about 07:50 am. I awoke to find I was in jail. I have no memory of getting out of bed and dressing and driving off in my car. Fortunately, all charges were dropped. I will never use the RX, ever again."

"My boyfriend is in jail now with a DUI for "sleep driving" while on Ambien. The first night on the drug that he spent in the house alone, he took the pill, went to bed, awoke, got in his truck, drove two miles down the road and into a parking lot. He bumped into a parked car, was accused of being "drunk," cuffed, beat up and put in jail. To this day, he has no memory of anything before being taised (sic) by the cops. Be careful with Ambien. If you don't stay asleep after taking it, you will do some strange and maybe dangerous things."

http://www.drugdange...ide-effects.htm

I stick by what I said. If you ever want to see something funny you should see me on a full dose of nyquil or flexeril. Not Tiger messed up but certainly not safe to be driving.

To Tiger,

The real golfing community has been missing you. Kicking someone who's this low just isn't golfing etiquette. This community owes you so much for what you've already given us. It's our turn to lift you up from where you've landed. Reach out brother this world still has empathy.

The cheap shots have got to stop, this human is clearly hurting folks.

Best wishes Tiger

Taylormade [i] M5 [/i] 9.0 + 1' Fujikura Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 7-S
Taylormade [i] M5 [/i] 14.0 Fujikura Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 7-S
Callaway Epic 2 Hybrid - ATMOS Red 6X
Mizuno MP-H4 4i - ATMOS BLACK 9H -X
Mizuno MP-H5 5-PW [i]KBS C-TAPER [/i]Light 110 x
Mizuno T7 - 50,54,59 [i]Modus3[/i] Tour 105's wedge
Evnroll [color=#ff0000][b]ER-7[/b][/color] 34'

Or he didn't plan to drive and the ambien made him think he was suppose to drive home from the course. Or airport as he said.

Cobra LTD X 9* Hzrdus RDX blue 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Yes the Jupiter PD was super nice to the guy, I mean you see the second officer actually try to catch Tiger from falling over.

that;s common courtesy. I think they took the testing too far, obviously he was impaired and something was wrong, too often cops are just trying to prove someone guilty, which is what I saw here. They spent about 1-2 min's with simple questions and then did 30 mins of roadside testing to prove him guilty, should be other way around to find out what was going on with him and if he needed medical attention

How often do they wake patients out of a sound sleep in hospitals? Sometimes for vitals, but most of the time for nutritionists and physical therapists to disrupt injured people trying to sleep. These people work on quotas too by the way.

This one of 1000 examples...

Having studied the brain a bit in my day, sleep medications also affect regular stages of sleep. Look at the brain waves of a regular sleep vs someone on sleeping pills and you will see the cycle is way different, and not for the better (although it's better than no sleep at all).

Former professional golfer. Current amateur human being.

Driver: PXG 0811X Gen 4 7.5 HZRDUS Smoke iM10 Green 60 TX 45.9" D3

Driver 2: Taylormade Burner Mini 11.5 HZRDUS Smoke Green 70 X D5

Fairway: Taylormade Stealth Plus 3 Wood HZRDUS Smoke Green 70X D6

Hybrid: Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus 19.5 Tensei AV White 85 X D6

Irons: Sub70 659 MB 5-GW DG 105 X (Takomo 201's w/ occasional cameos)

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM9 56 S Grind;  Cleveland RTX Full Face 64 DG 120 X E0

Putter: PXG Battle Ready Raptor 38” Wristlock Grip

To Tiger,

The real golfing community has been missing you. Kicking someone who's this low just isn't golfing etiquette. This community owes you so much for what you've already given us. It's our turn to lift you up from where you've landed. Reach out brother this world still has empathy.

The cheap shots have got to stop, this human is clearly hurting folks.

Best wishes Tiger

OK admittedly I haven't read nearly every post, but "cheap shots" have been far and few between. Most have empathy and sadness after seeing the video. The guy needs help including tough love from friends and family, not the business associates/yes men that have been riding the Tiger gravy train.

This isn't Tiger's first time he has taken these meds. He took Ambien back in the days of "the scandal" and with all the pain he has gone through, I'm sure this wasn't his first Vicodin that he has ever taken. I find it difficult to believe he "accidentally" took these together. Makes one wonder how often this could have happened.

Anyhow, I agree, that was pretty sad to watch.

Lotta truth in this one here ^^^^^. I mean he made a choice to drive absolutely wasted at 2AM in 2009 and didn't make it quite as far from home. I don't know why the idea keeps popping up in this thread that he's some sort of innocent victim of a surprise reaction to some pills, or that it's his doctor's fault (WTF?!?) for not explaining the side effects clearly enough, or that this was a random one-off accidental surprising thing, or that he didn't start his night fully intending to get as wasted as you see him in that video.

Speculative yes, but personally I have no doubt he's been self-medicating for years, making up his own doses and mixing and matching scrips as he sees fit. I have no doubt that he's had a fairly significant drug problem for years, just as I have no doubt that there's no one in his inner circle with the sack to say so. This is sad, and dangerous. Maybe some good can come from it, and now maybe he'll get the help he obviously needs. Maybe it'll even lead to a larger discussion about the corporately-funded opiate epidemic in this country and how totally backwards the "war on drugs" is being conducted, or how ridiculous it is to have reefer classified as a schedule I narcotic and so on and so on......I mean, I doubt it, but you never know, it could happen. But the posters in this thread who think this is Tiger's first rodeo are being very naive.

I have no doubt Tiger's got himself a pretty serious drug collection, and, as Hunter S Thompson said: "once you get locked into a serious drug collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.”

I'm no prescription pill expert, but for as blotto as he looked, sure didn't seem like something that could happen over the course of few min after taking prescribed pills. That level of disorientation would have to set in on you for a while.

Yep, and watching that entire video, it looked like he was finally starting to come out of it near the end when he arrived at the police station. I think I heard him asking the officer some questions, or possibly smalltak?

I can't find any video after they put him in the car. Any links to this portion of the video?

G400 10.5* / TOUR AD GP-6s
915F 15* / S+ 70s
M4 3H / HZRDUS 85s
Z565 TI 4-P / NS PRO 1050GHs
588-RTX 50*/54*/58*
POTENZA TOUR FLOW

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24