2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Ping G400 Driver, Fairway Woods and Crossovers (Including Bubba's Custom Driver and 3 Wood): Shot at

GolfWRX

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those saying the shafts are "Real Deal" why is it that the KK specs do not match the MRC site? Why is the HZRDUS listed at 71g regardless of flex and the listed info isn't very close to the handcrafted Yellow? Seems like a made for or watered down version. Hope that isn't true but the specs don't make sense

Typically Ping measures cut shaft weights, most shaft manufacturers list uncut weights. HZRDUS Yellow appears to be the same weight for all flexes per TT's website. I think we're looking at a fine line between made for, real deal retail and real deal tour issue. I think Aldila's Rogue might be a good example. The 110 Silver and 95 Black are real deal retail but they are not the 125MSI tour shaft. I believe that will be the case with the three upcharge shafts from Ping, real but not tour.

Exactly my thoughts.

The Rogue 110 is still a helluva shaft, but it doesn't go for the prices the 125 still goes for.

I've put in the order for my G400 LS 10*, 45", D4, with the X-Torsion 60s. No word yet if its backordered.

I would love a Silver 125... I love my 110 X 2.8. I would also like a Black 110 or whatever the tour version is, as I do hit the 110 a bit lower than I would like, so I lofted up my driver.

Ping G410 LST Fujikura Atmos Black 6X 
Ping TiSi Tec 3 Wood Ping Tour Stiff
Ping i25 19* hybrid Aldila Tour Blue S
Ping 410 Crossover 4 iron
Ping Blueprint Modus 120 S Powerspec 
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 48/52/56/60
Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

All LST's are exact loft as stated on G400, per Ping rep... there will be no digital lofting options this year.

You can also order LST with hot melt in toe, heel or neutral for draw, fade or sound changes.

Finally, I spent some time on Trackman with G400 LST tonight... the thing is unreal. Played G30 LST, got beat by G LST. G LST got beat by Epic Sub Zero. Tonight G400 LST made a mockery of all of them! Legit 10 yards longer in the air plus 5 on the ground! My AoA is 5 up, swing speed right at 100, carrying 250 and more at times... according to Trackman 100% maxed out for my speed. Ball speed was in the high 140's... I've never been there.... standard for me is low 140's. Ping Tour shaft upgrade is great, but AD-BB beat it out for me. Not only is it longer, but considerably straighter and more consistent than Epic... Much easier to turn over. Excited to have it in the bag!

PS - Blown away by the sound and feel improvements... night and day compared to older G's

Being able to request melt is unreal! Now I'm back on board!!

As for the ball speed increases... When I hit them stock, the Epic was tops, then the M1/M2 second, the 917s, and G/G30 the far behind. Then I was able to compare them side by side (except the Pings) with the same loft, length, and swingweight. Surprise! They all produced nearly identical ball speeds. The real differences were in launch angle, spin, and dispersion.

Hi, I know from a Ping tour rep that all of the G heads came with 6 grams of Gee Lue (hotmelt) in the heads as standard. You could request where to position it. It also helped with the sound. I know of a ladies tour player who requested a G driver at 46" with a D0 swingweight. Ping put no hotmelt in the head. Sounded like an aluminum baseball bat.

Cheers

The person I spoke with at Ping said the WRX department stated the open/closed nature of the club could not be specified because EVERY LST head would be with .5* of neutral. Thus no requesting 2* open on the LST

Driver: Ping G410 LST (Diamana ZF)
5w:  Titleist TS2 (Ventus Blue)
3H: Titleist 818 H2 (Ventus Blue HB)
or 3i: Cobra King Utility 21* (Tour AD DI)
4-P: PXG 0311T (KBS $-Taper)
Wedges: 51* Edel TRP, 55* Edel DVR, 60* Cally MD5
Putter: PXG Mini Gunboat H

For those saying the shafts are "Real Deal" why is it that the KK specs do not match the MRC site? Why is the HZRDUS listed at 71g regardless of flex and the listed info isn't very close to the handcrafted Yellow? Seems like a made for or watered down version. Hope that isn't true but the specs don't make sense

Typically Ping measures cut shaft weights, most shaft manufacturers list uncut weights. HZRDUS Yellow appears to be the same weight for all flexes per TT's website. I think we're looking at a fine line between made for, real deal retail and real deal tour issue. I think Aldila's Rogue might be a good example. The 110 Silver and 95 Black are real deal retail but they are not the 125MSI tour shaft. I believe that will be the case with the three upcharge shafts from Ping, real but not tour.

Exactly my thoughts.

The Rogue 110 is still a helluva shaft, but it doesn't go for the prices the 125 still goes for.

I've put in the order for my G400 LS 10*, 45", D4, with the X-Torsion 60s. No word yet if its backordered.

I would love a Silver 125... I love my 110 X 2.8. I would also like a Black 110 or whatever the tour version is, as I do hit the 110 a bit lower than I would like, so I lofted up my driver.

Yep, I've ordered my G400 LS at 10* vs the 9* my G30 LS is at since I actually have the G30 in the small +, so hopefully I'll actually gain a little ups on the ball with the driver. Love hitting it low for control, but really feel like I could add 10-15 if I increased my launch a bit.

If the X-Torsion doesn't work out, I'm keeping my trusty Rogue close by. My course should have the demos in (I hope) so thats the first thing I"ll do this weekend, pull out the Alta and put my Rogue directly into the demo.

Aerojet LS 9* - Aerojet LS 14.5* - Baffler 17.5* - Sub 70 Pro 23* - i525 6-U - SM9 54* / 58* / 62*  - F22

Order placed. Was told they are being quoted late August at this time

Order placed. Was told they are being quoted late August at this time

I've heard similar things from 2 other resellers. Their initial stocking orders are being claimed before its being retailed. Got one on hold for initial release date but I'm just looking for the head as I'll take any of the stock shafts.

Demand appears to be ahead of supply according to sellers in these parts.

Well as luck would have it...I went to the local PGA SS and they had the irons...which I tried with a NPS Modus 105. They didn't seem all that different feel wise then the G, but it was maybe a half club longer...at least in the simulator. Does have a different appearance behind the ball with the shaping of the top line and you would swear they are smaller...even though they aren't. Brother they do hit the ball high...wow...I mean it was a simulator but it looked like I was hitting a 9 iron instead of a 7. Didn't get enough time to put together any numbers to speak of as I wanted to hit what I ran into described below.

What was interesting is they had no G400 demo drivers...at least not out where you could hit them. But sitting there in a tub were the fairways, hybrids, and crossover demos. Now whether or not they intended to let those be hit is questionable...but they got hit LOL. I didn't hit the crossover, but did hit the regular 3 and 5 with the Alta shaft in stiff flex. They are sweet to hit, and after I can get my hands on them and put the AD DI shafts I have in the current fairways in them I bet they're even nicer.

[color=#ff0000][i][size=2]Ping G 400 LST 10* Project X HZRDUS Yellow[/size]
[size=2]Ping G400 3&5 Fairway Woods Graphite Design AD DI[/size]
[size=2]Ping G400 19* Hybrid Stock Shaft[/size]
[size=2]Ping G 400 4-PW NS Pro Modus3 Tour 105's[/size][/i][/color]
[color=#ff0000][i][size=2]Titleist SM6 52/12 and 58/12[/size]
[size=2]Scotty Cameron Newport 2[/size][/i][/color]
[color=#ff0000][i][size=2]Bridgestone B330RX or B330S[/size][/i][/color]

All LST's are exact loft as stated on G400, per Ping rep... there will be no digital lofting options this year.

You can also order LST with hot melt in toe, heel or neutral for draw, fade or sound changes.

Finally, I spent some time on Trackman with G400 LST tonight... the thing is unreal. Played G30 LST, got beat by G LST. G LST got beat by Epic Sub Zero. Tonight G400 LST made a mockery of all of them! Legit 10 yards longer in the air plus 5 on the ground! My AoA is 5 up, swing speed right at 100, carrying 250 and more at times... according to Trackman 100% maxed out for my speed. Ball speed was in the high 140's... I've never been there.... standard for me is low 140's. Ping Tour shaft upgrade is great, but AD-BB beat it out for me. Not only is it longer, but considerably straighter and more consistent than Epic... Much easier to turn over. Excited to have it in the bag!

PS - Blown away by the sound and feel improvements... night and day compared to older G's

As for the ball speed increases... When I hit them stock, the Epic was tops, then the M1/M2 second, the 917s, and G/G30 the far behind. Then I was able to compare them side by side (except the Pings) with the same loft, length, and swingweight. Surprise! They all produced nearly identical ball speeds. The real differences were in launch angle, spin, and dispersion.

Hi, I know from a Ping tour rep that all of the G heads came with 6 grams of Gee Lue (hotmelt) in the heads as standard. You could request where to position it. It also helped with the sound. I know of a ladies tour player who requested a G driver at 46" with a D0 swingweight. Ping put no hotmelt in the head. Sounded like an aluminum baseball bat.

Cheers

That's interesting... where did they put the melt on the standard off-the-rack drivers? Did this apply to the LST models as well?

917 D2 8.50* - Tensei CK Pro White 60
917 F2 13.5* - Rogue Max 70
816 H2 19.0* - D+ Plus 90
716 T-MB (3i, 4i) - Modus 120
716 CB (5-PW) - Modus 120
Hogan TK15 - 49, 55
Edel Deschutes

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1457364-pitchinwedges-witb/page__p__15152218#entry15152218"][color=#0000ff][b]Photo WITB[/b][/color][/url]

Cheers

That's interesting... where did they put the melt on the standard off-the-rack drivers? Did this apply to the LST models as well?

My understanding is the melt is neutral, unless you request a specific bias.

PING G430 Max 10K Driver 8º ~ GD Tour AD-IZ 5

PING G430 Max 3 Wood 14º ~ GD Tour AD-IZ 6

Titleist TSr2 5 Wood 18º ~ GD Tour AD-IZ 7

Titleist TSr2 7 Wood 21º ~ GD Tour AD-XC 8

Srixon ZX4 Mk II Irons 5–7 ~ Project X IO 6.0

Srixon ZX5 Mk II Irons 8–P ~ Project X IO 6.0

Vokey Design SM9 Raw Wedges 'Voke' Handground 50.12F • 56.08M • 62.08M ~ Project X 6.0
Odyssey  Tri-Hot 5K Three ~ BGT Stability Tour 2 Polar
Titleist Pro V1x ~ #12

Bummer to hear these are already on a 1 month back-order weeks before they are supposed to be released. Wondering if it's worth picking up at full retail for realistically a month (2-3 rounds) or so of play in the Northeast. Will retail stores have them stock but the shafts might come later?

Does the G400 use the same Ping adapter as the G30 or G?

Got to hit the driver tonight on the range. It felt great and was pretty consistent. Hit the standard 10.5 with alta stiff. I didn't have my driver to compare and no numbers. Had a slight fade with most shots.

I want one though. I will go back and try the other 2 heads. They had the your shaft, hzrdus yellow, and kuro kage. I want to hit the 3 wood and hybrid also.

Ping G410 lst diamana bf
Ping g410lst 3 wood accra tz6
Epic flash 5 wood tensei blue
ping g410 tensei hybrid
Epon 705 5-gw Oban ct115
Callaway MD5 54/58
taylormade my spider 
ping hoofer
tp5x

At my GG they had no G400s to demo. Asked one of the salespeople and he said they won't have them out till next week.

But he hit them yesterday and said they're nice. I guess I was supposed to feel better knowing that they're sitting in the back waiting :glare:

Why would they be in the back waiting until next week? Demos were available to hit and pre order last Monday. They can't sell them until July 27 (Thursday) so nothing special about next week.

At my GG they had no G400s to demo. Asked one of the salespeople and he said they won't have them out till next week.

But he hit them yesterday and said they're nice. I guess I was supposed to feel better knowing that they're sitting in the back waiting :glare:

Roger Dunn Seal Beach as of yesterday said they hadn't gotten the driver demos in yet. I have been checking every day and one of their people did say they are getting ready for a big demo day very soon. Wouldn't make sense to not bring them out by now if they had them would it?

PXG 0811X+ proto 10.5 Aldila NV blue
Cobra F9 3 wood
PING G410 3 hybrid Tensei blue 
Srixon Z585 4-pw Modus 105
PING Glide 2.0 50* KBS Tour
PING Glide 2.0 56* KBS Tour
TM high toe big foot 60*
Scotty Phantom X 5.5
Srixon Zstar

Went to do a full fitting. Currently play 11 ping clubs. Irons IE1, g25 hybrid, and the 2.0 glide wedges.

I was super pumped because I love Ping. And wanted to silent all the ping haters about these clubs.

I'm a 11 handicap so I was aiming to get the g400. I already hit the I200. Which are amazing but not good enough to hit them.

Unless I had a really bad fitting I was not impressed with the irons. I hate to say it. The driver was good as well as the 7 wood but didn't really impress me.

There's another fitting coming up so I'll wait to do it again.

Other than that I'll wait for the titleist line to release.

I had the pleasure of hitting the entire G400 line tonight.

Like many have stated, the driver feels spectacular. The extension of the turbulators is aesthetically pleasing and the shorter front to back profile is a welcome sight. I tried both standard and LST in 10.5* with Alta stiff, and both Tour stiffs. I didn't think it would be for me, but my best results were with the LST 10*, lofted up to 11*, with Tour 65 stiff: beautiful, mid-trajectory lasers that flattened out and rolled a ton. Practically eliminated the left side of the course and the tour shaft tightened up any fade bias. Unfortunately, they had no Xtorsion copper, which is what I really wanted to try. Going to be hard to hold off ordering before trying that shaft.

The fairways were simply phenomenal. To me, a slightly deeper face, incredible feel, and super easy to elevate. The SFT is the easiest fw I've ever hit. If you can't get it in the air, you need to find another sport. Also loved the round profile. However, it hits very high. I would really need a shaft that brings the flight down to get overall performance out of it. The resurgence of the 9 wood is a welcome sight. I had so much fun hitting it that I'm seriously thinking of getting one to go against my trusty 22* i25 hybrid.

Speaking of hybrids, I tried the 19*. While all I did was hit straight shots with it, I didn't get the ease of play or performance I did form the fw's. Not too surprising as I have always been an i25 type hybrid guy. I would like to give them another whirl.

Lastly, the Crossover. Looks phenomenal; much better than the previous version. But I have never liked driving iron type clubs, and only hit a few shots with it. It simply isn't for me.

The G400 driver and fw's will definitely be in my bag. If the Xtorsion wasn't an option, I'd be ordering them right now.

PING G400 Max 10.5° (+)
PING G430 fairway 18° (F-), Alta CB S
PING G430 hybrid 22° (F-), Alta CB S
PING i530 5-U, DG Mid 115 S300
PING s159 54°-W (bent 52°), 58°-B, DG Mid 115 S300
PING Serene B60, KBS CT Tour, 35"
Maxfli Tour Yellow

I ordered my G400 LST sight unseen. I know our local Ping Rep personally, so I spoke to him about what I was going to need to order. He knows my bag pretty well, and he gave me some insight on what I needed to get. Only thing i didn't do was add the HZRDUS to it. I ordered mine with the Alta CB in stiff... I have my rogue silver 110 2.8... and I love it.. so I am going to stick with that, and put the Alta in the SFT G that I have in my sons bag. He ACTUALLY started playing a little bit, and enjoyed it. Even sent me a picture of a "fairway hit" to my phone yesterday while playing in the scramble with the little kids at our clubs golf clinic. Funny, he loves doing helping with the clinic and playing with then in the scramble, but just playing has never been any fun for him. But I see him getting a little more enjoyment out of it. So maybe the Counterbalance Alta will help him. .

Ping G410 LST Fujikura Atmos Black 6X 
Ping TiSi Tec 3 Wood Ping Tour Stiff
Ping i25 19* hybrid Aldila Tour Blue S
Ping 410 Crossover 4 iron
Ping Blueprint Modus 120 S Powerspec 
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 48/52/56/60
Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

Need some advice, I just did a fitting at PING and hit all the new G400 stuff. I ordered the driver on the spot (and set of i200) and and loved the 3 wood and hybrids, but didn't order them because of the 8/17 ship date. I know that is just a month away, but for those of you who have hit the current G fairways/hybrids, are they very similar? I haven't seen/hit the current G lineup, but I think if they are pretty similar (which they seem to be in at least looks) I could get them ordered now and have them with the other clubs and save close to $200 as well. What do you all think, wait for G400 or go with current G Hybrid/Fairway? Sucks because I prefer the look of the G400.. Thanks!

Titleist T150 Irons

Titleist U505 4 Utility
Titleist Tsi2 Driver
Ping G425 5 Wood
Ping G425 7 Wood
Titleist SM9 48, 54, 58 Wedges
Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11

Has anyone with say a 94-98 mph swing tried the G400 LST vs. the standard? I was closer to 98-100 a couple years ago and the G30 LST was much better than the standard G30 for me. No shop anywhere near me has demos yet.

PXG 0811X+ proto 10.5 Aldila NV blue
Cobra F9 3 wood
PING G410 3 hybrid Tensei blue 
Srixon Z585 4-pw Modus 105
PING Glide 2.0 50* KBS Tour
PING Glide 2.0 56* KBS Tour
TM high toe big foot 60*
Scotty Phantom X 5.5
Srixon Zstar

Need some advice, I just did a fitting at PING and hit all the new G400 stuff. I ordered the driver on the spot (and set of i200) and and loved the 3 wood and hybrids, but didn't order them because of the 8/17 ship date. I know that is just a month away, but for those of you who have hit the current G fairways/hybrids, are they very similar? I haven't seen/hit the current G lineup, but I think if they are pretty similar (which they seem to be in at least looks) I could get them ordered now and have them with the other clubs and save close to $200 as well. What do you all think, wait for G400 or go with current G Hybrid/Fairway? Sucks because I prefer the look of the G400.. Thanks!

My G400 DRIVER ship date is 8/24. Might as well order fwy and hybrid now. Reviews are that the fairways are fantastic. Hybrid reviews have been mixed but majority have been positive

Has anyone with say a 94-98 mph swing tried the G400 LST vs. the standard? I was closer to 98-100 a couple years ago and the G30 LST was much better than the standard G30 for me. No shop anywhere near me has demos yet.

Not an apples to apples comparison but I looked on Ping's website researching who is using G400 LST..... Munoz on lpga has an 8.5* as does Mark Wilson and Miguel Jimenez as well.....so control, slower swinging pros using lower lofted, fade bias club...... I'll assume they are banking on the added rollout since their carry wouldn't be nearly as much as longer tour guys?

My G400 DRIVER ship date is 8/24. Might as well order fwy and hybrid now. Reviews are that the fairways are fantastic. Hybrid reviews have been mixed but majority have been positive

Thanks, what shaft did you order?

Titleist T150 Irons

Titleist U505 4 Utility
Titleist Tsi2 Driver
Ping G425 5 Wood
Ping G425 7 Wood
Titleist SM9 48, 54, 58 Wedges
Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11

Has anyone compared the Tour 65 vs Xtorsion? Recent demo day did not have Xtorsion, but I loved the Tour 65 in the LST cranked to 11*

PING G400 Max 10.5° (+)
PING G430 fairway 18° (F-), Alta CB S
PING G430 hybrid 22° (F-), Alta CB S
PING i530 5-U, DG Mid 115 S300
PING s159 54°-W (bent 52°), 58°-B, DG Mid 115 S300
PING Serene B60, KBS CT Tour, 35"
Maxfli Tour Yellow

got to hit the G400 9* turned down to 8* vs my current G LS at 8* today. With both playing at 8* and my 105-107 SS the current GLS was beating the reg G400 for me by about 5 yards with both very accurate. My G L's was spinning around 2000 and the G400 was around 2800 avg with its lowest at 2500 and a few 3000 in there. Great head for those looking for a little more spin but not good at all for me. SS was 2 mph faster in both test with the new heads.

When I hit the G400ls last week at 7.5 I was getting 1900 avg spin and more distance (15 yards and 5mph+ ball speeds) than my current set up and also 2mph SS inc. Obviously the LS is right for me and I believe most SS above 100 will see the LS more desirable while the 95 and under may prefer the reg G400. Just my guess but I'm not a fitter. Ping has 3 distinct models. One for the golfer who fights the slice SFT, the G400 for the player needing spin and max foregivness, and the LS for players who fight spinning it to much while still offering a very forgiving club but not quite the 400 level of moi.

I hit all clubs with my shaft fitted for last winter that has been great for dispersion and the shorting of the shaft to 44 3/4 has really helped with hitting the sweet spot 90% of the time. Good luck.