Rory is too jacked...

2over

Rory isn't much bigger than a high school football player...

Rory isn't much bigger than Brian Harman.

Rory's lankier than Harman. The long arms are great for club head speed. Harman's a short, firepluggy dude with average length arms. He's got a 2017 swing and a 1967 body. He has to be an exceptional putter and a super fairway finder to keep up with the big boys. He's Furykesque in that sense. Anyway, pardon the ramble but I'm still tired, hungry and not playing as much golf as I'd like.

LOL.... No problem. I understand what you are saying but my post was meant as a bit of sarcasm towards the people here that think Rory is "jacked". He isn't by jacked any measure and my comparison of him to Harman was quite a bit tongue in cheek. :) What's funny is Rory is half the size of Ernie Els or Henrik Stenson but you never hear about those guys as being jacked.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rory's lankier than Harman. The long arms are great for club head speed. Harman's a short, firepluggy dude with average length arms. He's got a 2017 swing and a 1967 body. He has to be an exceptional putter and a super fairway finder to keep up with the big boys. He's Furykesque in that sense. Anyway, pardon the ramble but I'm still tired, hungry and not playing as much golf as I'd like.

LOL.... No problem. I understand what you are saying but my post was meant as a bit of sarcasm towards the people here that think Rory is "jacked". He isn't by jacked any measure and my comparison of him to Harman was quite a bit tongue in cheek. :) What's funny is Rory is half the size of Ernie Els or Henrik Stenson but you never hear about those guys as being jacked.

That's because both of those guys are averagely pudgy. You can't be pudgy and jacked at the same time, no matter how muscular you are. That's the rule.

That's because both of those guys are averagely pudgy. You can't be pudgy and jacked at the same time, no matter how muscular you are. That's the rule.

Guess WRX is bodybuilding forums now. Henrik Stenson is pudgy? I guess a visible 8 pack and garden hose vascularity that can only be obtained through extreme dieting and/or a cutting cycle is required to not be pudgy on WRX. Don't see much fat above basic healthy levels anywhere on him.

again...this is not "jacked". TW is in great shape in this picture- a physique 99% of men would want to attain...but he is FAR from jacked. When comparing him to the average professional golfer, he is more muscular, yes. Put him in any gym and he will look on the small side compared to the average daily gym go-er.

M1, ad di7x
rbz 3w, ad dj8x
Titleist TMB 2 iron, ti X100
mp68 4-pw, ti x100
Vokey 52* (x100), 56* (X100) ,60* (s400)
Scotty Mid Slant
ProV1x

again...this is not "jacked". TW is in great shape in this picture- a physique 99% of men would want to attain...but he is FAR from jacked. When comparing him to the average professional golfer, he is more muscular, yes. Put him in any gym and he will look on the small side compared to the average daily gym go-er.

Bigger than Frank Zane!

No Nike?

Bigger than Frank Zane!

No Nike?

There's a swoosh on there.

Taylormade SIM 8* - Matrix OZIK MFS Black Tie 70X
Taylormade M5 15* - Aldila Black Mamba 80TX
Taylormade M5 19* - Fuji Motore Speeder 8.3X
Taylormade P790 4-PW - Project X 7.0
Taylormade Hi Toe 52* and 58* - KBS $-Taper 125 S+ Black
Taylormade Ardmore 2 35" Super Stroke Claw 1.0

i think tiger put on too many LB's for his frame,,,,rors looks better on that beach pic to me - not too jacked. Brooks now seems like a big ole boy whether he lifts or not - seems to carry it well. heck i could see him even thinning out some if he does the same DJ workouts.

Adams Speedline Launch Lab 9.5*, Adams 9064LS 9.5*, TM Jetspeed 10.5*, PING G20 9.5*
TM Jetspeed 3HL, PING G20 16.5*, TM Jetspeed 5HL 
Ping I3+ Blades 3-LW
Callaway Raxr X Tour- #2, 3 & 4 hybrids
Callaway I-Trax, Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide

It's cause Rory wasn't trying to pack on pounds is the reason he's not jacked and just looks fit. If he started trying to gain weight, he would start getting more jacked. Tiger added on weight, he mentioned he was 150 when he got on tour and added 30 pounds to 180 in 2000 time frame. He's hovered around that weight ever since.

If Tiger keeps drinking those slurpy's he won't be jacked for long. LOL.

Ping G400 Testing G410.  10.5 set at small -
Ping G410 3, 5 and 7 wood

Ping G410 5 hybrid-not much use.  
Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal. 5-G
Vokey 54.10, 2009 58.12 M, Testing TM MG2 60* TW grind and MG3 56* TW grind.  Or Ping Glide Stealth, 54,58 SS.  
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly

Bigger than Frank Zane!

No Nike?

haha- did u really just do this... ecef32d2ad8b80e511b0ca2071fdc2ca.jpg

M1, ad di7x
rbz 3w, ad dj8x
mp68 4-pw, ti x100
Scotty Mid Slant
ProV1x

I think this thread got off track by getting hung up on the term "jacked." Is Rory jacked? No. Does Rory engage in heavy lifting exercises that could potentially injure his back? Quite possibly. There are many physical therapists and orthopedists who advise against doing dead lifts, squats, and clean and jerks. They argue that the vast majority of folks doing those lifts use horrible technique which is a recipe for disaster, better to stay away from them altogether. The calculus changes once an individual reaches 40. I don't know of any respected PTs or MDs who recommend doing those lifts after hitting the big four-oh. Recovery times for connective tissue starts to increase exponentially and debilitating injury, even if using proper technique, becomes a real possibility.

I don't know, I probably wouldn't do them if my livelihood depended upon a healthy back. There are too many other quality substitutes that could be used rather than those three particular lifts. As for as other lifts that tone the arms and chest, fire away. That's certainly not going to hurt his back.

Sooo...Drs really advise that the

Best thing to do for a weak back and core is to avoid strengthening it? Even so, when is the last time a general practitioner an expert in exercise science or kinesiology? SMH ‍♂️ gotta love the interwebs.

Of all the Mr Olympia's, Frank Zane is the only one I'd want to look like.
agreed 100%

No love for Katz?

s-l300.jpg

great physique (top 3 chest of all time?)...think he won a universe... but from that generation, I'd take zane, Robby Robinson, maybe ed corney, Arnold and serge are no brainers and big Louie long before Katz.

M1, ad di7x
rbz 3w, ad dj8x
mp68 4-pw, ti x100
Scotty Mid Slant
ProV1x

Of all the Mr Olympia's, Frank Zane is the only one I'd want to look like.
agreed 100%

No love for Katz?

s-l300.jpg

Too big IMHO. At least in terms of wanting to look like him. Mad respect for him as a bodybuilder tho. (Also don't think he won an Olympia)

Zane, to me at least, had a tremendous physique that never got freakish in the post Arnold world of BB. He seemingly wouldn't look like the Michelin Man in a normal wardrobe and would look relatively athletic and fit at say the beach. Unlike the mass monsters from the post Arnold era and today

According to sources the below photo is of MtlJeff during his recent physical fitness stint, yeah, like Canadians can stop be nice and get fit. My peeps are working to catch photos of him and other Canadian site members at their real hobby - eating poutine, drinking beer, and most importantly curling. Eh.

bench-press-4.jpg

Here he is a couple of months into the program. Progress, eh.

hqdefault.jpg

Be jacked by end of summer.

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife.  Doomed is your soul and damned is your life.
Enjoy every sandwich

The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is that you don’t know you are a member.   The second rule is that we’re all members from time to time.

One drink and that's it. Don't be rude. Drink your drink... do it quickly. Say good night...and go home ...

#kwonified