Ping putters

boycer

I love Jim Wells Pings and am lucky enough to have one of my own. Hope to add more someday.

They're generally tour customs for specific players, but I remember reading on a thread here a while ago that he also (occasionally) did custom work for Ping WRX for random retail customers - you'd have to be very lucky to get one though! I presume the serial wouldn't have quite the same format as there would be no prefix letter signifying a specific tour, but I've not seen one so can't be sure. Mine is a Japanese tour steel Scottsdale Anser.

If you have the opportunity, could you take a picture of it? I'm sure many of us would love to see it...

Sure, here you are - the JW on its own, and with a few of its friends!

• PING G400 Max 9* Tensei Orange 60 S
  • PING Anser 17 / 20* hybrids Graphite Design 85S
  • Miura PP-9003 Straight Neck 4-PW Nippon NS Pro 750 GH wrap tech
  • Miura 52, 56 K forged wedges / PING Eye 2 LW beryllium copper
  • Nordberg Halvdan custom / PING Cushin Scottsdale zip / PING Jim Wells Zing 5KS SN / PING Vault 2.0 Ketsch 380g, etc.

I love Jim Wells Pings and am lucky enough to have one of my own. Hope to add more someday.

They're generally tour customs for specific players, but I remember reading on a thread here a while ago that he also (occasionally) did custom work for Ping WRX for random retail customers - you'd have to be very lucky to get one though! I presume the serial wouldn't have quite the same format as there would be no prefix letter signifying a specific tour, but I've not seen one so can't be sure. Mine is a Japanese tour steel Scottsdale Anser.

If you have the opportunity, could you take a picture of it? I'm sure many of us would love to see it...

Sure, here you are - the JW on its own, and with a few of its friends!

Wow, they look incredible. I'm very jealous of that collection. They're lovely putters to have. Keep them safe ?

PING G430 Max 10.5* Project X Hazrdus Smoke Red RDX 50

PING 425 3H 19Alta CB 75

PING 425 4H 22Alta CB 75

Titleist T200 5i True Temper AMT Red Steel

Titleist T150 6i-GW True Temper AMT Red Steel

Titleist SM9 Vokey 52*, 56*, 60* Dynamic Gold R300

PING 2023 Anser

Srixon Z Star 

I've been using this lately......although, I just placed an order for a LH DH89 with Bryon today...

I had this up for sale...then I realized what an idiot I was for even thinking of selling it. It's a super rare (b/c it's LH) BeNi Ping Anser 4. Finding the Anser 4 in BeCu is rare, but super insanely rare to find a Beryllium Nickel Anser 4.

nUnjsjml.jpg

vVgdc8ql.jpg

NbShpwUl.jpg

I've been using this lately......although, I just placed an order for a LH DH89 with Bryon today...

I had this up for sale...then I realized what an idiot I was for even thinking of selling it. It's a super rare (b/c it's LH) BeNi Ping Anser 4. Finding the Anser 4 in BeCu is rare, but super insanely rare to find a Beryllium Nickel Anser 4.

nUnjsjml.jpg

vVgdc8ql.jpg

NbShpwUl.jpg

Nice! Those are hard enough to find in RH, I can't imagine LH. Hang onto that one, I hastily sold my BeNi Anser 2 last fall. Dumb, dumb.

Ping G400 Max 10.5*
Ping G425 5W 
Ping G425 19* 3H
Srixon ZX5 4-P 
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 50*, 54*, 58*
Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2+

Quick question about these tungsten weights the WRX department installed into the heel and toe of these putters... Are these weights all the same or do they vary? Anyone know how much they typically weigh, or the number weights Ping offers your choose from?

Callaway Paradym 12° - Fujikura Ventus Red 6s

Callaway Paradym 18° - Fujikura Ventus Red 7s

Callaway Paradym 21° - Fujikura Ventus Red 7s
Srixon z785 (4-PW) - Oban CT 115s+
Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Copper SB 50° - Black KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 s
Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Copper SB 55° - Black KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 s
Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Copper SB 60° - Black KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 s

Bettinardi Studio Reserve JAM-F

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a teaser pic of a Redwood I had refinished. As soon as I receive it I'll post some pics of the finished product. It's a blasted matte finish with colors from the Arizona flag. Copper, red, and blue.

Did Ping do this for you? I have this putter in the nickel plated version. Randomly grabbed it for $30 and it is one of the nicest putters i own (i have and have had numerous scottys etc.).

Titleist TSi2 10, Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 6X, 45"

Titleist TSi2 16.5, Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore 7X, 43"

TaylorMade GAPR Mid 4, KBS

Titleist T100S, KBS C-Taper S+ 5-PW

Titleist SM8, 50F, 54S, 60D, TT S400 Custom 

Scotty Cameron Phantom X12, 35", Stability Tour

[url="https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/"]https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/[/url]

Here's a teaser pic of a Redwood I had refinished. As soon as I receive it I'll post some pics of the finished product. It's a blasted matte finish with colors from the Arizona flag. Copper, red, and blue.

Did Ping do this for you? I have this putter in the nickel plated version. Randomly grabbed it for $30 and it is one of the nicest putters i own (i have and have had numerous scottys etc.).

I used used one of the WRX members who goes through one of the well known refinish shops. I will PM you his name. I'm not totally sure which method they used t remove the finish. I know they have capability to use chemicals or blasting. The final finish is blasted with no plating. There is a fee to remove the finish, then a fee to add a finish. Custom pain fill was included. Easy peazy. The coolest part is, there was a ding on the nose which is totally gone. They wave ways of making things disappear. I can't wait to put her back together.

Update: Your PM box is full. I used TorreyRat here at the forum.

I used used one of the WRX members who goes through one of the well known refinish shops. I will PM you his name. I'm not totally sure which method they used t remove the finish. I know they have capability to use chemicals or blasting. The final finish is blasted with no plating. There is a fee to remove the finish, then a fee to add a finish. Custom pain fill was included. Easy peazy. The coolest part is, there was a ding on the nose which is totally gone. They wave ways of making things disappear. I can't wait to put her back together.

Update: Your PM box is full. I used TorreyRat here at the forum.

Didnt know my PM box was full. Will empty it now. Thank you for the great info!!! Such a great putter.

Titleist TSi2 10, Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 6X, 45"

Titleist TSi2 16.5, Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore 7X, 43"

TaylorMade GAPR Mid 4, KBS

Titleist T100S, KBS C-Taper S+ 5-PW

Titleist SM8, 50F, 54S, 60D, TT S400 Custom 

Scotty Cameron Phantom X12, 35", Stability Tour

[url="https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/"]https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/[/url]

This is my first post on WRX! My grandfather recently died and I acquired his golf stuff--which included 4 vintage Ping putters. though these will never go up for sale (they're very sentimental to me in part because they have the return address labels of all of his old addresses where I spent time as a kid as well as one of them even having my grandmothers --she's been dead for 20 years--label!)

Anyway, I want to see what I have here. I know the models (I've used the B60 in the past) but am more curious about materials. Neither of the dark clubs are stamped BeCu, but I've read that they weren't always. Could the shiny clubs be BeNi?

He had a set of BeCu Eye2's that he gave away about 2 years before I knew what a treasure they were....c'est la vie....

Anyway, photos:

4f9038067d8e922a18e7f9e9fc2c381b.jpg0a81872b990a3724b72383ae87f572ee.jpg

1431c78f734beb0b39fea30e1dcd2b93.jpg

e585af40d98cd4e13fdc28015948beaf.jpg

13baaf2e14bbfcee48eadd363a6f40c5.jpg

526282ce4b8eea161e048fc40bc52b59.jpg

3675b7303cbb4c32bd16e4ee5cf1cfbb.jpg

ab5e44da7ea37565cc1e34a37ef41e82.jpg

Thanks all!

Ash

Wilmington, DE

Ash:

Not an absolute that BeCu is stamped, have a Zing 2 copper that does not have BeCu stamping.

First B60 is BeCu. Believe (without a memory jog) they only came in SS and copper.

Second B60 is SS.

Anser 2 appears SS. Not absolute from the pic, paint fill looks white. Beni models had yellow fill original from Ping.

Anser is mnbr. Original Anser's were not made in copper. There's a reissue that was copper and a couple of very limited release models.

Very nice, especially given the provenance.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

Thanks Fellaheen! I enjoy the provenance as well-- Its funny, I used to call my grandfather "Pal" which makes me want-- you guessed it-- a Ping Pal!

I'm currently playing his mid 90's Odyssey Dual Force Rossie 2-- that was a staple in his bag. It would go cold and he'd go back to one of the Pings, but always come back to the Rossie. I bought my own, but once his came into my possession, my newer one got bumped out of the bag.

Ash

I'm with my Vault Voss slate currently, but just had the awful pp62 grip removed and a pp58 put on. Too many issues with long putts as I've no feel.

Titleist TSR2 10 set at 11 Hzrdus Red CB
Titleist TSI2 16.5 Tensei Blue

Ping G 17.5 set at 18.5 Ping tour shaft.
Titleist TS3 hybrid 21 Tensei Blue
Taylormade 2023 p790 5-PW kbs tour lite
Vokey SM9 50°/12° SM8 56°/14° and SM9 60°/10°
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport two
Taylormade TP5x

[i]Remember there are no pictures on a scorecard, only a number. [/i]

So PING is bringing back the PLD program? I feel like they were right on the edge of great success with that line. Throw in a few more options, adjust the pricing a touch... it could really take off.

I notice lots of their tour staff are playing PLD putters.

Tour players have access to putters which consumers do not.

So PING is bringing back the PLD program? I feel like they were right on the edge of great success with that line. Throw in a few more options, adjust the pricing a touch... it could really take off.

Yes, that's true. However, I think its worth asking about because:

- PING generally doesn't have "tour only" clubs.

- The PLD thing was open to the public for a couple months earlier this year.

Yes, that's true. However, I think its worth asking about because:

- PING generally doesn't have "tour only" clubs.

- The PLD thing was open to the public for a couple months earlier this year.

I went through a dealer which deals with WRX products regarding mods to a Sigma putter and was told no. The rep did mention that Tour players have modified Sigmas. I wish i didnt know that. That might be just that puttter who knows. I would contact a WRX dealer regarding the PLD. It wouldn't surprise me if one offs were available.

Just received my dad’s oldie but goodie Ping Anser 3, from Nor_Cal Putters in Auburn, CA. I would have rather sent out a Scotty for him but other than a JBlade also by Ping, this was his longest gamer. They offer a ton of different looks at really decent prices. I had the face milled (not originally milled), initials stamped, and red paintfill on sight line and initials. Black paintfill was used in original Ping Anser 3 stamp and Pings patent etc on back. But now my fear is this is too shiny and too nice to game. Maybe even over the top? I’ve included a few pictures at different angles of address to catch the light. I may be forced to shadowbox or display this one and take a more muted approach on the JBlade.

Thoughts? In the end it’s up to him but I feel in the middle of the day it may be too distracting for him and his playing partners. Hell maybe those teeing off behind him, those ahead of him if they look back, and The ISS if anyone is aboard it these days!

Just received my dad’s oldie but goodie Ping Anser 3, from Nor_Cal Putters in Auburn, CA. I would have rather sent out a Scotty for him but other than a JBlade also by Ping, this was his longest gamer. They offer a ton of different looks at really decent prices. I had the face milled (not originally milled), initials stamped, and red paintfill on sight line and initials. Black paintfill was used in original Ping Anser 3 stamp and Pings patent etc on back. But now my fear is this is too shiny and too nice to game. Maybe even over the top? I’ve included a few pictures at different angles of address to catch the light. I may be forced to shadowbox or display this one and take a more muted approach on the JBlade.

Thoughts? In the end it’s up to him but I feel in the middle of the day it may be too distracting for him and his playing partners. Hell maybe those teeing off behind him, those ahead of him if they look back, and The ISS if anyone is aboard it these days!

Lovely putter. What model of Iomic grip is on it?

PING G430 Max 10.5* Project X Hazrdus Smoke Red RDX 50

PING 425 3H 19Alta CB 75

PING 425 4H 22Alta CB 75

Titleist T200 5i True Temper AMT Red Steel

Titleist T150 6i-GW True Temper AMT Red Steel

Titleist SM9 Vokey 52*, 56*, 60* Dynamic Gold R300

PING 2023 Anser

Srixon Z Star