Ping putters

boycer

I never thought I'd find a putter that would knock my late dad's Ping JBlade out of my bag, but I've been rolling this Ping D66 for a couple years now and love it.

b66bjpg.jpg

Apologies for bumping an old thread, but what variant of the D66 is this?

Looks like the iwi D66. I have the Redwood D66 and i cant recommend it enough!

The iwi or redwood? While in a completely different price bracket, the Dale Anser Vault 2.0 has my attention as well.

I never thought I'd find a putter that would knock my late dad's Ping JBlade out of my bag, but I've been rolling this Ping D66 for a couple years now and love it.

b66bjpg.jpg

Apologies for bumping an old thread, but what variant of the D66 is this?

Looks like the iwi D66. I have the Redwood D66 and i can’t recommend it enough!

The iwi or redwood? While in a completely different price bracket, the Dale Anser Vault 2.0 has my attention as well.

I personally prefer the Redwood over the iwi mainly beacuse I’m not keen on most inserts. However, the D66 is a great shape if you prefer a slightly wider flange.

Ping G400 Max 10.5*
Ping G425 5W 
Ping G425 19* 3H
Srixon ZX5 4-P 
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 50*, 54*, 58*
Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2+

Well I never really got on with my vault voss so sold it at the start of the year. However I’ve had my dads vault anser 2 in the bag last four rounds with a slim grip (hate the standard fat pp62) and every round has been between 26 and 31 putts. Needless to say I’m buying it off him....

Titleist TSR2 10 set at 11 Hzrdus Red CB
Titleist TSI2 16.5 Tensei Blue

Ping G 17.5 set at 18.5 Ping tour shaft.
Titleist TS3 hybrid 21 Tensei Blue
Taylormade 2023 p790 5-PW kbs tour lite
Vokey SM9 50°/12° SM8 56°/14° and SM9 60°/10°
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport two
Taylormade TP5x

[i]Remember there are no pictures on a scorecard, only a number. [/i]

I actually picked up a center shafted Scottsdale Pickemup B belly putter on ebay for $60. I cut it down to 36", slapped a Super Stroke Counter Core grip on it and turned it in to a counterbalanced deal. I've played a couple of rounds with it and it's very nice. I don't know if this is something that can kick my trusty Ghost Spider center shaft out of the bag, but this definitely won't be getting sold any time soon!

PING G410 LST 10.5* --- Project X Evenflow Blue 55-S

PING G410 17.5* & 20.5* FW --- Aldila Tour Blue 65-S

Titleist 818H1 23* Hybrid --- Project X Evenflow Riptide 80-6.0

PING i210 5-UW --- Nippon Modus 105-S

PING Glide 3.0 Eye2 54* & 58* --- Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

L.A.B. DF3 --- Accra x L.A.B.

I always liked the thinner topline, and squared off look of the anser 2/4, and the lesser offset of the anser 4 (milled anser 6). In the store, they don't wow me. But on the actual course, they really deliver. I've had the original anser 2, anser 2 scottsdale tr. I have a 1966 anser 2 tr right now, I'm debating buying a redwood, or an anser 6 milled.

Callaway Epic Max LS 10.5 (-1), Ventus Black 6s
Cobra F7 3 Wood
Titleist 718 TMB 2 iron 17*

Adams TI Hybrid 20* and 23*
Srixon zx5 4-5, zx7 6-pw, s300, 2* flat

Vokey SM6 50f12
Vokey SM7 54s10

Mizuno T10 60

Odyssey White Hot #1 (2006)

I'm torn... trying to decide between a Redwood Anser, Anser Milled of some variety, Vault Anser 2, Vault 2.0 Dale Anser.

Don’t overlook the TR Anser 1966 either.

PING G430 Max 10.5* Project X Hazrdus Smoke Red RDX 50

PING 425 3H 19Alta CB 75

PING 425 4H 22Alta CB 75

Titleist T200 5i True Temper AMT Red Steel

Titleist T150 6i-GW True Temper AMT Red Steel

Titleist SM9 Vokey 52*, 56*, 60* Dynamic Gold R300

PING 2023 Anser

Srixon Z Star 

I ordered the Vault 2.0 Craz-E H last week only to find out that it is back ordered and will not ship until 9/4. I am digging mallets with toe hang at the moment especially ones with plumbers necks as opposed to most of them that have flow necks.

In relation to mallets with plumbers necks, to me the Spider version is much too soft and the Tyne H feels much too heavy at 370g at 35 inches. I currently have the Odyssey Works 7 with the crank hosel in my rotation. It is nice but it is a little too soft for my liking. I am hoping that the Craz-E H will feel more solid with the milled TR grooves. I ordered the light weights so it will have a head weight of 350g which is pretty perfect for me right now.

PING 425 3H 19Alta CB 75

PING 425 4H 22Alta CB 75

PING 2023 Anser

Srixon Z Star 

I rolled the Vault 2.0 Craz-E H in the store yesterday. GREAT roll! The back weights make it effortless to stroke. I am going to wait a couple of days and go back to see if the same magic is there. If so, I will buy it.

I cannot wait to get my hands on the one that I have ordered.

PING 425 3H 19Alta CB 75

PING 425 4H 22Alta CB 75

PING 2023 Anser

Srixon Z Star 

Still using my trusty Ping Zing 2. Haven’t found anything to knock it out of my bag.

2015 Taylormade PSI 4-PW
2009 Titleist Vokey BV Spin Milled 52
2009 Titleist Vokey BV Spin Milled 56
2018 Taylormade Milled Grind 60
2005 King Cobra Baffler Hybrid 20
2017 Callaway GBB Epic 3W 13.5 +1
2014 Ping G-30 10.5
2018 Titleist Stay Dry Bag

Here's a question for you PING putter aficionados!

What series or "generation" is this Anser 2? It did not have any markings on the sole.

Reason I ask...it was in a rental set when I played earlier this summer on vacation. I really liked the sound, feel, and the roll it put on the ball. And to be honest, I like the fact that there's no insert.

I'd like to try to find one in the used market and put it into the rotation!

TIA,

KTM

KaTooM, this isn’t the original run of Anser 2. The original run had white paint fill (Stainless Steel model). You can tell this is a newer version because it has the black paint fill and a color dot in the cavity. Couldn’t give you an exact date range though, sorry.

Ping G400 Max 10.5*
Ping G425 5W 
Ping G425 19* 3H
Srixon ZX5 4-P 
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 50*, 54*, 58*
Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2+

KaTooM, this isn’t the original run of Anser 2. The original run had white paint fill (Stainless Steel model). You can tell this is a newer version because it has the black paint fill and a color dot in the cavity. Couldn’t give you an exact date range though, sorry.

Thanks for the information MattMo! I really appreciate it!

The rest of the clubs in the rental set were current model Titleist so I kinda figured this would be a newer model putter as well. I’ll keep looking on eBay for one just like it to pop up.

I suppose I shoulda offered to buy it from the pro shop but I never figured it would be so hard to locate.

Thanks again man!

KTM

The rest of the clubs in the rental set were current model Titleist so I kinda figured this would be a newer model putter as well. I’ll keep looking on eBay for one just like it to pop up.

I suppose I shoulda offered to buy it from the pro shop but I never figured it would be so hard to locate.

Thanks again man!

KTM

You can order a new one from Morton Golf. I’m guessing it will come with black paint fill like the rest of the stainless classic models pictured on their site, but you might want to contact them to make sure.

https://www.mortongolfsales.com/PING-Classic-Stainless-Steel-Anser-2-Putters-p/ping_anser_2_putter.htm

KaTooM, this isn't the original run of Anser 2. The original run had white paint fill (Stainless Steel model). You can tell this is a newer version because it has the black paint fill and a color dot in the cavity. Couldn't give you an exact date range though, sorry.

The rest of the clubs in the rental set were current model Titleist so I kinda figured this would be a newer model putter as well. I'll keep looking on eBay for one just like it to pop up.

Thanks again man!

KTM

You can order a new one from Morton Golf. I'm guessing it will come with black paint fill like the rest of the stainless classic models pictured on their site, but you might want to contact them to make sure.

https://www.mortongo...er_2_putter.htm

Ahhh...thank you!

Backordered until mid September but that OK...thanks for the link!

KTM

KaTooM, this isn't the original run of Anser 2. The original run had white paint fill (Stainless Steel model). You can tell this is a newer version because it has the black paint fill and a color dot in the cavity. Couldn't give you an exact date range though, sorry.

The rest of the clubs in the rental set were current model Titleist so I kinda figured this would be a newer model putter as well. I'll keep looking on eBay for one just like it to pop up.

Thanks again man!

KTM

The original putters had a tumbled finish. When PING changed over to guyson finish in the early 2000s, the putters got a similar treatment...

Thanks again man!

KTM

The original putters had a tumbled finish. When PING changed over to guyson finish in the early 2000s, the putters got a similar treatment...

Got it...thanks!

BTW...just noticed on that Morton Golf link that the naser 2 pictured is different that the one I posted. It does not have the black dot in the cavity. I'm really trying to find that exact model!

Oh well...not an emergency...I've got a "museum" full of flat sticks so there's no rush!

Thanks again man!

KTM

Got it...thanks!

BTW...just noticed on that Morton Golf link that the naser 2 pictured is different that the one I posted. It does not have the black dot in the cavity. I'm really trying to find that exact model!

Oh well...not an emergency...I've got a "museum" full of flat sticks so there's no rush!

The black dot signifies the lie angle, standard in this case. The rest of the stainless and magnesium bronze classics on that site have the dots. I’m guessing the Anser 2 does too, but for some reason they have an old stock photo with white paint and no dot.