2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

Mayweather/McGregor

tatertot

First presser was today ... McGregor was funny ... but he has no shot.

Driver: Titleist TS3, 8.5°

2 Wood: Adams InSight XTD, 10.5°

Fairway: Callaway Rogue ST Max LS, 18°

Utility Iron: Cleveland UHX, 20°

Irons: Titleist 718 AP1, 5-GW, 24°-48°
UW: Titleist Vokey SM8, 52°F

LW: Titleist Vokey SM8, 60°D
Putter: Bettinardi inovai 6.0 slant neck, 34"
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B RX
Bag: Sun Mountain Metro Sunday Bag

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe Connor can lure him in and catch him with a left counter or two and win a round/s. I think MMA fans think there is no way Floyd can knock him out, as they fight with those tiny gloves and Connor has taken some blows by Diaz and Mendes and not been KO,d or TKO,d....but if Floyd starts landing, and Connor starts taking chances, there is a real shot that he could get knocked out.

I'm not a fan of this fight, I'd rather see Connor fighting Max Holloway or Frankie Edgar or Cub Swanson, etc. Far more interesting to see him in the octagon vs the ring. Could go on and on about that, but this does not surprise after being sucked into the Diaz fights and the money grab that was....and now this, IMO he is becoming a spectacle in a negative way, when he could be out there taking in top contenders in the LW or FW divisions.

Just wish they'd allow kicking. Game changer

9.5* GBB Epic w/ RT Technologies Zeus 75g
16.5* Tour Issue TaylorMade M2 w/ RT Technologies Zeus 85g
20* Itobori Hybrid w/ RT Technologies Midas 98g
Epon AF Tour CB w/ AMT DG X100 4-PW
MannKrafted Custom 51* & 56* w/ AMT DG X100
MannKrafted Yaupon
Vice Force Stand Bag
Vice Pro Plus

Unfortunately I think it will turn out that the most interesting part about this fight was the press conference yesterday. I'm guessing that Floyd dodges/carries him for 5 or 6 rounds to give the fans a little bit of a show and then just starts dropping the hammer. I don't know if he can knock CM out or not but I just cant see any way he loses an actual boxing match - and I say that as someone that cant stand him.

Too bad really. I'm probably one of 14 people who actually still likes boxing *and* watches MMA so I was hoping for a great crossover match at some point. This is a great spectacle to be sure. But I don't think there's much of a match here.

Even more disappointing is the fact that I cant see a way that McGregor gets back in the octagon after this, that's the big bummer for me. If he clears $100-150M on this fight, how is he going to go through all that again for $5-8-10M? Only way I could see is if he picks up an ownership piece of UFC.

QI10 LS 10.5* - Ventus Blue 6x

TM Qi10 5W/ 7W - Ventus Blue 6s

Ping I230 5-6 /Blueprint S 7-8 /BP T 9-P
Vokey SM8 50*// TM Hi-Toe 54*/58*

Cody James custom // Left Dash

Hopefully Conor can wipe the ring with Mayweather, he's a real scummer.

Driver: Tour Issued TaylorMade M4, 9.1 Deg // Matrix VLCT 60g X flex
3 Wood: Tour Issued TaylorMade M1, 3HL 17.1 Deg // Diamana D+ 82g X flex
3 Iron: Adams DHY 21 Deg // Matrix White Tie 83g X Flex
Irons: TaylorMade MC (2011) 4-PW // Project X 6.5
Wedges: Callaway MD4, 52, 56 & 60 // TT DG Tour Issued S200
Putter: Ping Scottsdale TR Anser 2 
Bag: Titelst StaDry

Grip: GolfPride MCC Team Red/Yellow (Calgary Flames colors)

Unfortunately I think it will turn out that the most interesting part about this fight was the press conference yesterday. I'm guessing that Floyd dodges/carries him for 5 or 6 rounds to give the fans a little bit of a show and then just starts dropping the hammer. I don't know if he can knock CM out or not but I just cant see any way he loses an actual boxing match - and I say that as someone that cant stand him.

Too bad really. I'm probably one of 14 people who actually still likes boxing *and* watches MMA so I was hoping for a great crossover match at some point. This is a great spectacle to be sure. But I don't think there's much of a match here.

Even more disappointing is the fact that I cant see a way that McGregor gets back in the octagon after this, that's the big bummer for me. If he clears $100-150M on this fight, how is he going to go through all that again for $5-8-10M? Only way I could see is if he picks up an ownership piece of UFC.

I'd be shock if McGregor nets $20m from this fight after UFC gets their cut and taxes on his.

I don't know if Floyd can KO anybody at this point ... But there ain't no way CM is beating him.

Floyd's already got the quote of the promotional tour, basically, he told McGregor:

"I'm not the fighter I was 20 years ago. I'm not the fighter I was 10 years ago. I'm not the fighter I was 5 years ago. I'm not even the fighter I was 2 years ago. But I can still take you."

And he's right.

And I can't stand Floyd.

Driver: Titleist TS3, 8.5°

2 Wood: Adams InSight XTD, 10.5°

Fairway: Callaway Rogue ST Max LS, 18°

Utility Iron: Cleveland UHX, 20°

Irons: Titleist 718 AP1, 5-GW, 24°-48°
UW: Titleist Vokey SM8, 52°F

LW: Titleist Vokey SM8, 60°D
Putter: Bettinardi inovai 6.0 slant neck, 34"
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B RX
Bag: Sun Mountain Metro Sunday Bag

I never understood trash talking in a literal fighting sport. I mean so much of trash talking is toughness based "i could kick your a**" type commentary....meanwhile, there's no drama about whether a fight will happen, it's scheduled! But so much of pre-fight trash talk seems to be to get the other guy to like, want to fight you , which he has already agreed to do

I don't really get this fight. McGregor obviously is getting paid with absolutely nothing at stake. He talks his usual trash, most likely gets crushed, and no one cares because no one expects him to win. While this is a major draw, this is clearly a fight that is 100% about money. Both guys should've just gone to the conference dressed as huge dollar bills.

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Srixon ZX 19h w/PX hzrdus Red 80

Mizuno MP241 4-PW w/KBS Ctaper LITE

Mizuno MP24 52 w/KBS Ctaper LITE

Cleveland RTX6 60/10--Spinner

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

I never understood trash talking in a literal fighting sport. I mean so much of trash talking is toughness based "i could kick your a**" type commentary....meanwhile, there's no drama about whether a fight will happen, it's scheduled! But so much of pre-fight trash talk seems to be to get the other guy to like, want to fight you , which he has already agreed to do

I don't really get this fight. McGregor obviously is getting paid with absolutely nothing at stake. He talks his usual trash, most likely gets crushed, and no one cares because no one expects him to win. While this is a major draw, this is clearly a fight that is 100% about money. Both guys should've just gone to the conference dressed as huge dollar bills.

If you look closely at Conors pinstripes they are dollar bills.

Conor is one of the most masterful self promoters and marketers of all time. He has talked his way into one of the biggest fights in history with a massive payday that will set him up and his future progeny for generations. Kudos to Conor for that. IMO he is one of the all time best pound for pound fighters in the UFC but he has a 1 percent chance of winning and that's being generous. He is not going to last fighting on Floyd's terms and rules.

Ping G430 LST 9 Ventus Red TR 5 Stiff

Ping G410 5 Wood Aldila Rogue 130MSI 80 X

Ping G430 Max 7 Wood VA Composites Drago 65 Stiff

Ping G425 Max 9 wood Ventus Blus 7S

Ping G710 5-PW KBS Tour

Ping S159 50 54 58

Ping Anser 2

Fairs fair. After y'all waste a hundred buck on this circus act you should be forced to waste another hundred in their MMA bout. After which they'd both be 1-1 and the winner could be decided and a 100 dollar PPV coin flip. I like combat sports. I like the circus (who doesn't?). I don't like the two to be mixed. This is silly and any poor sap that wastes their hard earned cash on this will certainly regret it.

My prediction. Floyd does Floyd and dances around without being hit for the entire fight. He'll win on "score". Something a real fight shouldn't ever go to. A real fight ends in someone getting knocked TF out or getting their joints popped. Conner will be increasingly frustrated and eventually wade in too far. Floyd will gently tap him anytime this happens and they'll be back to square one. Stupid.

Conor is one of the most masterful self promoters and marketers of all time. He has talked his way into one of the biggest fights in history with a massive payday that will set him up and his future progeny for generations. Kudos to Conor for that. IMO he is one of the all time best pound for pound fighters in the UFC but he has a 1 percent chance of winning and that's being generous. He is not going to last fighting on Floyd's terms and rules.

My take. Conor is a self promoting DB of epic proportions. I know he'd kick my butt (duh) but I'd love to just have one chance to land a big meaty fist on his chin. I can't stand the guy. I also can't UNDERstand a word he's saying. He's the most brash, caustic asshat that I've ever had the displeasure to listen to. Congrats to him though being able to carve out a meager existence (ha?) with all that working against him.

My take. Conor is a self promoting DB of epic proportions. I know he'd kick my butt (duh) but I'd love to just have one chance to land a big meaty fist on his chin. I can't stand the guy. I also can't UNDERstand a word he's saying. He's the most brash, caustic asshat that I've ever had the displeasure to listen to. Congrats to him though being able to carve out a meager existence (ha?) with all that working against him.

You obviously know nothing about him, do some research on things he has done for people and where/what he came from.

You obviously know nothing about him, do some research on things he has done for people and where/what he came from.

Ok. I'll grant you whatever you were saying. He might be like Santa at xmas for all I care. He's an abrasive a hole. That's not open for discussion. We can both be right here.

FYI I've followed MMA since Hoyce Grazie originally used his GI to choke people out. I'm not flying in blindly. I don't like Conor. Not one bit. I'll respect your opinion of him, that's fine. We all have different takes. I can't stand him. He makes me almost sick on a visceral level. He's a self righteous pompous hat (my opinion) and I'd love to see Floyd make him choke on some teeth. You can feel how you feel and I'll feel how I do. I don't care if he floated the Irish Orphanage. Great. He's still a self promoting ****** that I don't like. If you do Im ok with that. I just can't stand to see his sniveling rhetoric. You like him, fine. Great even. I'm not a huge fan. He's a tool that's been spoiled. Bully on him for getting there. I just don't like the guy. We can disagree. I'm cool with that. I don't care if I'm wrong, he's someone that I can't agree with. Lucky for him that he won a few gimmes and now gets to live the life we all would love.

I don't like the guy. He's self absorbed , pompous, and an a**. I don't care if that's his public persona. I'll throw this out, chuck the ice man Liddell woulda knocked him TF out 100-% of the time. Yes I know the weight difference. That dude just wanted to whoop a**. Conor wants to whoop a** in the pressor. That's all.

CM is in over his head. there is no way he can win. sure all it takes in boxing is that lucky punch but

as much as i hate floyd he's a tactician and an astute student of the sweet science. he will toy with CM

and make him look like a joke.

i can actually imagine CM being so frustrated and loosing his cool and elbow or kick gayweather!

Epon EF-02D Diamana x17 6s

Epon AF-256 #3 Diamana x12 7s

Epon AF-256 #5 Diamana x12 7s

Epon AF-906 23 Tensei Ck pw hb90

Epon AF-506 #5-aw Tensei AM2Ws

Epon Tour wedge M56 DG spinner

Tad Moore handmade blade 

Ok. I'll grant you whatever you were saying. He might be like Santa at xmas for all I care. He's an abrasive a hole. That's not open for discussion. We can both be right here.

FYI I've followed MMA since Hoyce Grazie originally used his GI to choke people out. I'm not flying in blindly. I don't like Conor. Not one bit. I'll respect your opinion of him, that's fine. We all have different takes. I can't stand him. He makes me almost sick on a visceral level. He's a self righteous pompous hat (my opinion) and I'd love to see Floyd make him choke on some teeth. You can feel how you feel and I'll feel how I do. I don't care if he floated the Irish Orphanage. Great. He's still a self promoting ****** that I don't like. If you do Im ok with that. I just can't stand to see his sniveling rhetoric. You like him, fine. Great even. I'm not a huge fan. He's a tool that's been spoiled. Bully on him for getting there. I just don't like the guy. We can disagree. I'm cool with that. I don't care if I'm wrong, he's someone that I can't agree with. Lucky for him that he won a few gimmes and now gets to live the life we all would love.

I don't like the guy. He's self absorbed , pompous, and an a**. I don't care if that's his public persona. I'll throw this out, chuck the ice man Liddell woulda knocked him TF out 100-% of the time. Yes I know the weight difference. That dude just wanted to whoop a**. Conor wants to whoop a** in the pressor. That's all.

So just to be clear, you don't like him and it's your opinion? You didn't really clear that up

Titleist 907 D2 w/ V2 67
TM RBZ Stage 2 5W HL 21*
Mizuno MP63 4-PW
Titleist Vokey SM4 52 & 58
Odyssey Tour Fill 2 Ball
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1120495-commerce-tigers-odd-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

CM is in over his head. there is no way he can win. sure all it takes in boxing is that lucky punch but

as much as i hate floyd he's a tactician and an astute student of the sweet science. he will toy with CM

and make him look like a joke.

i can actually imagine CM being so frustrated and loosing his cool and elbow or kick gayweather!

Anything more than punches leads to massive financial implications for CM. He's not that stupid. A loss for him lines up the next fight where they will most likely agree to more MMA style with again massive paydays. I wouldnt be surprised if its already in the works.

So just to be clear, you don't like him and it's your opinion? You didn't really clear that up

Sorry, lol. Too many words. My fingers sometimes have an autonomy from my brain. That was the general just of it though. :)