2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Sung Hyun Park

Sean2

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that's what the translator said.....she probably was like "I cannot be defeated, I defeat all women....if they die, they die"

And then the translator was like "yeahh....ummmm, she says she's never had a coach but has always worked really hard on her swing!"

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Well that's what the translator said.....she probably was like "I cannot be defeated, I defeat all women....if they die, they die"

And then the translator was like "yeahh....ummmm, she says she's never had a coach but has always worked really hard on her swing!"

Well you have a point. I read that her nickname in Korean means, "quiet assassin".

I think it's great that some of these players can do it on their own without some

huge entourage of coaches for every little thing.

I agree. The only other play I know like this is Bubba Watson.

Remarkable in this day and age.

"I don't have any swing coach, so I practice by myself," Park said. "I tape my own swing and study and analyze it as many times as I can. That is something I try to perfect myself. Maybe that's a little different, but that's the way I do it."

i think the very most successful are those people who actually understand the cause and effect of a swing. so, my guess is she will be very successful for a long time.

when you look at people who were over coached a method or the other side of the specturm is natural talents that only took them so far like Elkington when he tried to do something more than he was capable of he realized he didn't know jack and fell of the map. the whole secret in the dirt made that so obvious (imo) you can name quite a few golfers who never make it back. stricker is one who found his way back and truly owns his swing.

i hope she goes on to win bunches more, fun to watch. she also has tremendous respect for her caddie, which was nice to see.

Well you have a point. I read that her nickname in Korean means, "quiet assassin".

I think it's great that some of these players can do it on their own without some

Hideki, James Hahn, Sang Moon Bae, Michael Kim, I know Adam Scott will only see his coach once a year.

Her swing is text book. Honestly as soneone who teaches, if i taught a world class player i wouldnt have them work on anything during a tournament week. You are here to win. You cant do that thinking swing.

As for her and her caddie. She speaks very little english and he doesnt speak korean. They had special segment on it during 2016 us open, i watched her play a couple practice that year was amazed to find that out

Pro Caddie & I teach golf

Driver: PXG 9* ; HZDRUS Handcrafted 63 6.0

Long Game: PXG 13*, PXG 16*; HZDRUS Handcrafted 83 6.5 (flip between the two)

Driving Iron: PXG 0311 4 iron bent 17.5*; ProForce VTS 100HX 

Hybrid: PXG Gen 1 19*; HZDRUS Handcrafted 100 6.5

Irons: NIKE CB 4-PW Raw finish ; Aldila RIP Tour SLT 115 Tour Stiff (.25 inch gapping)

Wedges: Titleist SM9 50*, 54*; True Temper DG S300 (36 inches)

L-Wedge: Custom 60*; KBS Tour Stiff (36 inches)

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Design #5 35 inches: Super Stroke GP Tour

Ball: ProV1x

"I don't have any swing coach, so I practice by myself," Park said. "I tape my own swing and study and analyze it as many times as I can. That is something I try to perfect myself. Maybe that's a little different, but that's the way I do it."

i think the very most successful are those people who actually understand the cause and effect of a swing. so, my guess is she will be very successful for a long time.

when you look at people who were over coached a method or the other side of the specturm is natural talents that only took them so far like Elkington when he tried to do something more than he was capable of he realized he didn't know jack and fell of the map. the whole secret in the dirt made that so obvious (imo) you can name quite a few golfers who never make it back. stricker is one who found his way back and truly owns his swing.

i hope she goes on to win bunches more, fun to watch. she also has tremendous respect for her caddie, which was nice to see.

I think this why so many homemade swings are great players. They know and own theor swing, they what to do when it goes wrong and fix it quick.

Irons: NIKE CB 4-PW Raw finish ; Aldila RIP Tour SLT 115 Tour Stiff (.25 inch gapping)

Hideki, James Hahn, Sang Moon Bae, Michael Kim, I know Adam Scott will only see his coach once a year.

Her swing is text book. Honestly as soneone who teaches, if i taught a world class player i wouldnt have them work on anything during a tournament week. You are here to win. You cant do that thinking swing.

As for her and her caddie. She speaks very little english and he doesnt speak korean. They had special segment on it during 2016 us open, i watched her play a couple practice that year was amazed to find that out

I don;t think she has the same caddie now, thought Suzanne Petterson's caddie left her bag for Park.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T100s 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

I don;t think she has the same caddie now, thought Suzanne Petterson's caddie left her bag for Park.

Still probably the same situation

How can that possibly be effective? The language barrier, I mean? That's astounding to me.

Here's my theory.

I think the importance of the caddie/player relationship is great exaggerated.

Sure, but it can't possibly be HELPFUL to understand only half of what the other person is saying?! Or worse misunderstand 10% of what the other is saying? Can you imagine thinking "flyer lie" meant the opposite or something Iike that? Misunderstand "tail wind" or "that putt is gonna gain steam near the hole"?

How can that possibly be effective? The language barrier, I mean? That's astounding to me.

Here's my theory.

Sure, but it can't possibly be HELPFUL to understand only half of what the other person is saying?! Or worse misunderstand 10% of what the other is saying? Can you imagine thinking "flyer lie" meant the opposite or something Iike that? Misunderstand "tail wind" or "that putt is gonna gain steam near the hole"?

I guess I'm thinking a player should be able to see that they have a flyer lie and should be able to judge the wind and should be able to read their putts. It just shouldn't require that much input from the caddie to see and analyze those things and I actually think it gets into an over-analysis situation quite frequently.

I'd bet she has learned golf talk English language just fine. Day to day communications and interviews are a different thing.

Titleist TSR3 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TS3 3w 13.5° HZRDUS Black 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

Here's my theory.

I guess I'm thinking a player should be able to see that they have a flyer lie and should be able to judge the wind and should be able to read their putts. It just shouldn't require that much input from the caddie to see and analyze those things and I actually think it gets into an over-analysis situation quite frequently.

A pro can shoot 63 any day of the week, come tournament time things get stressful and they don't think as clearly as they normally would. That's when a good caddie is worth every cent he's paid.

A pro can shoot 63 any day of the week, come tournament time things get stressful and they don't think as clearly as they normally would. That's when a good caddie is worth every cent he's paid.

That makes perfect sense.

WOODS: Taylormade Qi10 LS 9* - Ventus Black 7X; 3W: Taylormade M2

IRONS: Mizuno Pro 225 GW-4i ProjectX 6.5,

WEDGES: Vokey SM9 52*,  Mizuno T20 56*, Vokey SM9 60*,

PUTTER: Mizuno M-Craft VI 38"

Her English must be improving. I followed her group a few days at the PGA championship and her caddie was speaking pretty quickly in English to her the entire time and she was speaking back to him. She was so quiet that it was inaudible, so I don't know how fluent she has gotten since 2016.

I got a few feet away from her last Saturday but still couldn't hear a word she said to her caddie. Facing a tough situation, bad lie in the rough with no play to the green and awkward layup, yet she hardly spoke much if at all. Also like many international players, they were talking about metres not yards.

Sung Hyun Park's Korean nickname is...."Namdalla"...which means...."I'm Different"

Her coach in Orlando is Brian Moag....she doesn't see him often and I wouldn't be surprised that when they have a session...she doesn't listen to much of what he has to say.

SHP certainly is different.

While most LPGA pros have male fans (except for the lesbian pros).....Namdalla's fans are called the "Attack Girls".

It's hard to see....but "Namdalla" is on the visor/caps of the Attack Girls in this picture.

20170717143939940ngpj.jpg

Oh ya....I can't remember name ....but I believe SHP has another Korean nickname....which means something like...."Shut up and Attack".

David Jones was on In Gee "DUMBO" Chun's bag in 2016 and at the start of the 2017...got fired and then looped for Suzann for a short time...until Sung Hyun fired Colin Cann (he left Paula Creamer) and recruited David Jone's as her current caddie.

Colin Cann is now on In Gee's bag after he was fired by Namdalla.

Her English must be improving. I followed her group a few days at the PGA championship and her caddie was speaking pretty quickly in English to her the entire time and she was speaking back to him. She was so quiet that it was inaudible, so I don't know how fluent she has gotten since 2016.

I think Sung Hyun understands and speaks English....I love how she snubbed the media during her USWO trophy presentation....didn't speak English and only had very short replies to questions asked.

Namdalla hardly looked and acknowledged Diana Murphy when she butchered her name and handed SHP the trophy.

In Korean culture, one bows to an elder, especially one who holds power......and the higher the power...the deeper the bow....SHP basically showed NO respect to Diana Murphy......lol.

Namdalla is great how she doesn't care what others think...while the rest of the Koreans pros are readily available to be nice to all they encounter.

That's a very interesting point. You can really say about her that she truly owns her swing.

She may not speak it very well, but her understanding of the language may be much better.

I think Sung Hyun understands and speaks English....I love how she snubbed the media during her USWO trophy presentation....didn't speak English and only had very short replies to questions asked.

Namdalla hardly looked and acknowledged Diana Murphy when she butchered her name and handed SHP the trophy.

In Korean culture, one bows to an elder, especially one who holds power......and the higher the power...the deeper the bow....SHP basically showed NO respect to Diana Murphy......lol.

Namdalla is great how she doesn't care what others think...while the rest of the Koreans pros are readily available to be nice to all they encounter.

What is with Murphy and her inability to pronounce people's names?

Not entirely, you can tell she still takes time to put makeup on, before and during a round.

I've never seen her put make-up on during the round. If she did it was for the attack girls only.