2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

Hurricane Harvey

Sean2

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got hit by 4 of them in 2004. I truly feel for those in Harvey's path.

Callaway Epic with Fujikura 62s in 45.25 set at 12.5*
Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Callaway X-Hot Pro 20* Hybrid
Callaway Steelhead 4-PW w/KBS 90s
Titleist Vokey 50*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 60-08 M
Tad Moore TM-1 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft

Gonna be a busy next couple of weeks for all first responders within 3 hours of the Texas coast. Glad I'm not working the next three days!

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/52967-thug-hunters-bag/page__hl__thug+hunter"]WITB Link[/url]

Titleist 915 8.5º D3 Rogue Black 70X
Titleist 915F 16.5º Rogue Black 70X
Titleist 816 H2 21º Diamana 70S
Titleist 712 AP2 3-PW S300
Titleist SM6 52º & 58º Jet Black
Odyssey Black Series Tour Design #2 or #8
Under Armour Storm Match Play stand bag (Blue Marker)

This time last week I was golfing in Houston, back home in Scotland but dam poor Gf is still there...

I was there for the 500 year flood last April which only made one day off golf... this will be entirely different....

• Titleist TSR3 9* Ventus Black 6X
  • Taylormade Sim2 15* Tensei White 80TX
  • TM Stealth 2 Iron or Ping i59 3 iron Project X 7.0
  • Artisan MB 4-9 Project X 7.0
  • Artisan 46*, 50* Project X 6.5
  • Artisan  55*, 60* S400
  • Artisan BlueBonnet Carbon 0217

In 2004 the main things that hurt us were the torrential rains that fell for hours and the tornadoes.

I have honestly never seen so much rain in my life. Areas of our city that never flooded did. If memory serves a lot of those areas of Texas are below sea level. Beyond the flood waters there is also going to be the concern of cholera, typhus, mosquito born illnesses, injuries from debris hidden in the water, snakes and other critters coming in contact with people more than usual, sewage system failures and back-up and a loss of hydrant pressure to combat any fires that might get started.

Thoughts and prayers for the Lone Star State. If any state in the Union is up to a rapid recovery they are - not exactly a bright side but still a fact.

Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Titleist Vokey 50*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
Tad Moore TM-1 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft

Lost in all of this is it wasn't all that long ago that the Houston area was in a drought. I visited a friend out there is 2012 or so and the ground outside his house was cracked because of being so dried out. He was telling me that it was the first time in his life (lived there for entire life) that they were under water restrictions.

Now, with all of this rain, cannot help but wonder how hard the ground became during that drought making it even harder for the land to handle the water. With that much rain it would flood no matter what - but soil that is ripe for water will soak it in faster than hard clay, no?

Thoughts and prayers for those going through this ordeal. Cannot even imagine.

Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Titleist Vokey 50*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
Tad Moore TM-1 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft

While myself and family is safe the same can't be said for others. It's pretty bad. All of the school districts surrounding our area have cancelled school for the week. There have been several road collapses creating sinkholes. Lots of people needing rescue. It's hard to comprehend the amount of water coming down.

Mizuno ST Max 230 10.5* - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 15/18 - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 22 - LinQ Blue 75F4

Mizuno JPX 923 Tour 5-P  DG120 S300

Vokey SM9 50/54/60 - DGS200

Mizuno M-Craft II

CSX   

1bdbf6498a3e4dc0386300e6113dd888.jpg

View down my street. So far no water in my house, so I consider myself very fortunate. We're well on our way to 40+" of rain, so hopefully we can get some drainage tonight.

I think I need to take a golf vacation... It'll be a while before the courses here are playable.

"Of all the hazards, fear is the worst" - Sam Snead
WITB: PXG 0311 ~ Ping Anser 4w @16.5 ~ Cobra F6 Baffler @18.5 ~ Titleist T300 4-P ~ Titleist Vokey 48, 54, 58 ~ Cleveland HB 8

View down my street. So far no water in my house, so I consider myself very fortunate. We're well on our way to 40+" of rain, so hopefully we can get some drainage tonight.

I think I need to take a golf vacation... It'll be a while before the courses here are playable.

I hope you're able to stay dry Mych. That SE area is taking a beating.

Mizuno M-Craft II

CSX   

Golf Coast living has it's risks. Used to live in Gulfport, Mississippi, and we loved it down there. Hurricane Georges came and ripped off our carport roof, which was found 2 miles away in a Sam's Club parking lot. I remember being attacked by fire ants while clearing debris from a fallen pine tree. That sucked. Small potatoes compared to the epic flooding in the Houston area, though. We moved a couple years before Katrina hit.

Adams Speedline 9088UL 10.5* AXIVCore 69 Black (S) Ping G SF Tec 3W, 5W Alta 65 (R) Ping G 4H,5H Alta 70 (R) Ping G 6-U TT XP 95 (soft R) Ping Glide 54*, 58* WS TT XP 100 (R) Ping Darby Sigma G

I can't even fathom that much rain....

superficial I know, but how do golf courses rebound from these types of events? I think of places like the Woodlands, Champions, etc.....will they survive? Will they have to shut down and be rebuilt with all that rain and flooding?

About 3 weeks before Harvey we had an afternoon thunderstorm that flooded the course I play pretty good and it was closed for 2 or 3 days after that and the bunkers were a disaster and had to play as GUR for several days after the course re-opened before they got to them all. I'm thinking that many will be closed for a good while.

Mizuno M-Craft II

CSX   

I can't even fathom that much rain....

superficial I know, but how do golf courses rebound from these types of events? I think of places like the Woodlands, Champions, etc.....will they survive? Will they have to shut down and be rebuilt with all that rain and flooding?

About 3 weeks before Harvey we had an afternoon thunderstorm that flooded the course I play pretty good and it was closed for 2 or 3 days after that and the bunkers were a disaster and had to play as GUR for several days after the course re-opened before they got to them all. I'm thinking that many will be closed for a good while.

We had a bad storm with flash flooding here a couple years ago (not as bad as this one). Some courses opened relatively quickly, a couple had to make extensive repairs to the pro shops, flooded carts, dead greens, damaged trees, etc. I think there were 2 or 3 struggling courses that decided to close and sell the land rather than putting the money back in to rebuild.

This course ("The Wilderness", Lake Jackson, TX) was closed for a while before, and they're going to be in similar condition this time. de2eec953de7203d1e6038623d1b1bd0.jpg

"Of all the hazards, fear is the worst" - Sam Snead
WITB: PXG 0311 ~ Ping Anser 4w @16.5 ~ Cobra F6 Baffler @18.5 ~ Titleist T300 4-P ~ Titleist Vokey 48, 54, 58 ~ Cleveland HB 8

Those of you in Texas should really be proud of the response there.

Neighbors coming together and performing heroic rescues. Coordinated efforts rapidly coming together to get the work done. Egos being set aside - no differences; everyone of one mind.

It's the way things are supposed to be.

While I am saddened seeing the incredible devastation I am also given reason to have great hope for this nation for it is when we truly need each other that Americans manage to completely forget about all other unimportant things and we show that are all in this together.

That's what I see in those images; Texans showing the rest of the nation how love, empathy and compassion for one-another is supposed to work. As a First Responder I cannot stress how difficult what those amazing (resilient) people are doing right now. Not remotely possible without a big team effort.

All of Texas remains in my thoughts and prayers.

Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Titleist Vokey 50*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
Tad Moore TM-1 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft

Prayers for Texas I once lived in Houston member of Hearhstone CC, great people great State!

Signature of Solon CC

Ping g430 10k 9 Accra fx 3.0 140 m0

TM Qi10 max 16 

Titleist 917 18 Kk proto

Titleist Tsr1 4 hybrid Accra fx 2.0 

Titleist t300 5-Pw Matrix Red proto moi matched 

Wilson Staff zm 50 recoil dart v

Wilson staff zm 56 recoil dart v

Vokey Wedge Works Raw 60K DG S400 Black Onyx

L.A.B. Mezz Max Blue Head Tpt shaft 34/71

I hope you're able to stay dry Mych. That SE area is taking a beating.

We have friends in Richmond and there's about 6 inches of water in their house. We got steady rain in Austin, but escaped any significant flooding.

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/52967-thug-hunters-bag/page__hl__thug+hunter"]WITB Link[/url]

Titleist 915 8.5º D3 Rogue Black 70X
Titleist 915F 16.5º Rogue Black 70X
Titleist 816 H2 21º Diamana 70S
Titleist 712 AP2 3-PW S300
Titleist SM6 52º & 58º Jet Black
Odyssey Black Series Tour Design #2 or #8
Under Armour Storm Match Play stand bag (Blue Marker)

We had some floods earlier in the year here that displaced people and destroyed homes, but it was mostly confined to two areas and while it was tragic if you were affected, it was a small amount of people. Some members of my family lost their homes and 4 months later there's no relief. It was a big deal around here

But that's just to say, what happened here pales in comparison to what is going on in Houston, the amount of people, the scale etc....

I cant imagine the long term effects this will have and wish everyone there the best, just horrible to see these things happen

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Srixon ZX 19h w/PX hzrdus Red 80

Mizuno MP241 4-PW w/KBS Ctaper LITE

Mizuno MP24 52 w/KBS Ctaper LITE

Cleveland RTX6 60/10--Spinner

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Those of you in Texas should really be proud of the response there.

Neighbors coming together and performing heroic rescues. Coordinated efforts rapidly coming together to get the work done. Egos being set aside - no differences; everyone of one mind.

It's the way things are supposed to be.

While I am saddened seeing the incredible devastation I am also given reason to have great hope for this nation for it is when we truly need each other that Americans manage to completely forget about all other unimportant things and we show that are all in this together.

That's what I see in those images; Texans showing the rest of the nation how love, empathy and compassion for one-another is supposed to work. As a First Responder I cannot stress how difficult what those amazing (resilient) people are doing right now. Not remotely possible without a big team effort.

All of Texas remains in my thoughts and prayers.

This x 1000! I live in North Austin (born and raised) and we received around 10 inches of rain and were very fortunate. It makes me sick to my stomach seeing all of my fellow Texans going through such devastation.

Echoing what Medic said, even though these are hard times and there are so many people affected at the moment, I can truly say I am honored to be an American and honored to be a Texan. Our Lt Governor, Dan Patrick said it the best yesterday. "Right now, there is no Republicans or Democrats, there is EVERYBODY helping EVERYBODY." Given the political landscape of the nation, I hope this is what people can see.

My wife and I are planning a trip down to either the Texas coast or the Houston area in a few weeks with a volunteer group to help our fellow Texans in need. This will be a long and grueling recovery, but Texans are strong and resilient, this damn hurricane can't do anything to shake our spirits and love for our country, state and residents.

To all the first responders in Texas and around the country. Thank you for everything you do, your dedication and passion for helping is incredible!