2024 The Memorial Tournament WITB Pics & New Titleist GT woods ×

VOTE NOW: What are your top-3 Tiger Woods moments?

atursky

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's hard to pick just three...

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

I chose all 3 Master's moments. Probably put the 2008 US Open just behind.

1997 - utter domination, and heralded the dawn of a new era of distance and aggression

2005 - just because it is that shot, and still gives me goose bumps watching it on YouTube today

2001 - Tiger Slam - as historic as the 97 debut. Unlikely to ever be done again in many of our lifetimes.

[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Srixon z565 Speeder 569 Evo IV SR[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]TaylorMade RBZ 3 wood, [/size][/font][/color][color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Matrix Ozik R[/size][/font][/color]
[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#a4a4a4"][size=2]Srixon U65 2 iron, Miyazaki S[/size][/color][/font]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Cobra F6 Hybrid 22 degrees RedTie S[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Srixon z945 5-pw w/ DG s200[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Miura Y 51 and K 56 DG Spinner, Yururi Raw 61 KBS [/size][/font][/color][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#a4a4a4][size=2]HiRev[/size][/color][/font]
[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#a4a4a4"][size=2]Odyssey O-Works Black 34"[/size][/color][/font]

I just don't get it with all the stone throwers. My Mom and Dad taught me if you don't have something nice to say about someone than don't say nothing at all. Have some class Golfwrx'rs. This guy changed the game. I was fortunate enough to witness all of it. Even if his career ended today he's still #2 all time golf history to most who are objective and to some he's #1. If I were to pick only one have to say setting US Open record back in 2000 winning by 15 strokes while 2nd best score was +3 by Els and Jimenez. No one else in the ENTIRE field under par, ONLY Tiger at -12. THINK ABOUT IT! Tiger was still using steel shafts in Driver and his woods and just switched to a 2 piece golf ball by Nike only a month earlier.

you get judged by the totality of your life.

If that's true then tiger is good to go compared to most. You have zero clue what he's done behind closed doors. But several instances have came to light much after the fact and it suggests he gives quite regularly to help children personally in certain cases.

I'm from So Cal and have family that went to school with woods and knew his dad. They have had experiences with him and his dad. They weren't saints. I was in Palm Springs when they had the skins game there, and tiger tried to pick up a friends girlfriend. I live in Vegas, and know many people in the service industry who don't have many nice things to say about tiger, such as being a horrible tipper. And anybody who has more money than they know what to do with, doesn't give to children or set up foundations is stupid, it's a no brainer. I know you won't believe what I said, but I believe I have had a small look into what tiger might be like, and I didn't even mention the major screw ups that were big news.

good grief Charlie Brown

Send me your address, I want to send you some soap, so you know you can wash his, you know......

I chose all 3 Master's moments. Probably put the 2008 US Open just behind.

1997 - utter domination, and heralded the dawn of a new era of distance and aggression

2005 - just because it is that shot, and still gives me goose bumps watching it on YouTube today

2001 - Tiger Slam - as historic as the 97 debut. Unlikely to ever be done again in many of our lifetimes.

I could have easily gone with those three.

Twitter: @Ed_Settle        My WITB
Driver:           Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 9.0 +2 GD Tour AD HD 6X
Fairway:        Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 3W/15*  Tensei Wht AV 70S

Utility W:         Callaway UW 19* HZRDUS Black RDX 6.0 S
Hybrid:          Callaway Apex Pro 4/21* KBS Hybrid 85S

Irons:             Callaway X Forged Star 5-PW Modus 105 S
Wedges:       Callaway Jaws Raw 48S/53W/58Z DG S200 
Putter:           2022 Toulon Design Small Batch Austin 34" 

Ball:               2022 Callaway CSX LS
Bag:               VESSEL Blk Lux Cart Bag 14 way   

I just don't get it with all the stone throwers. My Mom and Dad taught me if you don't have something nice to say about someone than don't say nothing at all. Have some class Golfwrx'rs. This guy changed the game. I was fortunate enough to witness all of it. Even if his career ended today he's still #2 all time golf history to most who are objective and to some he's #1. If I were to pick only one have to say setting US Open record back in 2000 winning by 15 strokes while 2nd best score was +3 by Els and Jimenez. No one else in the ENTIRE field under par, ONLY Tiger at -12. THINK ABOUT IT! Tiger was still using steel shafts in Driver and his woods and just switched to a 2 piece golf ball by Nike only a month earlier.

If that's true then tiger is good to go compared to most. You have zero clue what he's done behind closed doors. But several instances have came to light much after the fact and it suggests he gives quite regularly to help children personally in certain cases.

I'm from So Cal and have family that went to school with woods and knew his dad. They have had experiences with him and his dad. They weren't saints. I was in Palm Springs when they had the skins game there, and tiger tried to pick up a friends girlfriend. I live in Vegas, and know many people in the service industry who don't have many nice things to say about tiger, such as being a horrible tipper. And anybody who has more money than they know what to do with, doesn't give to children or set up foundations is stupid, it's a no brainer. I know you won't believe what I said, but I believe I have had a small look into what tiger might be like, and I didn't even mention the major screw ups that were big news.

But he can't be as evil as

Zach Johnson?!!

13104.jpg

Well, his life is far from total, sooooo.........

R11S 8* square; Stock stiff
Maltby KE4 14* 3w , Axe Excaliber R flex tipped 1"
RBZ 25* hb; RBZstage 2 19* hb
Mizuno MP30 5 - PW, AXE Excaliber stiff, Hogan Apex PC E Wedge (50*) TT DG s300
GM Never Compromise GM2 putter
54*, 58* TM TP wedges 3* flat

1. Escalade vs 8 iron

2. Mercedes Benz cat nap

3. Completion of sexual addiction program in a Mississippi rehab center.

lol. That was my first thought too. SUCH a softball set up for a topic, SUCH obvious low hanging fruit. SO many people who have a hard time taking a joke.

Anyway....

Hoylake after his dad died really needs to be on the list. Maybe winning the third US Am in a row should be too?

As impressive as winning by a million in the '97 Master and '00 US Open were, something about the four days he put together at Hoylake resonates more with me as his most complete tournament win. Compared to '97/'00 he had a lot more scar tissue by then, had been through a swing/instructor change, had lost the world #1 ranking for a while, and obviously the declining health and then death of his father. The clinic he put on there--not just ball striking but total ball control and course management and conditions based golf--for me those four days at Hoylake were as impressive a tournament as he's ever played.

1) 2000 U.S. Open

2) 1997 Masters

3) 2001 Masters/Tiger Slam

Probably the 3 most definitive examples of just how dominant TW was. The margins of victory over the field in those two majors and the fact that no other player has ever been in the position to win 4 consecutive majors (by winning 3 straight**), let alone pull it off, are unequivocal.

The 2005 Masters chip is completely overrated... DL3 did the same thing years before, although it wasn't on the 70th hole of the tournament while in contention, but still not a stupendous feat by any means. Plus many people forget that TW went on to finish bogey-bogey to find himself in a playoff. For a guy who made his name on sealing 54-hole leads in majors, he came dangerously close to punting this one as Dimarco shot a solid 68 to TW's 71 on Sunday.

My favorite moment was the Firestone "shot in the dark". Granted, I am an Ohio boy but that is one of the coolest shot sequences to watch on video with all the ensuing camera flashes.

** Hogan in 1953 doesn't count IMO since the dates for the British Open and the PGA Championship conflicted.

LOL

Judged by who? Don't give me that St. Peter nonsense. Unless you mean some dork on WRX.

I still remember the '96 Amateur at Pumpkin Ridge like it was yesterday, I still have it recorded on VHS. Steve Scott was his opponent who surprisingly never went anywhere further than the Buy.com or Canadian tours. The 2008 US Open was crazy but I believe it was the Friday when he made two eagles on the back and chipped in on 17 to me was crazier than what happened later. That was flat ridiculous.

Standing inside the ropes on the range in 2008 at Torrey.... Fifteen feet from TW and he was crushing the ball, never heard a club/ball contact like that before or since!

Did you see this shot at 16:15?

This is the setup for the insane eagle putt at 13 on Sat.

Johnnie said,

"And this eagle if he were to somehow get it, I think could change somehow change the whole championship, I really do, this could be the one"

And Johnnie was right.

16:15 is the approach and we all know the putt,

Did you see it in person?

Standing inside the ropes on the range in 2008 at Torrey.... Fifteen feet from TW and he was crushing the ball, never heard a club/ball contact like that before or since!

Johnnie said,

"And this eagle if he were to somehow get it, I think could change somehow change the whole championship, I really do, this could be the one"

And Johnnie was right.

Taking nothing away from an awesome shot, but if a I had a nickel for every time Johnny said "this is that shot that could change the championship" (about any number of shots and sooner or later a good one happens!) . . .

Johnnie said,

And Johnnie was right.

Taking nothing away from an awesome shot, but if a I had a nickel for every time Johnny said "this is that shot that could change the championship" (about any number of shots and sooner or later a good one happens!) . . .

So, then at 30:00. Eagle approach.

Listen to the crowd as this lands. Its not a "golf" cheer. It got the depth of intensity you hear in a Superbowl, a World Series.

*This* is the best to ever play the game.

And the fans know it.

Does he make the eagle putt?

It Tiger ; )

OP, I gave you a like if for nothing else, I just spent an hour on youtube watching some I didn't remember, and rewatching some I did.

I love golf. I love Tiger. Can't understand how anyone can feel the first, and not the latter.

Cynicism, some of these dudes be drinking it like their morning coffee. ;)

In the Hoofer

Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke 🔹🔹🔹 9.0° | Fujikura Ventus Blue 6-X
TaylorMade Stealth Plus 15° | Fujikura Ventus Blue 7-X
TaylorMade SIM2 Ti 19° | Fujikura Ventus Blue 7-X

Mizuno Pro 225 4i | KBS C-Taper Lite 110 S

Mizuno Pro 223 5i, Pro 221 6-PW | Project X Rifle 6.0

Titleist Vokey SM9 52°, 56°, 60° | Project X Rifle 6.0

Piretti Teramo Oil Can
Titleist ProV1

A lot of troll non sense as expected. Easy bait

I'll give REAL top 3 moments. As said you can't pick 3 he had too many incredible shots. These are some personal favs

1. 3w huge cut around the trees at bethpage, psychotic ball flight and got it to stop

2. Flop shot make at memorial on Sunday when rickie was in group

3. This.

If it is this one I second the motion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rd3HxbVRGYA

PING G400 MAX, Tour AD-DI
PING G400 SFT 3W, Tour AD-DI
PING G400 7W, Tour AD-BB
Mizuno MP-20 HMB 4-PW, Modus 120
Mizuno T-20 52, 56, 60, DG Tour Isssue
TM Spider CS
Titleist Pro V1x

HOW ABOUT WHEN HE WINS THE 2018 MASTERS!!!!!

Mavrik 9* set -1 w/ Ventus Black 6tx

Mavrik SZ 15 w/ Rouge 80x tipped 1"

Miz H4 2 iron ctaper 130x

TM TP MB 06' PX 7.0 4-pw

TM Hi-Toe 52* c taper 130x

Miz T22 Raw 56* KBS 130x

Miz T22 Raw 60* KBS 130x

Odyssey Metal X Milled #1  34"

-Prov1x left dash