2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

paige spiranac sports illustrated swim suit

QuigleyDU

https://americancent...paige-spiranac/

Some might find this to be of interest

Not sure how playing in a celebrity tournament last year and finishing behind known PGA /LPGA tour veterans single digit index recreation golfers like Mike Modano, Aaron Rodgers and others, and finishing marginally ahead of a soap actor helps her case.

GEEZ.....did you read the entire article or just breeze to your "proof"?

It was her history, written in that article....I was hoping people might notice...

Yes I read it and barring the Cactus Tour reference it's all 2011 or earlier. Her bio appears to point to a multi-sport athletic kid, which is good no doubt, but surely it's a pedigree shared by 1000s upon 1000s of others.

Apologies if I skipped past commenting on it previously and referred to solely the tourney itself.

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’m not asking you to take my word on anything, just stating the obvious facts. Send me the link to one of your professionally accredited writers who compares her to John Daly... ill wait

Well, since I never said that any accredited writers compared her to Daly, that might be difficult.

But it does point to your proclivity to reading only what you wish to see........

I take full responsibility to the comparison. I'm sorry it misses the mark for you, but I'm not really surprised

R11S 8* square; Stock stiff
Maltby KE4 14* 3w , Axe Excaliber R flex tipped 1"
RBZ 25* hb; RBZstage 2 19* hb
Mizuno MP30 5 - PW, AXE Excaliber stiff, Hogan Apex PC E Wedge (50*) TT DG s300
GM Never Compromise GM2 putter
54*, 58* TM TP wedges 3* flat

That little thing about the 2 majors is kinda a big difference. Just kinda.

And yet in the threads that malign him, those same two majors are too often seen a product of luck.........

Ok for the sake of conversation we’ll chalk those 2 majors up as luck... he also won 3 more times on the PGA tour and many more wins on the smaller tours... Paige cant even sniff a cut or gaining status on the LPGA. Are we done yet? You cant be serious I must be falling for some sort of trolling prank here even responding to such nonsense.

Only on this ever increasingly unhappy site would anyone suggest that because Paige Spirinac is at best a journeyman level touring pro that she really is not a professional golfer. Golf Digest, Golf Magazine, The Golf channel and the golf industry at large all seem to think that she is indeed a professional.

Yet that does not deter some of you who I suppose know better than any of the real authorities in this matter, does it? When faced with the facts you deny and call your detractors on here laughable trolls who can't see your truth. Well, your alternate truth is embedded in a bias so deep that you are completely unable to see the reality of things. But trust me on this one thing. If Spirinac wasn't beautiful and willing to a at least in part, capitalise on it, most of you would be more than willing to at least grudgingly admit that she really is a golf professional. The fact that she hasn't won two majors and 3 other tournaments does not make the comparison between her and Daly unreasonable They are both professionals who are vilified by too many on here for lifestyle choices that you find repugnantly laughable Anyone who dares to suggest that those activities are really none of our business and do not accurately depict these people as they truly are, is met with the very same curled lip responses that you direct at the subject of this friendly conversation.

I am taking a great deal of heat here for defending an individual against unwarranted attacks on her character as a person that is using her background as a professional golfer to earn a decent living in another field.

It says much about us all, doesn't it?

Calling her "at best a journeyman level touring pro" requires a lot of imagination. In fact, it's laughable.

I’m not asking you to take my word on anything, just stating the obvious facts. Send me the link to one of your professionally accredited writers who compares her to John Daly... ill wait

Well, since I never said that any accredited writers compared her to Daly, that might be difficult.

But it does point to your proclivity to reading only what you wish to see........

I take full responsibility to the comparison. I'm sorry it misses the mark for you, but I'm not really surprised

So who did say it, well besides you?

"John Daly received many exemptions into events, which upset a lot of small minded people as well. "

So when were people angry? Before or after two majors? When did their career accomplishments diverge?

Your comparison is still ridiculous, I mean crazy, off the reservation ridiculous. You don't have a choice about taking responsibility because you DID say it and it sounds just as dumb now as it did then. It misses the mark for EVERYONE except you. Surely you see the problem here.

this girls dosent have the game to play professional golf so she is using her looks to get ahead in life . What is the big deal ?? I say god bless and good look . Its no diffrent than the girls who do side line reporting , host the sports shows we watch every day . Are they any more knowledgeable than me ?? The answer is NO but they are alot nicer to look at . News anchors , wearher girls , bartenders. If your good looking and use it to yur advantage you will get better opportunities . Lets accept it and move on

Good luck paige

this girls dosent have the game to play professional golf so she is using her looks to get ahead in life . What is the big deal ?? I say god bless and good look . Its no diffrent than the girls who do side line reporting , host the sports shows we watch every day . Are they any more knowledgeable than me ?? The answer is NO but they are alot nicer to look at . News anchors , wearher girls , bartenders. If your good looking and use it to yur advantage you will get better opportunities . Lets accept it and move on

Good luck paige

So many things wrong with this statement.

She is being disingenuous about her "Golf" status. On the one hand she says she is a "Professional Golfer" on her Instagram page, and on the other, she doesn't want to do that for a living. Huh? You say she doesn't have Game to play Golf, yet "Professional Golfer" has been thrown around a great deal on this thread. She is telling girls that she is on an empowering campaign and using only her sex appeal to market that campaign, which is not what I want my daughters to learn. She claims she is on an "Anti-Bullying" campaign, yet doesn't know what the difference between constructive criticism and actual "bullying" is.

I hate to tell you, but News Anchors, as good looking as they may seem, tend to have a college degree in something pertaining to that line of work. Same with meteorologists on TV. Funny how you think you know as much as them. I assume you don't have any college degree pertaining to that industry do you?

I have no problem with Paige as a person at all. I do have a problem with her not knowing what she's about. She doesn't. Did you read the interview she gave? It's a hot mess. Like I said before, know your brand and own it. She does not. And once again, you put yourself in the public eye like she has, be prepared to deal with it. She has not. This is not the message to send to "empower" young women. The message she is sending is that sex sells. Which it does. And that's okay. But be real about it.

Good luck paige

Did you read any posts in this thread? I'm guessing no, to come up with more off the mark analogies.

What you are talking about is exactly what folks in this thread are saying - she should own up to "using her looks to get ahead in life". I'm sure everyone would agree with you if that was the case :)

It isn't. She doesn't do that, she transparently and embarrassingly tries to latch onto other things to provide some legitimacy she apparently craves but definitely doesn't have.

Have fun taking selfies and hitting some golfballs and carve out that instagram pic-chick niche; however, calling people haters if they were to question that she "does more" than any other "professional" golfer or any of the other claims she makes? Erm, no.

Anyways, yes, time to move on :hi:

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

Paige was a top HS golf recruit. She went to college and played golf.

She joined instagram

Poof.....

There was enormous interest in her and the media picked up on it.

She was asked to be on the cover of Golf Digest

She was asked to be in SI

What is she doing wrong exactly? Did she outsmart Gold Digest, Sports Illustrated, and the world media, that is constantly running stories about her, with her "misrepresentations"?

If you have a problem with her main stream media fame. Don't blame her. Blame the media/society at large.

If you have a problem with her main stream media fame. Don't blame her. Blame the media/society at large.

I don't blame anyone for anything. I am speaking out on the issues I see that she has with her media blitz, which I think are legitimate. Do you find that these media sensations are untouchable? As I said, you put yourself out there, like she has, you better be prepared for an onslaught. And she is woefully unprepared, which makes this media blitz even worse.

She joined instagram

Poof.....

What is she doing wrong exactly? Did she outsmart Gold Digest, Sports Illustrated, and the world media, that is constantly running stories about her, with her "misrepresentations"?

Ok, so back again, lol.

Eesh, more generalizations and obtuseness (deliberate or otherwise) from someone who hasn't read the thread or cannot follow an argument.

No one is begrudging her the ability to make a living as a social media starlet; many people do these days. But as JerseyBoy says, if you do make that your 'career' (apologies for that reference previous poster ;)) and people poke holes in how you are trying to prop it up, don't cry bully, address those holes or change tact.

And I don't think the "global media" gives a toss or are constantly running stories, it's just some bored folks on the interweb with a golfing interest, like us, and some hub-bub around SI and her recent turn as the starter for a Euro Event, at a course she says she won't actually play at anymore. As far as misrepresentations, we can only go one what someone says and does and make our own conclusions based on it.

F.T.

I don't blame anyone for anything. I am speaking out on the issues I see that she has with her media blitz, which I think are legitimate. Do you find that these media sensations are untouchable? As I said, you put yourself out there, like she has, you better be prepared for an onslaught. And she is woefully unprepared, which makes this media blitz even worse.

Celebrities and Politicians have been botching media communications for decades. And *they* have a lot more experience, PR firms, etc.

She is a 24 year old who made an instagram account a couple of years ago and literally woke up famous.

Not sure what you mean by "worse"

Doesn't seem like things could be going any better for her.

Here, now Travel & Leisure want a piece of the Paige train. Pretty savvy of her to mention a sponsor, maybe she is getting some media coaching ; )

http://www.traveland...-swimsuit-aruba

T+L: What's your go-to day-to-night sneaker?

P.S.: My clothing sponsor, Descente, makes really cool shoes — they look good enough that you can wear them out — they come in really cool funky colors too, so if I'm wearing just a basic outfit I can add a pair of orange shoes to make it fun.

Celebrities and Politicians have been botching media communications for decades. And *they* have a lot more experience, PR firms, etc.

She is a 24 year old who made an instagram account a couple of years ago and literally woke up famous.

Not sure what you mean by "worse"

Doesn't seem like things could be going any better for her.

Here, now Travel & Leisure want a piece of the Paige train. Pretty savvy of her to mention a sponsor, maybe she is getting some media coaching ; )

http://www.traveland...-swimsuit-aruba

T+L: What's your go-to day-to-night sneaker?

P.S.: My clothing sponsor, Descente, makes really cool shoes — they look good enough that you can wear them out — they come in really cool funky colors too, so if I'm wearing just a basic outfit I can add a pair of orange shoes to make it fun.

sounds like she could write for the J.PETERMAN catalog :)

She joined instagram

Poof.....

Ok, so back again, lol.

Eesh, more generalizations and obtuseness (deliberate or otherwise) from someone who hasn't read the thread or cannot follow an argument.

No one is begrudging her the ability to make a living as a social media starlet; many people do these days. But as JerseyBoy says, if you do make that your 'career' (apologies for that reference previous poster ;)) and people poke holes in how you are trying to prop it up, don't cry bully, address those holes or change tact.

And I don't think the "global media" gives a toss or are constantly running stories, it's just some bored folks on the interweb with a golfing interest, like us, and some hub-bub around SI and her recent turn as the starter for a Euro Event, at a course she says she won't actually play at anymore. As far as misrepresentations, we can only go one what someone says and does and make our own conclusions based on it.

Why would she change anything?

Here is Golf Digest with the Paige Spirinac workout videos.

https://video.golfdi...-paige-spiranac

If Golf Digest has her on the cover and features her, how is she being deceptive about being a golfer? She has the college golf pedigree, and endorsement contract from the same cluib sponsor as Lydia Ko and Zach Johnson.

Good luck paige

So many things wrong with this statement.

She is being disingenuous about her "Golf" status. On the one hand she says she is a "Professional Golfer" on her Instagram page, and on the other, she doesn't want to do that for a living. Huh? You say she doesn't have Game to play Golf, yet "Professional Golfer" has been thrown around a great deal on this thread. She is telling girls that she is on an empowering campaign and using only her sex appeal to market that campaign, which is not what I want my daughters to learn. She claims she is on an "Anti-Bullying" campaign, yet doesn't know what the difference between constructive criticism and actual "bullying" is.

I hate to tell you, but News Anchors, as good looking as they may seem, tend to have a college degree in something pertaining to that line of work. Same with meteorologists on TV. Funny how you think you know as much as them. I assume you don't have any college degree pertaining to that industry do you?

I have no problem with Paige as a person at all. I do have a problem with her not knowing what she's about. She doesn't. Did you read the interview she gave? It's a hot mess. Like I said before, know your brand and own it. She does not. And once again, you put yourself in the public eye like she has, be prepared to deal with it. She has not. This is not the message to send to "empower" young women. The message she is sending is that sex sells. Which it does. And that's okay. But be real about it.

If that is the case, it certainly isn't anything new or original. Sex has been selling for ages. And, as long as the male of the species is around, it will probably continue to do so.

If that is the case, it certainly isn't anything new or original. Sex has been selling for ages. And, as long as the male of the species is around, it will probably continue to do so.

Did you actually read what I wrote? I said there was nothing wrong with, but don't dress it up like something else.

Honestly, people need to actually read what people write, instead of read into what they think was written.

If Golf Digest has her on the cover and features her, how is she being deceptive about being a golfer? She has the college golf pedigree, and endorsement contract from the same cluib sponsor as Lydia Ko and Zach Johnson.

Because fame is fleeting. I hope she is much better with her business management than with her image. Once these opportunities dry up and she is no longer young and beautiful, hopefully she was wise with where her money was placed. Given her most recent interview, I'm not sure that is the case.

And once again, if she has a message, she needs to stick to it. She's isn't. And the more she exposes herself to scrutiny, the worse it's going to get for her. Especially since she doesn't seem to have a good way of addressing these issues when confronted with them.

Don't forget that SHE is the one talking about empowering women and her anti-bullying campaign. "Empowering women" by selling your body in a bikini? Nope. Taking a stab at anyone who criticizes her, calling them a "bully"? Strike 2. "I'm a Professional Golfer, but don't want to play Golf for a living." Strike 3. It's actually rather daft if you think about it. This is NOT a person I would tell my daughters to emulate nor listen to.

She joined instagram

Poof.....

Ok, so back again, lol.

Alice Cooper used to endorse Callaway ;)

I concede she has a college golf career in her past and seems to have been a multi-sport dynamo in her youth, absolutely, that's well cool. But so have lots of people.

She has also stated she is stopping playing to focus on other things; if you are not playing tourneys, teaching, or running a pro shop, I think leading with 'pro golfer' isn't really on - especially when you are going to say you do more (in the context of public service) than any other professional golfer; she literally said that. That beggars belief on so many levels.

Really in doesn't matter who we're talking about - it happens to be about Paige because someone started a thread on GolfWRX, we could easily pick some other public figure - it's a fairly simple argument about someone trying to match what they do with what they say and observing the incongruity between the two.

I really do not see how sensible, neutral people cannot see how they do not match up, but there you go.

Also I appreciate your follow up reply and apologize if I was overly d1ckish, by referring to your previous post as deliberately obtuse.

F.T.

Did you actually read what I wrote? I said there was nothing wrong with, but don't dress it up like something else.

Honestly, people need to actually read what people write, instead of read into what they think was written.

Seems to me that I have been asking you to read and interpret properly, yet you refuse. Ask not of others that which you cannot yourself provide.

I have been reading you all along. You saying that there is nothing wrong with what Paige is doing is simply an appeasement. You don't believe it for a second. That is perfectly clear in everything you have written. And I have read it all.

Seems to me that I have been asking you to read and interpret properly, yet you refuse. Ask not of others that which you cannot yourself provide.

I have been reading you all along. You saying that there is nothing wrong with what Paige is doing is simply an appeasement. You don't believe it for a second. That is perfectly clear in everything you have written. And I have read it all.

"Interpret properly"? What does that even mean?

I am asking people not to interpret. You are making no sense.

As I've said, I have no problem with Paige as a person. I have a problem with what she says and how ridiculous it is for anyone to actually believe it. READ. Don't interpret.

She joined instagram

Poof.....

Ok, so back again, lol.

Alice Cooper used to endorse Callaway ;)

I concede she has a college golf career in her past and seems to have been a multi-sport dynamo in her youth, absolutely, that's well cool. But so have lots of people.

She has also stated she is stopping playing to focus on other things; if you are not playing tourneys, teaching, or running a pro shop, I think leading with 'pro golfer' isn't really on - especially when you are going to say you do more (in the context of public service) than any other professional golfer; she literally said that. That beggars belief on so many levels.

Really in doesn't matter who we're talking about - it happens to be about Paige because someone started a thread on GolfWRX, we could easily pick some other public figure - it's a fairly simple argument about someone trying to match what they do with what they say and observing the incongruity between the two.

I really do not see how sensible, neutral people cannot see how they do not match up, but there you go.

Also I appreciate your follow up reply and apologize if I was overly d1ckish, by referring to your previous post as deliberately obtuse.

Sensible neutral people are sensible. They see reality. Those who argue senselessly against sensible neutrality, see only what they want to see.

"Interpret properly"? What does that even mean?

I am asking people not to interpret. You are making no sense.

As I've said, I have no problem with Paige as a person. I have a problem with what she says and how ridiculous it is for anyone to actually believe it. READ. Don't interpret.

I read you loud and clear. There is never any need to interpret you. Unless you throw out a small olive branch expecting us to believe you don't have any problem with Paige.

Clearly, you do. Your own read but uninterpreted words clearly prove it.

Because fame is fleeting. I hope she is much better with her business management than with her image. Once these opportunities dry up and she is no longer young and beautiful, hopefully she was wise with where her money was placed. Given her most recent interview, I'm not sure that is the case.

And once again, if she has a message, she needs to stick to it. She's isn't. And the more she exposes herself to scrutiny, the worse it's going to get for her. Especially since she doesn't seem to have a good way of addressing these issues when confronted with them.

Don't forget that SHE is the one talking about empowering women and her anti-bullying campaign. "Empowering women" by selling your body in a bikini? Nope. Taking a stab at anyone who criticizes her, calling them a "bully"? Strike 2. "I'm a Professional Golfer, but don't want to play Golf for a living." Strike 3. It's actually rather daft if you think about it. This is NOT a person I would tell my daughters to emulate nor listen to.

Here is her full statement for on bullying and being empowered. For context>

http://ftw.usatoday....trated-swimsuit

[stopping] cyber-bullying is a big passion of mine and I talk about it all the time. I’ve had a pretty rocky road to where I am today and I have always struggled with feeling confident and with loving myself because every time I wear something that is a little tighter or a little low cut or I’m just feeling a little sexy that day, I’m always cut down or called names. It’s really hurtful stuff, it’s things I can’t even repeat. It’s tough and my parents have always raised me to be a strong and independent woman who can make her own choices, and that comes with what I wear.

I know that maybe what I wear is not for everyone and that’s OK. I think we need to come to a point where a woman has the right to modest if she wants to be or she can be nude if she wants. I don’t think it’s a reflection on someone’s character. I think we should be supportive of whatever a woman chooses to wear. That’s what’s so exciting about being in this issue.

I talk about cyberbullying and people always cut me down because they say ‘yeah, you are getting cyberbullied because you wear provocative clothing.’ And they don’t see how backward that is.

So to be in this issue where I’m going to be wearing nearly nothing, maybe a piece of fabric, [sends a message] I’m empowered, I love my body. I’m proud of the person I am and I can still talk about cyberbullying and be a positive influence in a young girl’s or boy’s life. And I can still make a difference. I think that’s really cool and I think that’s the message that SI‘s trying to push: That women can love their bodies and be who they want to be and it’s really cool to be surrounded by that.

Sensible neutral people are sensible. They see reality. Those who argue senselessly against sensible neutrality, see only what they want to see.

We didn't need you to describe yourself, it's plain for all of us to see, but thanks anyways.

F.T.

I read you loud and clear. There is never any need to interpret you. Unless you throw out a small olive branch expecting us to believe you don't have any problem with Paige.

Clearly, you do. Your own read but uninterpreted words clearly prove it.

LOL, "olive branch"? Clearly you "misinterpret" me as someone who needs your or anyone's approval for what I say and do. Believe what you will about me or anything else. It makes absolutely no difference to me whatsoever.

Here is her full statement for on bullying and being empowered. For context>

http://ftw.usatoday....trated-swimsuit

[stopping] cyber-bullying is a big passion of mine and I talk about it all the time. I’ve had a pretty rocky road to where I am today and I have always struggled with feeling confident and with loving myself because every time I wear something that is a little tighter or a little low cut or I’m just feeling a little sexy that day, I’m always cut down or called names. It’s really hurtful stuff, it’s things I can’t even repeat. It’s tough and my parents have always raised me to be a strong and independent woman who can make her own choices, and that comes with what I wear.

I know that maybe what I wear is not for everyone and that’s OK. I think we need to come to a point where a woman has the right to modest if she wants to be or she can be nude if she wants. I don’t think it’s a reflection on someone’s character. I think we should be supportive of whatever a woman chooses to wear. That’s what’s so exciting about being in this issue.

I talk about cyberbullying and people always cut me down because they say ‘yeah, you are getting cyberbullied because you wear provocative clothing.’ And they don’t see how backward that is.

So to be in this issue where I’m going to be wearing nearly nothing, maybe a piece of fabric, [sends a message] I’m empowered, I love my body. I’m proud of the person I am and I can still talk about cyberbullying and be a positive influence in a young girl’s or boy’s life. And I can still make a difference. I think that’s really cool and I think that’s the message that SI‘s trying to push: That women can love their bodies and be who they want to be and it’s really cool to be surrounded by that.

I'm curious if you believe that a women objectifying herself in a sexual manner is empowering to her? Is that how women should strive for empowerment? Through their sexuality?

She can do whatever she wants. I couldn't care less. Until she claims to be a whatever it is she claims to be, and not what she actually is.

A beautiful model making money on her looks. That's all it is. More power to her. I certainly couldn't do that. As a father of daughters, I would not consider her someone to look up, or consider her a spokesperson for "empowerment" to my girls. Not by a long shot. Mostly because of how fleeting what she is doing really is. When her 15 minutes are up, she will be left with nothing, unless she is much smarter with how she is portraying herself.