paige spiranac sports illustrated swim suit

QuigleyDU

She is recognised in the industry as a golf professional. Ergo, she is a professional golfer.

Who in the industry exactly? PXG? I can tell you that it ruffled A LOT of feathers when she got those exemptions. Ask Lexi Thompson if she considers Paige a pro Golfer.

I practiced Martial Arts for 8 years. Martial Arts is about discipline. Which is why I don't put that on a resume.

John Daly received many exemptions into events, which upset a lot of small minded people as well. Yet, he is still a professional golfer, regardless your thoughts on him as person. Same for Paige, as I patiently described to you earlier. And you know what? I bet she has the very same kind of view of herself as you do of yourself. She is a professional golfer and you are a student of discipline. Yet the crueler members here see her as a harlot and you as a thug. Both are inherently wrong, both are needlessly mean and unreasonable and both may be considered definitively in the ever expanding genre of cyber-bullying.

Holy crap the John Daly/Paige comparison is a reach. John Daly was already a LEGIT PGA Tour golfer. C'mon NBG you're better than this.

So was ( is ) she. They are both professional golfers frowned upon by some for their Unsavory? lifestyles. For a long time in spite of having 2 majors under his belt, Daly was considered by some to be a pro only in the technical sense of the word. Couldn't win, compete or make a cut and took "advantage" of many sonsor exemptions. I specifically used him as a comparison because he is maligned in the same way as Paige, based solely on personal life decisions that many see as repugnant. So I don't think it is a reach at all unless you think choosing a male comparison is wrong.

R11S 8* square; Stock stiff
Maltby KE4 14* 3w , Axe Excaliber R flex tipped 1"
RBZ 25* hb; RBZstage 2 19* hb
Mizuno MP30 5 - PW, AXE Excaliber stiff, Hogan Apex PC E Wedge (50*) TT DG s300
GM Never Compromise GM2 putter
54*, 58* TM TP wedges 3* flat

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem, as I see it, is that calling her a "professional golfer" has an implied definition of a tour player. That she is not.

To be a pro all you need to do is declare yourself professional and play for a prize purse. You do not need to win $750+. That is the "got ya" number for an amateur to lose amateur status.

So imo both sides are correct. She is a professional golfer by the abstract definition. By the accepted definition of a professional golfer actually playing for a living she falls far short.

Titleist TSR3 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TS3 3w 13.5° HZRDUS Black 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

Book um Danno! Lock er up. This thread has run its course and needs to DIE!

Ping G400 Max driver w/Aldila Rogue 125 Silver
Ping G425 5 wood & hybrid
Ping G30 irons w/Recoil 95

Ping G425 irons w/Accra ICWT 2.0 95
Ping Glide wedges w/Recoil 110
Ping Redwood Anser - the "real deal!"

You should have just stayed silent or admitted it was a ridiculous comparrison. Next youll be trying to convice everyone that people watch Paige because of her swing.

Yeah, those that like to watch her swing are generally not watching her swing. :)

Titleist TSR3 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TS3 3w 13.5° HZRDUS Black 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

That little thing about the 2 majors is kinda a big difference. Just kinda.

And yet in the threads that malign him, those same two majors are too often seen a product of luck.........

i think is funny this has gone on this long. at least people are passionate.

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

Yes, because a 2 time MAJOR winner is exactly like a beautiful blond who won ONE event on the Cactus Tour and couldn't make the cut ONCE in three tries on sponsors' exemptions, right?

Sheesh...

Spin it in whatever way makes you happily justify your stance on an individual that has never done you or anyone else any harm, I guess.......

Yes, because a 2 time MAJOR winner is exactly like a beautiful blond who won ONE event on the Cactus Tour and couldn't make the cut ONCE in three tries on sponsors' exemptions, right?

Sheesh...

IIRC, that win was about as technical as she is a pro golfer... An am actually won, but the young lady in question was the highest pro golfer in the field. So the W ended up going to her.

The saddest part? That I even know this little bit of trivia about this. I'll see my self out and go cry quietly in my mama's basement.

WITB:
SDLR White 10* Speeder 6.2x TS
Epic 14* AD TP7, Rogue 17* PX Evenflow Black
R15 3H Rogue Black 85
MP-18 MMC 4 - PW Modus 120x
50* T7, 58* PM-Grind
Ghost Spider Si Slant

Sheesh...

IIRC, that win was about as technical as she is a pro golfer... An am actually won, but the young lady in question was the highest pro golfer in the field. So the W ended up going to her.

The saddest part? That I even know this little bit of trivia about this. I'll see my self out and go cry quietly in my mama's basement.

According to The Golf Channel report I just read, Spirinac won the tournament in a playoff against Hannah Sullivan who in 2016 was ranked the number 1 amateur in the world.

For anybody interested, she is on SiriusXM channel 85 right now, and Britt McHenry is on the phone as well going back and forth about the social media drama about her SI appearance.

Another Paige thread that ends up with everyone at each other's throats and talking down to each other, explaining how the world of marketing and publicity works etc. Being a Paige fan/supporter is not all fun and games. It seems like hard work actually.

I honestly think this is her own doing. When you go down a certain path, own it.

She seems to really be all over the place. Is she a Pro Golfer or not? On her Instagram page she says she is, but then in this article she claims that's not what she wants to do for a living. Then she says she wants to help young girls embrace the sport. How exactly is she doing that? By being a brand Ambassador for PXG and doing a swimsuit spread in SI?

Her bullying thing is much the same. Constructive criticism isn't "bullying". That diminishes her message if every time she is criticized, it's viewed as "bullying".

We live in a fickle time, where Social Media can make or break you. She had the good sense to turn her Instagram fame into a career, but seems to be muddling it up somewhat. Are you a model who plays Golf and has a message, or are you a Pro Golfer who doesn't play Pro Golf and makes your money modeling in short skirts and bikinis? Pick one, and run with it. If she can't be honest with herself, it comes across as very disingenuous.

She addressed this by saying she is technically a "pro golfer" because she can't technically call herself an amateur golfer anymore because she has played for money ha - which is true on a technicality - and she also said she isn't a full time model either, so she doesn't really know what to classify herself as.

What an absolute mess that was, I had to shut it off and went back to listen to Pat and the Heartland guys

M2, maybe
915 FD
913 HD
712u 3
714 AP2 4-p
SM5 53, 59
Circa62

Sheesh...

Spin it in whatever way makes you happily justify your stance on an individual that has never done you or anyone else any harm, I guess.......

I can't have an opinion about someone unless they did something to me personally? Is that your angle? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

soon people will start compare Paige to player like Annika Sorenstam or Lorena Ochoa and saying how Paige is growing the game of golf for girls all around the world just like those before her. Paige is the needle!!!

COBRA LTDx LS 9* 

Taylormade P790 2 Iron
Taylormade P790 3 - 4 Irons 
Taylormade P750 5 - 6 Irons 
Taylormade P730 7 - 9 Irons
ARTISAN GOLF 0318 mallet

ARTISAN GOLF custom grind 45* wedge 

ARTISAN GOLF custom grind 50* wedge
ARTISAN GOLF custom grind 55* wedge

Sheesh...

I can't have an opinion about someone unless they did something to me personally? Is that your angle? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

No, it's not.

But I clearly see what your angle is.

That little thing about the 2 majors is kinda a big difference. Just kinda.

And yet in the threads that malign him, those same two majors are too often seen a product of luck.........

Ok for the sake of conversation we’ll chalk those 2 majors up as luck... he also won 3 more times on the PGA tour and many more wins on the smaller tours... Paige cant even sniff a cut or gaining status on the LPGA. Are we done yet? You cant be serious I must be falling for some sort of trolling prank here even responding to such nonsense.

Over on http://CurlingWRX.com Emma Miskew is a hot topic right now. She's the Paige of curling.

Hey! Don't drag poor innocent curling into this or I'll have to kick you firmly in the bonspiels.

Or even worse, drag J.E.S. into this ;)

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

Is Paige Spiranac a good looking girl? Yes she is (at least for my taste)

Is she a professional golfer? If she gets paid for playing golf, she is. You don't necessarily have to play on tours to be one. If you earn your money with it, you have golf as a profession. She doesn't say that she's a PGA playing pro.

Is her act all over the place? In parts yes. She does too much "Look at me I'm hot" to go by as a golfer. I don't really know what to make of this bullying stuff. Real bullying can be brutal, and Spiranac said somewhere else she got threats for her life, her family got threatened and other things. That's bullying. Disliking her pics in a halfway decent manner is not bullying. Calling her a slut for posing that way is not necessary. But if you can't stand opinions regarding your Insta, don't do Insta!

Does anyone on the LPGA really, I mean REALLY care for what Spiranac does? I honestly don't think so. She doesn't take anyone's place, she doesn't take anyone's money, so what? They all have got their own games to worry about.

So, enjoy her pics if you like them. And if you don't, just don't watch them. It's your choice not to look at them.

cant believe we are still talking about this? why dont we just leave her alone and do what she wants. She is a hot pro golfer, arent we just all jealous we cant date her

I can't believe you referred to her as a pro golfer. JK, but I think that's part of the fire she is taking.

Then she is taking it unfairly. She is a professional golfer, just not at the LPGA level. There are several pros on this site that have never sniffed spot in a PGA Tour or LPGA tournament, yet they are still recognised as golf professionals. Paige Spirinac deserves the same.

What criteria of being a pro did she achieve? Did she qualify for her LPGA card? Is she a qualified teaching pro? Does she make a living by playing golf? I can't answer one of these questions with a yes... so I'm scratching my head why she can be called a Pro Golfer. At best she's a tweener I guess if she can no longer call herself an amateur due to some exemptions she received.

You say enjoy the pictures or don't look at them. What are we, that feel her pictures are improper and are not going to help young female golfers, to do? Sit back and be quiet.

She says she is trying to help young women and I contend that she is doing more to enable insecurities than she realizes. The fact is 95% of the young girls that see her with next to nothing on WILL feel inadequate compared to her. They see all the attention she gets and will crave that, but because they are not as attractive they will never get it. That is my issue with what Paige is doing. If she had carried herself like Lexi I wouldn't have any heartache over her golfing/modeling career.

Let me tell you what Wooderson is packin'
Sim Max 12° Speeder NX 6s
Sim2 Max 15°
Ping G410 21° 
Ping G425 22°/25°
Ping G430 6-PW AWT Stiff
Ping Glide 3.0 GW/SW

Ping Eye 2 XG LW

It's everyone's own choice to feel inadequate because someone on this planet does something better, looks better or gets more attention. But if you're halfway at peace with yourself, you can focus on the the things that define YOU, not you in comparison to Paige Spiranac, Lexi Thompson, or whoever. Nobody has to feel insecure because Paige Spiranac conducts herself and looks the way she does. Because they are not Paige Spiranac. And thats exactly what she promotes.

It is a choice everyone has to make: Either compare yourself to someone who does something better and feel bad about it, or (if you can) work on achieving or bettering this. Or you can find your own spot where you choose to excel, and you work on that. Set your own goals and work on achieving those. And don't blame others for being better.

I play drums, and I don't feel the least bit inadequate if I watch Steve Gadd, Jeff Porcaro, whoever. My goal was to be good enough to join a band that plays a certain type of music, I worked towards that goal, and I got a spot in such a band. My feeling of insecurity is that my bandmates think I'm not good enough, so it's my choice to work on my playing. There are thousands of better drummers out there, but I don't care, I have this job and they don't.

i think is funny this has gone on this long. at least people are passionate.

We're all just golf deprived.

Look for more enthralling topics that will surely drive a posting frenzy as we continue on the sidelines awaiting the end of winter:

Wife claims gas-powered cart resulted in chronic cough

Swinging Stories – Life as a Range Playeh

Best place to get cost effective expensive game improvement irons?

POLL – does this look infected to you?

Weird things found in bottom of golf bag

Famous people that never played golf.