paige spiranac sports illustrated swim suit

QuigleyDU

Paige is a pretty girl, but the whole superficial self-absorbed thing is not my cup of tea. There's something very sexy about humbleness and quiet confidence. She's great to look at, but not my type of gal.

I wouldn't be thrilled about my daughter looking up to Paige as any kind of role model. As a father to a young girl, I have to question the message of "can't make it on talent and skills so hike up that skirt and hope for a sponsor's exemption and endorsement deal." Didn't get the job based on your interview and resume? Show a little cleavage and maybe they'll reconsider.

She loves attention and will do anything to get it. But the second that attention gets negative she gets all bent out of shape about it. If you're going to put yourself out there seeking attention then you have to take the good with the bad.

I have a 9 month old daughter ... I will using people like Paige and the Kardashians as a teachable situation on how not to act or put your everything out on social media as the internet is forever .. if we really want to things to change for our girls we need to start making people like Debbie Sterling into the real rockstars and start ignoring instagram models, etc

(To note, Debbie Sterling founded GoldieBlox which makes toys geared to girls for engineering, science, math, etc https://www.goldieblox.com/pages/about)

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paige is a pretty girl, but the whole superficial self-absorbed thing is not my cup of tea. There's something very sexy about humbleness and quiet confidence. She's great to look at, but not my type of gal.

I wouldn't be thrilled about my daughter looking up to Paige as any kind of role model. As a father to a young girl, I have to question the message of "can't make it on talent and skills so hike up that skirt and hope for a sponsor's exemption and endorsement deal." Didn't get the job based on your interview and resume? Show a little cleavage and maybe they'll reconsider.

She loves attention and will do anything to get it. But the second that attention gets negative she gets all bent out of shape about it. If you're going to put yourself out there seeking attention then you have to take the good with the bad.

I have a 9 month old daughter ... I will using people like Paige and the Kardashians as a teachable situation on how not to act or put your everything out on social media as the internet is forever .. if we really want to things to change for our girls we need to start making people like Debbie Sterling into the real rockstars and start ignoring instagram models, etc

(To note, Debbie Sterling founded GoldieBlox which makes toys geared to girls for engineering, science, math, etc https://www.goldieblox.com/pages/about)

i have three daughters, 6, 4, 14 months. i am scared for my life.....

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

Another angle to look at it from. Golf is in a decline, need more people getting into golf, need to have some way to attract more people into the game.

Well....what is & has always been the majority of golfers? Males

Granted more females are entering the game & I for one am real happy about it. However how to attract more people? Since the greater majority is male....

Also it is best to get them while they are young. What better way to attract males in there teens. In my day it was Marlene Hagge. Everything is all about marketing & we all know what always sells. Complain all you want, but reality is reality. Besides I bet she could beat the pants off of most of us in golf any day......oh....may be a bad choice of words there.

Another angle to look at it from. Golf is in a decline, need more people getting into golf, need to have some way to attract more people into the game.

Well....what is & has always been the majority of golfers? Males

Granted more females are entering the game & I for one am real happy about it. However how to attract more people? Since the greater majority is male....

Also it is best to get them while they are young. What better way to attract males in there teens. In my day it was Marlene Hagge. Everything is all about marketing & we all know what always sells. Complain all you want, but reality is reality. Besides I bet she could beat the pants off of most of us in golf any day......oh....may be a bad choice of words there.

IDK about that. Surely it's just an eye-candy option for those who are already interested in golf. Out of 180k Twitter followers I'd bet they are almost all men and already golf or at least watch golf.

Like grid girls (funnily enough now replaced) at F1 races or cheerleaders at NFL games, I don't think anyone is attending an NFL game or a race because of hot women being on display. It's just to add a leering component to the eating, drinking, and actually watching/participating in the event.

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

Golf has always had it's sirens. Anyone remember Jan Stephenson in a bathtub full of golf balls? or any of the rest of her photo spread?

Natalie Gulbis ring a bell? How about Beatriz Recari? Just a couple off the top of my little head.....

A number of female golfers have capitalised on their looks.

Women know what men want, no?

R11S 8* square; Stock stiff
Maltby KE4 14* 3w , Axe Excaliber R flex tipped 1"
RBZ 25* hb; RBZstage 2 19* hb
Mizuno MP30 5 - PW, AXE Excaliber stiff, Hogan Apex PC E Wedge (50*) TT DG s300
GM Never Compromise GM2 putter
54*, 58* TM TP wedges 3* flat

Golf has always had it's sirens. Anyone remember Jan Stephenson in a bathtub full of golf balls? or any of the rest of her photo spread?

Natalie Gulbis ring a bell? How about Beatriz Recari? Just a couple off the top of my little head.....

When i think of Jan Stephenson I think of a very attractive golfer who by the way, won 16 times on the LPGA tour.

Agree 100%. Compare her to Blair O'Neal who is also making a living off being a golf personality. Blair is rather unassuming, not "as" self promoting and seems appreciative of the blessing she has from the game of golf. She's a sweetheart and as gracious as anyone.

When i think of Jan Stephenson I think of a very attractive golfer who by the way, won 16 times on the LPGA tour.

I get what you are saying, but it wasn't my point. Every generation finds beauty in a particular female golfer and it is naturally exploited. Stephenson was the best of the lot when it comes to golf talent but she was and is a beautiful woman whose beauty was exploited in the name of golf

I get what you are saying, but it wasn't my point. Every generation finds beauty in a particular female golfer and it is naturally exploited. Stephenson was the best of the lot when it comes to golf talent but she was and is a beautiful woman whose beauty was exploited in the name of golf

But it's the reverse in this case; Spiranac is the one exploiting golf.

Without that trope, she wouldn't have anything to hang her shingle on.

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

Yeah I mean it's not exactly apples to apples. Say what you want about Gulbis but she has won on the LPGA tour and has 37 career top 10's. Is she known more as a "hot" golfer than a "good" golfer? Sure. But she's lasted 15+ years on the tour and has played in 3 Solheim cups. She won't be in the hall of fame or anything, but she's at least proven herself on the course.

Recari has won 3 times on tour with 24 top 10's. Again, she's proven she can golf the ball with the best of them.

It's hard to compare Paige's route to success to that of Gulbis, Recari, Stephenson or others.

Something to ponder.

Fast Forward 40 years - tennis balls in tube socks.

Thankfully, many of us here won't be around to witness it......

Advancements in medicine...............who knows.

I hear they are making "replacement" kidneys in labs.

I'm gonna need a lot more than kidneys in the next 40 years, I think.......

Now we have social media. The ability to reach a much larger audience than TV ever has. So to me it is no surprise where she is at. Ride the wave while you can.

Thanks for the Jan Stephenson notice guys! She took place for me after Marlene left golf. Heck in 40 years I will be 100. If I am alive then I think I will be just happy if I know what a golf club looks like.

She's not exploiting golf, she's exploiting men. She is a professional golfer who, like many other professional golfers, men and women alike, uses golf to further her financial gain.

To the best of my knowledge, she has done nothing more than post photos of herself (that lots of people apparently want to look at) and, as a result of that celebrity, turn a buck. She was lucky to grow up attractive and moderately skilled at golf and has figured out a way to make that profitable without being supermodel attractive on the one hand or LPGA winner skilled on the other. To me that seems like the American way.

I don't see anything about her situation that inherently requires her to absorb abuse.

Callaway Rogue ST Max LS, Tensei White 65S
Taylormade Qi10 15*, Hzrdus Gen 4 Black 70 6.0

Taylormade Sim Ti 18*, GD AD-IZ 7X

Srixon ZX Utility 3i 20*, Dart 90 S

Taylormade P790 5i - 6i, MMT 105 S +1"

Taylormade P770 7i-AW, MMT 105 S +1"

Taylormade MG 3 56*, & 60*, MMT 105 S +1"
Odyssey TriHot 5k Seven CH, 35"

She's not exploiting golf, she's exploiting men. She is a professional golfer who, like many other professional golfers, men and women alike, uses golf to further her financial gain.

What kind of tournaments is she playing in these days? I recall her winning a small event last year or so. Is she actually still on a tour somewhere? I googled her to try to find out but all the results were social media and swimsuit stuff so I gave up.

What kind of tournaments is she playing in these days? I recall her winning a small event last year or so. Is she actually still on a tour somewhere? I googled her to try to find out but all the results were social media and swimsuit stuff so I gave up.

I really don't know and I don't think it matters.

Sherriff Booth summed it up well, at least for me.

Ever hear about the girl recently accused of texting and RECEIVING messages from LeBron James? WELL, they were messaging back and forth, her fiance is a pretty good DB in the NFL, that knows LeBron. This girl also is a media sensation with no marketable talent whatsoever, who just so happens to be the daughter of a good friend of mine. This girl has money rolling in at a decent clip for doing next to nothing. What Paige S has done is no different than what hundreds of others, like my friends daughter have done, find a way to become marketable by getting her face/body in front of the camera, ala Holly Sonders, etc. Or as we call it, using Kardashian talent.......

Maybe I misread one of your posts, but I thought you were equating Jan Stephenson (and others) with Spirinac, and then say they were exploited in the name of golf. In which case I disagreed she doesn't fit in with how they were used/not used, hence my post.

I do agree, we can also say she is exploiting mens' baser instincts to make money, but Jon Hohm is a professional golfer too. It's a pretty low bar to call yourself that.

She is absolutely exploiting golf to use it to try and attach some legitimacy to her social media career.

As has been already mentioned above, she is not some LPGA/PGA/Web.com pro posting up some random pics, they are all staged as part of her social media career.

Fair play to her if she can make a living out of it. It's got to be quite the grind to make any proper money out of it.

F.T.

Ever hear about the girl recently accused of texting and RECEIVING messages from LeBron James? WELL, they were messaging back and forth, her fiance is a pretty good DB in the NFL, that knows LeBron. This girl also is a media sensation with no marketable talent whatsoever, who just so happens to be the daughter of a good friend of mine. This girl has money rolling in at a decent clip for doing next to nothing. What Paige S has done is no different than what hundreds of others, like my friends daughter have done, find a way to become marketable by getting her face/body in front of the camera, ala Holly Sonders, etc. Or as we call it, using Kardashian talent.......

Holly "Sonders"? or Holly Niederkohr...who has changed just about everything she was born with in pursuit of "Kardashian-talent" money. :russian_roulette:

Why does it seem so important to some of you that an athlete be at least somewhat successful in the bigs in order for them to be able to justify being successful in a social media career? If success on tour was a pre-requisite to success off the course, then she would be a failure in her social media endeavours. Since she has seen success with it, that so called prerequisite is unimportant to the majority of her followers.

To the best of my knowledge, she has done nothing more than post photos of herself (that lots of people apparently want to look at) and, as a result of that celebrity, turn a buck. She was lucky to grow up attractive and moderately skilled at golf and has figured out a way to make that profitable without being supermodel attractive on the one hand or LPGA winner skilled on the other. To me that seems like the American way.

I don't see anything about her situation that inherently requires her to absorb abuse.

Absorb abuse no... expect negative comments... yes. Reading some of her self absorbed commentary it becomes somewhat obvious to me that she is going to continue to be scrutinized. Add to her general self absorbed demeanor the school yard retorts to some negative comments she may have received and you can multiply the negative effect. All that aside, I for one, never cared for anyone who thought they could build up their character by flaunting any purported charitable work in everyone's face... I'd call it bad form to say the least.

Holly "Sonders"? or Holly Niederkohr...who has changed just about everything she was born with in pursuit of "Kardashian-talent" money. :russian_roulette:

Sonders vehemently denies that she has ever had cosmetic surgery And there is absolutely no evidence to suggest otherwise. Jealous people will always try to diminish the good fortune of others in order to see themselves in a more favourable light.

Still, no pictures.

cmon-man.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/_paige.renee/?hl=en

have at it.

Ping G430 MAX Rogue Silver 60S
915F Rogue Black 80S
915H Rogue Black 85S
ZX Utility 4i Recoil F4 110
Srixon ZX5/ZX7 Nippon Modus 120S
SM6 52.08F | 56.08M | 60.10S
Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec 33/350G
restoration on my Mil-Spec

She's stunning beautiful to most, but not my style. She's going to be in a swimsuit showing off her assets. Good for her. I hope they do that paint on bathing suit thing with her.

It's a swimsuit issue. People aren't buying it for the sports article. More at 11.

http://www.esquire.c...-swimsuit-2018/

What she says about Golf: "I'm very passionate about the game, but I don't want to do it as a living."

Q the Grammar Nazis. "FOR a Living"...

Absorb abuse no... expect negative comments... yes. Reading some of her self absorbed commentary it becomes somewhat obvious to me that she is going to continue to be scrutinized. Add to her general self absorbed demeanor the school yard retorts to some negative comments she may have received and you can multiply the negative effect. All that aside, I for one, never cared for anyone who thought they could build up their character by flaunting any purported charitable work in everyone's face... I'd call it bad form to say the least.

Ain't none of us perfect, bro. Always try to remember that.

No... but even the most superficial of us, even if we try just a little, can be better right?

No... but even the most superficial of us, even if we try just a little, can be better right?

Superficial is the norm today. Social media would be a flop without it........