paige spiranac sports illustrated swim suit

QuigleyDU

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don’t understand the obsession. Golf is a sport, and sport SHOULD BE where we judge off talent only. THE BEST MAN OR WOMAN PLAYS. But let’s say for a second that we put all that together and did include looks. I’m willing to bet my house that we can look at the ladies golf teams from the PAC 12 and SEC alone and find 20 hotter/better golfers than PS.

I get what it's like to be objectified based on looks alone. Ever since doing that shoot for Portable Restroom Operator magazine, which is the rage in the porta potty biz, it's been really difficult with my fan.

Hang in there Paige, I feel ya.

DP, that was you?? You are a hunk. And those overalls were pretty tight fitting but you have the bod to pull it off.

All I can say is she better cash in while she can. Unlike actual skill or intelligence, good looks fade fast.

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

I am going to try to keep this as PG as possible, but here it goes. First off good for her. She has built an empire off a social media account and a selfie. She is a marketinggenius.

However, let’s just stop the BS “ growing the game” bit. Wearing a tight top and a skirt and taking a selfie with a golf club in your hand doesn’t qualify as growing the game or being a revolutionary. Her campaign of “cyber bullying” is also pretty sad. (I am not saying that cyber bullying is not a epidemic nor needs to stop). Fact 1 as a public figure if you are going to put yourself out there, your going to open yourself up to a fair amount of criticism, the fact that she is capitalizing off of basically being a snowflake is a punch in the face to any female golfer out there who is grinding to make it on tour and not relying on social media to get her there. She has created a following off of being a victim. She is not strong nor courageous, she is playing a well calculated media campaign. 2nd look at every other instafamous model/golfer/whatever that is teaching young women that the only way to get attention is by posing half nude with a club in your hand instead of hard work grinding on the range is the way success.

Not sure I follow the part I bolded. You agree that cyber bullying is bad and needs to stop, but think she is wrong to speak out about it?

She's an attractive woman, with a pretty good golf swing, so she has at least two significant assets (not THOSE two, you perverts!). But its MUCH harder to make a living based on golf than it is to make money from looks, so she's doing what she can to make a living. If she wasn't so attractive, she's not talented enough to make a living off golf, so she'd have to get a real job.

i honestly dont find her all that attractive,but she generates enough buzz that i heard about this and i dont even follow her instagram. The social media power is something i still find so interesting. People can get rich and famous with little to no life skills. especially if you are female with some assets.

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

I am going to try to keep this as PG as possible, but here it goes. First off good for her. She has built an empire off a social media account and a selfie. She is a marketinggenius.

However, let’s just stop the BS “ growing the game” bit. Wearing a tight top and a skirt and taking a selfie with a golf club in your hand doesn’t qualify as growing the game or being a revolutionary. Her campaign of “cyber bullying” is also pretty sad. (I am not saying that cyber bullying is not a epidemic nor needs to stop). Fact 1 as a public figure if you are going to put yourself out there, your going to open yourself up to a fair amount of criticism, the fact that she is capitalizing off of basically being a snowflake is a punch in the face to any female golfer out there who is grinding to make it on tour and not relying on social media to get her there. She has created a following off of being a victim. She is not strong nor courageous, she is playing a well calculated media campaign. 2nd look at every other instafamous model/golfer/whatever that is teaching young women that the only way to get attention is by posing half nude with a club in your hand instead of hard work grinding on the range is the way success.

Yet your cyber bullying here right now. Cyber bullying is everywhere. Weather people call you slutty for wearing a bathing suit and being in great shape, or being overweight. As I have always been told if you don't have anything nice to say keep it to yourself. People will be a tough keyboard warrior thanks to social media.

Driver: TaylorMade Sim2 Max - Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 60

3 Wood: TaylorMade Sim2 Max - Fujikura Ventus Blue 6

3 Hybrid: TaylorMade Sim2 Rescue - Tensei AV Raw Blue

4I - GW: Taylor Made PSI - KBS C-Taper 105

SW: Titleist SM5 - 54 - True Temper Dynamic Gold

LW: Titleist SM5 - 60 - True Temper Dynamic Gold

Putter: 2022 Titleist Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

You have to be a pretty sad and miserable person to want to belittle someones accomplishments. Stinks of insecurity. She's doing her thing and MILLIONS of people appreciate it. She's a model and golfer. She's not the best golfer, neither are you. Why hate on her for being attractive and loving golf. Attractive people get more attention. It's a tale as old as time. Get over it and fix yourself before deflecting your insecurities onto people you've never met.

Folks - golf photos only in this forum. If you want to post the actual swimsuit photos, please start a thread over in the 19th Hole. Thank you!

Callaway Rogue ST Max LS, Tensei White 65S
Taylormade BRNR Mini, 11.5*, GD AD-IZ 7X

Taylormade Sim Ti 18*, GD AD-IZ 7X

Taylormade Qi 4i, Dart 90 S

Taylormade P790 5i - 6i, MMT 105 S +1"

Taylormade P770 7i-AW, MMT 105 S +1"

Taylormade MG 3 56*, & 60*, MMT 105 S +1"
Taylormade MyTP Juno Long Neck, 35"

i honestly dont find her all that attractive,but she generates enough buzz that i heard about this and i dont even follow her instagram. The social media power is something i still find so interesting. People can get rich and famous with little to no life skills. especially if you are female with some assets.

There are jobs to run social media accounts now for basically every semi-large company and media organisations. You might look down at people making money off social media, but it's like people looking down at geeky, IT guys 20-25 years ago spending all their time on computers and having little to no life skills. They don't need any of those skills now because they've enough money to pay others to do whatever they want for the rest of their and their family's lives.

Also social media is just an evolution in the form of communication, messages put across to a wide audience from the newspaper to radio to cinema to TV to social media today. Producing good social media content is as useful skill as being a good TV producer, a good marketer or PR person.

I say good luck to Paige. Some women are born more beautiful than others but as it goes for any model, keeping in good shape and attractive isn't that easy. Being good looking does not equal 1m followers on Instagram. She saw the gap in the market of modelling and being good at golf, in what is still a male-dominated sport. The videos that launched her were creative, and she showed great initiative, while having the confidence to go for it.

I think they're a good life skills that will work in most fields.

Folks - golf photos only in this forum. If you want to post the actual swimsuit photos, please start a thread over in the 19th Hole. Thank you!

did u delete a naked pic of her? damn u marshals

[size=4][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][b]DRIVER[/b]- Callaway Rogue Oban Tour Limited 60s
[b]3 WOOD[/b]- GBB Epic Oban Kiyoshi Gold 75s
[b]HYBRID[/b]- Titleist 818 H1 19/23 Hybrid Atmos HB Tour Spec 85s
[b]IRONS[/b]- Srixon 765/565 Nippon Modus 105s
[b]GAP[/b]- Callaway MD4 Chrome 52 Modus 105
[b]SAND[/b]- Callaway MD4 Chrome 54 Modus 105
[b]LOB[/b]- Callaway MD3 Chrome 58 Modus 105
[b]PUTTER[/b]- Bettinardi Queen Bee #6
[b]BALL[/b]- Callaway Chrome Soft X[/font][/size]

There are jobs to run social media accounts now for basically every semi-large company and media organisations. You might look down at people making money off social media, but it's like people looking down at geeky, IT guys 20-25 years ago spending all their time on computers and having little to no life skills. They don't need any of those skills now because they've enough money to pay others to do whatever they want for the rest of their and their family's lives.

Also social media is just an evolution in the form of communication, messages put across to a wide audience from the newspaper to radio to cinema to TV to social media today. Producing good social media content is as useful skill as being a good TV producer, a good marketer or PR person.

I say good luck to Paige. Some women are born more beautiful than others but as it goes for any model, keeping in good shape and attractive isn't that easy. Being good looking does not equal 1m followers on Instagram. She saw the gap in the market of modelling and being good at golf, in what is still a male-dominated sport. The videos that launched her were creative, and she showed great initiative, while having the confidence to go for it.

I think they're a good life skills that will work in most fields.

Social Media is like the Internet full of a bunch of lies. Hopefully people at some point will wake up and communicate in a better fashion.

That is a poor analogy. A software engineer who creates something that other people use to be more productive in their day-to-day lives is not the same as a social media personality with no discernable skills 'helping' people to waste away their days online.

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

Her campaign of “cyber bullying” is also pretty sad. (I am not saying that cyber bullying is not a epidemic nor needs to stop). Fact 1 as a public figure if you are going to put yourself out there, your going to open yourself up to a fair amount of criticism, the fact that she is capitalizing off of basically being a snowflake is a punch in the face to any female golfer out there who is grinding to make it on tour and not relying on social media to get her there. She has created a following off of being a victim. She is not strong nor courageous, she is playing a well calculated media campaign. 2nd look at every other instafamous model/golfer/whatever that is teaching young women that the only way to get attention is by posing half nude with a club in your hand instead of hard work grinding on the range is the way success.

Disagree.

Just because you are a public figure it does not mean anyone and everyone can take shots at you. Should you be aware that this can happen, absolutely. But it doesn't mean everyone can dump on you either.

Your right. It doesn’t. But if your platform is going to be selfies and showing as much skin as you can and claim to “grow the game” off this platform. Your going to have critics such as me that say “wait a second”. I also 100% do not believe that she doesn’t post pictures of her fiancé (but if you go to his Instagram his like a love sick puppy with selfies with her). I just don’t agree with any of it. I apologize if I ramble. And really do not mean to take a shot but truly 100% disagree with her platform. I also could be green with envy since I had to Pay full price for my PXGs.

It is interesting the difference between their Instagram feeds. The other thing I noticed is you rarely see her posting with her engagement ring on but you do see it in his postings. Even shots that look like they could have been the same day the ring is off in hers and on in his. I’m sure it’s the trick where waitresses take off their wedding rings because they get more tips without one.

The girl is brilliant in harnessing the power of social media. However I think she’s burned a lot of bridges with women on the LPGA tour who grind their spot and earnings out where I don’t ever think she’d ever feel welcome on tour, and for as much as I think the cyber bullying played a part, I can’t imagine she was welcomed with open arms by the players on tour for that event.

Shouldn’t this whole post then be moved to the 19th hole if this section is strictly for Lpga talk and this post was about the swimsuit issue?

Callaway Epic
TaylorMade M2 2016 3HL, 5HL Wood
Ping G20 23º hybrid
TaylorMade M2 Tour 5-PW
Callaway MD2 52º, 56º, 60º
Odyssey White Hot Rx 2-Ball

That is a poor analogy. A software engineer who creates something that other people use to be more productive in their day-to-day lives is not the same as a social media personality with no discernable skills 'helping' people to waste away their days online.

GREAT POINT.

Yet your cyber bullying here right now. Cyber bullying is everywhere. Weather people call you slutty for wearing a bathing suit and being in great shape, or being overweight. As I have always been told if you don't have anything nice to say keep it to yourself. People will be a tough keyboard warrior thanks to social media.

It is far to easy to dismiss someone as "cyber bullying" simply because you do not like a comment. So if I were to agree with your assessment that "Red Fox" is "cyber bullying", then please share with everyone on this forum as to how one can share their thoughts and comments about someone public, such as Paige, and be "critical" without being labelled a "cyber bully"?

OR does it mean that people are not supposed to think critically when offering a thought or comment in a public forum and should only offer lofty platitudes? I thought "Red Fox" tried to offer a thoughtful critique of Paige ... one that obviously resonates with many others just as much as compliments and platitudes appeal to Paige's fan boys.