2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

paige spiranac sports illustrated swim suit

QuigleyDU

Paige just needs to understand and accept that if you're going to go to such great lengths to seek attention, not all of that attention is going to be good. You have to take the good with the bad. You can't just expect everyone to bow down to you and worship the ground that you walk on.

I checked out her website. Mostly just a ton of pics of her in skimpy outfits and a blurb about her "inspiring and empowering women." I think her definition of "empowering women" is different than most.

I think she would get less heat if she dropped the whole "professional golfer" act. Best I can tell, it looks like she stopped actually competing in 2016 and now just sort of poses as a pro golfer. The thing is, if she quit spending so much time on social media and actually grinded on her game like a real pro, who knows, maybe she could actually make it out there.

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So she is on a quest to help women and help them be proud of their body, yet she is prettier/sexier than the vast majority of women out there. Do you think the 17 year old golfer feels empowered or inadequate when they look at her revealing Instagram posts?

I'm going to venture she is contributing to more feelings of inadequacy than she is helping. Let me say that she is not the only one. There are others, but hey all that attention makes them feel good about themselves.

Don't you just love modern times. The destruction of morality happens daily. Scary, but then I remember it's going to get worse before it gets better and in the end we win.

Yup...because historians will look back on this age and come to the conclusion that NOTHING good comes from "Social Media". :russian_roulette:

Seriously youre right, social media has killed civil discourse and everyday common decency. I dont participate in it and dont regret it for a second.To each their own i guess but ill pass

you are participating in it right now. this forum is social media.

No it isnt. This is strictly a golf forum.So much so that if we deviate from talking golf and veer into politics we get a vacation or permanent ban. Please dont be obtuse on this. theres a difference and this was around well before facebook and twitter heck even before my space.

haha, ok... maybe you dont understand what social media is then. this is social media in every sense of the word. it is just limited to a specific topic, in this case golf. Individuals post personal pictures (social media) personal stories (social media) discuss current events in golf (social media). hell, there is even a section of the forum for non golf related topics. hmm, all sounds like social media to me. Also, way to go by being rude with the personal attack. Classy... real classy.

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

I think the whole concept of cyber bullying she champions needs to be better defined. To me there are legitimate differences between criticism and true cyber bullying. Telling someone the world would be better off if they were dead is more in line with cyber bullying. But then you need to consider the source. If it's someone in your real world existence that a kid sees at school every day then it'd fall into cyber bullying. If it's some random guy in his basement calling Paige out I would think she'd have enough maturity at her age to just ignore it.

As in Paige's case saying to her that you're selling sex to get a lpga exemption is a critique in my opinion and not cyber bullying. Following her Instagram account though it seems anyone who gives any critique or comment short of goddess worshiping her and saying her bleep doesn't stink she calls out as a cyber bully. She has to know she has as many followers as she has not because she's an advocate for cyber bullying, and does charity work but because she's one millimeter away from wardrobe malfunctions in most of her photos.

We are living in an age where people need emotional support hampsters and peacocks. Maybe a little bullying and tough love is needed in today's society now. We are trying to shelter everyone that we are making it so today's graduating classes are unable to even function in the world without safe spaces and an animal at work.

"A little bullying" is NEVER needed.

I agree. The problem with these bullies is that they are cowards, hiding behind their computers in anonymity, saying whatever they want...and thinking it makes them cool. Pretty pathetic.

I think you missed the point of what I said. There is something fundamentally wrong in our society where people are being coddled to the point where we are taking hampsters and peacocks on planes for emotional support.

There doesn't seem to be teaching of healthy acceptable coping mechanisms because of the everyone wins a trophy, everything you do is great philosophy. So a lot of the guidance that I grew up with is now considered "bullying" in today's world. Which I meant by saying is good, as I clearly stated true bullying is wrong.

So...you're saying let's bully them a little so that later in life they will be so toughened that they only need a support peacock in order to stay out of a therapists chair?

R11S 8* square; Stock stiff
Maltby KE4 14* 3w , Axe Excaliber R flex tipped 1"
RBZ 25* hb; RBZstage 2 19* hb
Mizuno MP30 5 - PW, AXE Excaliber stiff, Hogan Apex PC E Wedge (50*) TT DG s300
GM Never Compromise GM2 putter
54*, 58* TM TP wedges 3* flat

.Her comment is pretty nauseating.

I want to be less of a role model and more of a mentor. I don't ever want kids to put me on a pedestal and feel like they can't talk or reach out to me. I want to be there for them. My goal is to make golf more friendly and inviting, and I will continue to [pursue] my anti-bullying work.

Seriously, what world does she live in?

Who thinks she is a roll model? Better yet what makes her think anyone would think she is one? I guess she plans on mentoring people on how to show skin to make money? Thats old news honey.

Why would kids put her on a pedestal and what in the world makes her think anyone aside from a teenage boy with overactive hormones would be afraid to approach her? She wants to be there for them? For what?

Anti bullying, please. I would have to guess that world peace is her next goal

I think some guys around here would do well to get off their own pedestals........

R11S 8* square; Stock stiff
Maltby KE4 14* 3w , Axe Excaliber R flex tipped 1"
RBZ 25* hb; RBZstage 2 19* hb
Mizuno MP30 5 - PW, AXE Excaliber stiff, Hogan Apex PC E Wedge (50*) TT DG s300
GM Never Compromise GM2 putter
54*, 58* TM TP wedges 3* flat

I think some guys around here would do well to get off their own pedestals........

:swoon:

PXG Black Ops 10.5* - Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 6X

PXG Black Ops 15* - Ventus Velocore Red 7X

PXG  Gen3 3 Iron - Aldila RIP Phenom HYB 100 

PXG Gen5 0311T 4-P - DG120 X100

Titleist Vokey SM9 50*, 56*, 60* - DGTI S400

PXG Bat Attack H

Chrome Soft/Vice Pro Lime

I want to be less of a role model and more of a mentor. I don't ever want kids to put me on a pedestal and feel like they can't talk or reach out to me. I want to be there for them. My goal is to make golf more friendly and inviting, and I will continue to [pursue] my anti-bullying work.

Who thinks she is a roll model? Better yet what makes her think anyone would think she is one? I guess she plans on mentoring people on how to show skin to make money? Thats old news honey.

Why would kids put her on a pedestal and what in the world makes her think anyone aside from a teenage boy with overactive hormones would be afraid to approach her? She wants to be there for them? For what?

I didn't hear her interview. I seriously cracked up laughing for about 5 straight minutes after reading your post. Awesome.

Callaway BBV 10.5 Neutral w/ 44.5 inch Motore 565 speeder shaft stiff
Callaway BBV 3 Wood, 15.5 stiff, 5 Wood 19 stiff
Callaway X2 Hot 19 Hybrid stiff
Callaway X2 Hot 4-PW
Ping Glide 50 SS
Cleveland CG16 , 56
Wilson Staff Grant Park Putter

Amazing what a pro photographer and team can do. Looks good...

http://www.esquire.com/lifestyle/health/a16637739/paige-spiranac-sports-illustrated-swimsuit-2018/

As if her game really did not decide this for her...

She's now looking beyond the game of golf.

I'm very passionate about the game, but I don't want to do it as a living. I feel confident in the path that I'm taking now and I didn't feel confident in the path that I was taking with golf—I just realized that I don't want to play professionally. I'm not saying that in the next five to 10 years I'm done forever, but as of right now, I have more important things that I want to accomplish, and [fighting] cyberbullying is at the top of my list.

Titleist TSR3 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TS3 3w 13.5° HZRDUS Black 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

Pretty obvious from your hate for Her that you never got a second look from the pretty girls and you can't get over it. Your comments are disturbing.

Sorry opinions opposite of yours scare you. Notice you're the one attacking me yet my comments are disturbing?... oh the irony. Classic projection. Also are you not cyber bullying me right now? ;) Run along now

laughable - why would I run from a keyboard warrior like you who is picking on a girl that they couldn't get close enough to sniff their perfume? Like I said, you just didnt get enough attention from the fairer sex and you are frustrated. Now you can run along professor

[list]
[*][size=4][b][color=#0000ff]Ping G410 LST, Mitsubishi Tensei Orange Pro [/color][/b][/size]
[*][size=4][color=#008000][b]Ping G410 3 wood, Mitsubishi Diamana BF[/b][/color][/size]
[*][size=4][color=#008000][b]Ping G410 3 hybrid, Mitsubishi Tensei Blue Pro[/b][/color][/size]
[*][size=4][color=#008000][b]Ping G410 4 hybrid, Evenflow Black[/b][/color][/size]
[*][size=4][b]Titleist T200 5-9 KBS Tour Flt [/b][/size]
[*][size=4][b][color=#daa520]Callaway MD5 45,49,54,58/[/color]
[*][color=#b22222][b][size=4]TP Mills Trad II Hand Forged [/size][/b][/color]
[/list]

*role*....

[list]
[*][size=4][b][color=#0000ff]Ping G410 LST, Mitsubishi Tensei Orange Pro [/color][/b][/size]
[*][size=4][color=#008000][b]Ping G410 3 wood, Mitsubishi Diamana BF[/b][/color][/size]
[*][size=4][color=#008000][b]Ping G410 3 hybrid, Mitsubishi Tensei Blue Pro[/b][/color][/size]
[*][size=4][color=#008000][b]Ping G410 4 hybrid, Evenflow Black[/b][/color][/size]
[*][size=4][b]Titleist T200 5-9 KBS Tour Flt [/b][/size]
[*][size=4][b][color=#daa520]Callaway MD5 45,49,54,58/[/color]
[*][color=#b22222][b][size=4]TP Mills Trad II Hand Forged [/size][/b][/color]
[/list]

Pretty obvious from your hate for Her that you never got a second look from the pretty girls and you can't get over it. Your comments are disturbing.

Sorry opinions opposite of yours scare you. Notice you're the one attacking me yet my comments are disturbing?... oh the irony. Classic projection. Also are you not cyber bullying me right now? ;) Run along now

laughable - why would I run from a keyboard warrior like you who is picking on a girl that they couldn't get close enough to sniff their perfume? Like I said, you just didnt get enough attention from the fairer sex and you are frustrated. Now you can run along professor

Feel better? Took you 2 whole days to come up with that? You realize she still won’t date you right? Thanks for all that textbook projection.

Feel better? Took you 2 whole days to come up with that? You realize she still won’t date you right? Thanks for all that textbook projection.

:taunt:

CommentPhotos.com_1405632146.jpg

giphy.gif

I have nothing to add other than to suggest that those who continue on the arguments based on “this generation” (whichever one that means) and them being coddled and “participation trophy generation.”

Please, please, please, just look into the book “The Myth of the Spoiled Child.” Please.

Amazing what a pro photographer and team can do. Looks good...

http://www.esquire.c...-swimsuit-2018/

miracle workers.... they deserve an Oscar each for best supporting roles, stunt coordinators and special effects... the amount of smoke and mirrors in that dog and pony show is off the chart...I get we all have different tastes.. But maybe im cursed with Shallow Hals deal...I truly cannot see why anyone would walk across a 2 lane road to see her

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

Titleist MB 3-pw modus 130x 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

In 10-12 years I see Paige "possibly" doing a part-time gig under a fake name like B00bs Malone as that woman that runs out during baseball games, golf tournaments and table tennis events to hug players.

Well that came from left field.

ehh, surprised it took 8 pages honestly.

Ping G430 MAX Rogue Silver 60S
915F Rogue Black 80S
915H Rogue Black 85S
ZX Utility 4i Recoil F4 110
Srixon ZX5/ZX7 Nippon Modus 120S
SM6 52.08F | 56.08M | 60.10S
Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec 33/350G
restoration on my Mil-Spec

it was a good discussion for a while. it has really gone down hill. probably time to close it up.

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

I don't understand why Paige Spiranak and her life choices is such a hot button subject. She doesn't pretend to be a professional golfer, or a big time teacher, so what's the big deal? She's found a niche in golf where she is at least somewhat successful, good for her. As an aside, Blade, I've got two idiot nephews that trump your two idiot nephews. Same sort of parenting, no structure, no solid rules, "no" was a negotiating point, not a directive.

it was a good discussion for a while. it has really gone down hill. probably time to close it up.

I deleted my last post as I suppose it was mostly way off topic. ( although tied to it ). But I also went back and read the whole thing. Weinstein was mentioned on the first page. And which parts of anatomy it’s ok to show half of on the second.( or third ) Hardly a real discussion. Lol.

I don't understand why Paige Spiranak and her life choices is such a hot button subject. She doesn't pretend to be a professional golfer, or a big time teacher, so what's the big deal? She's found a niche in golf where she is at least somewhat successful, good for her. As an aside, Blade, I've got two idiot nephews that trump your two idiot nephews. Same sort of parenting, no structure, no solid rules, "no" was a negotiating point, not a directive.

Pxg sure thinks she pretends to be a pro golfer . At least that’s what the commercials claim

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

Titleist MB 3-pw modus 130x 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Britt "yelling at a tow lot employee" McHenry & Paige go at it a bit..

http://people.com/style/si-swim-model-slams-conservative-reporter/

Ping G430 MAX Rogue Silver 60S
915F Rogue Black 80S
915H Rogue Black 85S
ZX Utility 4i Recoil F4 110
Srixon ZX5/ZX7 Nippon Modus 120S
SM6 52.08F | 56.08M | 60.10S
Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec 33/350G
restoration on my Mil-Spec

The condemnation in this thread is ludicrous. Sure, Page shows off her body. It's a nice body that she undoubtedly works hard to maintain so it's at least somewhat understandable. Do guys that weightlift get slammed for wearing tight fitting muscle shirts? People with tattoos proudly displayed get slammed? Do like momma says: "if you don't have anything nice to say..."

Ping G400 Max driver w/Aldila Rogue 125 Silver
Ping G425 5 wood & hybrid
Ping G30 irons w/Recoil 95

Ping G425 irons w/Accra ICWT 2.0 95
Ping Glide wedges w/Recoil 110
Ping Redwood Anser - the "real deal!"

The condemnation in this thread is ludicrous. Sure, Page shows off her body. It's a nice body that she undoubtedly works hard to maintain so it's at least somewhat understandable. Do guys that weightlift get slammed for wearing tight fitting muscle shirts? People with tattoos proudly displayed get slammed? Do like momma says: "if you don't have anything nice to say..."

you don't know my struggles!

lol jk.

Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 8.75*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Qi10 Tour / 3w / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / Tensei Pro White 100TX
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

SC Phantom 5.5 (2024) 35”

Jailbird AI Cruiser 40"

"You aren't a Professional Golfer so stop pretending" isn't Cyber-Bullying. It's the truth.

I love when women who objectify themselves, look to empower women and say objectifying women is wrong. "Girls, don't let anyone tell you you can't do _____. Just look at me in my skimpy bathing suit shaking my a** in a magazine!"

Lady, there is only one reason SI chose you for the Swimsuit shoot. It's not your brains, and it's not your Golfing skills, either. Or am I now a Cyber Bully?

Your analogies do not work. You are missing the point or have not read carefully.

The point of contention is not some vacuous person on Instagram posting loads of pics - that is largely what it's there for; and in that regard everyone is saying have at it.

The point of contention is someone being disingenuous about what they are doing, and trying to jump on the coattails of other's organizations and movements, to push their self-promotion due to lack of any substance on their own.

There is nothing bullying about questioning that and having a thread about it, it's a change up from blades/gi's or tiger will-he-won't he.

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.