2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

paige spiranac sports illustrated swim suit

QuigleyDU

The condemnation in this thread is ludicrous. Sure, Page shows off her body. It's a nice body that she undoubtedly works hard to maintain so it's at least somewhat understandable. Do guys that weightlift get slammed for wearing tight fitting muscle shirts? People with tattoos proudly displayed get slammed? Do like momma says: "if you don't have anything nice to say..."

When you put yourself in the public eye, expect to read condemnation. That's just the way it is today.

She has a nice body because she has the time to maintain it and she also has good genetics.

She broke on the scene as a "Professional Golfer" which she is not. She is a spokesperson for PGX, which is a company that sells Golf Clubs. Good for her. She is in SI because of her looks and nothing else. She is not a Professional Athlete which is why ESPN's "Body issue" is much more appealing to me, personally.

Weightlifters are not, for the most part, being paid to wear muscle shirts, are they? No one pays me to see my tattoo.

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.Her comment is pretty nauseating.

I want to be less of a role model and more of a mentor. I don't ever want kids to put me on a pedestal and feel like they can't talk or reach out to me. I want to be there for them. My goal is to make golf more friendly and inviting, and I will continue to [pursue] my anti-bullying work.

Seriously, what world does she live in?

Who thinks she is a roll model? Better yet what makes her think anyone would think she is one? I guess she plans on mentoring people on how to show skin to make money? Thats old news honey.

Why would kids put her on a pedestal and what in the world makes her think anyone aside from a teenage boy with overactive hormones would be afraid to approach her? She wants to be there for them? For what?

Anti bullying, please. I would have to guess that world peace is her next goal

Well you are certainly no role model. Just a ______!

Driver: TaylorMade Sim2 Max - Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 60

3 Wood: TaylorMade Sim2 Max - Fujikura Ventus Blue 6

3 Hybrid: TaylorMade Sim2 Rescue - Tensei AV Raw Blue

4I - GW: Taylor Made PSI - KBS C-Taper 105

SW: Titleist SM5 - 54 - True Temper Dynamic Gold

LW: Titleist SM5 - 60 - True Temper Dynamic Gold

Putter: 2022 Titleist Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

Another Paige thread that ends up with everyone at each other's throats and talking down to each other, explaining how the world of marketing and publicity works etc. Being a Paige fan/supporter is not all fun and games. It seems like hard work actually.

I'd say those two things aren't mutually exclusive. It is possible to be a Paige fan (or not have a problem with her) and not spend a week on here trying to convince everyone that they need to like her too.

TaylorMade QI10 9* - Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 8TX

TaylorMade Stealth+ 15* - Fujikura Ventus Red 9TX

NIKE Vapor Fly Pro 3-4i - Fujikura Pro Tour Spec 95X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5 - KBS Tour 130X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 6-PW - DG TI X100

Mizuno T22 Raw 50* S, 55* D | TaylorMade Hi Toe 60* - DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Select Squareback +

Another Paige thread that ends up with everyone at each other's throats and talking down to each other, explaining how the world of marketing and publicity works etc. Being a Paige fan/supporter is not all fun and games. It seems like hard work actually.

I honestly think this is her own doing. When you go down a certain path, own it.

She seems to really be all over the place. Is she a Pro Golfer or not? On her Instagram page she says she is, but then in this article she claims that's not what she wants to do for a living. Then she says she wants to help young girls embrace the sport. How exactly is she doing that? By being a brand Ambassador for PXG and doing a swimsuit spread in SI?

Her bullying thing is much the same. Constructive criticism isn't "bullying". That diminishes her message if every time she is criticized, it's viewed as "bullying".

We live in a fickle time, where Social Media can make or break you. She had the good sense to turn her Instagram fame into a career, but seems to be muddling it up somewhat. Are you a model who plays Golf and has a message, or are you a Pro Golfer who doesn't play Pro Golf and makes your money modeling in short skirts and bikinis? Pick one, and run with it. If she can't be honest with herself, it comes across as very disingenuous.

For anybody interested, she is on SiriusXM channel 85 right now, and Britt McHenry is on the phone as well going back and forth about the social media drama about her SI appearance.

I honestly think this is her own doing. When you go down a certain path, own it.

She seems to really be all over the place. Is she a Pro Golfer or not? On her Instagram page she says she is, but then in this article she claims that's not what she wants to do for a living. Then she says she wants to help young girls embrace the sport. How exactly is she doing that? By being a brand Ambassador for PXG and doing a swimsuit spread in SI?

Her bullying thing is much the same. Constructive criticism isn't "bullying". That diminishes her message if every time she is criticized, it's viewed as "bullying".

We live in a fickle time, where Social Media can make or break you. She had the good sense to turn her Instagram fame into a career, but seems to be muddling it up somewhat. Are you a model who plays Golf and has a message, or are you a Pro Golfer who doesn't play Pro Golf and makes your money modeling in short skirts and bikinis? Pick one, and run with it. If she can't be honest with herself, it comes across as very disingenuous.

She addressed this by saying she is technically a "pro golfer" because she can't technically call herself an amateur golfer anymore because she has played for money ha - which is true on a technicality - and she also said she isn't a full time model either, so she doesn't really know what to classify herself as.

TaylorMade QI10 9* - Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 8TX

TaylorMade Stealth+ 15* - Fujikura Ventus Red 9TX

NIKE Vapor Fly Pro 3-4i - Fujikura Pro Tour Spec 95X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5 - KBS Tour 130X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 6-PW - DG TI X100

Mizuno T22 Raw 50* S, 55* D | TaylorMade Hi Toe 60* - DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Select Squareback +

The condemnation in this thread is ludicrous. Sure, Page shows off her body. It's a nice body that she undoubtedly works hard to maintain so it's at least somewhat understandable. Do guys that weightlift get slammed for wearing tight fitting muscle shirts? People with tattoos proudly displayed get slammed? Do like momma says: "if you don't have anything nice to say..."

"Say it in an Instagram or a Tweet because on social media anything goes!" :taunt:

She addressed this by saying she is technically a "pro golfer" because she can't technically call herself an amateur golfer anymore because she has played for money ha - which is true on a technicality - and she also said she isn't a full time model either, so she doesn't really know what to classify herself as.

I understand. I guess my take is, why mention Golf as a profession at all? She makes money modelling. A lot more than she has ever made actually playing Golf. That makes you a Model by profession, just as easily as winning one tournament and making more than $750 playing Golf makes you a professional Golfer.

If SHE doesn't know who she is, that's even worse!

"You aren't a Professional Golfer so stop pretending" isn't Cyber-Bullying. It's the truth.

I love when women who objectify themselves, look to empower women and say objectifying women is wrong. "Girls, don't let anyone tell you you can't do _____. Just look at me in my skimpy bathing suit shaking my a** in a magazine!"

Lady, there is only one reason SI chose you for the Swimsuit shoot. It's not your brains, and it's not your Golfing skills, either. Or am I now a Cyber Bully?

Pretty sure that Spirinac is a professional golfer. At least Golf Digest thinks so. She won an event in 2016 as a professional so I think that certainly qualifies. After all, is a player on the web.com not a professional? I believe that he is.

But you guys go ahead...go out of your way to find reasons for vilification. It speaks volumes about yourselves and places Paige in a more favourable light. I just wish that she was a member here so that she could respond to y'all while you assault and demean her character. Which I believe is part of the definition of cyber bullying..

R11S 8* square; Stock stiff
Maltby KE4 14* 3w , Axe Excaliber R flex tipped 1"
RBZ 25* hb; RBZstage 2 19* hb
Mizuno MP30 5 - PW, AXE Excaliber stiff, Hogan Apex PC E Wedge (50*) TT DG s300
GM Never Compromise GM2 putter
54*, 58* TM TP wedges 3* flat

cant believe we are still talking about this? why dont we just leave her alone and do what she wants. She is a hot pro golfer, arent we just all jealous we cant date her

[size=4][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][b]DRIVER[/b]- Callaway Rogue Oban Tour Limited 60s
[b]3 WOOD[/b]- GBB Epic Oban Kiyoshi Gold 75s
[b]HYBRID[/b]- Titleist 818 H1 19/23 Hybrid Atmos HB Tour Spec 85s
[b]IRONS[/b]- Srixon 765/565 Nippon Modus 105s
[b]GAP[/b]- Callaway MD4 Chrome 52 Modus 105
[b]SAND[/b]- Callaway MD4 Chrome 54 Modus 105
[b]LOB[/b]- Callaway MD3 Chrome 58 Modus 105
[b]PUTTER[/b]- Bettinardi Queen Bee #6
[b]BALL[/b]- Callaway Chrome Soft X[/font][/size]

I don't get the need to tear her down. She certainly doesn't seem like a nasty or mean-spirited person. Good on her to parlay her looks and decent golf game into making money. She probably could beat all the guys in this forum.

Be honest, every one of us here would love to have her on our next charity scramble team.

cant believe we are still talking about this? why dont we just leave her alone and do what she wants. She is a hot pro golfer, arent we just all jealous we cant date her

You might be on to something about leaving her alone. Let her post all these half naked pictures and nobody mention her. That would be awesome. Maybe then she'd go away.

I can't believe you referred to her as a pro golfer. JK, but I think that's part of the fire she is taking.

Then she is taking it unfairly. She is a professional golfer, just not at the LPGA level. There are several pros on this site that have never sniffed spot in a PGA Tour or LPGA tournament, yet they are still recognised as golf professionals. Paige Spirinac deserves the same.

I don't get the need to tear her down. She certainly doesn't seem like a nasty or mean-spirited person. Good on her to parlay her looks and decent golf game into making money. She probably could beat all the guys in this forum.

Be honest, every one of us here would love to have her on our next charity scramble team.

Haters gonna hate.

She is very young and not perfect, but who is and we learn as we grow.

Ping G400 Max driver w/Aldila Rogue 125 Silver
Ping G425 5 wood & hybrid
Ping G30 irons w/Recoil 95

Ping G425 irons w/Accra ICWT 2.0 95
Ping Glide wedges w/Recoil 110
Ping Redwood Anser - the "real deal!"

Then she is taking it unfairly. She is a professional golfer, just not at the LPGA level. There are several pros on this site that have never sniffed spot in a PGA Tour or LPGA tournament, yet they are still recognised as golf professionals. Paige Spirinac deserves the same.

How is she a Professional Golfer? Because she won ONE Tournament in the Cactus League many years ago? And hasn't actually played professional Golf since?

SHE even said she doesn't want to play the sport as a career. So please explain? Yes, according to the USGA, because she won more than $750 in a tournament, she can no longer be considered an Amateur. But she is advertising that she is a Professional. I'm sure there are plenty of people on this site that have won more than $750 playing Golf. Should they all claim they are now Professionals?

I competed in MMA 25 years ago. Does that make me a Professional fighter?

How is she a Professional Golfer? Because she won ONE Tournament in the Cactus League many years ago? And hasn't actually played professional Golf since?

SHE even said she doesn't want to play the sport as a career. So please explain?

Read the definition of a pro golfer. And 2016 wasn't many years ago.

im a professional wrxer in my own mind, does that count. I need to be professional at something

[size=4][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][b]DRIVER[/b]- Callaway Rogue Oban Tour Limited 60s

SHE even said she doesn't want to play the sport as a career. So please explain?

Unlike many, many professional golfers, she won a professional golf tournament as a professional, many years ago in 2016. She is recognised in the industry as a golf professional. Ergo, she is a professional golfer.

As for you, only you can answer regarding your time spent as a youth. A cruel person might suggest that you were nothing more than a thug that enjoys inflicting injury on others. Is that as fair a statement as the crap being said around here of Ms. Spirinac? Hopefully, you are insightful enough to see that both are not only wrong but are disparaging to both you and her.

would everyone on here date her- answer yes

cant anyone on here beat her in golf regularly- probably not

i just solved everyones problems

She is recognised in the industry as a golf professional. Ergo, she is a professional golfer.

Who in the industry exactly? PXG? I can tell you that it ruffled A LOT of feathers when she got those exemptions. Ask Lexi Thompson if she considers Paige a pro Golfer.

I practiced Martial Arts for 8 years. Martial Arts is about discipline. Which is why I don't put that on a resume.

She is recognised in the industry as a golf professional. Ergo, she is a professional golfer.

Who in the industry exactly? PXG? I can tell you that it ruffled A LOT of feathers when she got those exemptions. Ask Lexi Thompson if she considers Paige a pro Golfer.

I practiced Martial Arts for 8 years. Martial Arts is about discipline. Which is why I don't put that on a resume.

Why don't you read the definition of a pro golfer instead of continuing to pontificate from your narrow and incorrect definition?

would everyone on here date her- answer yes

cant anyone on here beat her in golf regularly- probably not

i just solved everyones problems

I can't beat her at Golf. What does that have to do with anything?

I have no interest in dating her. I'm very happily married to my high school sweetheart, and my soul mate.

I have no problem. I'm merely entertaining myself on this site and comment on something I feel I have something to say about. Is that a problem? (See what I did there?!)

Why don't you read the definition of a pro golfer instead of continuing to pontificate from your narrow and incorrect definition?

I know that the technicality of what people consider a "Pro Golfer" here, which is ridiculous. According to the USGA, if you win more than $750 in a Tournament setting, you can no longer consider yourself an Amateur. YAY!! That makes MANY people Pro Golfers!!

How about we stop "pontificating" about why Paige is a thing. Not because of her Golfing achievements. Not even a little bit.

You watching her for her Golf skills, bubba?

John Daly received many exemptions into events, which upset a lot of small minded people as well. Yet, he is still a professional golfer, regardless your thoughts on him as person. Same for Paige, as I patiently described to you earlier. And you know what? I bet she has the very same kind of view of herself as you do of yourself. She is a professional golfer and you are a student of discipline. Yet the crueler members here see her as a harlot and you as a thug. Both are inherently wrong, both are needlessly mean and unreasonable and both may be considered definitively in the ever expanding genre of cyber-bullying.

She admits that she is only a professional technically, because it will take time to get her amateur status back. The public doesn't know the extent of the alleged bullying, and whether she is growing the game is debatable and of little interest. It has been said that the legitimate LPGA members must be disgusted with her, but I haven't seen any actual comments. The criticisms all seem to come from other supposedly talented golfers who aren't good enough for the tour and are unable to benefit from whatever assets that they feel they possess the way she has. That unfairness prompts people to want to share their thoughts with as many people as possible. There is nothing wrong with that, but hardly worth arguing about. She has no significant accomplishments, but if people didn't want what she has to offer, it wouldn't sell.

"You aren't a Professional Golfer so stop pretending" isn't Cyber-Bullying. It's the truth.

I love when women who objectify themselves, look to empower women and say objectifying women is wrong. "Girls, don't let anyone tell you you can't do _____. Just look at me in my skimpy bathing suit shaking my a** in a magazine!"

Lady, there is only one reason SI chose you for the Swimsuit shoot. It's not your brains, and it's not your Golfing skills, either. Or am I now a Cyber Bully?

Very true and hard to hear for some.It reminds me of this:

ZFEJT.jpg

The bolded says it all.No youre absolutely not cyberbullying anyone but according to some in this thread yes it is.Expressing your opinion civilly like youve done is absolutely fine.I dont understand why people get upset over that.

John Daly received many exemptions into events, which upset a lot of small minded people as well. Yet, he is still a professional golfer, regardless your thoughts on him as person. Same for Paige, as I patiently described to you earlier. And you know what? I bet she has the very same kind of view of herself as you do of yourself. She is a professional golfer and you are a student of discipline. Yet the crueler members here see her as a harlot and you as a thug. Both are inherently wrong, both are needlessly mean and unreasonable and both may be considered definitively in the ever expanding genre of cyber-bullying.

Holy crap the John Daly/Paige comparison is a reach. John Daly was already a LEGIT PGA Tour golfer. C'mon NBG you're better than this.