2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

paige spiranac sports illustrated swim suit

QuigleyDU

Women do know and they will decide if Paige is a help or hindrance in that regard.

Did you see what that lady tweeted about what she thought of Paige?

https://www.maxim.co...-mchenry-2018-2

Maybe it's not working out how Paige anticipated.

Yeah, but given the "lady" said this to another woman who was just doing her job, Paige should be proud of the criticism

“I’m in the news sweetheart, I will f****** sue this place.”

“So I could be a college dropout and do the same thing?”

“I’m on television and you’re in a f****** trailer, honey.”

“Lose some weight, baby girl.”

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. They are free to make their own choices, make up their own minds. Anyone saying someone like PS has such a vast influence on women is an insult to women, i.e., that women are unable to think for themselves or make their own choices, that they need someone to come along and keep the PS's of the world away from them in order to protect them from harm.

Please point out anywhere in this thread where someone suggested that women aren't free to make their own choices or make up their own minds. I believe it has been said multiple times that they can and should.

But to do under the guise of something completely ridiculous is what the issue is. Please explain your take on how a woman posing half nude in a magazine is empowering to women.

Women do know and they will decide if Paige is a help or hindrance in that regard.

Yeah, but given the "lady" said this to another woman who was just doing her job, Paige should be proud of the criticism

I don't know the circumstances behind what you posted. I am taking what this lady said to Paige at face value.

Agreed. They are free to make their own choices, make up their own minds. Anyone saying someone like PS has such a vast influence on women is an insult to women, i.e., that women are unable to think for themselves or make their own choices, that they need someone to come along and keep the PS's of the world away from them in order to protect them from harm.

Please point out anywhere in this thread where someone suggested that women aren't free to make their own choices or make up their own minds. I believe it has been said multiple times that they can and should.

But to do under the guise of something completely ridiculous is what the issue is. Please explain your take on how a woman posing half nude in a magazine is empowering to women.

You're trying to have a conversation with a platitude machine; you're wasting your time.

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

I'm sure she means well but Paige's act is kind of anti-feminist arguably. She is the damsel in distress. Read between the lines of pretty much everything she says, there is a lot of neediness. Like everyone else I was stunned when she first came out, hitting flop shots in her super tight super flattering pants but the more I know I get to know Paige the less I envy her fiance. (I am actually happy for him, he seems like a good guy, a super patient guy. He must be a great listener.)

I'm sure she means well but Paige's act is kind of anti-feminist arguably. She is the damsel in distress. Read between the lines of pretty much everything she says, there is a lot of neediness. Like everyone else I was stunned when she first came out, hitting flop shots in her super tight super flattering pants but the more I know I get to know Paige the less I envy her fiance. (I am actually happy for him, he seems like a good guy, a super patient guy. He must be a great listener.)

I'll bet he spends a lot of his free time taking pictures.....somebody has gotta be taking all those snaps.

SYard T388
TaylorMade RBZ 13-15
Miura CB-57 3-PW
Miura 51Y, 52K,56K, 57C, 60K
Old Titleist Blade

While certainly not the only way, this is one fantastic example for how you quite literally inspire an entire country full of girls to get interested in golf:

4ff11394acee6.image.jpg

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

I don't know the circumstances behind what you posted. I am taking what this lady said to Paige at face value.

What if paige said the same thing to some poor woman clerk just sitting there doing her job?

Again, you failed to read what wrote. Again, my comment wasn't directed at you.

NOWHERE did I say posing half nude is empowering. NOWHERE.

Some in this thread have alluded to the fact that people like PS have an inimical affect on young women in general. IF people like PS have such an influence on women, and IF some suggest that she (and others like her) should be reigned in, THEN one can infer that women in general are unable to think for themselves, since they need protection from the PS's of the world.

As I said, I think it's an insult to women.

I find it sadly amusing that many of you are reacting to someone else's choices this way. This has spread to just about every thread on a person or piece of equipment. The only things/people you praise are the mods,,, maybe because you want what they might give away.

And dad's, Paige is the least worrisome influence our daughters will run across on the internet.

Honma TR20 Vizard RED S

Callaway Fusion 3 Wood Recoil S

PXG 6-Gap TT Elevate S

Vokey SM8 50, 54, 58

Scotty Phantom X 5.5

And dad's, Paige is the least worrisome influence our daughters will run across on the internet.

Some people don't believe that there are impressionable kids, teens, etc. who follow social media and make choices from what they see. What have the KarCa$hian's done yet they have millions of followers on various social media platforms. Traditional media, and now social media has influenced people for years and years. Why do women follow fashion trends? Why do young boys dress like Rickie?

She's got every right to earn money legally and ethically. We have the choice to participate or not.

Some of you are just over the top ridiculous with your palpable hate for Paige. Other women of golf have posed "nude" (your words) in the SI swimsuit issue many times, and those women didn't draw your ire that is now running 15 pages and growing.

Sure I don't get the "empowering" comment she made, but I'm not her. Nor is it brave to pose for a bikini shoot when you have a figure like Paige's. But in the same token she should be proud of her figure-- she's obviously taken fitness very seriously and she looks like she's chiseled out of granite. Her workout video's on golf digest are actually pretty good, so why not enjoy learning golf exercises from someone that looks good teaching them?

As for her involvement in golf media that many of you are trashing her over-- she's as qualified to be involved in golf as most others in golf media. At least she played in college and briefly pro, which is more than most sports media.

I feel like people here are fighting over a misunderstanding. Nobody's really criticizing Paige for her dress or her sexiness or whatever. I think Paige's critics are mainly taking issue with the rhetoric, which she is laying on pretty thick you have to admit. Those people who are trying to slut-shame Paige or tell her she needs to cover up or whatever, make up a very small minority, if they exist at all.

Of course you are. It suits your narrative to do so.....

R11S 8* square; Stock stiff
Maltby KE4 14* 3w , Axe Excaliber R flex tipped 1"
RBZ 25* hb; RBZstage 2 19* hb
Mizuno MP30 5 - PW, AXE Excaliber stiff, Hogan Apex PC E Wedge (50*) TT DG s300
GM Never Compromise GM2 putter
54*, 58* TM TP wedges 3* flat

While certainly not the only way, this is one fantastic example for how you quite literally inspire an entire country full of girls to get interested in golf:

4ff11394acee6.image.jpg

Amen, what a sweetheart. I’ve played with her plenty of times in Florida and she single handily became a rock star and caused what you’re seeing in the lpga today. That’s female empowerment!!

Of course you are. It suits your narrative to do so.....

Actually I have no idea what that was. But according to your narrative I do. LOL.

I feel like people here are fighting over a misunderstanding. Nobody's really criticizing Paige for her dress or her sexiness or whatever. I think Paige's critics are mainly taking issue with the rhetoric, which she is laying on pretty thick you have to admit. Those people who are trying to slut-shame Paige or tell her she needs to cover up or whatever, make up a very small minority, if they exist at all.

Finally! Someone who understands what this is actually about. THANK YOU!!

Finally! Someone who understands what this is actually about. THANK YOU!!

Exactly.

Well said. That’s the whole point of this thread that some people still don’t get.

I find it sadly amusing that many of you are reacting to someone else's choices this way. This has spread to just about every thread on a person or piece of equipment. The only things/people you praise are the mods,,, maybe because you want what they might give away.

Your last sentence might be true but for those of us who coach junior girls it actually is bad. So bad that we have to enforce dress codes at tourneys because 14 year olds show up in Paige junior clothing. Don’t believe me? Ask around. We sent 2 girls home last year for that exact reason. Ajga has a hard time dealing with that because it’s an uncomfortable discussion. The fathers get upset with the mothers for allowing that and so on. So from a golf perspective it’s not great in my opinion

Look at how awful she is !! She's probably just as ugly on the inside. Terrible for golf.

R9 460 10.5 L flex 46"

COBRA Baffler XL 17* FW
COBRA Baffler XL 22* 25* 28* hybrids
Hand ground Bazooka QLS 7-PW

Component Wedges 50* 54* 60* 63*
(hand grinds) torched 

Heavy Putter B2m 38" Ust FF shaft
Rife Switchback XL (custom long neck) 34" UST FF 

Nope, not true. As a dad of 2 young daughters that are very early on in their golf interest I would rather them follow on the internet or social media any player on the LPGA (an ACTUAL professional golfer) than this uhhhhhmm instagram sensation that tries to golf but has to pose naked to gain followers.

Nope, not true. As a dad of 2 young daughters that are very early on in their golf interest I would rather them follow on the internet or social media any player on the LPGA (an ACTUAL professional golfer) than this uhhhhhmm instagram sensation that tries to golf but has to pose naked to gain followers.

Our daughters are exposed to much more than female golfers on the internet, and likely to follow more than a narrow interest.

Honma TR20 Vizard RED S

Callaway Fusion 3 Wood Recoil S

PXG 6-Gap TT Elevate S

Vokey SM8 50, 54, 58

Scotty Phantom X 5.5

Naked, huh?.......

R11S 8* square; Stock stiff
Maltby KE4 14* 3w , Axe Excaliber R flex tipped 1"
RBZ 25* hb; RBZstage 2 19* hb
Mizuno MP30 5 - PW, AXE Excaliber stiff, Hogan Apex PC E Wedge (50*) TT DG s300
GM Never Compromise GM2 putter
54*, 58* TM TP wedges 3* flat

Some of you are just over the top ridiculous with your palpable hate for Paige. Other women of golf have posed "nude" (your words) in the SI swimsuit issue many times, and those women didn't draw your ire that is now running 15 pages and growing.

Sure I don't get the "empowering" comment she made, but I'm not her. Nor is it brave to pose for a bikini shoot when you have a figure like Paige's. But in the same token she should be proud of her figure-- she's obviously taken fitness very seriously and she looks like she's chiseled out of granite. Her workout video's on golf digest are actually pretty good, so why not enjoy learning golf exercises from someone that looks good teaching them?

As for her involvement in golf media that many of you are trashing her over-- she's as qualified to be involved in golf as most others in golf media. At least she played in college and briefly pro, which is more than most sports media.

No, what is over-the-top ridiculous is you thinking that people on here ACTUALLY hate her.

No, what is over-the-top ridiculous is you thinking that people on here ACTUALLY hate her.

Well, you see, on the internet, you can't have a negative opinion about someone unless of course you're a bully or hate that individual. God forbid we can have a reasonable discussion without the word "hate" or "bully" thrown in there for the whole victimhood effect.