2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Patrick Reed golf.com Story - A Must Read

williamsnrb

Sixcat, let's get a few things straight here.

I called your Stephanie Wei attack "garbage," because that is what it was. She doesn't have a "checkered" professional history, despite several attempts by you on these pages to mislead the readers here to think so.

As already mentioned, her PGA Tour credentials were revoked for part of 2015 for the sole reason that the Tour -- in an extremist and highly technical legalism -- objected to her posting incidental video of tour event practice rounds on her Periscope account when she was reporting from those events. It was a rights dispute that she had with the Tour. Not bad reporting

And as also already mentioned, her United Airlines incident was weird; by Wei's own account. She got into a dispute with another passenger whom she claimed was reading her texts over her shoulder. She was immediately placed on another UA flight to continue her journey. Not place on any "no fly list."

That is why somebody like me would call your maliciously misleading post "garbage."

As for citing her blog, I did it not because I expect someone like you to accept her opinion. I did it to link to the statement of the Georgia assistant coach who went on the record to confirm the accuracy of Shane Ryan's reporting on the matters pertaining to Patrick Reed. Because it is very much part of the story. You can accept it, or not.

That goes for you too, CEPick.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That Audemars Piguet 2 Chainz is wearing is bonkers and that's not even the most bonkers piece of equipment he is wearing!

I bet Chris Rock was cracking so many jokes...that dude keeps it so real.

Also did yall hear Lil Wayne was in attendance at the Masters, hilarious.

Taylormade M2 10.5° [color=#0000ff]Graphite Design AD-BB 7x[/color]
Titleist 913 FD 15° [color=#a9a9a9]Diamana 'Ahina 70x[/color]
Titleist 716 AP2 3 iron [color=#a9a9a9]Accra 110i[/color]
Titleist 716 MB 4-PW [color=#0000ff]Project X 6.0[/color]
Vokey [color=#000000]Jet Black [/color]SM7 52° 56° 60° [color=#000000]S400 Tour Issue Black Onyx[/color]
Scotty Cameron Newport [color=#daa520]Teryllium[/color] Sole Stamp

I called your Stephanie Wei attack "garbage," because that is what it was. She doesn't have a "checkered" professional history, despite several attempts by you on these pages to mislead the readers here to think so.

As already mentioned, her PGA Tour credentials were revoked for part of 2015 for the sole reason that the Tour -- in an extremist and highly technical legalism -- objected to her posting incidental video of tour event practice rounds on her Periscope account when she was reporting from those events. It was a rights dispute that she had with the Tour. Not bad reporting

And as also already mentioned, her United Airlines incident was weird; by Wei's own account. She got into a dispute with another passenger whom she claimed was reading her texts over her shoulder. She was immediately placed on another UA flight to continue her journey. Not place on any "no fly list."

That is why somebody like me would call your maliciously misleading post "garbage."

As for citing her blog, I did it not because I expect someone like you to accept her opinion. I did it to link to the statement of the Georgia assistant coach who went on the record to confirm the accuracy of Shane Ryan's reporting on the matters pertaining to Patrick Reed. Because it is very much part of the story. You can accept it, or not.

Thanks for Mansplaining that to us, Alan!

Edit to add; I was going to let it go but decided against it. What, exactly, is "someone like me"? Secondly, the same UGA assistant who was "let go" a year after Reed left?

The pga tour citied her actions as theft. As in they said “ this is our property and you are selling it without our permission. “. By selling it they meant streaming it for clicks. Goodness. That’s allegations that were proven. She admitted to and was punished for. Polar opposites of the allegations You and Ryan write about.

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

Titleist MB 3-pw modus 130x 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

http://www.golf.com/tour-and-news/pga-tour-revokes-stephanie-weis-credentials

Here’s one article stating that she was warned once for tiger streams then “ we called her bluff “ when she streamed another event with Jordan Spieth. But this isn’t the best one. Brb

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Meantime, PR will be dining with Jack and all the other Champions for many years to come ; )

Makes me wonder if he will be sitting at the end of the table by himself, talking to no one, and leaving early.

Ping G430 LST 9*, Ka’ili White 60

TM Qi10 15*, Ventus TR Blue 60
Ping G430 19* hybrid, Kai’li White 80
Callaway Apex 21 4-AW, Pro Modus 3 Tour 120
Titleist SM9 52* F, Titleist SM10 58* D

Cameron Phantom X 11, 2021
Titleist ProV1

For additional context as this has turned into driving a bulldozer over everyone involved:

An interesting element of all this is that a former Augusta State golfer Taylor Floyd, who was teammates with Reed, reached out to Ryan via Twitter on Sunday night.

TaylorScreen21-571x188.png

Shane my man. Just saw our boy p reed spitting some garbage thru his teeth on the golf channel. Hit me up

— Floyd (@TFloyd22)

The above tweet—now deleted—was retweeted by three other Augusta State golfers from Reed’s era, Derek Chang, Carter Newman, and Mitch Krywulycz.

The below screenshot shows Floyd’s timeline from last night. He also tweeted to Ryan, “You’re not the only one who wants this dude’s nonsense to come to light.”

TaylorScreen-571x444.png

Floyd has since deleted that tweet, but then he also tweeted to Reed, “#goshen 2 days in a row a brah.”

“Goshen” is a course in Augusta.

Alan Shipnuck didn't dwell on the details of the Shane Ryan reporting. But to the extent that readers here wish to do that, I don't think that Stephanie Wei's blog post has been linked yet:

http://www.weiunderp...ed-controversy/

He didnt dwell there because he knows it's junk too.

Come on man. You're just digging Deeper. There is no source. Shane Ryan isn't a source. HE made it up with parsed together urban legends and he said she said crap. Non of which are attached to any name. Even the " assistant coach " for Georgia is un named. It's a joke

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!?

Jason Payne, former Men's Golf Assistant Coach at the University of Georgia, in his written statement to Stephanie Wie:

Patrick Reed has established himself as one of the best players in the world of golf and I wish him nothing but the best both personally and professionally. While getting to know Patrick through the recruiting process as a coach, a few character issues came to light, that we as coaches thought we could help Patrick with. Once Patrick was on campus for a few months, it became clear that Patrick was not going to mesh with the make up of the team at that time, and he was dismissed from the team.

There is no doubting the ability of Patrick as a golfer, it was Patrick as a person that we chose not to associate with. The story that has been reported by Shane Ryan is an accurate account of his college career at UGA—including the suspicions held by his former teammates. I am sure Patrick has learned from his past and is now the best individual, golfer, husband, and father he can be.

Who says it’s accurate ? Shane Ryan or shipnuck ?lol

Those “anonymous teammates”????

Cheers?

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

Funny, the "Top 5 player in the world" comment never bothered me. To me it was as if he was stating a goal, not making a proclamation on his status at the time. Still, it was brash & cocky to blurt it out, but I'd bet that most super elite athletes who make it to the pinnacle of their sport share this kind of confidence, even if they choose to play it cool and feign humility.

Patrick not only provided insight to his psyche with that comment, he very likely added an additional source of motivation that drove him to back up his claims and silence naysayers.

Any man who must say 'I am king' is no true king at all.

Reed could have waited until he was actually in the top 5, or not said it all. I never hear Jordan Spieth talking about how good he is. Because he doesn't need to, results speak for themselves, and that's for others to do.

Yes, that's certainly the more PC way to handle things, but don't think for a second that Spieth doesn't have that same extreme self-belief. If they all present themselves the same how boring would that be for the rest of us?

It's not as if Patrick went all Muhammad Ali screaming at the top of his lungs, "I AM THE GREATEST!" lol?

Look, anyone that has competed athletically at either the highest levels as an Am or Professionally, and I don't care the sport, knows exactly of what I speak...

An individual does what they HAVE TO DO to prepare themselves MENTALLY to compete to the best of THEIR Potential.

Not YOUR potential, not MY Potential, not some silent KING's potential!!

THAT INDIVIDUAL'S potential.

Whatever it takes to prepare them MENTALLY!!

At the highest levels amateur wise, 98%+ have the physical gifts to take it to the next level, regardless of sport.

Yet over 97-98% don't or will not "make it" as a Professional in their chosen sport.

Some guys/gals can prepare quietly and go about it as a "gentleman king" whether preparing, participating or recounting following the game/event.

Others, like Patrick, needed to put a target?on their chest/back, light a fire?underneath themselves and put themselves square in everyone else's sights, to give them the edge to perform at their highest levels.

As a DI football Player, I was in this boat. Did I have the physical talent to go about my business and prepare, compete and carry myself as a "quiet king?"

Don't know, though I doubt it, cuz from the time I was 16yo and introduced to an individual who would become my football and position(LB) mentor, NFL Linebacker Pete Wysocki, he was anything but a "quiet king."

But damn did he compete at THE highest level(look em up).

I took his style and made it mine.

I visualized it, I practiced it and come game time, I executed it-

It went like this-

I was gonna tell you what I was gonna do to you, I was gonna do it to you, and then I was gonna stand over you and recap what I did to you.

I did the same thing if asked by an "outsider," ie., reporter, fan or a competitor.

Did it work every time?

Don't be an moron, of course not, lol

But when it didn't, I truly looked at it as a fluke and if I could learn something from it, I took that nugget from it and then I forgot it, totally.

Call it compartmentalizing, call it chronic short memory, call it selective amnesia, I don't care what ya call it.

I wiped it from my mind-

Didn't happen!!

Did it work in the locker room?

Again, don't know however I was elected captain at every level from my fifth/sixth grade team, as a fifth grader, through my senior year in college. That's all I can go on regarding how my teammates accepted my behavior.

Everyone else, including coaches, I didn't care.

Didn't give them or their views, thoughts or opinions a first thought, much less a second, lmao

If you didn't take the field with me, you could be my friend, you could be my lover, you could be my most cherished family member, but ya weren't my teammate, you didn't compete and your opinion didn't count.

Period!!

Patrick and I spoke about this and actually my Tour Bud was present and introduced us the first time.

I've never understood people using regular everyday standards and benchmarks used in a softer civilized environment for an athlete on the course/field in the heat of competition and the game and then judging their character as a man/woman(Stacy Lewis comes to mind) based off of it, and then to boot, not one of these former "teammates" has had the balls to step forward and own those accusations????

GTFOH-

If you think that that's ok, legit and the way that a man should take care of business, I don't want you anywhere near me-

Seriously, and trust me, you'll never EVER sit around a table full of athletes/former athletes, that Played a true TEAM sport(I Played HS golf, was two-year team captain but please spare me that it was a TEAM sport, lmao) and have ONE say that this type of behavior is acceptable.

Only on a friggin golf board with fake avatars and fictitious user names is it even entertained?

Some guys/gals are gifted enough or wired in such a way that they can proceed, prepare and compete as a "quiet king," and some cannot, and most run the gamut in between.

However to use a man's competitive persona to stamp, judge and label him off the course/field and outside of his competitive arena is a little narrow and apples to oranges.

Fortunately, most have never used this bar with me, as my professional/personal Mentors are some of THE most successful "quiet kings" that you will ever find, anywhere.

As possibly my greatest personal/professional mentor, himself the former CEO/President of PNC Financial, and member of ANGC & Seminole GC who took Madison to Augusta this past week(all-grounds pass?), told me back when I was 22-23yo over at the club one day during one of our talks...

"This world is a stage, we are actors and we play different parts in different plays every day. The most successful are those that can adapt and play On the greatest numbers of stages."

At my core, I am the same person regardless of the stage, though I adapt my persona and behavior to the stage.

Patrick is learning this and I myself(and this former CEO) thinks that he's doing a hell of a job.

For those that don't think so, think he's a piece of shat in golf clothes, he truly doesn't care.

Back when we spoke, my Tour Bud and I told him that THAT's THE foundational bedrock on which all else is built-

Compartmentalize, forget the negative, whether it be a shot, an individual or an experience.

Patrick's doin just fine!

Remember Gents~

FOCUS

DISCIPLINE

BE TRUE TO YOURSELF

Everyone can't be a "quiet king,"

Sometimes ya gotta make a little noise?

Or, ya can take the advice of my Tour Bud's favorite Skynyrd tune..

"Don't ask me no questions, and I won't tell you no lies"

Braaaahahahahaahaha??

I loooove this place!!

Cheers?

RP

Geez man who don't you know?! Can you and I just sit down one day and you can tell me awesome stories, we could start a podcast with all these stories!

Also spot on in your assessment.

I’d love to and while I’ll put my name behind every word and action, the best stories the participants have to remain “anonymous” ???

It wouldn’t be worth it in that context though if names were supplied it would shock the shat outa some people and change some views of certain guys by others, lmao

However my mantra has and will always be, what occurs on the field/course and in the locker room stays on the field/course and in the locker room.

Even if I can’t stand you, if you’re a teammate or fellow competitor, that’s the way that it is and will always be?

Stay well my Friend and have a great season?

My Best,

Richard

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

(btw when that says they reached out to whoever "Sunday night" - those tweets are from 2015)

Just curious...these guys were so outraged by Reed's alleged behavior that they waited...~ 5-6 YEARS to say something?

For real? When I was in college if I had been so outraged over a teammates behavior (and I wasnt so old that Twitter wasnt around) you can be darn sure I would have been outing him. How long does it take to create an anonymous, burner Twitter account? (KD?) Five seconds? Yet this entire group of guys was so furious, so angry, so sick of Reed and so tired of his behavior...that they did...exactly nothing. In 5+ years. Crickets.

Until some book came out in @ 2015 and maybe they wanted to get their names out there again? But this picture is painted of a guy who was just hated, hated, HATED by his teammates...and yet absolutely nothing was said.

Too happy winning two national titles in a row? Or maybe, just maybe, there wasnt a whole lot of fire under that smoke.

OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TM P7MC 5-7 / P7MB 8-P / Callaway '21 X Forged CBs 5-P annnnd incoming: Ping I230/Blueprint S/T
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom // Left Dash

For additional context as this has turned into driving a bulldozer over everyone involved:

An interesting element of all this is that a former Augusta State golfer Taylor Floyd, who was teammates with Reed, reached out to Ryan via Twitter on Sunday night.

Shane my man. Just saw our boy p reed spitting some garbage thru his teeth on the golf channel. Hit me up

— Floyd (@TFloyd22)

The above tweet—now deleted—was retweeted by three other Augusta State golfers from Reed’s era, Derek Chang, Carter Newman, and Mitch Krywulycz.

The below screenshot shows Floyd’s timeline from last night. He also tweeted to Ryan, “You’re not the only one who wants this dude’s nonsense to come to light.”

TaylorScreen-571x444.png

Floyd has since deleted that tweet, but then he also tweeted to Reed, “#goshen 2 days in a row a brah.”

Curious what the reference to Goshen is. The site of the accused cheating?

— Floyd (@TFloyd22)

TaylorScreen-571x444.png

I wonder what they lack to not be able to speak up themselves ?

Edit. 2015 ???? gTFO brah ! Lol. Wow.

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

The guy had, what seemed to be, less than spectacular character in college, and made some big mistakes. I know a lot of people have made big mistakes in college, but most of those never come to light. I'm sure he wasn't the only one in either of the locker rooms where he went to school that had a checkered past as well, but he's "made it" so now people are trying to catch some coin and attention. That being said, there shouldn't be any excuses, and he should come clean to the people that he affected by making any ill choices. He, however, doesn't really need to come clean with the rest of the world.

One thing that I took away from the article is that he kind of grew up and stopped screwing up when he got together with Justine. Maybe she was the disciplinarian that he needed. It doesn't sound like he had much discipline from his parents, hell they even tried covering up some of the stuff...Family ties can get severed really easily when a power shift happens, and it seems like she was the power shift.

All I know is whatever he's doing is working, and lucky for him, he plays an individual sport, so he doesn't need the friends/teammates around him. Sounds like he's always been a loner, and he definitely plays with some anger or a grudge, and I personally have no problem with it.

— Floyd (@TFloyd22)

The above tweet—now deleted—was retweeted by three other Augusta State golfers from Reed's era, Derek Chang, Carter Newman, and Mitch Krywulycz.

The below screenshot shows Floyd's timeline from last night. He also tweeted to Ryan, "You're not the only one who wants this dude's nonsense to come to light."

TaylorScreen-571x444.png

Floyd has since deleted that tweet, but then he also tweeted to Reed, "#goshen 2 days in a row a brah."

"Goshen" is a course in Augusta.

Curious what the reference to Goshen is. The site of the accused cheating?

That's the implication.

— Floyd (@TFloyd22)

TaylorScreen-571x444.png

Rofl? Are these men? Man, the way men deal with each other sure has changed.

Here are the links to these guys to see how their golf careers/money earned are doing. No wonder they are acting so whiny,

https://www.pgatour.com/players/player.46240.taylor-floyd.html

https://www.pgatour.com/players/player.35960.mitch-krywulycz.html

https://www.pgatour.com/players/player.45657.derek-chang.html

http://augustajags.com/sports/mgolf/2010-11/bios/carter_newman?view=bio

Meh,,, they just want what they can't have. Win the lottery and everyone comes out of the woodwork. Nashville, "the IT city" has people scrambling to take their share and is destroying the city in the process.

EVERYONE makes mistakes, including me, and much of our world has lost its compassion and patience. We have become too comfortable taking for ourselves, tearing down others, and creating a mess for those who follow us. We are scared of those not like us, we bully those we deem inferior and our culture is now a hollow shell that we try to polish with self-righteous drivel...

Honma TR20 Vizard RED S

Callaway Fusion 3 Wood Recoil S

PXG 6-Gap TT Elevate S

Vokey SM8 50, 54, 58

Scotty Phantom X 5.5

— Floyd (@TFloyd22)

TaylorScreen-571x444.png

Here are the links to these guys to see how their golf careers/money earned are doing. No wonder they are acting so whiny,

https://www.pgatour....ylor-floyd.html

https://www.pgatour....-krywulycz.html

https://www.pgatour....erek-chang.html

http://augustajags.c...newman?view=bio

I think what you just did would be exhibit A as to why people don't want to come forward...and I'm not speaking about P. Reed.

The descent of all of this into "Pro-Reed" versus "Anti-Reed" is so asymmetrical.

I don't know who on these pages has been "Anti-Reed." Not me; and I don't think that Shipnuck was either.

Neither one of us has made any judgment about Patrick Reed, or even made any unfair allegation(s) against him. I asked earlier if anybody could cite an unfair allegation made by Shipnuck versus Reed and there was no good response. I don't know any Reed details personally, and I have made no allegations against him.

Reed certainly has his detractors; he can answer them, or he can ignore them.

There are questions, and I hope that good writers ask them and report the responses fairly.

Doesn't seem like he had any problems with his parents before meeting his wife. He was apparently happy enough to live with them after he left UGA. It's tough to get away when you're a minor, he moved back in as an adult. Why would his parents, sister, coaches, and former team mates have formed some sort of conspiracy to assassinate his character? His sister doesn't seem to think his parents are monsters. They were well enough off financially to support him in junior golf and send a couple kids to college.

Young, socially awkward kid, probably married the first woman that ever paid any attention to him. Now it looks like he is supporting his wife's whole family.

— Floyd (@TFloyd22)

TaylorScreen-571x444.png

https://www.pgatour.com/players/player.46240.taylor-floyd.html

https://www.pgatour.com/players/player.35960.mitch-krywulycz.html

https://www.pgatour.com/players/player.45657.derek-chang.html

http://augustajags.com/sports/mgolf/2010-11/bios/carter_newman?view=bio

Bro, and I know that ya know this however they’re golfers, lmao, and members of the local “lil boys club” ???

If they feel this strongly about Patrick, I wonder if they’d give their NCAA Championship medals back, lmao????

Oh, THEY too earned them, so says a few fans in the crowd??

No, they showed up, didn’t step on their you know what’s and played, and rode Patrick’s 6-0 record to two Titles!!

If not for Patrick Reed these jerk-offs would be just another former small college golfer, lmao

Hey, all the world’s a stage and when the light’s on ya, ya either step up or ya GTF off the stage, lol

Patrick once again has given em 15 minutes, lmao

They should worship the ground that he walks on??

Ya gotta love golfers, lmao

Closest thing to a eunuch that you’re gonna see in the real world?

Fairways Greens & Eunuchs 4ever My Friends,

RP

— Floyd (@TFloyd22)

TaylorScreen-571x444.png

I think what you just did would be exhibit A as to why people don't want to come forward...and I'm not speaking about P. Reed.

You posted their names. I just posted links, like this,

https://www.pgatour.com/players/player.34360.patrick-reed.html

FedExCup Rank

$3,453,052

Official Money

My best friend just married a woman who's extremely controlling and he's become very distance from his family and friends. So I can't help but think this is the same thing.

^This. I've seen it quite a few times when a controlling and manipulative woman ends up causing a rift in the space-family continuum.

But from his cheating college days and the way his own college teammates and coach called him out, I tend to think he's just a db all around.

— Floyd (@TFloyd22)

TaylorScreen-571x444.png

you are correct .. But it doesnt or shouldnt work that way.. either you have things to say or you dont..

the police dont say " well we have a witness to the killing.. but he/she doesnt want to testify , nor have their name on record. But trust us we know he did it .. our witness saw it all.. "

You have the right to know your accusers and respond....

sure there are some instances of sealed to the public deals.. BUT the accused knows the details..

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

(btw when that says they reached out to whoever "Sunday night" - those tweets are from 2015)

Just curious...these guys were so outraged by Reed's alleged behavior that they waited...~ 5-6 YEARS to say something?

For real? When I was in college if I had been so outraged over a teammates behavior (and I wasnt so old that Twitter wasnt around) you can be darn sure I would have been outing him. How long does it take to create an anonymous, burner Twitter account? (KD?) Five seconds? Yet this entire group of guys was so furious, so angry, so sick of Reed and so tired of his behavior...that they did...exactly nothing. In 5+ years. Crickets.

Until some book came out in @ 2015 and maybe they wanted to get their names out there again? But this picture is painted of a guy who was just hated, hated, HATED by his teammates...and yet absolutely nothing was said.

Too happy winning two national titles in a row? Or maybe, just maybe, there wasnt a whole lot of fire under that smoke.

If I could like your comments, I would. This is spot on.

— Floyd (@TFloyd22)

TaylorScreen-571x444.png

you are correct .. But it doesnt or shouldnt work that way.. either you have things to say or you dont..

the police dont say " well we have a witness to the killing.. but he/she doesnt want to testify , nor have their name on record. But trust us we know he did it .. our witness saw it all.. "

You have the right to know your accusers and respond....

sure there are some instances of sealed to the public deals.. BUT the accused knows the details..

It's not like they are whistle blowers craving anonymity.

These guys seem to be want to shout this stuff from the rooftops with their names/accounts. Not sure why there would be anything unfair about pointing out what they willingly did on social media.

If you have a problem with someone, it might be them. If you have a problem with everyone, it's probably you.

Let's put it this way.

Snake was the scourge of society

But an awesome dude, nonetheless ; )

I hear you, PR marches to his own drummer, lots of big names do. Look at Sir Nick, been divorced 3 times I think. Who cares? Still a great golfer.

The descent of all of this into "Pro-Reed" versus "Anti-Reed" is so asymmetrical.

I don't know who on these pages has been "Anti-Reed." Not me; and I don't think that Shipnuck was either.

Neither one of us has made any judgment about Patrick Reed, or even made any unfair allegation(s) against him. I asked earlier if anybody could cite an unfair allegation made by Shipnuck versus Reed and there was no good response. I don't know any Reed details personally, and I have made no allegations against him.

Reed certainly has his detractors; he can answer them, or he can ignore them.

There are questions, and I hope that good writers ask them and report the responses fairly.

The unfairness was in the timing of the question at the champions press conference and the story that followed. Shipnuck (or should I say you), chased this for 3 years. The whole way, being told by Patrick, he wasn't interested in participating in the story, which is his prerogative.