2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Patrick Reed golf.com Story - A Must Read

williamsnrb

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't care if he has sex with goats.

I couldn’t agree more Bro, but no, there’s a line and beastiality crosses it??

I mean, we gotta draw a line somewhere, right???

Cheers?

RP

Need to know for sure. Are we talking a literal or figurative goat? The forums is full of goat humpers so clarification matters. :)

Ping G400 Testing G410.  10.5 set at small -
Ping G410 3, 5 and 7 wood

Ping G410 5 hybrid-not much use.  
Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal. 5-G
Vokey 54.10, 2009 58.12 M, Testing TM MG2 60* TW grind and MG3 56* TW grind.  Or Ping Glide Stealth, 54,58 SS.  
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly

Wow. Read the follow up. And all I can't say is , the more I read the more I dislike this guy. I haven't counted. But I'd wager there's more I's in jthat piece than any other word.

So he set this talk up with Patrick's parents. Not they reached out. He wrestled with the choice of writing it or not. Discussed with his editor and after crunching the numbers , decided to proceed. Now he is trying to explain why he made the choice. Hmmmm

Hope enjoyed his press pass. I'd bet dollars to dog poop he doesn't have one waiting next year. National can't be happy about the negativity here.

There is a point where "journalism" gives way to "salacious gossip", and this guy crossed the line, and then unwrapped his package of poop in the post-tournament presser,,, I agree... I suspect he'll be very politely, yet firmly, told to make other plans for the first full week in April next year.

FORE RIGHT!!!!

On a side note, a lot of WRX’ers have really shared their own situations in this thread and I hope that some find some comfort/respect/understanding in those stories. Deep stuff for a golf forum.

Well said Rob, well said. This just goes to show we all live different lives, have different influences and demons. Thank you to those who have shared personal experiences.

I couldn't agree more Bro, but no, there's a line and beastiality crosses it

I mean, we gotta draw a line somewhere, right??

Cheers

RP

Need to know for sure. Are we talking a literal or figurative goat? The forums is full of goat humpers so clarification matters. :)

Acchhh.....ya f**k one little goat....

FORE RIGHT!!!!

I just wanted to chime in here on this regarding how some people view this from the outside looking in and are somewhat shocked or appalled by Reed's refusal to let his parents meet their grandchildren.

I have some experience in the "estranged family department" and it's not at all surprising to me that this has lasted 6+ years. Whether Reed is right or wrong, his parents are right or wrong, or some complex mixture of the two(most likely case) - these situations almost never manifest suddenly or in a simple manner. Betrayal or deep disrespect by a family member (whether you're perceiving the situation correctly or not) is extremely difficult to work through.

I don't know anything other than what I've read in a handful of stories that have been released since Reed won the Masters so I'm not here to defend or criticize him - I just want to share my perspective and provide some insight from someone who's been through a somewhat similar situation. If you've never been on either end of something like this, it is difficult to wrap your mind around but once you feel the hurt from either perspective you gain a new understanding of how people become strangers to people that raised them or who grew up with them.

I hope that for Patrick's sake and the sake of his family that they can work this out, but at the same time I understand that he may have justifiable reasons for making the decisions he's made regarding his family.

Just my two cents. Not downing anyone at all.

Man. I’m rolling this around.

Put yourself in this place.

You are leading the masters after 54 holes. You have all the worries that go along with that. What to eat for dinner , you don’t need tummy troubles tomorow. Getting enough sleep. Getting the right feel going on the practice tee tomorow. And on and on. You think if I can stay with the game plan , shoot a decent number and not backup tomorow I can attain a lifelong dream. An accomplishment that most never reach. Join one of the most elite fraternities on earth. Certainly in sport.

Fast forward to the putt on 18 to win. You make it and feel the joy of the moment. BUT.....,

You have no idea that over the last 24 hours a vulture or squadrons of them have been conspiring to knock you down from the perch you’ve rightfully earned. Not in the customary way , which is competitors looking to best you next time. No ..... by coercing your astranged parents into an interview ... one that has to be timed perfectly so that the post round press conference can be attended. To be sure that the warning shot is fired directly into the target. You.

You now know that your joy is short lived. That you’ve simply painted a larger target on your back. And that it will now take more wins. More majors. More more more. To change the narrative. How much is enough ?

If I’m reading the follow up correctly. It’s likely the most dastardly reporting piece on sports I’ve ever heard of. To setup all that behind the scenes of a guys first major. One as special as Augusta. To ruin such a once In a lifetime event.

All i can think is....if abuse had been going on. This guy just enabled them to continue it from beyond the grave in a sense.

Shame. What a shame.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

You are leading the masters after 54 holes. You have all the worries that go along with that. What to eat for dinner , you don’t need tummy troubles tomorow. Getting enough sleep. Getting the right feel going on the practice tee tomorow. And on and on. You think if I can stay with the game plan , shoot a decent number and not backup tomorow I can attain a lifelong dream. An accomplishment that most never reach. Join one of the most elite fraternities on earth. Certainly in sport.

Fast forward to the putt on 18 to win. You make it and feel the joy of the moment. BUT.....,

You have no idea that over the last 24 hours a vulture or squadrons of them have been conspiring to knock you down from the perch you’ve rightfully earned. Not in the customary way , which is competitors looking to best you next time. No ..... by coercing your astranged parents into an interview ... one that has to be timed perfectly so that the post round press conference can be attended. To be sure that the warning shot is fired directly into the target. You.

You now know that your joy is short lived. That you’ve simply painted a larger target on your back. And that it will now take more wins. More majors. More more more. To change the narrative. How much is enough ?

If I’m reading the follow up correctly. It’s likely the most dastardly reporting piece on sports I’ve ever heard of. To setup all that behind the scenes of a guys first major. One as special as Augusta. To ruin such a once In a lifetime event.

All i can think is....if abuse had been going on. This guy just enabled them to continue it from beyond the grave in a sense.

Shame. What a shame.

Blade!

Yes, dastardly, I agree.

But PR is prolly eating a 4" porterhouse in a hot tub in a green jacket looking at a check for $2MM and ordering a boat with 3 propellers.

; )

I drank and drugged so much, I stopped going to college to concentrate full time on drugs and alcohol. My Mom and Dad were alcoholics and prescription pill junkies.

45 years later: I have been reasonably successful in business and do not care what folks think about my past discretions and make no bones to hide it. I no longer drink and drug but think about it regularly.

But I didn't win the masters. Nobody gives a rats a**.

Patrick won the freaking green jersey. I couldn't care if he has sex with goats.

Goat humping?

Should we move this to the "Instruction" thread?

; )

No instruction needed. It’s all feel, but unlike golf the more strokes the better. Just don’t let the goat mistake ur wee-wee for a carrot and keep ur mouth shut lol.

Alan Shipnuck goes back on the record to write about the story behind his story:

www.golf.com/tour-news/2018/04/10/masters-patrick-reeds-complicated-past-story-behind-my-story

It sort of made me wonder if he has been reading this thread. For instance, I used the word "cipher" several pages back, to describe the stonewalling of the press, and so did Alan in this additional follow-up.

The refrain of my favorite Carly Simon song leaps to mind.

Man. I'm rolling this around.

You are leading the masters after 54 holes. You have all the worries that go along with that. What to eat for dinner , you don't need tummy troubles tomorow. Getting enough sleep. Getting the right feel going on the practice tee tomorow. And on and on. You think if I can stay with the game plan , shoot a decent number and not backup tomorow I can attain a lifelong dream. An accomplishment that most never reach. Join one of the most elite fraternities on earth. Certainly in sport.

You have no idea that over the last 24 hours a vulture or squadrons of them have been conspiring to knock you down from the perch you've rightfully earned. Not in the customary way , which is competitors looking to best you next time. No ..... by coercing your astranged parents into an interview ... one that has to be timed perfectly so that the post round press conference can be attended. To be sure that the warning shot is fired directly into the target. You.

You now know that your joy is short lived. That you've simply painted a larger target on your back. And that it will now take more wins. More majors. More more more. To change the narrative. How much is enough ?

If I'm reading the follow up correctly. It's likely the most dastardly reporting piece on sports I've ever heard of. To setup all that behind the scenes of a guys first major. One as special as Augusta. To ruin such a once In a lifetime event.

Shame. What a shame.

Blade!

Yes, dastardly, I agree.

But PR is prolly eating a 4" porterhouse in a hot tub in a green jacket looking at a check for $2MM and ordering a boat with 3 propellers.

; )

x4 after taxes.. And I would imagine the boat would be a freebie...

Honma TR20 Vizard RED S

Callaway Fusion 3 Wood Recoil S

PXG 6-Gap TT Elevate S

Vokey SM8 50, 54, 58

Scotty Phantom X 5.5

Oh, and Justine is the furthest thing from a gold digger, hahaha. As a woman and a woman who has spent a fair amount of time around men who indeed had ladies on their arms who were there for the gold, or perceived gold, Justine was with Patrick when he didn't have a pot to piss in(I apologize for using this phrase however this really upsets me), and the only other individual in his world who believed in him was Justine. She's a great woman, wife and mother :) M

I say you just keeping going girl!

(And I say that with full support of my wife and two over 18 daughters who say it's totally, like totally (ok, they couldn't be any farther away from talking like that) appropriate for me to use that expression - hope you agree.)

Man. I'm rolling this around.

You are leading the masters after 54 holes. You have all the worries that go along with that. What to eat for dinner , you don't need tummy troubles tomorow. Getting enough sleep. Getting the right feel going on the practice tee tomorow. And on and on. You think if I can stay with the game plan , shoot a decent number and not backup tomorow I can attain a lifelong dream. An accomplishment that most never reach. Join one of the most elite fraternities on earth. Certainly in sport.

You have no idea that over the last 24 hours a vulture or squadrons of them have been conspiring to knock you down from the perch you've rightfully earned. Not in the customary way , which is competitors looking to best you next time. No ..... by coercing your astranged parents into an interview ... one that has to be timed perfectly so that the post round press conference can be attended. To be sure that the warning shot is fired directly into the target. You.

You now know that your joy is short lived. That you've simply painted a larger target on your back. And that it will now take more wins. More majors. More more more. To change the narrative. How much is enough ?

If I'm reading the follow up correctly. It's likely the most dastardly reporting piece on sports I've ever heard of. To setup all that behind the scenes of a guys first major. One as special as Augusta. To ruin such a once In a lifetime event.

Shame. What a shame.

Blade!

Yes, dastardly, I agree.

; )

x4 after taxes.. And I would imagine the boat would be a freebie...

Reed spend the whole $2MM and order a dance floor in the basement

Then be like

The piece itself was oddly timed. The “article explaining the article” is borderline bizarre. Except...

A tour player is claiming Shipnuck received a 6 month ban from Tour coverage for reporting a comment overheard in a locker room in Charlotte. The player who made the statement apparently told tour officials the comments were NOT made directly to Shipnuck AND Shipnuck never asked the player for permission to run with them.

I think we need to shift focus from the Masters winner to this “journalist,” his employer, and the outlets that pick him up.

After all, “where there is smoke, there is fire.”

Shame. What a shame.

Blade!

Yes, dastardly, I agree.

; )

Oh i know it. But we can’t excuse these bastards ( his word from the article ).

He could have done this story anytime. But he teed it up and waited. I wonder how long. 2 years ? Thats psycho killer stuff right there.

Edit. Thought of this. To me this is equal to say ifhe had asked Sergio last year after the win at Augusta. “ so Sergio will you be serving fried chicken next year “? Wouldn’t that have squashed the vibe just as much as his question to Reed ? First class sucker punch is what it was. Man I hate a coward.

He hides behind the idea that he “ hoped in the moment he may soften up and reach out “ . Wow. If there was a smal chance of reconciliation, there is certainly none now. He single handedly cemented the position into place. Just baffling to me

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

I've posted several times in this thread, but had to re-visit as seeing the picture of Reed with the green jacket on ESPN and then the headline about his family annoyed the crap out of me.

I am still absolutely baffled as to why Reed's family thought it was a good idea to run with a story like that if they are trying to mend fences with him.

I don't know Reed from a hole in the wall, but it seems like that would be the last thing you would want to do.

Every major winner that ever won a major is just an all round great guy.

And the media should only report the facts as we know them, and can be proven to be as such.

Got it.

TaylorMade Qi10 10.5* 
Callaway BB Alpha 816 16*
Srixon Z H45 Hybrid 19* 
Srixon ZX Utility 23*
Srixon ZX5 Mk II 5-AW

Callaway Jaws Raw Black 54 & 58
TaylorMade Spider Tour Black
Bridgestone Tour RX

I give Patrick the benefit of doubt. Team dynamics can be fickle. It's easy to imagine a confident but introverted Reed being outcast by his teammates, especially considering that his talent & abilities made him a legitimate threat. Once things get going in the wrong direction there can be a "pile on" mentality, and the fact that his confidence was likely unfazed and he was unwilling to pay deference probably contributed. Team chemistry can get going in a bad direction real quick. Especially in golf where it's really an individual endeavour, then a team component in college.

In terms of the parents and his personal life, who knows? It's none of our business, no matter how curious we all may be. Perhaps one day Patrick will publicly provide some details and perspective.

I agree. Some competitive people act very strange in "team" settings, and will subconsciously isolate themselves if they don't feel comfortable fitting in otherwise. That's always the impression I got of Patrick. This is all pure speculation on my part. Some people get quiet, some people try to fit in, others go against the grain and try to stir things up. That can be what drives them - the me against the world situation.

That's why I'm guessing his coach at Augusta stuck with him. He might have sensed some what of the competitive awkwardness in Pat, rather than the complete mess other people saw. And clearly he used that to make everyone push eachother, which isn't unusual in sports as we see that with great teams all the time (Shaq, Kobe).

Again, I have zero evidence to back this up, it's just the impression I've gotten from what I've read.

The piece itself was oddly timed. The "article explaining the article" is borderline bizarre. Except...

A tour player is claiming Shipnuck received a 6 month ban from Tour coverage for reporting a comment overheard in a locker room in Charlotte. The player who made the statement apparently told tour officials the comments were NOT made directly to Shipnuck AND Shipnuck never asked the player for permission to run with them.

I think we need to shift focus from the Masters winner to this "journalist," his employer, and the outlets that pick him up.

After all, "where there is smoke, there is fire."

This is going to be like a heel turning face in wrestling.

The fans were lukewarm about the Reed victory. Then story after story comes out trashing the guy, and suddenly people who were on the fence are rooting for Reed to hit these journalists with a Stone Cold Stunner.

Every major winner that ever won a major is just an all round great guy.

And the media should only report the facts as we know them, and can be proven to be as such.

Got it.

No,, you missed it

Honma TR20 Vizard RED S

Callaway Fusion 3 Wood Recoil S

PXG 6-Gap TT Elevate S

Vokey SM8 50, 54, 58

Scotty Phantom X 5.5

I couldn’t agree more Bro, but no, there’s a line and beastiality crosses it??

I mean, we gotta draw a line somewhere, right???

Cheers?

RP

You haven't heard the joke about the preacher and the Afghan? Ghost? I thought you said goat!!

Guess you had to be there :)

Titleist TSR4 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

The piece itself was oddly timed. The “article explaining the article” is borderline bizarre. Except...

I think we need to shift focus from the Masters winner to this “journalist,” his employer, and the outlets that pick him up.

After all, “where there is smoke, there is fire.”

Shipnuck proves that all guys with pens are not qualified to be journalists.

Titleist TSR4 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

Alan Shipnuck goes back on the record to write about the story behind his story:

www.golf.com/tour-news/2018/04/10/masters-patrick-reeds-complicated-past-story-behind-my-story

It sort of made me wonder if he has been reading this thread. For instance, I used the word "cipher" several pages back, to describe the stonewalling of the press, and so did Alan in this additional follow-up.

That's certainly possible. A lot of folks have opinions about this one, it seems.

917D3 9.5 Rogue Black
917F3 15 Diamana Blue
818H2 19 Tensei Blue
Mizuno MP14 2
Mizuno MP4 4-9
Vokey SM7 46, 50, 54, 58
Edel 60
(will swap 58 for 60 and a Vokey for the 2-iron as needed)
Custom Scotty Newport 2
or
Scotty X5R

I just wanted to chime in here on this regarding how some people view this from the outside looking in and are somewhat shocked or appalled by Reed's refusal to let his parents meet their grandchildren.

I have some experience in the "estranged family department" and it's not at all surprising to me that this has lasted 6+ years. Whether Reed is right or wrong, his parents are right or wrong, or some complex mixture of the two(most likely case) - these situations almost never manifest suddenly or in a simple manner. Betrayal or deep disrespect by a family member (whether you're perceiving the situation correctly or not) is extremely difficult to work through.

I don't know anything other than what I've read in a handful of stories that have been released since Reed won the Masters so I'm not here to defend or criticize him - I just want to share my perspective and provide some insight from someone who's been through a somewhat similar situation. If you've never been on either end of something like this, it is difficult to wrap your mind around but once you feel the hurt from either perspective you gain a new understanding of how people become strangers to people that raised them or who grew up with them.

I hope that for Patrick's sake and the sake of his family that they can work this out, but at the same time I understand that he may have justifiable reasons for making the decisions he's made regarding his family.

Just my two cents. Not downing anyone at all.

Well said. We may never know, but that's certainly their prerogative.

917D3 9.5 Rogue Black
917F3 15 Diamana Blue
818H2 19 Tensei Blue
Mizuno MP14 2
Mizuno MP4 4-9
Vokey SM7 46, 50, 54, 58
Edel 60
Custom Scotty Newport 2
or
Scotty X5R

Shame. What a shame.

That's very interesting to consider. Thanks, bladehunter, for all of your input in this discussion.

917D3 9.5 Rogue Black
917F3 15 Diamana Blue
818H2 19 Tensei Blue
Mizuno MP14 2
Mizuno MP4 4-9
Vokey SM7 46, 50, 54, 58
Edel 60
Custom Scotty Newport 2
or
Scotty X5R

Shitmuck was eloquent in the "explanation" piece but it seemed defensive and contrived, like that piece was also in the back pocket. Had to clear the original

article with the editor?

Having said that, he'd written a pretty positive piece about Patrick a few years ago.

So "real" journalist or low rent milking this for all it's worth weasel?