2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Patrick Reed golf.com Story - A Must Read

williamsnrb

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless it’s already been “reported” it’s just a matter of time and the Reeds will be accused of sexual molestation of Patrick. We all know its coming. All of us, whether we know it or not, were sexually abused as children. I just felt obligated to get that out if someone else didn’t beat me to it. You’re mighty welcome.

Alan Shipnuck goes back on the record to write about the story behind his story:

www.golf.com/tour-news/2018/04/10/masters-patrick-reeds-complicated-past-story-behind-my-story

It sort of made me wonder if he has been reading this thread. For instance, I used the word "cipher" several pages back, to describe the stonewalling of the press, and so did Alan in this additional follow-up.

The refrain of my favorite Carly Simon song leaps to mind.

Haha! That drew a rare horse laugh.

He's inspiring sea changes in the industry and, now, articles by veteran reporters about Masters champions.

I have consulted the rules of professional golf behavior and there is no statute that demands a member slavishly love their parents no matter what. No professional golfer is required to involve his parents in his own success, on or off the course.

To worry about, or to try and channel Reed's relationship to his parents and sibling based on how "we" feel about our parents and siblings is just weird.

This "journalism" is just another example of how creepy we have become as a society--we have no business knowing or even thinking about the "angst" that Reed's parents and sister are suffering. We have no business suggesting/demanding that Reed make up and go kissy face with his family either--his choice. Maybe someone will set up a "wire a buck" internet fund to accommodate all the "I'm just so offended!" Reed haters' desire to "do something" for the poor parents.

Meantime, let's all move on knowing and appreciating that there are no rules that adult professional golfers have to be warm and fuzzy.

It's a shame that none of these writers or editors will ever be famous enough that someone will call up all people in their past with an axe to grind, and post their stories and skeletons for the world to see. Then at least I could respect their call on whether or not a story "needs to be told".

Here's a thought. Someone that gets a hit piece like this put on them should take some of that wealth they've earned doing whatever it is that made them a target in the first place and hire/fund an ambitious student writer to investigate one of these guys and drop a hit piece right back at them and see how they deal with it. That would be excellent me thinks

I already liked Reed for his fire and I love nothing more than someone with big enough marbles to tell everyone how good he is and then back it up. I also happen to enjoy someone who talks trash and flames out, but everyone pretending that Reed winning has somehow offended their sense humanity makes absolutely hope he wins a couple more and keep tearing it up at the Ryder/Presidents cups in the future. Maybe it's having to read all the perfect posters on here over the years huff and puff with outrage about golfers doing things on tv while playing that every single one of us do when we play. Or maybe it's the same huff and puff about Tiger cheating on his wife like more than half the world population that has brought me to this glorious point. Whatever it is, PReed struck a blow for the average flawed human being this weekend.

/rant

I am amazed that so many here find it hard to believe that there are not a 1000 reasons Reed is estranged from his family.

My wife (of 30 years) was basically estranged from her dad... a phone call on birthdays.

Same with her sister.

She is 100% estranged from her brother.

They all have met my son but there is no relationship with him.

Even I don't know all the details of why... but I know enough and can guess enough that I not only do I support her fully in the estrangement... I have encouraged it during the times when she's wanted to reach out when they have shown no remorse or acknowledgement of past issues. It just brings more heartbreak as she is denied once again what she feels should be a normal relationship with her family.

When we began dating seriously my parents and family because a surrogate family to her. Much like O'Hairs wife and in-laws became to him and what is likely Reed's wife and parents are to him. It's offensive to me when so many here jump to the conclusion that she is the controlling one that is keeping him from his family. His well documented issues in college are more likely a symptom of the issues he had with his family/upbringing and I think it is more likely she has provided him some stability and a surrogate family that has allowed him to reach his potential.

That said...

My mom was a social working for 50 years.. my sister a child physiatrist who worked for a non-profit dealing with disadvantaged children for 20 years... and I golf with a public defender.

My wifes issues are puppies and ice-cream compared to what I've heard over the years about family dynamics from them. I think way too many people here live in a bubble. I am not an outgoing person but I know plenty of people that are estranged from family members for a variety of reasons.

Reed's family seem creepy. The airing of the family conflict publicly over the years seems to be more about them than about him. It's also counter-productive. I commend Reed in his ability to not be drawn into it publicly.

We don't know why Reed is estranged from his family. We don't deserve to know why... it is none of our business. His family knows why but they are not being honest about it.

All we really know is that Shipnuck is a cowardly "journalist" that preys upon other peoples personal life to make a buck. Reed's personal family issues have nothing to do with his Masters win. How guys like that sleep at night I don't know

My experience with parents within my family: There are a million reasons why it's good to get along with your parents. But there are also multiple reasons not to get along with them anymore, up to the point that you cut contact completely. For instance if you have parents who are control freaks, tell you what to do in every aspect of your life (because they "know what's good for you"), and actively influence your life by being overpresent and disrespecting your deserved privacy. Then you have a choice to make. You either accept it for the sake of peace in the family, or you tell them you don't want and accept this kind of behaviour anymore. Parents who, at a certain point in life, interfere in every aspect of their kid's life, telling them they are just wanting the best for them without asking can be simply unbearable. It is selfish behaviour from parents who refuse to give up control over their kids. My mother-in-law is that kind of person. Things like that can become unbearable.

But since we don't know what's going on in the Reed family (and it's none of our business!!) we shouldn't judge Patrick Reed, his wife or anyone in his surrounding for things we don't have a clue about. And Mr. Shipnuck should know that if asks one side of the family he will only get a one-sided response. That's tabloid style, he should know better. He is not writing for Huff Post! Two thumbs down, Mr. Shipnuck!!

The article's tone is very different to me. It states a lot of facts that I'm not sure can be verified like it's verified. It reads like nothing but a very one sided bash on Reed. Now I'm not a Reed fan since he really hasn't done anything to make things better to anybody but his closest family (like just clarifying some stuff or admitting to faults). His personality is not well suited to be a public figure but unfortunately (and still fortunately) that's what he is. I'm surprised golf.com actually published this. Not to mention it was a rehash? I think I've actually seen the old one too.

But regardless, I don't think it's right to dislike Reed. He's just quirky and not very likable but hasn't really done too much bad (other than the cheating stuff which in Golf terms really matters). But like say an amateur bends the rules a little and people don't really vilify him (other than me doubting their real handicap lol).

Callaway Paradym TD 10* Ventus Red TR 5S

Titleist TSR3 13.5* 3 Wood Tour AD-IZ 6S

Titleist TSR3 19* hybrid Modus GOST S

Titleist TSR2 24* hybrid Modus GOST S

Callaway Paradym Hybrid 27* Ventus non Velocore S

Titleist T100 2023 6-PW KBS Tour V S

Titleist SM8 50, 56, 60

Scotty Cameron X7.5 CS

If I'm reading the follow up correctly. It's likely the most dastardly reporting piece on sports I've ever heard of. To setup all that behind the scenes of a guys first major. One as special as Augusta. To ruin such a once In a lifetime event.

All i can think is....if abuse had been going on. This guy just enabled them to continue it from beyond the grave in a sense.

Shame. What a shame.

I cant get over how much more ludicrous I find this situation now having read the follow up "article". This guy clearly set out to make this all about himself and in my opinion is continuing to say that. This seems more and more like straight up tabloid journalism. I doubt he'll be banned from anywhere though. He'll continue to get the clicks which was his whole goal in the first place.

Everyone is talking about him, good or bad. I bet his podcast numbers will go up. He got what he wanted in the end and it doesnt at all sound like he really cares how he got there.

OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TM P7MC 5-7 / P7MB 8-P / Callaway '21 X Forged CBs 5-P annnnd incoming: Ping I230/Blueprint S/T
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom // Left Dash

I thought this article was better:

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/masters-2018-patrick-reeds-real-problem-might-be-that-people-just-dont-know-him

Summary

- He has a chequered past, but part of the problem is because people don't know enough about him

- He is not a 'sunshine boy' like the crowd of Spieth, Fowler etc, but there's nothing wrong with that

- He is withdrawn, he could interact more, but that's just his personality

- He is cocky, but has somewhat backed it up (although I don't agree that he was in the top 5 when he said that)

- Reed plays a lot of golf, which is maybe why he hasn't played well in majors before. Learning to manage that

- Finishes with two people that say something positive things about him

I am amazed that so many here find it hard to believe that there are not a 1000 reasons Reed is estranged from his family.

My wife (of 30 years) was basically estranged from her dad... a phone call on birthdays.

Same with her sister.

Even I don't know all the details of why... but I know enough and can guess enough that I not only do I support her fully in the estrangement... I have encouraged it during the times when she's wanted to reach out when they have shown no remorse or acknowledgement of past issues. It just brings more heartbreak as she is denied once again what she feels should be a normal relationship with her family.

When we began dating seriously my parents and family because a surrogate family to her. Much like O'Hairs wife and in-laws became to him and what is likely Reed's wife and parents are to him. It's offensive to me when so many here jump to the conclusion that she is the controlling one that is keeping him from his family. His well documented issues in college are more likely a symptom of the issues he had with his family/upbringing and I think it is more likely she has provided him some stability and a surrogate family that has allowed him to reach his potential.

That said...

My mom was a social working for 50 years.. my sister a child physiatrist who worked for a non-profit dealing with disadvantaged children for 20 years... and I golf with a public defender.

My wifes issues are puppies and ice-cream compared to what I've heard over the years about family dynamics from them. I think way too many people here live in a bubble. I am not an outgoing person but I know plenty of people that are estranged from family members for a variety of reasons.

Reed's family seem creepy. The airing of the family conflict publicly over the years seems to be more about them than about him. It's also counter-productive. I commend Reed in his ability to not be drawn into it publicly.

We don't know why Reed is estranged from his family. We don't deserve to know why... it is none of our business. His family knows why but they are not being honest about it.

All we really know is that Shipnuck is a cowardly "journalist" that preys upon other peoples personal life to make a buck. Reed's personal family issues have nothing to do with his Masters win. How guys like that sleep at night I don't know

Well said, particularly the "deserve to know part". I remember thinking about that when everyone was throwing around theories about Bubba's weight loss and recent return to good form. Someone said something to the effect of "he needs to just tell everyone what the deal is" as though we are somehow owed private information about people because we watch them on TV. Its entitled and perverse, especially since what we know them for has nothing to do with these things.

I don't really care about Reed one way or the other, but I DO care about psychology and relationships as it seems you do as well, and people who either don't care or don't have experience with these things need to leave their two cents at the door.

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 10.5* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Qi10 15* Tensei AV White 85TX 1.0 // Taylormade Stealth+ 16* Ventus Black 8x
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 19* Nippon GOST Prototype Hybrid 10
Callaway X-Forged Single♦️  22* Nippon GOST Tour X  // Bridgestone J15 CB 4i Raw Nippon GOST Tour X
Bridgestone 
J15 CB 5i-7i 26*- 34* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 6.8-7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 38*- 46* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM9 50* Raw F-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot // Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

Can't believe the vitriol for Alan here. I don't really see much wrong with the article and follow up. They're both interesting and sad about Reeds family situation and college history. It helps explain the man Reed and why he may not be well liked by fans and fellow tour players.

As for the estrangement, wouldn't be the first time that some P*$$y drove a wedge between a man and his family. One must remember that before his wife came along a lot of support was provided by his parents to support his golfing and college. I really doubt his parents and sister were monsters.

I bet some of the same folks here trashing Alan were here trashing Patrick when he mad the "top 5" comment a few years ago.

Same with her sister.

That said...

Excellent post .... and so true.

How would we feel if this were DJ and the us open and he wrote a piece that day aboot his involvement in a murder and his many women etc. and the brainwashing of him by Gretzky ?

How about if it’s phil and he wins the open and he does s hit piece that day about Phil’s wagering buddies and his stock tips. ?

I tell you what. He would be crucified. So why isn’t he with reed ?

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

Titleist MB 3-pw modus 130x 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Funny, the "Top 5 player in the world" comment never bothered me. To me it was as if he was stating a goal, not making a proclamation on his status at the time. Still, it was brash & cocky to blurt it out, but I'd bet that most super elite athletes who make it to the pinnacle of their sport share this kind of confidence, even if they choose to play it cool and feign humility.

Patrick not only provided insight to his psyche with that comment, he very likely added an additional source of motivation that drove him to back up his claims and silence naysayers.

USGA Index: ~0

[b]WITB[/b]:
Ping G410 LST 9 degree - Tour AD IZ 6x
Ping G410 LST - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Kasco K2K 33 - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Callaway RazrX Tour 4h - Tour 95 shaft
Ping i200 5-UW (2 flat) - Nippon Modus 105X
Taylormade HiToe 54 (bent to 55 & 2 flat)
Taylormade HiToe 64 (Bent to 62 & 2 flat)
Palmer AP30R putter (circa 1960s)
Taylormade TP5X Ball

Funny, the "Top 5 player in the world" comment never bothered me. To me it was as if he was stating a goal, not making a proclamation on his status at the time. Still, it was brash & cocky to blurt it out, but I'd bet that most super elite athletes who make it to the pinnacle of their sport share this kind of confidence, even if they choose to play it cool and feign humility.

Patrick not only provided insight to his psyche with that comment, he very likely added an additional source of motivation that drove him to back up his claims and silence naysayers.

Any man who must say 'I am king' is no true king at all.

Reed could have waited until he was actually in the top 5, or not said it all. I never hear Jordan Spieth talking about how good he is. Because he doesn't need to, results speak for themselves, and that's for others to do.

Reed could have waited until he was actually in the top 5, or not said it all. I never hear Jordan Spieth talking about how good he is. Because he doesn't need to, results speak for themselves, and that's for others to do.

Very good points. Whatever he is, humble is not it.

Yes, that's certainly the more PC way to handle things, but don't think for a second that Spieth doesn't have that same extreme self-belief. If they all present themselves the same how boring would that be for the rest of us?

It's not as if Patrick went all Muhammad Ali screaming at the top of his lungs, "I AM THE GREATEST!" lol?

[b]WITB[/b]:
Taylormade TP5X Ball

Maybe the parents are bad. But why would you leave your little sister alone with them?

Speaking from my own experiences (you can read those a few pages back), it isn't always that simple. What if the sister doesn't see the family dynamic in the same way Patrick did? Patrick is much older than his sister, it's very possible she had a different experience with the parents as a result. Given Justine's statements a few years ago on Facebook, it's not unreasonable to conclude Patrick suffered the abusive "little league dad" scenario in a dramatic way. Given she's a female, maybe Bill didn't push her in ways he did Patrick.

I left home as a 17 year old prior to my senior year of high school and took my brother, who was 6 years younger, with me. I worked a full time job in a furniture factory after school, graduated, went to the military and took him with me. I did the best I could for us both until we went to college together after his high school graduation. It took our mother half a year to figure out we were gone! He doesn't remember the drugs, alcohol, random strangers, fights, arguments, or even the time my mom stabbed some random guy with a pair of kitchen scissors. He was 11 when we left home. How much detail of your family dynamic do you remember from age 10 and under? Especially the sort of detail you want to forget!

We are both college graduates with great families of our own. Although we have a pretty good relationship, he still harbors some resentment toward me for "abandoning the family" the way we did. But, as I have said, he just doesn't remember how bad it was. He also doesn't recognize how local law enforcement knew us on a first name basis when we were that young.

It's easy to speculate because Patrick isn't all that likable. The only facts we know are, Shipnuck is hot-garbage, there's way more to this situation than we will ever know and it's absolutely none of our business!

Interesting because after trying to process this whole story for the last 4 days I’m still on the fence. On PRs side I can understand the family issue. A family that really cares is not going to be having media at their house watching them cry as they root on their son acting like total innocents. The timing of the article is horrendous and just shows the kind of crap PR was probably dealing with. The behavior that he has displayed in the past is most likely accentuated by the influences of his family. Lying, cheating , stealing are things some of us have done to one degree or another at some point in our lives. Parents are sometimes there to help correct those behaviors and support good behavior but if you never had that support it may take longer to self correct.

On the other side PR does not seem to be well liked by most people he has had more than casual contact with excluding his current family. He is a hard worker and a fighter who believes in himself and doesn’t care what people think of him good or bad. He is not fake but also not open so hard to get a read on Reed. He made some brash statements about his ability but he seems to be a person who believes in himself 100% and doesn’t need outside reinforcement for confirmation.

If you are bullied at home you are often a bully away from home. If you are made to feel less at home you either believe it and depend on those people who make you feel like that or you fight to get out of that situation.

Patrick Reed was and is a fighter. He was able to get out of what most likely was a bad situation at home which sounds like his sister could not escape. Not sure about his current situation but it seems to be working effectively for him and he seems to be moving in the right direction in both his career and personal life. In the end nothing else matters.

I loved the top 5 comment. Absolutely loved it. Loved that he won the WGC right after it. Loved that it makes people so mad. All this time we are led to believe that it's the players who are pampered and spleeny.

The truth is, it's not the players. It's the fans.

run of the mill driver with stock shaft
a couple of outdated hybrids
shovel-ier shovels
wedges from same shovel company
some putter with a dead insert and
a hideous grip

Yes, that's certainly the more PC way to handle things, but don't think for a second that Spieth doesn't have that same extreme self-belief. If they all present themselves the same how boring would that be for the rest of us?

It's not as if Patrick went all Muhammad Ali screaming at the top of his lungs, "I AM THE GREATEST!" lol

No it's worse. Ali was a showman trying to gain attention. He was part of a circus type atmosphere. For Reed......he was dead serious when he said it.

My senior bag.......

Taylormade Sim Max  9* driver reg
Callaway Rogue 3 & 5 fw woods reg
Callaway Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids reg
Sub 70 699 pro's 6-pw
Ping Glide 50*, 54* & 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2 ball putter
Sub 70 Staff bag

I'm sort of surprised that the takeaway of so many people here was that the article made Reed look bad or was some sort of attack piece. That was not my takeaway at all.

When I read the article, I did not think "wow this guy seems like a real jerk." Not at all. When I read it, I thought "wow this guy has been dealt some pretty hard and heavy stuff in his personal life but he battled through the turmoil to reach golf's highest mountain. Good for him."

I think the Patrick Reed story is a fascinating one. Yes, it's a sad and heartbreaking story. But it's also a story of tremendous courage, strength, determination and redemption.

I don't think shipnuck was out to get Patrick. I highly doubt that he is just so offended by some petty cheating and stealing stuff that he made it his mission to tear the guy down. His mission was to tell the Patrick Reed story.

On the golf course, Patrick is on a level far higher than any of us. But off the course, he is on the same level as all of us. We all have internal struggles and things going on in our personal lives. we all did dumb things when we were young and are trying to move on from them. The story highlights the fact that in this regard, the guys winning major championships are no different than the guys in our Sunday foursome. Patrick Reed is human. And frankly, a story about a guy who has overcome this stuff to achieve his dreams makes me more likely to root for him, not less.

Clearly, everyone will have their own takeaway, but that was mine. I wish more people could see the story through that lens and not through the lens of negativity.

It's not as if Patrick went all Muhammad Ali screaming at the top of his lungs, "I AM THE GREATEST!" lol��

No it's worse. Ali was a showman trying to gain attention. He was part of a circus type atmosphere. For Reed......he was dead serious when he said it.

...and in my view that makes it even better! Patrick gave us a glimpse of his inner workings, the deep seeded type of self-belief required to succeed at the highest levels. He believed he would & should be a top 5 player, and he set out to prove it. It's as if he challenged himself quite publicly and declared to the world, "watch this!"

And he made the Top 5 statement likely knowing that he was putting himself out there for ridicule & doubt by the cynics, then used the whole mess as fuel for his inner fire. It may not be the way you, me, or Jordan Spieth would go about it, but I appreciate both the candidness and cockiness of his statement...even more so now that he's backed it up with a green jacket.

If all these guys said the same nothing in press conferences and interviews how boring would that be?

[b]WITB[/b]:
Taylormade TP5X Ball

I'm sort of surprised that the takeaway of so many people here was that the article made Reed look bad or was some sort of attack piece. That was not my takeaway at all.

When I read the article, I did not think "wow this guy seems like a real jerk." Not at all. When I read it, I thought "wow this guy has been dealt some pretty hard and heavy stuff in his personal life but he battled through the turmoil to reach golf's highest mountain. Good for him."

I think the Patrick Reed story is a fascinating one. Yes, it's a sad and heartbreaking story. But it's also a story of tremendous courage, strength, determination and redemption.

I don't think shipnuck was out to get Patrick. I highly doubt that he is just so offended by some petty cheating and stealing stuff that he made it his mission to tear the guy down. His mission was to tell the Patrick Reed story.

On the golf course, Patrick is on a level far higher than any of us. But off the course, he is on the same level as all of us. We all have internal struggles and things going on in our personal lives. we all did dumb things when we were young and are trying to move on from them. The story highlights the fact that in this regard, the guys winning major championships are no different than the guys in our Sunday foursome. Patrick Reed is human. And frankly, a story about a guy who has overcome this stuff to achieve his dreams makes me more likely to root for him, not less.

Clearly, everyone will have their own takeaway, but that was mine. I wish more people could see the story through that lens and not through the lens of negativity.

I get that angle... i do. BUT its an angle that will only make sense to someone with a spotless past. Sheltered if you will.

From the angle of Reeds camp its certainly an attack piece. The narrative should never be about Shipnuck or Reeds parents on a day like that. But yet here we are , The narrative isnt how great he played. It isnt how many times he monday qualified to get status on tour. It isnt his ryder cup record. It isnt his spotless record as a husband and father. Its isnt anything positive. Its this ... His parents and their feelings .... BUT worse so its mostly about Shipnuck and his reporting on Reed. This piece has zero new news... and its timing is what makes it a 100% purposeful hit piece designed to propel Shipnucks status.

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

Titleist MB 3-pw modus 130x 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Same with her sister.

That said...

Well said, particularly the "deserve to know part". I remember thinking about that when everyone was throwing around theories about Bubba's weight loss and recent return to good form. Someone said something to the effect of "he needs to just tell everyone what the deal is" as though we are somehow owed private information about people because we watch them on TV. Its entitled and perverse, especially since what we know them for has nothing to do with these things.

I don't really care about Reed one way or the other, but I DO care about psychology and relationships as it seems you do as well, and people who either don't care or don't have experience with these things need to leave their two cents at the door.

Although there may be some on here who think we deserve to know, I feel that most are saying similar to what I feel. That in no way does Reed owe us an explanation or any further details than he cares to share. But admittedly I am interested in knowing what his side of the story is. That does not mean that I feel he needs to elaborate on personal issues that he doesn't feel comfortable sharing just because he's a public figure, but simply to state that I would be interested in knowing the full story because it's fascinating to me. Again, I do not feel that I'm entitled to anything. My information is up to me to share if I so choose and his information is up to him to share if his if he so chooses. The whole situation is just very interesting to me.

917D3 9.5 Rogue Black
917F3 15 Diamana Blue
818H2 19 Tensei Blue
Mizuno MP14 2
Mizuno MP4 4-9
Vokey SM7 46, 50, 54, 58
Edel 60
(will swap 58 for 60 and a Vokey for the 2-iron as needed)
Custom Scotty Newport 2
or
Scotty X5R

I get that angle... i do. BUT its an angle that will only make sense to someone with a spotless past. Sheltered if you will.

From the angle of Reeds camp its certainly an attack piece. The narrative should never be about Shipnuck or Reeds parents on a day like that. But yet here we are , The narrative isnt how great he played. It isnt how many times he monday qualified to get status on tour. It isnt his ryder cup record. It isnt his spotless record as a husband and father. Its isnt anything positive. Its this ... His parents and their feelings .... BUT worse so its mostly about Shipnuck and his reporting on Reed. This piece has zero new news... and its timing is what makes it a 100% purposeful hit piece designed to propel Shipnucks status.

Dam, you're on fire throughout these 20 pages! Keep it up!