2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Patrick Reed golf.com Story - A Must Read

williamsnrb

Didn’t know who he was until this past week. All I can say is that everyone of us has to come to a point where we throw away all the bitterness of the past and forgive our parents for any possible wrongs. This young man is at the pinnacle of his career and old enough to have overcome whatever ill he feels happened to him. Short of that, he is a broken man and will never reach his full potential of happiness. That is all I need to know. Poor kid is suffering and at this point it has nothing to do with his family.

The real world just doesn’t work in absolutes like that.

Example. You’re a kid who’s parents basically abandon you . On drugs don’t work etc. fast forward 30 years. You have kids of your own. Your Parents are split and each higher functioning addicts. ( still using. Just forced to work a job now ). Do you trust your kids with them ? Hell no. No chance. It’s a trust that’s so natural. Yet if it’s ever truly broken it cannot be regained. Not by a sane person.

As the old saying goes. “ where there is no trust. There is no family “.

You are pointing out an extreme example. No where am I advocating putting ones children in an unhealthy situation. I have no idea as to the details of his childhood but it is very clear he is still having trouble with his parents. That is a burden he will carry until he comes to grips with it and moves on. That my friend is reality. It doesnt mean he has to welcome his parents as those of us with better upbringings. But he will have to get beyond that or it will weigh him down for many years to come. In his defense I think the inteviewer had no business going there as he probably knew the circumstances. Maybe Reed is attempting to move on but his inlaws and wife sure don’t sound too positive and I think their actions and attitudes only make the situation worse. We cannot carry hurt and bitterness without negative impacts on our lives. That is the reality I am talking about. Winning the Masters, or any success in life, means nothing if we can’t move on from past wrongs.

To the poster amazed I had never heard of Patrick Reed, is it really that shocking? Not everyone lives and breathes PGA like you. I’m sure I could mention notables in some of my interests outside of golf you have never heard of. Big deal.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GolfWRX. Golf forum, occasionally dabbling in the realm of TMZ and Dr. Phil, with definite moments of Jerry Springer at times.........................

Callaway Rogue Max LS Driver, 9 degrees, Tensei Blue shaft

Mizuno ST180 5 wood

Ping G425 Max 7 wood
Srixon ZX4 4 iron
Srixon ZX5 irons 5-PW, Nippon N.S. Pro Modus 3 Tour 120 shafts

Cleveland RTX6 48* wedge

Cleveland Zipcore 54* wedge
Cleveland RTX 58* full face wedge
Nike Method Core Drone 2.0 putter 34"

Didn't know who he was until this past week. All I can say is that everyone of us has to come to a point where we throw away all the bitterness of the past and forgive our parents for any possible wrongs. This young man is at the pinnacle of his career and old enough to have overcome whatever ill he feels happened to him. Short of that, he is a broken man and will never reach his full potential of happiness. That is all I need to know. Poor kid is suffering and at this point it has nothing to do with his family.

The real world just doesn't work in absolutes like that.

Example. You're a kid who's parents basically abandon you . On drugs don't work etc. fast forward 30 years. You have kids of your own. Your Parents are split and each higher functioning addicts. ( still using. Just forced to work a job now ). Do you trust your kids with them ? Hell no. No chance. It's a trust that's so natural. Yet if it's ever truly broken it cannot be regained. Not by a sane person.

As the old saying goes. " where there is no trust. There is no family ".

You are pointing out an extreme example. No where am I advocating putting ones children in an unhealthy situation. I have no idea as to the details of his childhood but it is very clear he is still having trouble with his parents. That is a burden he will carry until he comes to grips with it and moves on. That my friend is reality. It doesnt mean he has to welcome his parents as those of us with better upbringings. But he will have to get beyond that or it will weigh him down for many years to come. In his defense I think the inteviewer had no business going there as he probably knew the circumstances. Maybe Reed is attempting to move on but his inlaws and wife sure don't sound too positive and I think their actions and attitudes only make the situation worse. We cannot carry hurt and bitterness without negative impacts on our lives. That is the reality I am talking about. Winning the Masters, or any success in life, means nothing if we can't move on from past wrongs.

To the poster amazed I had never heard of Patrick Reed, is it really that shocking? Not everyone lives and breathes PGA like you. I'm sure I could mention notables in some of my interests outside of golf you have never heard of. Big deal.

How do you know he hasn't gotten "beyond it" or has moved past it? He isn't the one that keeps bringing it up. His parents and the click-bait media are!

His life, post association with his parents, seems to be working out quite nicely for him!

Didn't know who he was until this past week. All I can say is that everyone of us has to come to a point where we throw away all the bitterness of the past and forgive our parents for any possible wrongs. This young man is at the pinnacle of his career and old enough to have overcome whatever ill he feels happened to him. Short of that, he is a broken man and will never reach his full potential of happiness. That is all I need to know. Poor kid is suffering and at this point it has nothing to do with his family.

Example. You're a kid who's parents basically abandon you . On drugs don't work etc. fast forward 30 years. You have kids of your own. Your Parents are split and each higher functioning addicts. ( still using. Just forced to work a job now ). Do you trust your kids with them ? Hell no. No chance. It's a trust that's so natural. Yet if it's ever truly broken it cannot be regained. Not by a sane person.

You are pointing out an extreme example. No where am I advocating putting ones children in an unhealthy situation. I have no idea as to the details of his childhood but it is very clear he is still having trouble with his parents. That is a burden he will carry until he comes to grips with it and moves on. That my friend is reality. It doesnt mean he has to welcome his parents as those of us with better upbringings. But he will have to get beyond that or it will weigh him down for many years to come. In his defense I think the inteviewer had no business going there as he probably knew the circumstances. Maybe Reed is attempting to move on but his inlaws and wife sure don't sound too positive and I think their actions and attitudes only make the situation worse. We cannot carry hurt and bitterness without negative impacts on our lives. That is the reality I am talking about. Winning the Masters, or any success in life, means nothing if we can't move on from past wrongs.

To the poster amazed I had never heard of Patrick Reed, is it really that shocking? Not everyone lives and breathes PGA like you. I'm sure I could mention notables in some of my interests outside of golf you have never heard of. Big deal.

You mention (to paraphrase) "he will have to get over the burden of dealing with his parents or it will weigh him down".....

My question to the group: Does it seem he is weighed down by this burden? Maybe he has moved on. I didn't see the question in the interview, but from the response, it seems he just wants to not discuss it. It didn't seem like he blew up at the "reporter" or did anything bad, he just non-answered in a way to make it clear to move on to the next question. Maybe he has moved on and it is behind him. He may change his mind in the future, but it seems like he is not overly concered about it.

Didn’t know who he was until this past week. All I can say is that everyone of us has to come to a point where we throw away all the bitterness of the past and forgive our parents for any possible wrongs. This young man is at the pinnacle of his career and old enough to have overcome whatever ill he feels happened to him. Short of that, he is a broken man and will never reach his full potential of happiness. That is all I need to know. Poor kid is suffering and at this point it has nothing to do with his family.

Example. You’re a kid who’s parents basically abandon you . On drugs don’t work etc. fast forward 30 years. You have kids of your own. Your Parents are split and each higher functioning addicts. ( still using. Just forced to work a job now ). Do you trust your kids with them ? Hell no. No chance. It’s a trust that’s so natural. Yet if it’s ever truly broken it cannot be regained. Not by a sane person.

You are pointing out an extreme example. No where am I advocating putting ones children in an unhealthy situation. I have no idea as to the details of his childhood but it is very clear he is still having trouble with his parents. That is a burden he will carry until he comes to grips with it and moves on. That my friend is reality. It doesnt mean he has to welcome his parents as those of us with better upbringings. But he will have to get beyond that or it will weigh him down for many years to come. In his defense I think the inteviewer had no business going there as he probably knew the circumstances. Maybe Reed is attempting to move on but his inlaws and wife sure don’t sound too positive and I think their actions and attitudes only make the situation worse. We cannot carry hurt and bitterness without negative impacts on our lives. That is the reality I am talking about. Winning the Masters, or any success in life, means nothing if we can’t move on from past wrongs.

To the poster amazed I had never heard of Patrick Reed, is it really that shocking? Not everyone lives and breathes PGA like you. I’m sure I could mention notables in some of my interests outside of golf you have never heard of. Big deal.

The reason it surprised me is because of his Ryder cup record. I assumed everyone here has watched it or read about it. My bad.

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

How do you know he hasn't gotten "beyond it" or has moved past it? He isn't the one that keeps bringing it up. His parents and the click-bait media are!

His life, post association with his parents, seems to be working out quite nicely for him!

Normally when we move on we don’t avoid the issues and we don’t allow inlaws, esp the wife, to carry on the way they have.

How do you know he hasn't gotten "beyond it" or has moved past it? He isn't the one that keeps bringing it up. His parents and the click-bait media are! His life, post association with his parents, seems to be working out quite nicely for him!

Literally the only person who seems to have actually gotten over it and moved on is Patrick Reed lol. Sorry/not sorry that this doesn't fit into everyone's nice little box about all the family members gleefully hugging each other after a win and a cute little family story to tell. But PR seems to be doing OK for himself.

Shipnuck's article and the timing of it all was pure garbage IMO. But if you liked it, you liked it. OK. "Its his job"...eh OK.

But the second he asked that question at the champions press conference, it became 100% about him and 0% about PR. He'd been turned down numerous times before for a quote on the family situation. He absolutely positively knew what the response would be. But he asked about it anyway. Knowing the result was his name being out there and click click click on his article.

OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Ventus Blue Velocore+ 7s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TM P7MC 5-7 / P7MB 8-P // Incoming: Ping I230/Blueprint S/T
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom // Left Dash

The reason it surprised me is because of his Ryder cup record. I assumed everyone here has watched it our read about it. My bad.

I undersrand. Truth be told, although I have played the game since childhood, never knew the difference between the Walker, Ryder, name a cup besides Stanley, cups. Golf was always an individual sport to me and my golfing buddies. To this day I have never cared. I’m sure that makes me an oddball in here. I can’t help it, it just never matterered. The Ryder Cup is as meaningless to me as the NBA Finals. I’m sorry. Lol

Normally when we move on we don't avoid the issues and we don't allow inlaws, esp the wife, to carry on the way they have.

So, Patrick and his wife are supposed to conduct themselves in a manner in which you deem "normal"? How, exactly, have Patrick and Justine "carried on" that you so disapprove of?

Previously, I would not have considered myself a Patrick Reed fan. Something about him bothered me apart from all the gossip and previous articles, but I found myself rooting for him this week. For some reason I wanted him to stick-it in all the haters' faces. My own included. Ironically, this thread has made me change my mind about him. Consider me now a fan.

For anyone who can't imagine why someone might cut their parents out of their lives...By all standards I have lived a very comfortable life. My wife as well, but we still eloped. For a variety of reasons, but mainly because my wife was uncomfortable having her family there due to religious differences of opinion. To this day, if it were up to my wife and me, we would likely have little to do with my in-laws. But we have decided to let our kids form their own opinions of their grandparents and so we've maintained a relationship. But we might have very easily decided otherwise. In my own life, I have seen first and second hand the following reasons someone might not want their perfectly normal looking family involved in their kids' lives:

Physical abuse

Sexual abuse

Verbal abuse leading to attachment disorders

Unethical and/or illegal activities by a parent or family member

Disonwing a child due to religious reasons

Disonwing a child due to sexual orientation

Disonwing a child due to political beliefs

Disonwing a child for marrying someone who is a different race or religion

Drug or alcohol abuse

Etc.

My best friend growing up was a multiple-time national Junior champion in an individual sport. One time when we were far to young, I watched his dad beat him senseless because he didn't want to compete that evening in a local event. He wanted to stay home and play with his friend (me). Had I been older and wiser I might have reported it, but I will was too young to understand. His dad was a leading local businessman and his mom a local politician and president of the local chamber of commerce. Even the most outstanding families often have skeletons.

There are a myriad of perfectly reasonable explanations for why someone might not want their normal looking parents involved in their life without wanting to disclose why or talk about it publicly. I'm sure Patrick Reed has his reasons, and who am I to question them? It's his life.

Regarding his wife, I don't know her from Eve, bit I have a hard time imaging a gold-digger who is willing to be his caddie while he tries to Monday qualify or make it through Q-School. Especially someone who has an advanced degree and legitimate professional career. It seems to me she believed in her husband and worked hard to suppot him.

I suspect his story is more compelling and interesting than we can imagine. I wish him the best.

How do you know he hasn't gotten "beyond it" or has moved past it? He isn't the one that keeps bringing it up. His parents and the click-bait media are! His life, post association with his parents, seems to be working out quite nicely for him!

Literally the only person who seems to have actually gotten over it and moved on is Patrick Reed lol. Sorry/not sorry that this doesn't fit into everyone's nice little box about all the family members gleefully hugging each other after a win and a cute little family story to tell. But PR seems to be doing OK for himself.

Shipnuck's article and the timing of it all was pure garbage IMO. But if you liked it, you liked it. OK. "Its his job"...eh OK.

But the second he asked that question at the champions press conference, it became 100% about him and 0% about PR. He'd been turned down numerous times before for a quote on the family situation. He absolutely positively knew what the response would be. But he asked about it anyway. Knowing the result was his name being out there and click click click on his article.

I definately agree with that as I mentioned in my post. And for the record I believe personal questions like that have no place unless the interviewee has agreed to discuss it ahead of time. I absolutely knew nothing of him before the masters and I was really not rooting against him, I just wanted Rickie or Rory to get the win. Thats not really his fault. My friends texted me during the tournament and told ne they thought Reed was a jerk. That was the first I had heard of the negatives. I don’t think he is a jerk, I just think he is still dealing with family issues. That’s really all I have said. Not everyone has to agree.

Exactly! Shipnuck famously bragged on his own podcast about sneaking into Augusta National and fooling Bubba's "dim-whited trainer" to gain access to private areas. Speaks volumes to his character.

My other question is, why do the Reed's keep coming out of the woodwork every time Patrick tastes any modicum of success?

...Shipnuck's article and the timing of it all was pure garbage IMO. But if you liked it, you liked it. OK. "Its his job"...eh OK.

As this topic stretches into more pages, I have not seen an answer to a question I posed a day ago; does anyone have a link to Alan Shipnuck's question to Patrick Reed? I haven't seen it. I hope I didn't miss it; apologies all around if I did.

Again and again, I see people claiming that Reed is somehow under attack, and it is an unfair attack. And I do not see much of anything as an attack, apart from the usual low-level types. "Shane Ryan" is the one writer who wrote the most arguably hostile story on Reed's collegiate history, and I would not so easily defend Shane Ryan as I would other more respected members of the golfing press.

I am very much impressed by Alan Shipnuck's clear aim to tell the story in a fair and nuanced way. I challenged anybody to come up with any of Shipnuck's words that could remotely be regarded as an attack. ("Crucify" was the verb used in relation to Shipnuck's story telling about Reed. I don't accept that at all.)

Patrick Reed, as everybody knows, was very much influenced by Tiger Woods as a young player. I wish he would not emulate Tiger Woods-as-press-cipher. It's never done Tiger any good.

Responding to Sixcat this way because it wouldn’t let me quote.

Everyone is free to carry on as they wish. As I understand it, the inlaws have been openly negative towards his parents. That is not healthy, or normal, whatever you want to call it. I’m pointing out that is what people respond to, right or wrong.

Previously, I would not have considered myself a Patrick Reed fan. Something about him bothered me apart from all the gossip and previous articles, but I found myself rooting for him this week. For some reason I wanted him to stick-it in all the haters' faces. My own included. Ironically, this thread has made me change my mind about him. Consider me now a fan.

For anyone who can't imagine why someone might cut their parents out of their lives...By all standards I have lived a very comfortable life. My wife as well, but we still eloped. For a variety of reasons, but mainly because my wife was uncomfortable having her family there due to religious differences of opinion. To this day, if it were up to my wife and me, we would likely have little to do with my in-laws. But we have decided to let our kids form their own opinions of their grandparents and so we've maintained a relationship. But we might have very easily decided otherwise. In my own life, I have seen first and second hand the following reasons someone might not want their perfectly normal looking family involved in their kids' lives:

Physical abuse

Sexual abuse

Verbal abuse leading to attachment disorders

Unethical and/or illegal activities by a parent or family member

Disonwing a child due to religious reasons

Disonwing a child due to sexual orientation

Disonwing a child due to political beliefs

Disonwing a child for marrying someone who is a different race or religion

Drug or alcohol abuse

Etc.

My best friend growing up was a multiple-time national Junior champion in an individual sport. One time when we were far to young, I watched his dad beat him senseless because he didn't want to compete that evening in a local event. He wanted to stay home and play with his friend (me). Had I been older and wiser I might have reported it, but I will was too young to understand. His dad was a leading local businessman and his mom a local politician and president of the local chamber of commerce. Even the most outstanding families often have skeletons.

There are a myriad of perfectly reasonable explanations for why someone might not want their normal looking parents involved in their life without wanting to disclose why or talk about it publicly. I'm sure Patrick Reed has his reasons, and who am I to question them? It's his life.

Regarding his wife, I don't know her from Eve, bit I have a hard time imaging a gold-digger who is willing to be his caddie while he tries to Monday qualify or make it through Q-School. Especially someone who has an advanced degree and legitimate professional career. It seems to me she believed in her husband and worked hard to suppot him.

I suspect his story is more compelling and interesting than we can imagine. I wish him the best.

This was my thought, gold digging is pretty brash title for her considering she carried the bag while he had an income off 0$

Reed accused of cheating, stealing by several different teammates, and asked to leave by his coach, who backs up the accounts of his shady character. Hated by his teammates at Augusta even as he carries them to national championships.

Where there's smoke there's fire. Not sure why so many rush to defend the guy. There's a lot of great people on tour to root for. Why root for a cheat and a thief, who is universally disliked by almost everyone he's come into contact with? Guy is a jerk. He can play golf and I respect his talent, but not gonna root for him.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wrongful_convictions_in_the_United_States

Titleist TSR4 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

Responding to Sixcat this way because it wouldn't let me quote.

Everyone is free to carry on as they wish. As I understand it, the inlaws have been openly negative towards his parents. That is not healthy, or normal, whatever you want to call it. I'm pointing out that is what people respond to, right or wrong.

Not trying to be argumentative, honestly. I haven't seen anything verifying Patrick's in-laws have done anything other than support their daughter and son-in-law through a difficult situation made more difficult by his parents. The infamous Facebook exchange and the 2014 US Open are the only thing Google produces. As for the 2014 US Open, if someone came to my office in a distracting way, I would have them removed as well. It isn't appropriate nor is it the time or place. The Facebook exchange can easily be defended as a wife coming to the defense of her husband and father of her children.

I'm not sure how that constitutes the in-laws being "openly negative towards his parents". To my knowledge, they haven't said anything other than to show support for their daughter and son-in-law.

In my mind, it's perfectly normal and healthy for them to support Patrick and Justine. What isn't healthy, is Patrick's parents taking every available opportunity to seek attention from a son who clearly wants nothing to do with them.

My other question is, why do the Reed's keep coming out of the woodwork every time Patrick tastes any modicum of success?

Probably because that is when the Reeds are asked questions, and it is when editors direct their reporters to ask those questions, because that is when audiences are interested in the answers.

Or, to seek attention and sympathy by using a salacious media trying to sell a "human interest story".

Probably because that is when the Reeds are asked questions, and it is when editors direct their reporters to ask those questions, because that is when audiences are interested in the answers.

Or, to seek attention and sympathy by using a salacious media trying to sell a "human interest story".

Shipnuck has already done this story once - he wrote a huge piece on the Reeds in....2014 or 2015? Someone could Google it and find out. He even admitted back then that PR didnt want to talk about his family. Turned down many opportunities to talk about it - three years ago. And yet he still insists on asking at the press conference. Again, this was all about getting his name out there and getting the clicks.

Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Shipnuck has already done this story once - he wrote a huge piece on the Reeds in....2014 or 2015? Someone could Google it and find out. He even admitted back then that PR didnt want to talk about his family. Turned down many opportunities to talk about it - three years ago. And yet he still insists on asking at the press conference. Again, this was all about getting his name out there and getting the clicks.

So has Shane Ryan, Ian O'Conner and several others. Every "journalists" who write a word about Patrick's disconnection with his parents and do not offer one sentence about Patrick saving his wife's life show what their true intentions are!

Really?

You dont have to "do a press conference" or "put out a press release" to be attention seeking. They gave a ton of interviews this week, invited people into their home, did telephone interviews with a ton of outlets - its not like they are "hiding" or "being private". The complete opposite. Right now I can read a long form article involving the parents on espn, golf and the boston globe. And those are only three that I know about.

"Sorry, we would like to be left alone at this time" - thats one way to go. They went the complete opposite. And thats fine. But come on, not like they were hiding out.

Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Every "journalists" who write a word about Patrick's disconnection with his parents and do not offer one sentence about Patrick saving his wife's life show what their true intentions are!

Well that just does not apply to the same Alan Shipnuck we are talking about now!

Shipnuck, in 2015, doing a story on Patrick Reed. He mentions the family estrangement; and yes he talks about the positives that Justine seems to have brought to Patrick's game, and yes also about her seizure on the golf course:

www.golf.com/tour-and-news/patrick-reed-and-wife-justine-are-pga-tours-dream-team

dcmidnight you can criticize Shipnuck as you wish; but I was responding in part to the attack on the Reed family, as somehow being attention-seekers.

I do not see the Reed family doing press conferences or press releases. And certainly, the Reed family is not editing Golf Magazine or Golf.com.

They may not be holding press conferences but they did invite Ian O'Conner, Shane Ryan and Alan Shipnuk into their home to sell a story. Did multiple interviews by other means. Even made a ridiculous Youtube video.

It hardly qualifies them as grieving victims of a terrible son and daughter-in-law! Sadly, we live in a world where those who say it loudest, say it best. Truth and fact be dammed.

Exactly! Shipnuck famously bragged on his own podcast about sneaking into Augusta National and fooling Bubba's "dim-whited trainer" to gain access to private areas. Speaks volumes to his character.

I agree with you I couldn't believe he said that on a public podcast.

Thing is there are so many members in the media like this and they all stick up for each other. Like that whole Jenni Carlson Mike Gundy situation. Carlson writes a below the belt article, Gundy calls her out and all the media is sticking up for her. I never looked at the media the same way again after that.

Taylormade Stealth Plus Mitsu Kai'li White 70S
Taylormade SIM2 15  Tour AD DI 8S
Mizuno MP 20 3-PW ProjectX 6.0
Vokey SM7 54S and 60M
Cameron Newport 2 CT
Titleist ProV1x Left dash

It's even been in the national papers over here. lots of insinuations about his past, not much detail.

You can't choose your family, and it's tough when things break down. Sometimes saying nothing is more powerful.

He is hard to like hearing him speak, but his game is impressive.

Taylormade Sim 2 Max - 10.5 Ventus Blue 6X
Titleist TSR3 - @15.75 Tensei 1K Black 75X
Titleist TSR3 Hybrid - @20 Tensei 1K Black 85X

Titleist 620 CB  - 4 iron - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Titleist 620 MB - 5-pw - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Vokey SM9 - 52.08, 56S  & 60M Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
Taylormade Spider Tour X - X3
Titleist - Pro V1

Every "journalists" who write a word about Patrick's disconnection with his parents and do not offer one sentence about Patrick saving his wife's life show what their true intentions are!

Well that just does not apply to the same Alan Shipnuck we are talking about now!

Shipnuck, in 2015, doing a story on Patrick Reed. He mentions the family estrangement; and yes he talks about the positives that Justine seems to have brought to Patrick's game, and yes also about her seizure on the golf course:

www.golf.com/tour-and-news/patrick-reed-and-wife-justine-are-pga-tours-dream-team

Well, what do you know, he may have one ounce of integrity! But you have to admit, the more recent article was almost resentful. It's like Shipnuck is pissed Reed wouldn't give him his side of the story.

Honestly, I don't care the article was written. It's what "journalists" do. Patrick has obviously moved on. We should too!

You dont have to "do a press conference" or "put out a press release" to be attention seeking. They gave a ton of interviews this week, invited people into their home, did telephone interviews with a ton of outlets - its not like they are "hiding" or "being private". The complete opposite. Right now I can read a long form article involving the parents on espn, golf and the boston globe. And those are only three that I know about.

I am very much aware of the interview with Shipnuck; the Reeds have known Shipnuck since at least 2015 when he first wrote about them.

The ESPN writer also knew the Reeds, and he did a telephone interview wherein he called Mr. Reed.

The Globe story didn't feature a new interview. I think a lot of the stories on the 'net are cribbing off Shipnuck.