MD/DC/VA Golfers - Twelve Monkeys Mental Divergence

eagle1997

> @ceejay81 said:

> I was at Woodmore from 6:30-8:15ish. I knew HBD was in an 8some, but had no idea it was all you guys. I should have stopped in after my 9. #FOMO

At 815p you would have still had 45 minutes or so before City even got his meal...

OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Ventus Blue Velocore+ 7s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TM P7MC 5-7 / P7MB 8-P // Incoming: Ping I230/Blueprint S/T
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom // Left Dash

> @TheCityGame said:

> I had a pretty "easy" day. . .fairways and greens, with a three-hole brain **** in the middle (flew a green, 3 putted, then lost two balls). On 4, Domes hits one in the fairway bunker, flies the green, chunks a chip and then chips in for par. The rest of us have makeable birdie putts and I 3-putt to blow the "groupie" (par or better from everyone).

I completely bunged up our groupie. On 15 we hit 4 pretty good drives but I pushed mine dead into the bunker. I was hitting first and hit a perfect 140 yard bunker shot to 40 feet. Really great shot. Of course everyone else jams theirs inside 8 feet. I bring Sterling in for a read and we both agree the putt is sliding way right. Eagle says no it doesnt and I say you're crazy man even though HE WORKS THERE. Naturally he was right, left myself 8 feet and missed it for the groupie. Endless went over afterwards and we both agreed it was supposed to move right even though the GUY THAT WORKS THERE told me it didnt. LOL at that point, I was ready to be done with the round.

Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

We actually did have one groupie. . .9.

HBD made a great chip. I had 20 feet straight down hill. Domes had 35 feet from lower left. Hoop, putting last with the rest of us in, had 15 feet straight up hill, and I think he knocked it about 5 feet by, but made the come-backer.

Dot-wise, Domes "sandied" 4. I birdie-sandied 6. Groupied 9. Domes birdied 11. I birdied 16 and sandied 18 (double sandied actually).

Ping G400 LST 10º XTORSION Copper 60
RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Vokey 60º/04º. "The Scalpel"
Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Ten
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

the PG county quadrant of the Beltway is brutal. People speed way too much, and people try to take cars out on the road that look like they haven't had an oil change since the mid aughts. I really dislike it. Most of the times when i'm sneaking out there during the week from Beltsville, i take the back roads through the USDA/government area. Much less stressful.

> @TheCityGame said:

> HBD is funny. . .he'd hit a drive that landed on mars and follow it up with a 320 provisional down the gut. His provisional on 1 might have been 70 yards past my drive. He made some nice contributions on stroke holes, though. He's got some shots, but has to keep it in play off the tee.

This is true. I lead the Woodmore afternoon tour in strokes gained pounding provisionals.

>

> I really like that course. Great walk. Holes go left and right. Long and short. They're letting the whole place get shaggy because of the temps. The have some weird issues out there. The rough is a patchwork of two different grasses that grow at different rates. The fringes have crab grass in them. So much so that I had to chip a couple from the fringe that otherwise would have been putts.

This is also true. Back in mid June for the member/member, the course was REAL NICE. Since then they've backed off manicuring it with the weather. Here's hoping early fall golf at Woodmore will be a special kind of purina. I think the will be able to cut and roll the places they aren't now when the temps drop again.>

Don't know if anyone cares about this, but Tool's entire catalog is now available for streaming. They were hold-outs forever. They have a new album coming out soon, so I'm sure this is part of the promotion.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Yeah. both teams -3 on the front.

We go even on 10. 11, I bogey, but domes makes birdie with a stroke so we go to -4.

On 12, Domes and I both hit balls to like 18 feet and BOTH 3 putt. -2.

On 13, we took NET DOUBLE and NET BOGEY. That was pretty much all she wrote.

They ended up with 12 dots. We had 7.

• Like 1

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

> @TheCityGame said:

> Yeah. both teams -3 on the front.

>

> We go even on 10. 11, I bogey, but domes makes birdie with a stroke so we go to -4.

>

> On 12, Domes and I both hit balls to like 18 feet and BOTH 3 putt. -2.

>

> On 13, we took NET DOUBLE and NET BOGEY. That was pretty much all she wrote.

>

> They ended up with 12 dots. We had 7.

I think we did the same on 14. I was plugged in the lip of the bunker and it easily was the best tee shot of the 4.

Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

> @eagle1997 said:

> just found my 7s outfit!

Must include blonde wig.

• Like 1

Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cool round yesterday. I am kind of wiped out today, moreso than I thought I would be. Fitbit said 22,000 steps.

Couldn't get the ball in the hole. Still messing with my swing a little bit. The new thing is my head position at address. If I turn my head back towards my right shoulder, my turn feels so much less restricted. Did a little research and found out this is a thing for people who are left-eye dominant (me and Jack Nicklaus). Got caught playing "golf swing" a few times, and ran out of gas towards the end, but I'm feeling kind of good about where things are headed.

City had a Dom-like front 9. Nothing spectacular. finished at 36. Back 9 less Dom-like.

Hoop and HBD had some struggles.

Some cray pins out there. #4 was right on the crest of the ridge, #8 was on that back shelf.

> @baddomes said:

> Cool round yesterday. I am kind of wiped out today, moreso than I thought I would be. Fitbit said 22,000 steps.

>

> Couldn't get the ball in the hole. Still messing with my swing a little bit. The new thing is my head position at address. If I turn my head back towards my right shoulder, my turn feels so much less restricted. Did a little research and found out this is a thing for people who are left-eye dominant (me and Jack Nicklaus). Got caught playing "golf swing" a few times, and ran out of gas towards the end, but I'm feeling kind of good about where things are headed.

>

> City had a Dom-like front 9. Nothing spectacular. finished at 36. Back 9 less Dom-like.

>

> Hoop and HBD had some struggles.

>

> Some cray pins out there. #4 was right on the crest of the ridge, #8 was on that back shelf.

I've added the slight head turn to be aligned with shaft angle recently. Feel like it lets me get a better turn and forces an in to out path a little bit more. Have to be careful not to yank the handle down, and just let your body naturally release.

thats about as many double entendres as i can do

> @baddomes said:

> Cool round yesterday. I am kind of wiped out today, moreso than I thought I would be. Fitbit said 22,000 steps.

Same same. If it hadnt been cart path only I probably would have pulled the plug and rode.

Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

> @baddomes said:

>

> Some cray pins out there. #4 was right on the crest of the ridge, #8 was on that back shelf.

>

4 is one of my favorite greens there. So much slope in the middle of that green.

That pin on #8 is super tough. At least it wasn't quite at the edge of the hill and was back on the shelf a little bit. After I played #8, I took a few balls to putt from the way front of the green to the way back where the pin was. I've tried it a few times in the past because it's just fun. I could not get one back there all the way up the hill. I challenge anyone to two putt from there.

Can someone remind me, are slope rangefinders and/or course GPS allowed in Hive events?

[b]Ping G410 Plus[/b] 12* Fujikura Motore X F3 5S
[b]Titleist TS2[/b] 3HL 16.5* Paderson Kinetix Launch 65S
[b]Taylormade SIM2 Max[/b] 7W 21* Paderson Kinetix Launch 65S
[b]Callaway Rogue[/b] 21* 4h Mitsubishi C6 80S
[b]Rogue Pro[/b] 5-P Nippon Modus 120S
[b]Callaway Mack Daddy CB[/b] 50* Nippon Modus 120S
[b]Titleist SM8[/b] 54 (bent to 56*) D Grind Nippon Modus 125 Wedge
[b]Titleist SM8[/b] 58 (bent to 60*) K Grind (Low Bounce) Nippon Modus 125 Wedge
[b]Fastback 2[/b] 34'' Stability Tour Black Shaft, SuperStroke GTR 1.0

> @ceejay81 said:

> > @baddomes said:

> >

> > Some cray pins out there. #4 was right on the crest of the ridge, #8 was on that back shelf.

> >

>

>

> 4 is one of my favorite greens there. So much slope in the middle of that green.

>

> That pin on #8 is super tough. At least it wasn't quite at the edge of the hill and was back on the shelf a little bit. After I played #8, I took a few balls to putt from the way front of the green to the way back where the pin was. I've tried it a few times in the past because it's just fun. I could not get one back there all the way up the hill. I challenge anyone to two putt from there.

>

>

Challenged accepted

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
protos F4

Tyson Lamb Customed Long Neck Allendale 
#lookatthebaby #teamcallaway

> @willboyrd said:

> Can someone remind me, are slope rangefinders and/or course GPS allowed in Hive events?

No slope but gps are allowed

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
protos F4

Tyson Lamb Customed Long Neck Allendale 
#lookatthebaby #teamcallaway

> @ceejay81 said:

> > @baddomes said:

> >

> > Some cray pins out there. #4 was right on the crest of the ridge, #8 was on that back shelf.

> >

>

>

> 4 is one of my favorite greens there. So much slope in the middle of that green.

>

> That pin on #8 is super tough. At least it wasn't quite at the edge of the hill and was back on the shelf a little bit. After I played #8, I took a few balls to putt from the way front of the green to the way back where the pin was. I've tried it a few times in the past because it's just fun. I could not get one back there all the way up the hill. I challenge anyone to two putt from there.

>

>

I was right in front of the green in 2 and couldn't get one close to the pin.

The pin on 11 was kind of crazy, too. It was back in a swale. Domes actually attacked it from the side, from the rough and I think it was the only way to get one close.

12 has a great green. Pin was tucked back behind the bunker.

A lot of greens there have ridges and tiers, and some of the places where you can "bail out" provide bad angles into the greens (for instance, bailing out right on 18). Green complexes really are excellent.

I don't even know what I'd consider a weak hole out there. 1 has the least going on, but it's a good "handshake hole". 7 isn't a great hole, but it's fine. Every par 5 could almost be characterized as a double dog leg (18 is more of a single dog leg, but the second shot is almost a "Cape Hole" type shot). The par 3's are all strong with different looks and different yardages.

I was VERY TEMPTED to hit 4W out of the left FW bunker on 18. If I was on even a whiff of upslope, I would have.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

> @TheCityGame said:

> > @ceejay81 said:

> > > @baddomes said:

> > >

> > > Some cray pins out there. #4 was right on the crest of the ridge, #8 was on that back shelf.

> > >

> >

> >

> > 4 is one of my favorite greens there. So much slope in the middle of that green.

> >

> > That pin on #8 is super tough. At least it wasn't quite at the edge of the hill and was back on the shelf a little bit. After I played #8, I took a few balls to putt from the way front of the green to the way back where the pin was. I've tried it a few times in the past because it's just fun. I could not get one back there all the way up the hill. I challenge anyone to two putt from there.

> >

> >

>

> I was right in front of the green in 2 and couldn't get one close to the pin.

>

> The pin on 11 was kind of crazy, too. It was back in a swale. Domes actually attacked it from the side, from the rough and I think it was the only way to get one close.

>

> 12 has a great green. Pin was tucked back behind the bunker.

>

> A lot of greens there have ridges and tiers, and some of the places where you can "bail out" provide bad angles into the greens (for instance, bailing out right on 18). Green complexes really are excellent.

>

> I don't even know what I'd consider a weak hole out there. 1 has the least going on, but it's a good "handshake hole". 7 isn't a great hole, but it's fine. Every par 5 could almost be characterized as a double dog leg (18 is more of a single dog leg, but the second shot is almost a "Cape Hole" type shot). The par 3's are all strong with different looks and different yardages.

>

> I was VERY TEMPTED to hit 4W out of the left FW bunker on 18. If I was on even a whiff of upslope, I would have.

13 is my vote. There's nothing to gain regardless of what you hit off the tee, really. Angles are basically the same from everywhere in that fairway. And it makes your friend upset when he tries to hit a fade from the tee.

But in reality, it's not really a weak hole, just probably the weakest on that course.

I'd love to play #9 from the uphill teeboxes to a back left pin.

If we didn't catch up to Carlos Franco and his buddy on 14, we might've done Waverly in sub 2 hours carting just now. Absolutely cruised around. Finally stopped to actually read a putt on 18, and made one. Glad to get that round in, since I've got a long weekend of forced socialization out of town coming. I can't even bring the sticks to sneak out for an hour of practice.

I'm not buying it, but this is a great Tee from Club Pro Guy. . .

![](https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/2546/8376/products/mats_only_2000x.jpg "")

• Like 1

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green