Mizuno 2019

Fair warning. I took a few swipes with it last night. I didn’t have much time. Shop was closing.

Gorgeous club as everyone has noted. Sound rivals F9. On big issue for me. At least in the neutral setting which I hit it in, it sets up very open.

I don’t care for it at all. If a club doesn’t look square at address I can’t get comfortable over it. I intend to mess with the settings another day. Maybe I can tone down the open look a bit. The ST 180 I’ve got looks downright hook faced in comparison. Wildly different.

Were you hitting the G or the regular ST190?

ST. The one without the heel and toe weights. I’ll check out the other one next time. Maybe the G will sit more square.

Fair warning. I took a few swipes with it last night. I didn’t have much time. Shop was closing.

Gorgeous club as everyone has noted. Sound rivals F9. On big issue for me. At least in the neutral setting which I hit it in, it sets up very open.

I don’t care for it at all. If a club doesn’t look square at address I can’t get comfortable over it. I intend to mess with the settings another day. Maybe I can tone down the open look a bit. The ST 180 I’ve got looks downright hook faced in comparison. Wildly different.

ST. The one without the heel and toe weights. I’ll check out the other one next time. Maybe the G will sit more square.

Movable heel and toe weight is the 190G, not the regular 190. I need more info on the 190G.

Driver: Titleist Tsi3 w/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow TX 6.0 
3 Wood: Cobra King Speedzone/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70

5 Wood: Callaway Mavrik Subzero/Aldila Rogue White 70
Long Irons (4-6): Wilson D7 Forged/DG120TI
Short Irons (7-P): Wilson Staff Model Blade/DG120TI

Wedges (50/54/58): Callaway Jaws MD5 w/TI S200
Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
Ball: Titleist Left Dash

That’s interesting. The G seems to be the more of the “pro” version. If anything, one would think that the ST would be closed and the G would be open.

I also prefer a neutral face angle, so that’s disappointing to hear. On the other hand, an open face would theoretically give me more room to crank up the loft, so it could actually work out.

Also, where are people hitting these? Do some stores already have them in stock? That makes me optimistic that may preorder may arrive a little early.

I spent a good amount of time with the st190 today on gc2. It’s a great driver. It rivals the m5, flash, and ts - in my opinion. This was a 9.5 degree head. Its a really good looking driver. Sounds fantastic. Reminds me of the TS line.

I was hitting the atmos black ts 6x. I was hitting consistent lower spin shots with the club. I struggled a bit with the open face - just like the m5 I tried a few days ago. Easily fixed with hosel adjustment.

It’s a winner. Great job mizuno.

PXG Black Ops Tour driver 

PXG g5 3 wood

PXG Black Ops 17* hybrid

TaylorMade Qi10 5 wood

TaylorMade P770 4-9 KBS Tour

TaylorMade MG4 46/52/58wedges

Bettinardi BB1 putter

That’s interesting. The G seems to be the more of the “pro” version. If anything, one would think that the ST would be closed and the G would be open.

I also prefer a neutral face angle, so that’s disappointing to hear. On the other hand, an open face would theoretically give me more room to crank up the loft, so it could actually work out.

Also, where are people hitting these? Do some stores already have them in stock? That makes me optimistic that may preorder may arrive a little early.

My local store just recieved them yesterday. I happened to stumble onto them while returning my F9 demo.

I hit these at PGA show. Had to take the 10.5 in lowest setting to get face to look close to square to my eye. It was this setting that set it apart from the others for me. For my swing this worked better than the G model.

"Only the lazy ones fail !" Paul Bertholy, PGA

www.dougferreri.com

The above posts were similar to my experience with the ST180 (previous gen Mizzy Driver). I tried to make the 9.5 head work and numbers was good but it just never set up perfectly for my eye no matter what the setting. In the end I went with the HL head and turned it down to 10.5 and was perfect. If it looked like the 190, it would still be in my bag.

My club fitter carries Accra and brought in the new Accra TZ line and all three heads for me to try hopefully this coming week. My work travel has been busy, so less time to keep up with golf but looking forward to hitting these and dialing in the right head and shaft and also the 3 wood. TS or glued...leaning toward the adjustable loft sleeve of the TS. I’ll post my findings when we get it done.

PXG GEN6 0311 10.5*DRIVER/FUJI RED VELOCORE 6S/GP TW WHT

PXG GEN5 0311XF 17*FAIRWAY/FUJI MOTORE X F3 7S/GP TW WHT

PXG GEN3 0311XP 3 IRON/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG GEN3 0311P 4-PW/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG GEN4 0311P GW/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG SD II WEDGES/56/13&62/10/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/GP TW BLK

MACHINE M2A 1018RAW CS PUTTER/ACCRA I-STEEL/SS FLAT 1.0

Saw some demos in a shop today but I didn’t get a chance to hit them.

The 10.5 degree st190 head looks like it has a ton of loft. Not sure if it might be an optical illusion, but it looks like a good 12.5 degrees maybe. Similar to another poster, I thought it may have looked open but I wonder if the high loft made it look open. The 9.5 degree head looked dead square.

I wondered if the 10.5 degree and 9.5 degree heads may have had subtly different head shapes. I don’t know if oems even do that. It was probably just in my head.

The G has a really nice classic shape that better players seem to like. Might have to give one of those a go at some point.

The 10.5 degree st190 head looks like it has a ton of loft. Not sure if it might be an optical illusion, but it looks like a good 12.5 degrees maybe.

No you aren't seeing things, Mizuno have stated their 10.5 HL is in fact 12.5 because people buying that driver will need the more loft. They didn't call it 12.5 because that doesn't look anywhere as appealing on the shelf.

Okay, huge Mizuno fanboy, but I just couldn’t get on with either the 190 or 190G. The heads are far too light for my liking. I wonder if we will be able to add heavier weights in place of the stock offerings. I wanted so bad for them to work, but alas they did not. Otherwise, their shape and look is the best I have seen of what’s new.

Okay, huge Mizuno fanboy, but I just couldn’t get on with either the 190 or 190G. The heads are far too light for my liking. I wonder if we will be able to add heavier weights in place of the stock offerings. I wanted so bad for them to work, but alas they did not. Otherwise, their shape and look is the best I have seen of what’s new.

For the 190G You could call Mizuno Golf USA CS and ask to buy an additional weight.

For the 190 if a custom club fitting and hot melt is out of the question. Then you could buy any of the Taylor Made JetSpeed Driver Weights. I’ll get that link for you.

Link:

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1653346-mizuno-st180-driver-swing-weight-custom-adjustment/

Edited to add Link

Okay, huge Mizuno fanboy, but I just couldnt get on with either the 190 or 190G. The heads are far too light for my liking. I wonder if we will be able to add heavier weights in place of the stock offerings. I wanted so bad for them to work, but alas they did not. Otherwise, their shape and look is the best I have seen of whats new.

For the 190G You could call Mizuno Golf USA CS and ask to buy an additional weight.

For the 190 if a custom club fitting and hot melt is out of the question. Then you could buy any of the Taylor Made JetSpeed Driver Weights. Ill get that link for you.

Link:

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1653346-mizuno-st180-driver-swing-weight-custom-adjustment/

Edited to add Link

Definitely willing to give this a try given the flight and overall beauty of the club. Time to troll the bay.

I was stoked for these to come out. Tried them a few days ago and I wasn’t impressed. I was very disappointed because I love Mizuno. While the finish on the head looked fantastic, even the nine degree looks like it has way too much loft. I think it has to do with how they fit together the face and the carbon crown...something was just off about it.

Performance was it was good, but not wow. I have purchased two sets of Mizuno irons in the last few years and was hoping to be persuaded to add this to the bag but it didn’t do it for me.

I have an F9 on order and was seeing consistently higher ball speeds with the F9.

I want to see the link or something credible where the loft is more than what’s on the club, because I’ve only read hearsay, personally.

I have no earthly idea whether that’s true but I will say they LOOK like they have more loft. I personally think it has to do with how they’ve pieced together the face and crown.

I don’t get the more loft reference, the clubs do sit open (190G) and basically square (190). I will say the clubs sit like a Callaway FT-9 Tour in terms of feel at address, which is one of my personal top 5 drivers of all time. When I was able to find the head in the swing and connect with the center it did perform as promised and the shot was one I typically only dreamt of being able to hit at night. My only concern was how noticeably light the stock head is compared to other offerings out there. I still plan to get professionally fitted, but I was just hoping for some first time hitting bay magic.

I’m not trying to sound rude by saying that either. This isn’t the first time I’ve read that the lofts aren’t as listed and in a completely different thread. I just haven’t seen any review video or actual reference to that aside from hearsay is all.

Cause it would make a difference in which driver head I buy! Haha

I was stoked for these to come out. Tried them a few days ago and I wasn’t impressed. I was very disappointed because I love Mizuno. While the finish on the head looked fantastic, even the nine degree looks like it has way too much loft. I think it has to do with how they fit together the face and the carbon crown...something was just off about it.

Performance was it was good, but not wow. I have purchased two sets of Mizuno irons in the last few years and was hoping to be persuaded to add this to the bag but it didn’t do it for me.

I have an F9 on order and was seeing consistently higher ball speeds with the F9.

^^^^^ This exactly

Hopefully Mizuno can come on here and clear the “loft” cloud. In the end, hit both and adjust as part of your fitting to see what looks the best at address but what the numbers look like. It should be pretty clear which is your winner.

I want to be very clear I have no earthly idea whether they’ve surruptitiously added loft or not. I felt like it “looked” like it had higher loft to my eye. I’m really, truly convinced it’s not the actual numbers, rather it’s how the face and crown are molded together. The crown looks incredible but something about how they fit together is off. I was bitterly disappointed.

I was due for a new driver this year and I thought the Mizzy would be the one based on the advanced hype. I finally went F9 because I just couldn’t keep waiting for the Mizuno demos to come out (my tournament season literally starts next week). I’m glad I did, now.

so these are out next friday?

still no demos to try here. Pretty disappointed especially since every other brand has theres out there to try.

Driver: M2, Ventus black

3w: Mizuno st 200, tense I blue

Hybrid: Mizuno clk 19

Irons: Mizuno JPX921 tours

wedges: Bettinardi HLX 3.0

Putter: Scotty Cameron H19

still no demos to try here. Pretty disappointed especially since every other brand has theres out there to try.

I think they and Ping have made a mistake by waiting so late to release. A lot of folks that are looking to go with something new for the season are going to want to go ahead and get something they can start to get comfortable with before the season starts. Waiting this late makes that hard to do.

I think they and Ping have made a mistake by waiting so late to release. A lot of folks that are looking to go with something new for the season are going to want to go ahead and get something they can start to get comfortable with before the season starts. Waiting this late makes that hard to do.

I’m the opposite, I’ll wait till late april/may to buy so I have a solid month of proper golf, and my swing has settled a bit.

Although I do plan to take a bunch of lessons this spring, so that comes into play as well. I might’ve gone ahead and bought sooner otherwise.

[size=1][b]Driver[/b] Titleist 915D3 8.5* Veylix Rome Roughneck S, tipped 1''
[b]Spoon[/b] [/size][size=1]Cobra King LTD 13.5* UST Mamiya Chrome Elements S[/size]
[size=1][b]Hybrid[/b] Adams A2ts Aldila Voodoo SNV8 S
[b]Irons[/b] Epon AF-Tour 5 - PW KBS C-taper S
[b]GW[/b] Titleist SM6 52* K-grind
[b]SW[/b] Titleist SM6 oil can 58* V-grind
[b]Putter[/b] Scotty Cameron Phantom Futura[/size]