Mizuno 2019

Just got back from the shop and looked at the new woods and hit the ST190. Some thoughts:

-The 190 and 190G look a little different at address. The 190 has a bit of a teardrop to it and the 190G is a little more symmetrical. I preferred the look of the G, but once I hit the 190 I got used to the shape really fast and it gave excellent numbers. For me, I don't need the adjustability of the G and probably wouldn't pay extra just for looks, but I think I may need to revisit this on another visit. I was planning on just buying the 190 but the G look has me thinking.

-The regular 190 is pretty low spin, my regular low-face strike pattern was consistently giving 2400 and a lot of other drivers usually go up to 2700-3000 for me on those low face strikes. I hit a couple of high face strikes and the spin was 1600-1700. If I bought the G I'd probably have to put the weights all the way back. ( I did not hit the G today.)

-ST190 is very big and friendly looking, and like others said looks like it lays flat and a square/open which is just a great look for me.

-The 3 wood shape, for whatever reason did not call to me. But,...

-The 5 wood! Wow, perfect shape, sits flat and square to my eye, will probably order the 5 wood with Tensei White to compliment my current 3 wood.

Ai Smoke ♦️♦️♦️ 9* Ventus TR Blue 6x

BRNR Mini 13.5 Kaili White 60x

TSR3 18* Ventus TR Red 7x
TSR3 24* IZ 95x
Ping Blueprint S 5-PW $-Taper 120

PING S159 50, 55, 60h 
Phantom X 7

Let’s be honest, no driver out there looks as nice as the new Mizunos. They look like a club you HAVE to try. They also perform as good, if not better, than anything currently available. For me, the only club better than it from a performance standpoint is the F9 (and the difference is marginal), but I think with a proper fitting not just plug and play in the bay type fitting would make the choice a coin flip. If so I would go Mizuno every time.

Can you give any details to the comparison of heads for the F9 vs ST190? I've not been able to hit both clubs with the same shaft so it's been hard to judge. I'm curious about launch angle, ball speed, spin, dispersion and any other thing you might can compare? I love the look, sound and feel of the ST190, but I can't tell how it performs really.

Just got back from the shop and looked at the new woods and hit the ST190. Some thoughts:

-The 190 and 190G look a little different at address. The 190 has a bit of a teardrop to it and the 190G is a little more symmetrical. I preferred the look of the G, but once I hit the 190 I got used to the shape really fast and it gave excellent numbers. For me, I don't need the adjustability of the G and probably wouldn't pay extra just for looks, but I think I may need to revisit this on another visit. I was planning on just buying the 190 but the G look has me thinking.

-The regular 190 is pretty low spin, my regular low-face strike pattern was consistently giving 2400 and a lot of other drivers usually go up to 2700-3000 for me on those low face strikes. I hit a couple of high face strikes and the spin was 1600-1700. If I bought the G I'd probably have to put the weights all the way back. ( I did not hit the G today.)

-ST190 is very big and friendly looking, and like others said looks like it lays flat and a square/open which is just a great look for me.

-The 5 wood! Wow, perfect shape, sits flat and square to my eye, will probably order the 5 wood with Tensei White to compliment my current 3 wood.

Any feedback on lofts? I read somewhere Mizuno's lofts are higher than stated. So should we all "Loft down" lol

CALLAWAY ROGUE ST MAX TD TC - 10.5 - MMT 60

TAYLORMADE Stealth Plus- 15 / 18 - PX Hzrdus Red

TAYLORMADE Gapr Hi - 22 - KBS Hybrid

TITLEIST '23 T200 - 5-PW - Steelfiber i95

VOKEY SM9 Blk 48/53/58- KBS Hi Rev 2.0 / TM Kia Ma Montecarlo

Any feedback on lofts? I read somewhere Mizuno's lofts are higher than stated. So should we all "Loft down" lol

Not sure who started that nonsense , but the lofts are standard

They also do not sit way open like somebody else said

They look perfect

Mizuno ST190G atmos 6s
Mizuno MP18 2fh / PX 6.0
Mizuno MP18 3-Pw/ PX 6.0
Mizuno S18 5310+5812/PX 6.0
Ping TR Anser 1966/ 34”

Ball - pro v1x
Grips - Crossline cord

Lofts 18 , 21.5, 25, 29, 33, 37, 41, 45, 49, 53, 58

Hit the 9.5, currently play a 9.5 and was getting ideal numberes from the Mizuno so nothing weird with loft/launch.

TSR3 24* IZ 95x

PING S159 50, 55, 60h 
Phantom X 7

Not sure who started that nonsense , but the lofts are standard

They also do not sit way open like somebody else said

They look perfect

Yeah pros wouldn't have put the thing into play if it was actually the case. The colour must just bring out the face so it's more noticeable. Hence the loft comments.

Let’s be honest, no driver out there looks as nice as the new Mizunos. They look like a club you HAVE to try. They also perform as good, if not better, than anything currently available. For me, the only club better than it from a performance standpoint is the F9 (and the difference is marginal), but I think with a proper fitting not just plug and play in the bay type fitting would make the choice a coin flip. If so I would go Mizuno every time.

Can you give any details to the comparison of heads for the F9 vs ST190? I've not been able to hit both clubs with the same shaft so it's been hard to judge. I'm curious about launch angle, ball speed, spin, dispersion and any other thing you might can compare? I love the look, sound and feel of the ST190, but I can't tell how it performs really.

Check out Page 29, I took photos and gave feedback. I am still slightly F9 biased at the moment, but if I can swing the time for a proper fitting I know it’ll be a toss up. I prefer the head shape of the ST190 as it sits almost like a big 3 wood in terms of feel. The F9 took some time to get used to cosmetically, but you can’t argue with the performance.

Driver: Titleist Tsi3 w/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow TX 6.0 
3 Wood: Cobra King Speedzone/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70

5 Wood: Callaway Mavrik Subzero/Aldila Rogue White 70
Long Irons (4-6): Wilson D7 Forged/DG120TI
Short Irons (7-P): Wilson Staff Model Blade/DG120TI

Wedges (50/54/58): Callaway Jaws MD5 w/TI S200
Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
Ball: Titleist Left Dash

Not sure if this has been brought up but anyone hear anything for the MP line coming out? I have no issues with my MP18s but just curious. Also I heard some rumors of the new T series wedge.

Mizuno ST200 10.5* - Tensei Blue 70x
Ping G 13* - Tour 80x
Mizuno MMC Fli-Hi - 3i Mitsubishi Tensei White 90TX
Mizuno MP-18 4-9 C Taper Lite X
Mizuno T7 46/53/58
Odyssey Stroke Lab 7s

Does Mizuno offer upcharge shaft options for new driver? I looked on website and only the stock shafts are listed.

https://golf.mizunoeurope.com/custom-fit/custom-specs/?tab=3

• Titleist TSR3 9* Ventus Black 6X
  • Taylormade Sim2 15* Tensei White 80TX
  • TM Stealth 2 Iron or Ping i59 3 iron Project X 7.0
  • Artisan MB 4-9 Project X 7.0
  • Artisan 46*, 50* Project X 6.5
  • Artisan  55*, 60* S400
  • Artisan BlueBonnet Carbon 0217

No sighting in Canada yet. Hoping it gets to Golftown soon. Love to try it.

Titliest Tsr3 9* Hazardous Black 6.5 gen 4

Nike SQ2 19* Hybrid Aldila VS Proto 95s 

Mizzy MP18 SC 4-6 MB 7-PW C-Taper S

Vokey SM9 50/08, 54/10, 58/08  s400

Scotty T22 Fastback 1.5 ,+ ,+ ,+ ,+

Did not like the look of the ST190 personally. Hit it a few times but just didn't suit my eye. Good luck to all. Ill stick w my original choice .

There is always a contrarian.

Driver: Titleist Tsi3 w/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow TX 6.0 
3 Wood: Cobra King Speedzone/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70

5 Wood: Callaway Mavrik Subzero/Aldila Rogue White 70
Long Irons (4-6): Wilson D7 Forged/DG120TI
Short Irons (7-P): Wilson Staff Model Blade/DG120TI

Wedges (50/54/58): Callaway Jaws MD5 w/TI S200
Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
Ball: Titleist Left Dash

Did not like the look of the ST190 personally. Hit it a few times but just didn't suit my eye. Good luck to all. Ill stick w my original choice .

There is always a contrarian.

sorry. In FL on a trip and went by PGAss and saw they had these in demo bays. Just didn't like the shape for me. Didn't try the 190g as I've read others say there different and the reg 190 was not appealing to my eye. Felt solid but was closed faced with how they had it set up. When I hovered it for hitting I saw a lot of face thought it was 12 degree or something 3 hits and moved on. Just saying try it before buying it. Beautiful to some but not for me and hey I come from Turbulators and now power ridges w Cobra and thank they are appealing .you just never know till you address it and how you react. Best wishes for those that adore it .

Check out Page 29, I took photos and gave feedback. I am still slightly F9 biased at the moment, but if I can swing the time for a proper fitting I know it’ll be a toss up. I prefer the head shape of the ST190 as it sits almost like a big 3 wood in terms of feel. The F9 took some time to get used to cosmetically, but you can’t argue with the performance.

I'm not seeing that there is a page 29. I only see 21 pages. Am I missing something?

There are those who like and dislike everything, 3woodvt simply gave his thoughts and opinions on the matter while respecting those who view otherwise. To that I say well done!

Thanks Blackmoonlihgt, Actually the Cobra and the Mizuno were the two most sought after drivers for me in 2019 just sharing a simple man's observations but sometimes that changes when actually hitting and seeing (feeling the club). On a sidenote I've never gotten along with Callaway drivers but actually like the Epic flash this year with the exception of the sound. Anyway I'll leave this one alone as we all have our favs out there but this being an information site only trying to encourage others to actually go and test drive these things before buying before hitting...you just never know.

Just heard raw T7's from a golfwrx'r here. I'm hoping for a new MP line too, REALLY wanting a black offering from Mizuno

I'm having a tough time believing you about wanting a black offering based on your signature haha. I did hear that a raw T7 might come out but them being a couple years old I imagine that finish could be on the new line.

Ping G 13* - Tour 80x
Mizuno T7 46/53/58
Odyssey Stroke Lab 7s

Unless something has changed, would fully expect MP20\T20 this coming September. I think they wanted T release wedges back on schedule with MP, but I really know very little.....

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T100s 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

Just heard raw T7's from a golfwrx'r here. I'm hoping for a new MP line too, REALLY wanting a black offering from Mizuno

I'm having a tough time believing you about wanting a black offering based on your signature haha. I did hear that a raw T7 might come out but them being a couple years old I imagine that finish could be on the new line.

If I'm not careful, I'll have a full Mizzy bag by the end of this year. lol

Sorry for going slightly off topic but do you know what shaft Eddie Pepperell is using in this new 190? Wondering if he changed what he gamed in the G400?

Currently playing the Ping and interested in the Mizuno so just wondering (not that I’m comparing my game to Eddie’s!).

Thanks in advance

Man on the Van was on holiday. He's back today and says Eddie's ST190G is set top 10 degree with weights in neutral - position 2 in each track. Shaft: Graphics Design Tour AD - IZ 7 X, 45inch, 1 inch tip, Golf Pride MCC Align 1 layer tape.

If I'm not careful, I'll have a full Mizzy bag by the end of this year. lol

Was in Tokyo last year and went to the Mizuno store. They have a bunch of MP iron finishes and a few MP iron models that they don’t sell here. Also, all of the woods come stock with premium shafts like GD TP and Tensei Pro Blue. You would love it.

TSR3 24* IZ 95x

PING S159 50, 55, 60h 
Phantom X 7

Are any of the ST190 shaft offerings similar to an Atmos Red TS 7X or Blue 6S?

I was fit into those shafts, but I was hoping to try a stock shaft closest to that in the hope I wouldn't have to buy an aftermarket shaft.

My clubhead speed is around 102-105. I have a quick tempo and a negative AOA right now. I'm hoping to improve the AOA with a little work.

They have an Atmos blue non tour spec in 6s, reds are in regular according to their site.

Ping G 13* - Tour 80x
Mizuno T7 46/53/58
Odyssey Stroke Lab 7s