Mizuno 2019

Does anyone else find it strange that the USA website does not have 190 specs yet? Europe does... Do they just flat out not care about the USA?

They have always been that way. I think the US always follows the launch which is a little backwards. I would think you would want all info out the day you can order.

TSr3 8° VENTUS RED TR 7X

TSr3 3W 15° VENTUS RED TR 8X

2023 T200 2/17°

2023 T200 4-PW, GW

SM10 52, 58 M-Grind

PIRETTI POTENZA WB

TitleistSmaller.jpg.5bc014a5893add877cc9ffa452af52bd.jpg

Does anyone know if there will be different weights available for the ST190 to assist with swingweight?? Looking at the non G model

Hopefully. But if not, you can always do what I discovered could be done with the 180:

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1653346-mizuno-st180-driver-swing-weight-custom-adjustment/

51228683_mizunoshadow.jpg.331dc94966b1c93058cfa910903c6db8.jpg

Does anyone know if there will be different weights available for the ST190 to assist with swingweight?? Looking at the non G model

Hopefully. But if not, you can always do what I discovered could be done with the 180:

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1653346-mizuno-st180-driver-swing-weight-custom-adjustment/

thanks guys

[media=]

[/media]

I cannot wait to hit this driver! It looks like Mizuno has a winner on their hands!

Apparently not to Martin Hopley from GolfAlot...

I don’t even know why I pay attention to his reviews anymore, he’s so anti Mizuno and anti W/S it makes me sick, yet he doesn’t think twice to giving out 5 star reviews to everything that comes out from TM and Cally.

Sorry just venting, can’t wait to get my hands on the 190G

If anyone was in any doubt as to whether or not equipment companies buy reviews then Martin Hopley is THE example.

He rated TM's M CGB monstrosity of an iron 5 stars for crying out loud.

If it's Callaway or TM, it's 5 stars. If it's Ping or Titleist, it's 4-5.5 stars.

Cobra is 4 stars. Wilson Staff 3.

It's so predictable. I can't remember the club but he raved about it for the full article, the dry ball data showed it to be 8 or 9 yards shorter, changed shaft and loft and it was still shorter than the previous model but his conclusion was it was excellent looking and as a fairway finder, much better than the previous model. Even though there was no dispersion data shown. Who buys a driver accepting that it's going to leave you with a half to full club more into greens?

I'll try and find the article, it was so transparent it was laughable. It's a shame for the golfing masses who don't know any better.

[media=]

[/media]

I cannot wait to hit this driver! It looks like Mizuno has a winner on their hands!

Apparently not to Martin Hopley from GolfAlot...

I don't even know why I pay attention to his reviews anymore, he's so anti Mizuno and anti W/S it makes me sick, yet he doesn't think twice to giving out 5 star reviews to everything that comes out from TM and Cally.

Sorry just venting, can't wait to get my hands on the 190G

If anyone was in any doubt as to whether or not equipment companies buy reviews then Martin Hopley is THE example.

He rated TM's M CGB monstrosity of an iron 5 stars for crying out loud.

If it's Callaway or TM, it's 5 stars. If it's Ping or Titleist, it's 4-5.5 stars.

Cobra is 4 stars. Wilson Staff 3.

It's so predictable. I can't remember the club but he raved about it for the full article, the dry ball data showed it to be 8 or 9 yards shorter, changed shaft and loft and it was still shorter than the previous model but his conclusion was it was excellent looking and as a fairway finder, much better than the previous model. Even though there was no dispersion data shown. Who buys a driver accepting that it's going to leave you with a half to full club more into greens?

I'll try and find the article, it was so transparent it was laughable. It's a shame for the golfing masses who don't know any better.

Most of what he says is dribble as well.

New TXG fitting of the ST190, they seem to like it overall a bit more than even the Cobra F9 which is impressive after the fitting video of the F9 they did. Basically, pick the one which fits your eye better and find the right shaft and enjoy:

Driver: Titleist Tsi3 w/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow TX 6.0 
3 Wood: Cobra King Speedzone/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70

5 Wood: Callaway Mavrik Subzero/Aldila Rogue White 70
Long Irons (4-6): Wilson D7 Forged/DG120TI
Short Irons (7-P): Wilson Staff Model Blade/DG120TI

Wedges (50/54/58): Callaway Jaws MD5 w/TI S200
Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
Ball: Titleist Left Dash

New TXG fitting of the ST190, they seem to like it overall a bit more than even the Cobra F9 which is impressive after the fitting video of the F9 they did. Basically, pick the one which fits your eye better and find the right shaft and enjoy:

I understand they are trying to fit the guy with the right combo, but it would have been nice to see them test one of the Atmos shafts. Testing with crazy expensive after market shafts just doesn't speak to most golfers interested in buying the new Mizuno. I would also bet that the numbers with an included atmos shaft would be very similar if not better than the exotic shafts he was testing.

I understand they are trying to fit the guy with the right combo, but it would have been nice to see them test one of the Atmos shafts. Testing with crazy expensive after market shafts just doesn't speak to most golfers interested in buying the new Mizuno. I would also bet that the numbers with an included atmos shaft would be very similar if not better than the exotic shafts he was testing.

TXG isn't in the business of selling stock off the rack clubs. They are high end custom club fitters/builders. It would make no sense for them to show anything but a optimally fit club.

• Taylormade Qi10 core 9* - Ventus TR Blue 6TX
  • Taylormade Tour Issue Stealth Plus+ 3 HL - Ventus Black 8TX
  • Titleist T100 4-PW - DG TI X100
  • Taylormade MG4 50SB, 56HB, 60HBW - DG TI S400
  • Artisan Blue Bonnet 0820 - LAGP TPZ One35 USA

TXG isn't in the business of selling stock off the rack clubs. They are high end custom club fitters/builders. It would make no sense for them to show anything but a optimally fit club.

That's correct, if the stock Atmos would have been anywhere close to being as good or better than the aftermarket shafts they would have used it. The purpose of the video was to show that when optimally fit the ST190 was neck and neck with the F9.

Callaway Epic Sub Zero 10.5 - Fuji Pro 63x Tour Spec
Callaway Rogue 15 - Project X HZRDUS Yellow 75 6.5
Taylormade TP UDI 3 iron - X100 AMT Tour Issue
Mizuno 919T 4-9- X100 AMT Tour White
Mizuno T7 46 - X100 AMT Tour White
Mizuno T7 50, 56, & 60 - S400 Tour Issue
Taylormade TP Ardmore 3

That's correct, if the stock Atmos would have been anywhere close to being as good or better than the aftermarket shafts they would have used it. The purpose of the video was to show that when optimally fit the ST190 was neck and neck with the F9.

I don't think that was the purpose but it might have been the outcome.

I'm also doubtful that a business who derive a fair portion of their income from expensive upgrade shafts would use social media to suggest that stock shafts are optimal. That would be s***.ting in your own nest.

Lefty from TXG is swinging out of his coight at the moment. I'd like to see what he could do with a proper fitting with his G400 LST.

That is actually his gamer from what I have seen, G400 LST w/ TPT shaft. The Cobra and Mizuno blew it out of the water.

I'm also doubtful that a business who derive a fair portion of their income from expensive upgrade shafts would use social media to suggest that stock shafts are optimal. That would be s***.ting in your own nest.

I've noticed in some videos they have made comments about available stock shafts along the lines of Driver A is great value because shaft X would be $XXX in their shop. So it's not as if they are actively against a certain shaft, but of course it is to their financial benefit for a customer to ultimately buy an exotic aftermarket shaft.

• Taylormade Qi10 core 9* - Ventus TR Blue 6TX
  • Taylormade Tour Issue Stealth Plus+ 3 HL - Ventus Black 8TX
  • Titleist T100 4-PW - DG TI X100
  • Taylormade MG4 50SB, 56HB, 60HBW - DG TI S400
  • Artisan Blue Bonnet 0820 - LAGP TPZ One35 USA

They say literally within the first minute and a half of the video that they've had people ask is the Mizuno head not as good as the Cobra based on the videos they've posted in the past week or so. They're trying to give it a fair shake.

Callaway Epic Sub Zero 10.5 - Fuji Pro 63x Tour Spec
Callaway Rogue 15 - Project X HZRDUS Yellow 75 6.5
Taylormade TP UDI 3 iron - X100 AMT Tour Issue
Mizuno 919T 4-9- X100 AMT Tour White
Mizuno T7 46 - X100 AMT Tour White
Mizuno T7 50, 56, & 60 - S400 Tour Issue
Taylormade TP Ardmore 3

Lefty from TXG is swinging out of his coight at the moment. I'd like to see what he could do with a proper fitting with his G400 LST.

That is actually his gamer from what I have seen, G400 LST w/ TPT shaft. The Cobra and Mizuno blew it out of the water.

I've noticed in some videos they have made comments about available stock shafts along the lines of Driver A is great value because shaft X would be $XXX in their shop. So it's not as if they are actively against a certain shaft, but of course it is to their financial benefit for a customer to ultimately buy an exotic aftermarket shaft.

Aware it is his current driver. He is swinging faster now and they have mentioned that the TPT shaft probably isnt the best fit anymore. How would the G400 LST stack up with a better shaft? My guess is that it would be pretty similar to the recent numbers we have been seeing with Cobra and Mizuno.

Cobra and Mizuno must be very happy as they have come out looking great but the majority of performance improvements we have seen over previous reviews are down to how he is swinging it.

They say literally within the first minute and a half of the video that they've had people ask is the Mizuno head not as good as the Cobra based on the videos they've posted in the past week or so. They're trying to give it a fair shake.

They are addressing people's comments but the majority of the video is about trying to optimally fit the Mizuno. If the video was about comparing to Mizuno I would have expected a head to head comparison on the day.

Understand your point though.

TXG has made numerous points that some stock shafts are a great fit for the majority of golfers. However, someone like Matt swinging at 120+mph, might be better off with an aftermarket shaft. I believe he hit the stock shaft at the PGA show and ball speeds were slightly down compared to this fitted driver. His highest @ the show was ~177 with the Mizuno I think? And 182 in the shop.

I agree that it could be beneficial to see a new fitting with his G400 LST because it seems he is swinging it nearly 3-4mph faster.

I'm excited to hit the Mizuno when it comes out at the PGA SS. It looks great from the pics.

Driver: Cobra LTD Pro 7.5o - Kuro Kage DC XT 70 TX - Tipped 1"

UDI: 2019 TaylorMade P790 2i

Irons: 3-PW: Srixon z745 with Modus 130x

Wedges: 52o/56o/60o - Cleveland RTX4s

Putter: Ping Kushin 4

Crossfield has mentioned that margins on golf equipment are not great and that aftermarket shafts can over double the profit made. Does that mean they are better?....I doubt it in most cases. However, if you believe a $500 shaft will help you score better and you can afford then you should get it.

All that people can go off are the performance numbers. I hope no-one is walking out of a driver fitting thinking that they will score better.

Mizuno has a winner on its hand here just from looks alone. Haven't hit this yet but obviously its pretty much on par with everything in its class this year. I still believe the F9 is getting better ball speeds than anything this year but all are pretty close. If Miz would have had this thing out earlier I would have tried it and most likely bought it but very happy with the Cobra. These 2 mfgs' should make some gains this year in driver market share. Great job mizuno great looking and performing club it appears.

Mizuno has a winner on its hand here just from looks alone. Haven't hit this yet but obviously its pretty much on par with everything in its class this year. I still believe the F9 is getting better ball speeds than anything this year but all are pretty close. If Miz would have had this thing out earlier I would have tried it and most likely bought it but very happy with the Cobra. These 2 mfgs' should make some gains this year in driver market share. Great job mizuno great looking and performing club it appears.

I agree with you 100% on this. I grew tired of waiting on Mizuno’s Release dates and went with the Cobra. I would have probably went Mizuno, just sick of the way they operate sometimes. I think a lot of people have lost interest.

I agree with you 100% on this. I grew tired of waiting on Mizuno’s Release dates and went with the Cobra. I would have probably went Mizuno, just sick of the way they operate sometimes. I think a lot of people have lost interest.

"Thankfully" (not really), I'm 2+ months away from golfing outdoors. So no problem waiting on their release. However, I'm itching to hit it.

[size=1][b]Driver[/b] Titleist 915D3 8.5* Veylix Rome Roughneck S, tipped 1''
[b]Spoon[/b] [/size][size=1]Cobra King LTD 13.5* UST Mamiya Chrome Elements S[/size]
[size=1][b]Hybrid[/b] Adams A2ts Aldila Voodoo SNV8 S
[b]Irons[/b] Epon AF-Tour 5 - PW KBS C-taper S
[b]GW[/b] Titleist SM6 52* K-grind
[b]SW[/b] Titleist SM6 oil can 58* V-grind
[b]Putter[/b] Scotty Cameron Phantom Futura[/size]

Given the lack of buzz on these forums for the review I think you are likely right.

Driver: Titleist Tsi3 w/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow TX 6.0 
3 Wood: Cobra King Speedzone/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70

5 Wood: Callaway Mavrik Subzero/Aldila Rogue White 70
Long Irons (4-6): Wilson D7 Forged/DG120TI
Short Irons (7-P): Wilson Staff Model Blade/DG120TI

Wedges (50/54/58): Callaway Jaws MD5 w/TI S200
Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
Ball: Titleist Left Dash

Fair warning. I took a few swipes with it last night. I didn’t have much time. Shop was closing.

Gorgeous club as everyone has noted. Sound rivals F9. On big issue for me. At least in the neutral setting which I hit it in, it sets up very open.

I don’t care for it at all. If a club doesn’t look square at address I can’t get comfortable over it. I intend to mess with the settings another day. Maybe I can tone down the open look a bit. The ST 180 I’ve got looks downright hook faced in comparison. Wildly different.

Fair warning. I took a few swipes with it last night. I didn’t have much time. Shop was closing.

Gorgeous club as everyone has noted. Sound rivals F9. On big issue for me. At least in the neutral setting which I hit it in, it sets up very open.

I don’t care for it at all. If a club doesn’t look square at address I can’t get comfortable over it. I intend to mess with the settings another day. Maybe I can tone down the open look a bit. The ST 180 I’ve got looks downright hook faced in comparison. Wildly different.

Were you hitting the G or the regular ST190?

thanks for that insight. I too have to hit it as I was torn between F9 and this. Couldn't hold off any longer. I hope Mizz rocks it w this driver, as you say it does have eye appeal.