Mizuno 2019

Sorry if I missed it, but whatever happened to the jpx fli-hi that was supposed to be coming?

It’s out.

https://golf.mizunoeurope.com/hybrids/

PXG GEN6 0311 10.5*DRIVER/FUJI RED VELOCORE 6S/GP TW WHT

PXG GEN5 0311XF 17*FAIRWAY/FUJI MOTORE X F3 7S/GP TW WHT

PXG GEN3 0311XP 3 IRON/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG GEN3 0311P 4-PW/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG GEN4 0311P GW/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG SD II WEDGES/56/13&62/10/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/GP TW BLK

MACHINE M2A 1018RAW CS PUTTER/ACCRA I-STEEL/SS FLAT 1.0

Just got my ST190 9.5 Atmos Black stiff in the mail. Took it to the range. Took about 6-7 balls to get used to the Atmos, but this thing performs great. Looks, sound and ballflight were excellent. I dialed it down to 8.5 and it was even better. For whatever, reason it didn't sit open to my eye in the neutral setting this time. I would not say I saw any draw bias. Just an excellent all around golf club that puts out what you put in and looks/sounds/feels killer.

The Atmos Black TS was a good fit for me in a recent fitting so I was ready for it do be good. It's really a nice shaft that is nice and stable and feels smooth. I could (and probably should) just game it and be fine. I am thinking Ventus or TZ5 or TZ6, but I doubt any of those are going to be significantly better than the Atmos if I'm honest.

Ai Smoke ♦️♦️♦️ 9* Ventus TR Blue 6x

BRNR Mini 13.5 Kaili White 60x

TSR3 18* Ventus TR Red 7x
TSR3 24* IZ 95x
Ping Blueprint S 5-PW $-Taper 120

PING S159 50, 55, 60h 
Phantom X 7

Just got my ST190 9.5 Atmos Black stiff in the mail. Took it to the range. Took about 6-7 balls to get used to the Atmos, but this thing performs great. Looks, sound and ballflight were excellent. I dialed it down to 8.5 and it was even better. For whatever, reason it didn't sit open to my eye in the neutral setting this time. I would not say I saw any draw bias. Just an excellent all around golf club that puts out what you put in and looks/sounds/feels killer.

The Atmos Black TS was a good fit for me in a recent fitting so I was ready for it do be good. It's really a nice shaft that is nice and stable and feels smooth. I could (and probably should) just game it and be fine. I am thinking Ventus or TZ5 or TZ6, but I doubt any of those are going to be significantly better than the Atmos if I'm honest.

I had to go to the Atmos 7X in place of my 6s and the difference was night and day. I was having to throttle or time my swing with the 6s and with the 7X I could just do my normal quick aggressive tempo at my 103ss. Good luck Ps. Went from 9.5 to 8.0 and with shaft change and loft (head change) dropped 800 spin and picked up 8 mph ball speeds and 10-12 yards carry avg. Also moved the heavy weight back to rear with my F9 with the 7X which also made the club more forgiving. Just wanted to share my experience.

I checked out these drivers 190 190G. Not what I was expecting in that I thought they would be the best looking heads this year. However I found the shaping and lines a bit putting off. Sound was not great either for mizuno which always say they have great acoustics. Does not like there is any carbon in the head at all. Something also in the design of how the club rests and face angle constantly messing with getting it to look right at address. I tried but not for me. Sorry for "hating" but just providing my honest feedback. Much preferred the m5 or 0811x gen2, or 410.

PING G410 9 Flat(HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5/Ventus Black 7x)
PING G410 14.5 (HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5)
PING G425 LST 14.5 (Speeder Tour Spec 7.2x)

PING G410 17.5 (HZRDUS T1100 85g 6.5)

NIKE Vapor Fly 20* Iron (Modus105x HS)

PING i500 20* iron (DG105x100)

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

52 milled grind (DGX7)  / Vokey TVD K 58 (DGX7)
TM Spider Armlock/SIK Armlock

I checked out these drivers 190 190G. Not what I was expecting in that I thought they would be the best looking heads this year. However I found the shaping and lines a bit putting off. Sound was not great either for mizuno which always say they have great acoustics. Does not like there is any carbon in the head at all. Something also in the design of how the club rests and face angle constantly messing with getting it to look right at address. I tried but not for me. Sorry for "hating" but just providing my honest feedback. Much preferred the m5 or 0811x gen2, or 410.

Good honest feedback is appreciated in here. I found much the same thing you described as I was too looking forward to these heads. It's funny how we all perceive things differently, I love the F9 head but didn't like the M5/6 looks at all. I haven't seen the PXG or Ping410 but would probably like them since I gamed Ping for the last decade. I did not see the 190G at address as someone was hitting it but did take the 190 for a spin and quickly returned it as if it doesn't do it at address for you then you're only kidding yourself. Still love following this thread though, and seeing others that find this driver performs for them.

Couldn’t agree more. I hit it at the PGA show. It really is a good driver though. To my eye it has some unique lines. Don’t know what it was. I have not yet taken it out of consideration for my fitting tomorrow. Considerations right now are PXG, M 5/6, Ping, and Mizuno. Am not biased at this point. Trying to head in with an open mind.

So I can finally give my full review. I played 18 holes and put it up against my semi new TS2. This is long, so feel free to skip to the end for my opinion.

To be fair, I have been semi rooting for TS2. I played M1 all of last year, then when the Mizuno's were leaked I said "wow that's beautiful, I'm getting those." So I sold my old woods and ordered these. In the interim I was holding my home clubs demo TS2's and fell in love. Straight bombs all day long. Same exact shaft and I definitely gained distance. As I was falling in love, I started getting frustrated with Mizuno. I went in to a local shop to place my order, and wanted the ST190 Driver and the ST190 TS 3 wood. The Mizuno rep argued with us on the phone for 30 minutes about how there was no such thing as the TS. We finally get someone else on who placed the correct order (the standard ST190 3 wood showed up of course...).

Then I got frustrated by a few other things:

1 - there were no demo's anywhere. I mean how would I really settle on that club if its not in ANY golf shops unless I am a fanboy.

2 - they release later than everything else. It could be a great driver, but it doesn't matter if everyone else has already bought Epic Flash and F9.

3 - why wasn't my driver delivered to the store on the 2/15 release day? Could you imagine Taylormade saying "I know they come out on x date but you really can't have it until 10 days after that. Every major brand had their new stuff in stores before release so people could demo them. They had custom orders in store on release day if ordered in enough time.

4 - I got it 9 days after release... i mean come on did they ship via a kid on a skateboard?

So I was going to just sell it right away BNIP but decided to give it a chance and take the used price hit.

I played the best golf of my life today, so I think today was a really good indicator. TS2 is longer... but keep reading. Both are in Tensei blue stiff, pretty much identical shafts. Mizuno felt really hot, I just think it launched higher and spun more. There were some not great hits with TS2 that were still a few yards longer than well struck hits with Mizuno. There were honestly 4 or 5 holes that I mashed the Mizuno and thought to myself, OK Mizuno won this one, only to get up to the balls and find the TS2 a hair longer. Not much in it in most cases, but there were about 2 holes where I hit both clubs well and Titleist was 15 or so yards longer.

So throughout the day the overall feeling between me and my friend was "this isn't even very close." Right after a hole where I hit both well and TS2 was 17 yards longer, I hit bad very toey shot with TS2. I then hit a great shot with Mizuno, and turned to my friend and said "hold the phone Mizuno's roaring back." We got up to the balls and Titleist was again 3 yards longer... we were shocked. I almost abandoned the test at that point.

One thing we did agree on however was that the Mizuno might have been a hair more accurate. Hard to say because I was hitting fairways all day but Mizuno seemed to be slightly more down the middle. This showed up big-time towards the end of the round. One of my big issues is I start to get a little squirly towards the end of good rounds. Losing a little control so to speak. Well on 14 and 15 I hit TS2 as player A and missed left both times. To be honest I was lucky to keep the ball in play even though they were bombs.

We got to 16 and I missed badly right with TS2, though that was the smart play there so I was semi trying to do that.

Then on 17 I decided to play Mizuno as player A on an extremely narrow tee shot. I put it right down the middle, and made a simple par to stay -2. I played TS2 as player B and couldn't even keep the ball in bounds.

Then on 18 there is water basically anywhere past 220 down the middle. If you are hitting driver you basically have to hit a pretty big fade to push the ball around a big tree in order to keep the ball dry. It is NOT a driver hole. So I smashed a slight fade down the middle with TS2 which I thought would have been OK but we never found. Player B was Mizuno, I hit a terrible shot that was a big slice and found the right rough and would have left me a nice easy approach in for my par and first under par round (Luckily I took a drop and stuck one and made the putt for par!)

So when the pressure was on, Mizuno was straighter for me. Hard to say really, but because of that, I am going to give it another chance on Tuesday. I still think TS2 won today, it was definitely longer, even on mishits, and I wouldn't say it was definitely less accurate. With that said, I believe the ST190 is an amazing club. Looks amazing, and sounds and feels great. It feels just as hot as anything I have hit. I could game this club with absolute ease.

Will update on Tuesday. The ST190 would really need to be head and shoulders above the TS2 to stay alive at this point, but it will get another shot.

If it doesn't win, be on the lookout on the BST :)

So I can finally give my full review. I played 18 holes and put it up against my semi new TS2. This is long, so feel free to skip to the end for my opinion.

To be fair, I have been semi rooting for TS2. I played M1 all of last year, then when the Mizuno's were leaked I said "wow that's beautiful, I'm getting those." So I sold my old woods and ordered these. In the interim I was holding my home clubs demo TS2's and fell in love. Straight bombs all day long. Same exact shaft and I definitely gained distance. As I was falling in love, I started getting frustrated with Mizuno. I went in to a local shop to place my order, and wanted the ST190 Driver and the ST190 TS 3 wood. The Mizuno rep argued with us on the phone for 30 minutes about how there was no such thing as the TS. We finally get someone else on who placed the correct order (the standard ST190 3 wood showed up of course...).

Then I got frustrated by a few other things:

1 - there were no demo's anywhere. I mean how would I really settle on that club if its not in ANY golf shops unless I am a fanboy.

2 - they release later than everything else. It could be a great driver, but it doesn't matter if everyone else has already bought Epic Flash and F9.

3 - why wasn't my driver delivered to the store on the 2/15 release day? Could you imagine Taylormade saying "I know they come out on x date but you really can't have it until 10 days after that. Every major brand had their new stuff in stores before release so people could demo them. They had custom orders in store on release day if ordered in enough time.

4 - I got it 9 days after release... i mean come on did they ship via a kid on a skateboard?

So I was going to just sell it right away BNIP but decided to give it a chance and take the used price hit.

I played the best golf of my life today, so I think today was a really good indicator. TS2 is longer... but keep reading. Both are in Tensei blue stiff, pretty much identical shafts. Mizuno felt really hot, I just think it launched higher and spun more. There were some not great hits with TS2 that were still a few yards longer than well struck hits with Mizuno. There were honestly 4 or 5 holes that I mashed the Mizuno and thought to myself, OK Mizuno won this one, only to get up to the balls and find the TS2 a hair longer. Not much in it in most cases, but there were about 2 holes where I hit both clubs well and Titleist was 15 or so yards longer.

So throughout the day the overall feeling between me and my friend was "this isn't even very close." Right after a hole where I hit both well and TS2 was 17 yards longer, I hit bad very toey shot with TS2. I then hit a great shot with Mizuno, and turned to my friend and said "hold the phone Mizuno's roaring back." We got up to the balls and Titleist was again 3 yards longer... we were shocked. I almost abandoned the test at that point.

One thing we did agree on however was that the Mizuno might have been a hair more accurate. Hard to say because I was hitting fairways all day but Mizuno seemed to be slightly more down the middle. This showed up big-time towards the end of the round. One of my big issues is I start to get a little squirly towards the end of good rounds. Losing a little control so to speak. Well on 14 and 15 I hit TS2 as player A and missed left both times. To be honest I was lucky to keep the ball in play even though they were bombs.

We got to 16 and I missed badly right with TS2, though that was the smart play there so I was semi trying to do that.

Then on 17 I decided to play Mizuno as player A on an extremely narrow tee shot. I put it right down the middle, and made a simple par to stay -2. I played TS2 as player B and couldn't even keep the ball in bounds.

Then on 18 there is water basically anywhere past 220 down the middle. If you are hitting driver you basically have to hit a pretty big fade to push the ball around a big tree in order to keep the ball dry. It is NOT a driver hole. So I smashed a slight fade down the middle with TS2 which I thought would have been OK but we never found. Player B was Mizuno, I hit a terrible shot that was a big slice and found the right rough and would have left me a nice easy approach in for my par and first under par round (Luckily I took a drop and stuck one and made the putt for par!)

So when the pressure was on, Mizuno was straighter for me. Hard to say really, but because of that, I am going to give it another chance on Tuesday. I still think TS2 won today, it was definitely longer, even on mishits, and I wouldn't say it was definitely less accurate. With that said, I believe the ST190 is an amazing club. Looks amazing, and sounds and feels great. It feels just as hot as anything I have hit. I could game this club with absolute ease.

Will update on Tuesday. The ST190 would really need to be head and shoulders above the TS2 to stay alive at this point, but it will get another shot.

If it doesn't win, be on the lookout on the BST :)

Thanks for your input. That definitely helps. I'm in between the Mizuno (love the way it looks, sounds and feels), the TS3 (looks good and I'm used to Titleist drivers) and the F9 which I seemed to hit farther on average than the TS3. The look isn't quite as good and sound/feel aren't quite as good as ST190.

The price of the F9 and ST190 are definitely a plus compared to the TS3 as well.

If you could post your thoughts after Tuesday, I would really appreciate it. I'm thinking about buying both the F9 and ST190 to see which one wins out. It's so hard to tell hitting in bays. Plus I'm not 100% sure what my exact shaft/setting fit is just yet. I really like the Atmos TS shafts, but I haven't been able to hit all clubs with the same shaft yet.

Both are in Tensei blue stiff, pretty much identical shafts.

I think you'll find that's why the Titleist was longer than the Mizuno. There's been other tests that have shown the 190 is as long as anything else out there. You can't really have a fair comparison of driver vs driver with the same shaft in it - good starting point but not a final test. Need to have the right shaft for the head in both then test; you'll probably find they're about the same.

With equal strikes and the right fit, there's no way any driver released this year is going to be more than 5-10 yards longer than any others.

I 100% agree with that. I'm sure I could find a way to get the Mizuno to out perform the Titleist. To me the TS2 feels really hot, and the Mizuno maybe even hotter. I'm sure if I could get the spin down it would be longer.

Unfortunately these are just the 2nd clubs that I have so I gotta go with 1 of the 2

Regarding the 190 look at address, turning up the loft half a degree greatly improved the address position for me. Give it a try if you haven’t already.

I’m torn on this driver. I hit some bombs with it first time out and it looks cool as hell, but I don’t think the atmos black I ordered is the shaft for me and I don’t know how much I want to experiment with different shafts when my current driver has been pretty solid lately. Not sure if I’m gonna keep the Mizuno yet.

I 100% agree with that. I'm sure I could find a way to get the Mizuno to out perform the Titleist. To me the TS2 feels really hot, and the Mizuno maybe even hotter. I'm sure if I could get the spin down it would be longer.

Unfortunately these are just the 2nd clubs that I have so I gotta go with 1 of the 2

Are both the same length? Stock Titleist is 45.5 and stock Mizuno is 45. Also, Tensei AV Blue may be lower launch and spin than CK Blue.

TS2 is tough to beat IMO. Hits straight and long and looks great. I think more people should try it. I just slightly prefer the look and feel of the Mizuno and I’m a Mizuno fanboy so am keeping it over my TS2. The TS2 for me was phenomenal.

Ai Smoke ♦️♦️♦️ 9* Ventus TR Blue 6x

BRNR Mini 13.5 Kaili White 60x

TSR3 18* Ventus TR Red 7x
TSR3 24* IZ 95x
Ping Blueprint S 5-PW $-Taper 120

PING S159 50, 55, 60h 
Phantom X 7

Regarding the 190 look at address, turning up the loft half a degree greatly improved the address position for me. Give it a try if you haven’t already.

I’m torn on this driver. I hit some bombs with it first time out and it looks cool as hell, but I don’t think the atmos black I ordered is the shaft for me and I don’t know how much I want to experiment with different shafts when my current driver has been pretty solid lately. Not sure if I’m gonna keep the Mizuno yet.

I've been gaming the ST190G, G410 and Epic Flash SZ the last few weeks and can honestly say that none of the drivers are lagging behind the others. The ST190G is a great looking driver, though I do have one complaint about it. It looks like it has 15* of loft at address. There is a gloss line that sits at an angle on the topline and blends into the crown. This makes it look like there is more loft, which drives me nuts. The Atmos Black TS shaft is ok at best, and that's been a consistent review from a lot of my clients for a while now. I don't think it does the ST190G any favors. Those of you who are trying it, try other shafts if available. I put a KK DC 70TX in mine and it is a beast. The sound doesn't bother me at all, as I've gotten used to the Epic Flash which I would consider to be more annoying up front. If anyone goes and tries this driver and doesn't get performance out of it with the Atmos shaft, please try some other shafts. You're missing out and could be unlocking a great driver for you. I can see why the tour guys are using this thing. I don't know if it will beat out my G410 though. Put a little hotmelt up front to make it act like the LST version coming in the summer and that thing is a forgiving missile.

Just like every club, in order to find it's true potential we must find what shaft works best for your swing with that club head. Then we can truly do a head to head test and see which ones performs the best for you. If you watch the TXG videos, you'll see just how much is unlocked when the right shaft for the club head AND golfer are selected. It's remarkable what can be done by someone who knows what they are doing. The ST190 line is phenomenal and can easily hang with any other driver this year.

OK did another head to head today. Not striking the ball as well, but still pretty well to give an adequate test.

Overall, the TS2 is still slightly longer for me, but it is really only a yard or 2 in it. It is semi hard playing 2 different drivers back to back on every hole, so I missed right twice with Mizuno, but that is just me and nothing to do with the club. On the holes that I got 2 more or less equal strikes the TS2 was 3 or 4 yards further. I also have yet to have a hole where the Mizuno was further. Always within a few yards other than one or 2 instances, but never ahead. Really not anything to do with the head, more to do with the shafts.

To me the Titleist won, but if anything the test just proved that the Mizuno is able to hang. With a slightly different shaft or more time adjusting I'm sure it could match anything else on the market. It's kinda funny but Mizuno easier to shape, and I love playing a fade. I found hitting fades with this club very easy. It is actually slightly harder with the TS2 as it has the SFW (draw biased) shaft. I am sure I could work the Mizuno either way if needed, more so than the TS2. That and it's accuracy really make me like it.

All in all, I am sticking with the Titleist but had things worked out differently and I never tested the TS2, or it came out sooner so I didn't need to borrow the TS2 I would not be any worse off.

For those more knowledgeable on shafts, I have a question I'm hoping someone can help with. I think I may have finally decided on the ST190. It was between that and the F9. I just liked the look, sound and feel much better on the ST190 although I hit the F9 pretty well. I was looking for an Atmos TS Blue 6 shaft, but I know that's not offered on the ST190. Ultimately I may order one, but for now I will probably go with an Atmos TS Black. My question is about flex stiffness. I think I like the feel of the 6 series best, but I can't figure out if I want/need S or X flex. I was fit in an X flex a few weeks back, but I've never had one before. My ball speeds were only 138-140 mph. That doesn't seem very high for that stiff of flex, but I'm also a hard transition swing.

I was thinking of maybe getting the Atmos TS Black 6S and tipping it 1 inch. I'm curious to know how the ball flight characteristics would be between that and just a standard 6X that's the same length. Would I not have to work as hard but still have a fairly minimal rotating clubhead? Would it be stiffer in the tip than an X flex at that point? Also are there any general rules of thumb for club head speed or ball speed that would point me in a better direction for flex? I guess I'm thinking I am somewhere between a S and X flex so I'm wondering if I can get the best of both worlds by tipping.

Mizuno, when you release your next T series wedge later this year, please let a raw option make it to retail.

Bunch of raw T7s in the Honda pics and they are a 10/10

+1

Ping G430 Max 10K 9* with GD Tour AD VF 5 stiff untipped

Taylormade Burner Mini 13.5* with GD Tour AD VF 6 stiff untipped 

Ping i530 4-P,U with Fujikura Axiom 125x 

Ping s159 wedges 52s, 56s, 60h with Fujikura Axiom 125x

Odyssey Ai One Milled Eight T S

2024 Callaway Tour 
Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 +1/64"
Ogio Silencer bag

Is Mizuno releasing a new set of t7 wedges this year? if so what time frame? What's the difference between t7 and s18?

No they’re releasing a new players wedge most likely named the T20 sometime in the fall. Biggest differences between the T series and the S are shape. T series also I more player focused and the S leans towards forgiveness.

Are the fli-hi coming to the US? I’ve only seen them in the euro site.

Releasing on 3/1

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!