Ping Blueprint forged irons- New photos added page 27

Just to clarify, these are not hollow.

Guys here who think ping would adjust SW in these new gorgeous blades with led tape are out of bounds.

Not saying you’re wrong. But. Source ?

What if it is a new version of their CTP and there was different weight/balance/tuning cartridges that go in before the screw? That would be kind of a cool evolution for Ping.

Not saying you're wrong. But. Source ?

Managing editor for equipment at golf.com, that guy is legit.

G430 Max 10K Hzrdus RDX Red 60 / Ping G430 Max 5fw KBS TD 70 / Titleist TSi2 4Hy  Tensei CK Pro Orange 80HY 

Ping iBlade 4-PW Modus3 120 / Cleveland RTX2.0 50° DG S200 / Ping Glide3.0 56° DG TI S400 / Ping Glide4.0 60° DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Phantom 7.5 Stability Tour / Titleist ProV1x

What if it is a new version of their CTP and there was different weight/balance/tuning cartridges that go in before the screw? That would be kind of a cool evolution for Ping.

IMO that would also deteriorate feel to an extent? I'm guessing Blueprint irons are 100% about feel..

I think it's funny that these irons are played on tour since rumors suggest these are not coming out for a while now, and these would also be in a different category than the iBlades..

Ping has had huge success with iBlades and they have trademarked brands: Blueprint & iBlade 2.0. So it could be they will release 2 players irons soon, hell they have like 3 game improvement lines out for sale now, G700, G400 & i500 irons.

My guess is, they will bring out iBlade 2.0 before these irons, maybe unveiling will happen January, and for sale beginning of summer.

Looking at Ping resent history with release date's of the players iron category, there is no real pattern to it...

S57 August 2008: 1year 11 months -> S56 July 2010

3 years 4 months -> S55 November 2013

2 years 8 months -> iBlade July 2016

2 years 4 months and counting... So my guess is iBlade 2.0 out march / april 2019.

G430 Max 10K Hzrdus RDX Red 60 / Ping G430 Max 5fw KBS TD 70 / Titleist TSi2 4Hy  Tensei CK Pro Orange 80HY 

Ping iBlade 4-PW Modus3 120 / Cleveland RTX2.0 50° DG S200 / Ping Glide3.0 56° DG TI S400 / Ping Glide4.0 60° DG TI S400

Managing editor for equipment at golf.com, that guy is legit.

So you’re claiming a 1 piece forging with a toe weight ?

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Guys here who think ping would adjust SW in these new gorgeous blades with led tape are out of bounds.

Not saying you’re wrong. But. Source ?

whats CTP ( sure I’ll regret asking a dumb question ).

Could be possible. But that would point to a cavity and likely a welded face.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

whats CTP ( sure I'll regret asking a dumb question ).

Could be possible. But that would point to a cavity and likely a welded face.

Blade - I think that's short for Custom Tuning Port

Mizuno ST Max 230 10.5* - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 15/18 - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 22 - LinQ Blue 75F4

Mizuno JPX 923 Tour 5-P  DG120 S300

Vokey SM9 50/54/60 - DGS200

Mizuno M-Craft II

CSX   

gotcha...thanks ... see youre hitting the B stone XD-H .... I have it in 18 degree... best kept hybrid secret on earth isnt it ?!

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

gotcha...thanks ... see youre hitting the B stone XD-H .... I have it in 18 degree... best kept hybrid secret on earth isnt it ?!

yeah slight threadjack - they are long, feel and sound great and maybe the first hybrid I've ever played that I can set up for a right to left shot without fear of hooking or overdrawing.

edit - and I haven't checked them for swingweight but I love the head heavy feel from these

Mizuno M-Craft II

CSX   

maybe blueprint will just be a smaller version of the i500 and they will also launch iblade 2.0's .. one of them at the PGA show in Jan is my guess

IIRC, the iblade was not a hit on tour, most players that tried them went back to their 55's

They were very spinny for me and lots of others

Ping G400 LST 11* Ventus Black TR 5x

Ping G400 5w 16.9* Ventus Black 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x

Ping G425 4h 22* Fuji TourSpec 8.2s

Ping Blueprint S 5 - PW Steelfiber 95 & 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*, Tour W 64* SF 125s

EvnRoll ER9

maybe blueprint will just be a smaller version of the i500 and they will also launch iblade 2.0's .. one of them at the PGA show in Jan is my guess

IIRC, the iblade was not a hit on tour, most players that tried them went back to their 55's

Not doubting you but I feel like I still see quite a few of these in Ping staffer's bags. I think Baddeley is playing them. Isn't Bubba? And Champ? IDK. Not sure what percentage of their staff is using these but just feel like I see them quite a bit.

Mizuno M-Craft II

CSX   

Not doubting you but I feel like I still see quite a few of these in Ping staffer's bags. I think Baddely is playing them. Isn't Bubba? And Champ? IDK. Not sure what percentage of their staff is using these but just feel like I see them quite a bit.

I don’t think Bubba is, but otherwise yes, the iblade has done well on tour. It would be interesting tho to see ping have two players clubs with an iblade and the blueprint. I’d figured the blueprint would replace iblade, there’s just not a lot of volume for ping in this sort of players club, so to split that market with two offerings would be surprise. Tho it would very welcome.

Not doubting you but I feel like I still see quite a few of these in Ping staffer's bags. I think Baddely is playing them. Isn't Bubba? And Champ? IDK. Not sure what percentage of their staff is using these but just feel like I see them quite a bit.

I believe Bubba used them for about a week or two and went back to his S55s. I believe he does carry an iBlade 2 iron though.

Mostly PING clubs, with TaylorMade woods.

Iblades have done plenty well on tour. Current numbers for guys on tour per Ping's website:

iblade - 14

s55 - 7

i210 - 5

i200 - 2

blueprint - 1

Spinny for you, fine for 14 of their 29 players.

Even though I have iE1s, iBlades, and a brand new set of i500s...

I repeat... shut up and take my damn money!

Ping G410 LST Fujikura Atmos Black 6X 
Ping TiSi Tec 3 Wood Ping Tour Stiff
Ping i25 19* hybrid Aldila Tour Blue S
Ping 410 Crossover 4 iron
Ping Blueprint Modus 120 S Powerspec 
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 48/52/56/60
Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

I just had a thought about the Blueprint. Would it be ironic for Ping to throw a black screw in the toe ala PXG? That might start some legal poo-throwing...and the ones who don't like the screw will be happy (if they like the PXG look) <s. This actually acknowledges PXG's design since everyone making hollow blades seems to be using weighted screws now, though PXG can theoretically put the weight in closer-to-optimum locations. I hope that PXG has a plan going forward because they're going to get buried in an avalanche of much more reasonably priced competitors, with arguably better stuff.

Might not even need to be much "better". As long as the performance is close (and there are competitors close now) then the price difference alone may be enough to grab market share.

Titleist TSi3 9* - Tensei Blue 60 TX
Titleist TS2 15* - D+ LTD 70X
Titleist TSi2 21* - Tensei White 80X

Srixon Z785 4i, Miura MC-501 5-PW - X100
SM7 50F, 54S, SM8 58M
Spider Tour

I just had a thought about the Blueprint. Would it be ironic for Ping to throw a black screw in the toe ala PXG? That might start some legal poo-throwing...and the ones who don't like the screw will be happy (if they like the PXG look) <s. This actually acknowledges PXG's design since everyone making hollow blades seems to be using weighted screws now, though PXG can theoretically put the weight in closer-to-optimum locations. I hope that PXG has a plan going forward because they're going to get buried in an avalanche of much more reasonably priced competitors, with arguably better stuff.

Ping used a black screw for weighting before PXG was born

http://www.golfwrx.com/117560/ping-rapture-driving-iron-released/

I saw on insta that tony finau is testing them. They really do look so good. much game needed for me to bag those

Taylormade Stealth+ 10.5: Ventus Blue 6X
Titleist TSR2 4-16.5: Ventus Blue 7X
Taylormade Stealth+ 5-20: MRC Tensei CK Pro Blue 80TX
Titleist T200 4: DG AMT X100
Titleist T100 5-PW: DG AMT X100
Titleist SM8 50, 54, 60: DG Tour Issue S400
Odyssey Ai Jailbird Mini DB 34" 

Grips Lamkin Full Cord; logo down 

Hit the 500 and 210 this week and the sound on the 500 didn't seem right but it flew a long way...

Yeah, hollow irons tend to feel like crap, some people can get over it, most better players can't.

That's why it's so funny that people assume Blueprint is a hollow design, it's the purest forged players model that has been developed with Louis freaking Oosthuizen, one of the best ball strikers on tour, like hell he would go into a hollow design iron...

Hit the 500 and 210 this week and the sound on the 500 didn't seem right but it flew a long way...

Yeah, hollow irons tend to feel like crap, some people can get over it, most better players can't.

That's why it's so funny that people assume Blueprint is a hollow design, it's the purest forged players model that has been developed with Louis freaking Oosthuizen, one of the best ball strikers on tour, like hell he would go into a hollow design iron...

They feel like crap AND sound like crap if my angles/path are off, especially with range balls. They are brutal when you come steep into the ball. In a way, it has caused to slow down when on the range and its helped my focus ever since.

But if you can deliver your irons decently well, they feel and sound fine. Its very slightly louder, but the sound is a "flushed" sound. But i have to say it is different.

I agree, the blueprints are impossible to be hollow. or least i refuse to believe it.

TS3 9.5 / TSi2 15 / Z785 / SM7

Well. I like the feel of my i500 with hotmelt and I came from miura small blades last and Vega ( kyoei forging ) before that. So I know a little about good feeling irons.

Large part of me hopes you’re correct. But logically I just don’t buy it. Why a toe screw ? Has to be a cavity for the screw , so why would you drill out a solid forging , to add back weight ? Is the screw tungsten ? How much do these heads weigh ? If they are solid with a tungsten screw in the toe. Then they have to have a weight in the hosel to even out the weight balance. That would have to make an Uber heavy head.

My money is still on at least a partial hollow design . Otherwise something doesn’t add up.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Maybe I missed it in the thread but can you add the hot melt from the factory at Ping? That seems like a gamechanger for feel and my decision as the 210 sounded better. I was surprised when I heard the contact and then saw the distance. Sounded like I shanked a 7 iron and got 6 (or5) iron distance. I can’t fond the Ping custom option page on their site, although alcohol could be a factor.

Maybe I missed it in the thread but can you add the hot melt from the factory at Ping? That seems like a gamechanger for feel and my decision as the 210 sounded better. I was surprised when I heard the contact and then saw the distance. Sounded like I shanked a 7 iron and got 6 (or5) iron distance. I can't fond the Ping custom option page on their site, although alcohol could be a factor.

yes.. my set is hotmelted from ping.. depends on what swingweight is ordered if they get it or not... send them back and request it ...

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

It makes no sense whatsoever to have 3 different sized hollow bodied irons.

Why not? They had 3 cavity back irons. If hollow body irons are the way of the future, then why not?

Small blade with thin sole

Medium blade with medium sole

Large blade with wide sole

And of course the amount of 'forgiveness' will be proportionate with each model. I firmly believe that CB's are dead and HB's are the way of the future. I think in about 4 to 5 years, these HB's will be very well engineered with improved consistency along with better sound and feel.

hollow bodied irons are cb's......the just cover up the cavity, same principal though........for people who want to look like their playing a blade but really aren't, lol.......they all sound like chit, aside from PXG maybe.....hit most of em and sound just like you would expect......

If you want feel and sound you have to have mass behind ball, or fill the void with "goop".........or just play a std cb