Ping Blueprint forged irons- New photos added page 27

Be kinda shocked if these were hollow.........taking weight out and replacing it isn't that big a deal.....a few grams here and there won't alter much, make hostel lol longer to acct for it or just use a screw with same weight you took out......I dk seems stupid to have slightly smaller hollow iron, and guys on tour using em don't play this type a stick normally

It makes no sense whatsoever to have 3 different sized hollow bodied irons.

Why not? They had 3 cavity back irons. If hollow body irons are the way of the future, then why not?

Small blade with thin sole

Medium blade with medium sole

Large blade with wide sole

And of course the amount of 'forgiveness' will be proportionate with each model. I firmly believe that CB's are dead and HB's are the way of the future. I think in about 4 to 5 years, these HB's will be very well engineered with improved consistency along with better sound and feel.

hollow bodied irons are cb's......the just cover up the cavity, same principal though........for people who want to look like their playing a blade but really aren't, lol.......they all sound like chit, aside from PXG maybe.....hit most of em and sound just like you would expect......

If you want feel and sound you have to have mass behind ball, or fill the void with "goop".........or just play a std cb

So maybe Bladehunter needs to change his name to CBhunter? LOL.

$$$$

Why not? They had 3 cavity back irons. If hollow body irons are the way of the future, then why not?

And of course the amount of 'forgiveness' will be proportionate with each model. I firmly believe that CB's are dead and HB's are the way of the future. I think in about 4 to 5 years, these HB's will be very well engineered with improved consistency along with better sound and feel.

hollow bodied irons are cb's......the just cover up the cavity, same principal though........for people who want to look like their playing a blade but really aren't, lol.......they all sound like chit, aside from PXG maybe.....hit most of em and sound just like you would expect......

If you want feel and sound you have to have mass behind ball, or fill the void with "goop".........or just play a std cb

So maybe Bladehunter needs to change his name to CBhunter? LOL. ��

Hollow bodied irons are not the same as cavity back irons. Hollow bodied irons are WAY more forgiving than CB's. There are plenty of CB's that are no more forgiving than MB irons. Hollow bodied irons allow them to put weight on the extreme heel and toe of the club increasing the MOI of the iron.

They are in the infancy stage of hollow bodied irons. They'll continue to get better as time goes on.

Ping G400 LST Ping Tour Stiff 63
Callaway Epic Fash Sub Zero 15 Hzrdus Smoke 6.5
Titleist 818 H1 19 Evenflow Blue 6.5 85
Titleist T100s Black 4-PW Dynamic Gold AMT Tour White
Titleist SM8 52 Dynamic Gold S200
TM High Toe 58 KBS Hi Rev 115 Stiff
TM High Toe 64 KBS Hi Rev 115 Stiff
TM Spider X

Haha. That name refereed to putters when I came here. ( as in “looking for blades “ ...I Had a big collection of 8802 heads. Since then I sold most every putter I had. Believe it or not I had no idea the “ blade vs cb “ debate existed. Or else I’d have picked another name.

I have mostly played a true blade. But lately have dabbled in clubs that play like a bag full of pitching wedges. It’s an interesting feeling. Standing over a 4 iron from 220 out and all you’re thinking “ let’s hit it close enough to have a good look “. Ironically my scoring average hadn’t dropped. So far it’s risen. Lol.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Maybe I missed it in the thread but can you add the hot melt from the factory at Ping? That seems like a gamechanger for feel and my decision as the 210 sounded better. I was surprised when I heard the contact and then saw the distance. Sounded like I shanked a 7 iron and got 6 (or5) iron distance. I can't fond the Ping custom option page on their site, although alcohol could be a factor.

yes.. my set is hotmelted from ping.. depends on what swingweight is ordered if they get it or not... send them back and request it ...

Whats your swingweight and what shaft ?

TS3 9.5 / TSi2 15 / Z785 / SM7

Haha. That name refereed to putters when I came here. ( as in looking for blades ...I Had a big collection of 8802 heads. Since then I sold most every putter I had. Believe it or not I had no idea the blade vs cb debate existed. Or else Id have picked another name.

I have mostly played a true blade. But lately have dabbled in clubs that play like a bag full of pitching wedges. Its an interesting feeling. Standing over a 4 iron from 220 out and all youre thinking lets hit it close enough to have a good look . Ironically my scoring average hadnt dropped. So far its risen. Lol.

What we’re doing with 4 iron before you want it close enough for a good look?

Maybe I missed it in the thread but can you add the hot melt from the factory at Ping? That seems like a gamechanger for feel and my decision as the 210 sounded better. I was surprised when I heard the contact and then saw the distance. Sounded like I shanked a 7 iron and got 6 (or5) iron distance. I can't fond the Ping custom option page on their site, although alcohol could be a factor.

yes.. my set is hotmelted from ping.. depends on what swingweight is ordered if they get it or not... send them back and request it ...

Whats your swingweight and what shaft ?

D5 -D6 as measured Thursday , modus 130x. Tour velvet cord grip.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

BNGL-

Well honestly think more middle of the green from that distance. Maybe which half of the green etc. youre not thinking birdie unless it’s second shot on a par 5. But these guys are so easy to hit that thinking changes.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

nah, he likes em so he doesnt have to do anything, just play em....its all personal preference

BNGL-

Well honestly think more middle of the green from that distance. Maybe which half of the green etc. youre not thinking birdie unless it’s second shot on a par 5. But these guys are so easy to hit that thinking changes.

I guess. I was enlightened to something this morning playing with a member. He asked me whether the end result matched what I had envisioned in my head...when I answered no after hitting 16/18 GIR and shooting 68. He asked what was missing, only 18 hole outs. I guess the point was/is aim small miss small, and a lot of people seemingly forget sometimes that the object of the game is to hole out ASAP.

That was something my college coach told me. I bogeyed a reachable par 4...not my finest moment but coach was furious and asked why I did that (I lost the tournament and team finished second by 1 stroke) I hit a decent tee shot that left a difficult second, that I tried to hole but I simply misplayed it and made a bogey. I explained to him, “coach I was trying to hole it.†Oddly enough, that simple answer soothed him, he just shook his head and said, “it’s amazing how many people forget that is what you’re supposed to do†that was the extent of the talk.

I’m just bored and been trolling lately, took time off for the holidays etc. my bad if it seems like I’m calling you out

BNGL-

I guess. I was enlightened to something this morning playing with a member. He asked me whether the end result matched what I had envisioned in my head...when I answered no after hitting 16/18 GIR and shooting 68. He asked what was missing, only 18 hole outs. I guess the point was/is aim small miss small, and a lot of people seemingly forget sometimes that the object of the game is to hole out ASAP.

That was something my college coach told me. I bogeyed a reachable par 4...not my finest moment but coach was furious and asked why I did that (I lost the tournament and team finished second by 1 stroke) I hit a decent tee shot that left a difficult second, that I tried to hole but I simply misplayed it and made a bogey. I explained to him, “coach I was trying to hole it.†Oddly enough, that simple answer soothed him, he just shook his head and said, “it’s amazing how many people forget that is what you’re supposed to do†that was the extent of the talk.

I’m just bored and been trolling lately, took time off for the holidays etc. my bad if it seems like I’m calling you out

No sir. No issues. I understand completely.

Honestly I think the same with most shots under 190-200. Always have. I read greens if I can from the fairway for wedge shots and project spin and slope into my aim. So I get you.

I guess that was what I meant. These irons have widened my threshold for thinking that way. Which is a good thing. I’m only 4 years into this game. But I’m finding more and more my instincts are correct , but don’t always line up with what is commonly taught. Which causes contradictory thoughts sometimes. But I’m learning to do me and not think of what anyone else does. And scoring finally.

When I said my scoring average had gone up. I should have qualified that and said that includes the 6 weeks of getting used to this set of irons. And major putting woes. So it’s not fair to point to the irons. Last 4 rounds though have been a total average of 73. So trending back down. And no doubt confidence is going up. Putting rounding back out too. Last round was a T- match play event and I shot 69 with 26 putts. So I’m building off that.

Sorry for the ramble. But I agree 100%. But I have to be careful saying things like that. lol. Some folks have a mini cow if you mention that type thought pattern. They don’t understand playing that aggressively.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Bubba just posted a pic of his bag for the Hero and the Blueprint irons are in the bag. It also looks like he switched away from the LST model of the G400 and into either the standard G400 or the G400 MAX.

interesting there's a blueprint 3iron there. under his old setup, he took the s55 3iron out for a more forgiving iblade. I wonder if that implies the blueprint long irons are iblade (or better) forgiveness wise. of course, he might also just be testing these babies out and its too early to read anything into his setup.

I bet the retail name is iblade 2.0.

I hope they stick with the blueprint name, I like it and its different.

Wouldn’t bother me if they did. But have been told by rep and heard from a northeastern rep through a pal up there it’s not likely. That’s blueprint is the development name and they rarely stick. But nobody knows , so maybe so.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

So PING could potentially have an iBlade, which is a players CB, and a Blueprint iron, which is a blade.

Following this trend, PING’s G410 MAX driver will be 180 cc’s and PING will reintroduce the i driver line and the club will be 700 cc’s with a super closed face.

No offense PING, you know I love you.

Former professional golfer. Current amateur human being.

Driver: PXG 0811X Gen 4 7.5 HZRDUS Smoke iM10 Green 60 TX 45.9" D3

Driver 2: Taylormade Burner Mini 11.5 HZRDUS Smoke Green 70 X D5

Fairway: Taylormade Stealth Plus 3 Wood HZRDUS Smoke Green 70X D6

Hybrid: Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus 19.5 Tensei AV White 85 X D6

Irons: Sub70 659 MB 5-GW DG 105 X (Takomo 201's w/ occasional cameos)

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM9 56 S Grind;  Cleveland RTX Full Face 64 DG 120 X E0

Putter: PXG Battle Ready Raptor 38” Wristlock Grip

Bubba just knocked a 3 iron blue print 266 yards on the green. Reed was short with his hybrid

CALLAWAY ROGUE ST MAX TD TC - 10.5 - MMT 60

TAYLORMADE Stealth Plus- 15 / 18 - PX Hzrdus Red

TAYLORMADE Gapr Hi - 22 - KBS Hybrid

TITLEIST '23 T200 - 5-PW - Steelfiber i95

VOKEY SM9 Blk 48/53/58- KBS Hi Rev 2.0 / TM Kia Ma Montecarlo

BNGL-

Honestly I think the same with most shots under 190-200. Always have. I read greens if I can from the fairway for wedge shots and project spin and slope into my aim. So I get you.

I guess that was what I meant. These irons have widened my threshold for thinking that way. Which is a good thing. I’m only 4 years into this game. But I’m finding more and more my instincts are correct , but don’t always line up with what is commonly taught. Which causes contradictory thoughts sometimes. But I’m learning to do me and not think of what anyone else does. And scoring finally.

When I said my scoring average had gone up. I should have qualified that and said that includes the 6 weeks of getting used to this set of irons. And major putting woes. So it’s not fair to point to the irons. Last 4 rounds though have been a total average of 73. So trending back down. And no doubt confidence is going up. Putting rounding back out too. Last round was a T- match play event and I shot 69 with 26 putts. So I’m building off that.

Sorry for the ramble. But I agree 100%. But I have to be careful saying things like that. lol. Some folks have a mini cow if you mention that type thought pattern. They don’t understand playing that aggressively.

Blade you’ve only played 4 years????

BNGL-

Blade you’ve only played 4 years????

Yep. Started at 34. Just before joining here. 2014.

Long story. But I didn’t know a handicap existed until then either. I assumed everyone played around par.

I did hit balls in my field for a summer prior to ever seeing course time in 2014. But I enjoy hitting balls. Had a Pw 7 iron and two 5 iron. One 1/2 longer than the other. Lol. That was for fun . It led to actually playing. Too old to compete at basketball, track or anything else . So this filled the hole.

Now to be fair I’ve always been around the game. But my upbringing led me to believe it was an unreachable game as far as playing it. I worked at a course ( greens staff) from 96-99ish but really didn’t play. I can recall 2 company scrambles around 1997 I “ played “ in with my pw 7 iron and 2 - 5 irons. Lol. And Dunlop 3 wood and 5 wood.

Wish I had learned from a kid. But then again. We can’t what if too much , it will drive you nuts.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Wouldn't bother me if they did. But have been told by rep and heard from a northeastern rep through a pal up there it's not likely. That's blueprint is the development name and they rarely stick. But nobody knows , so maybe so.

does it really matter what they call it? blueprint, 2.0, bladesies, appleblade, Iblade. It matters not.

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

The name matters not. What does matter is how/when I can blend these with the i500's. I'm so in love with the i500's my GF is getting scared.

Paradym 10.5

Epic 3w 15

Callaway Apex UW 21*

Titelist T150

Callaway Jaws 5 50*, 54*

Cleve Zip 60*

Ping PLD3/Rahm Rossie S/TP Mills Fleetwood custom

Wouldn't bother me if they did. But have been told by rep and heard from a northeastern rep through a pal up there it's not likely. That's blueprint is the development name and they rarely stick. But nobody knows , so maybe so.

does it really matter what they call it? blueprint, 2.0, bladesies, appleblade, Iblade. It matters not.

No it’s doesnt really matter.

But since iblade 2.0 has been copywrited I’d guess that’s the name. We haven’t seen any CB protos that could be the iblade. So it’s a good guess.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

No it's doesnt really matter.

But since iblade 2.0 has been copywrited I'd guess that's the name. We haven't seen any CB protos that could be the iblade. So it's a good guess.

Ping trademarked both iblade 2.0 and blueprint, so we cant really assume that it has to be iblade 2.0. Could be either one. There's also the possibility that they are gonna do both, maybe blueprints now and then say an even more aggressive iblade 2.0 in the summer. Unless someone has some inside knowledge, whether the name will be blueprint/iblade2.0 is just a guess.

make some greenprints with your blueprints ... you're welcome PING !

If the blueprints would just feel like the s55's ... I've said it before but I don't love the i500 feel in my six iron

Ping G400 LST 11* Ventus Black TR 5x

Ping G400 5w 16.9* Ventus Black 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x

Ping G425 4h 22* Fuji TourSpec 8.2s

Ping Blueprint S 5 - PW Steelfiber 95 & 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*, Tour W 64* SF 125s

EvnRoll ER9

make some greenprints with your blueprints ... you're welcome PING !

If the blueprints would just feel like the s55's ... I've said it before but I don't love the i500 feel in my six iron

Does your set have hotmelt ? Just curious

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock