Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero - Is this Real Life????

nick.woods76

> @Kmac said:

> > @gioguy21 said:

> > anyone know --- is there a way to get the epic flash SZ driver to be have a flatter lie setting with the standard adapter, other than the Neutral setting? sits very toe up.

> >

> > i know there is a red adapter but, i don't know where to buy one without spending a ton of cash on one.

>

> I dont think so. Does not appear to be any upright or flatter setting unless they dont say so. Been going back and forth with the Flash SZ and F9 myself. Leaning more and more towards the Flash SZ. Its very good.

> @Kmac said:

> > @gioguy21 said:

> > anyone know --- is there a way to get the epic flash SZ driver to be have a flatter lie setting with the standard adapter, other than the Neutral setting? sits very toe up.

> >

> > i know there is a red adapter but, i don't know where to buy one without spending a ton of cash on one.

>

> I dont think so. Does not appear to be any upright or flatter setting unless they dont say so. Been going back and forth with the Flash SZ and F9 myself. Leaning more and more towards the Flash SZ. Its very good.

after playing a round with it and range time...she's deep. really deep. i have a new shaft coming for it this week too to help offset some of the draws too. should be a good setup.

Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 8.75*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Qi10 Tour / 3w / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

My son just got fitted into one. Won his a tournament playing it Saturday. Was outdriving very good players his age, 15, by 40 yards plus all day. Hit all the par 5s in two easily. One of them was 527 yards and he was a good 60 yards past the other two in his group and hit a 8 iron to the green. On another, 547 yards, he hit a driver and 5 iron pin high into a pretty good breeze. What's the difference? Driving distance. That is the Epic Flash SZ he got fitted into. Easily 12-15 more yards and accurate.

• Like 1

> @gioguy21 said:

> > @Kmac said:

> > > @gioguy21 said:

> > > anyone know --- is there a way to get the epic flash SZ driver to be have a flatter lie setting with the standard adapter, other than the Neutral setting? sits very toe up.

> > >

> > > i know there is a red adapter but, i don't know where to buy one without spending a ton of cash on one.

> >

> > I dont think so. Does not appear to be any upright or flatter setting unless they dont say so. Been going back and forth with the Flash SZ and F9 myself. Leaning more and more towards the Flash SZ. Its very good.

>

> > @Kmac said:

> > > @gioguy21 said:

> > > anyone know --- is there a way to get the epic flash SZ driver to be have a flatter lie setting with the standard adapter, other than the Neutral setting? sits very toe up.

> > >

> > > i know there is a red adapter but, i don't know where to buy one without spending a ton of cash on one.

> >

> > I dont think so. Does not appear to be any upright or flatter setting unless they dont say so. Been going back and forth with the Flash SZ and F9 myself. Leaning more and more towards the Flash SZ. Its very good.

>

> after playing a round with it and range time...she's deep. really deep. i have a new shaft coming for it this week too to help offset some of the draws too. should be a good setup.

How's the sound? Going to hot melt? Obviously a lot of Callaway guys playing it at the PGA and I heard 2 different versions of the Flash - One that made me want to rip my ears off and stuff them full of cotton, and another delightfully muted and deep sounding, similar to F9.

Is that just hot melt they added to not make it sound like an aluminum bat or are these Tour only heads engineered a little different? And was it deeper than your F9?

> @Z1ggy16 said:

> > @gioguy21 said:

> > > @Kmac said:

> > > > @gioguy21 said:

> > > > anyone know --- is there a way to get the epic flash SZ driver to be have a flatter lie setting with the standard adapter, other than the Neutral setting? sits very toe up.

> > > >

> > > > i know there is a red adapter but, i don't know where to buy one without spending a ton of cash on one.

> > >

> > > I dont think so. Does not appear to be any upright or flatter setting unless they dont say so. Been going back and forth with the Flash SZ and F9 myself. Leaning more and more towards the Flash SZ. Its very good.

> >

> > > @Kmac said:

> > > > @gioguy21 said:

> > > > anyone know --- is there a way to get the epic flash SZ driver to be have a flatter lie setting with the standard adapter, other than the Neutral setting? sits very toe up.

> > > >

> > > > i know there is a red adapter but, i don't know where to buy one without spending a ton of cash on one.

> > >

> > > I dont think so. Does not appear to be any upright or flatter setting unless they dont say so. Been going back and forth with the Flash SZ and F9 myself. Leaning more and more towards the Flash SZ. Its very good.

> >

> > after playing a round with it and range time...she's deep. really deep. i have a new shaft coming for it this week too to help offset some of the draws too. should be a good setup.

>

> How's the sound? Going to hot melt? Obviously a lot of Callaway guys playing it at the PGA and I heard 2 different versions of the Flash - One that made me want to rip my ears off and stuff them full of cotton, and another delightfully muted and deep sounding, similar to F9.

>

> Is that just hot melt they added to not make it sound like an aluminum bat or are these Tour only heads engineered a little different? And was it deeper than your F9?

i'm trying to determine the amount of tape i want on it -- to determine the weight -- then get some hot melted added whenever i can. it's loud when there's no acoustic help; but it does sound a bit better when hit out the middle lol

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

> @gioguy21 said:

> > @Z1ggy16 said:

> > > @gioguy21 said:

> > > > @Kmac said:

> > > > > @gioguy21 said:

> > > > > anyone know --- is there a way to get the epic flash SZ driver to be have a flatter lie setting with the standard adapter, other than the Neutral setting? sits very toe up.

> > > > >

> > > > > i know there is a red adapter but, i don't know where to buy one without spending a ton of cash on one.

> > > >

> > > > I dont think so. Does not appear to be any upright or flatter setting unless they dont say so. Been going back and forth with the Flash SZ and F9 myself. Leaning more and more towards the Flash SZ. Its very good.

> > >

> > > > @Kmac said:

> > > > > anyone know --- is there a way to get the epic flash SZ driver to be have a flatter lie setting with the standard adapter, other than the Neutral setting? sits very toe up.

> > > > >

> > > > > i know there is a red adapter but, i don't know where to buy one without spending a ton of cash on one.

> > > >

> > > > I dont think so. Does not appear to be any upright or flatter setting unless they dont say so. Been going back and forth with the Flash SZ and F9 myself. Leaning more and more towards the Flash SZ. Its very good.

> > >

> > > after playing a round with it and range time...she's deep. really deep. i have a new shaft coming for it this week too to help offset some of the draws too. should be a good setup.

> >

> > How's the sound? Going to hot melt? Obviously a lot of Callaway guys playing it at the PGA and I heard 2 different versions of the Flash - One that made me want to rip my ears off and stuff them full of cotton, and another delightfully muted and deep sounding, similar to F9.

> >

> > Is that just hot melt they added to not make it sound like an aluminum bat or are these Tour only heads engineered a little different? And was it deeper than your F9?

>

> i'm trying to determine the amount of tape i want on it -- to determine the weight -- then get some hot melted added whenever i can. it's loud when there's no acoustic help; but it does sound a bit better when hit out the middle lol

My old M2 was light so I added tape to it, COMPLETELY changed the sound and feel. I have an OG Sub zero head now so I'm on board the Callaway train, too.

> @Z1ggy16 said:

> > @gioguy21 said:

> > > @Z1ggy16 said:

> > > > @gioguy21 said:

> > > > > @Kmac said:

> > > > > > @gioguy21 said:

> > > > > > anyone know --- is there a way to get the epic flash SZ driver to be have a flatter lie setting with the standard adapter, other than the Neutral setting? sits very toe up.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > i know there is a red adapter but, i don't know where to buy one without spending a ton of cash on one.

> > > > >

> > > > > I dont think so. Does not appear to be any upright or flatter setting unless they dont say so. Been going back and forth with the Flash SZ and F9 myself. Leaning more and more towards the Flash SZ. Its very good.

> > > >

> > > > > @Kmac said:

> > > > > > anyone know --- is there a way to get the epic flash SZ driver to be have a flatter lie setting with the standard adapter, other than the Neutral setting? sits very toe up.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > i know there is a red adapter but, i don't know where to buy one without spending a ton of cash on one.

> > > > >

> > > > > I dont think so. Does not appear to be any upright or flatter setting unless they dont say so. Been going back and forth with the Flash SZ and F9 myself. Leaning more and more towards the Flash SZ. Its very good.

> > > >

> > > > after playing a round with it and range time...she's deep. really deep. i have a new shaft coming for it this week too to help offset some of the draws too. should be a good setup.

> > >

> > > How's the sound? Going to hot melt? Obviously a lot of Callaway guys playing it at the PGA and I heard 2 different versions of the Flash - One that made me want to rip my ears off and stuff them full of cotton, and another delightfully muted and deep sounding, similar to F9.

> > >

> > > Is that just hot melt they added to not make it sound like an aluminum bat or are these Tour only heads engineered a little different? And was it deeper than your F9?

> >

> > i'm trying to determine the amount of tape i want on it -- to determine the weight -- then get some hot melted added whenever i can. it's loud when there's no acoustic help; but it does sound a bit better when hit out the middle lol

>

> My old M2 was light so I added tape to it, COMPLETELY changed the sound and feel. I have an OG Sub zero head now so I'm on board the Callaway train, too.

i cropped mine to play at 45" so, it has some tape on it right now to get the head up to roughly 206g including adapter.

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

> @gioguy21 said:

> > @Z1ggy16 said:

> > > @gioguy21 said:

> > > > @Z1ggy16 said:

> > > > > > @Kmac said:

> > > > > > > @gioguy21 said:

> > > > > > > anyone know --- is there a way to get the epic flash SZ driver to be have a flatter lie setting with the standard adapter, other than the Neutral setting? sits very toe up.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > i know there is a red adapter but, i don't know where to buy one without spending a ton of cash on one.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I dont think so. Does not appear to be any upright or flatter setting unless they dont say so. Been going back and forth with the Flash SZ and F9 myself. Leaning more and more towards the Flash SZ. Its very good.

> > > > >

> > > > > > @Kmac said:

> > > > > > > @gioguy21 said:

> > > > > > > anyone know --- is there a way to get the epic flash SZ driver to be have a flatter lie setting with the standard adapter, other than the Neutral setting? sits very toe up.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > i know there is a red adapter but, i don't know where to buy one without spending a ton of cash on one.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I dont think so. Does not appear to be any upright or flatter setting unless they dont say so. Been going back and forth with the Flash SZ and F9 myself. Leaning more and more towards the Flash SZ. Its very good.

> > > > >

> > > > > after playing a round with it and range time...she's deep. really deep. i have a new shaft coming for it this week too to help offset some of the draws too. should be a good setup.

> > > >

> > > > How's the sound? Going to hot melt? Obviously a lot of Callaway guys playing it at the PGA and I heard 2 different versions of the Flash - One that made me want to rip my ears off and stuff them full of cotton, and another delightfully muted and deep sounding, similar to F9.

> > > >

> > > > Is that just hot melt they added to not make it sound like an aluminum bat or are these Tour only heads engineered a little different? And was it deeper than your F9?

> > >

> > > i'm trying to determine the amount of tape i want on it -- to determine the weight -- then get some hot melted added whenever i can. it's loud when there's no acoustic help; but it does sound a bit better when hit out the middle lol

> >

> > My old M2 was light so I added tape to it, COMPLETELY changed the sound and feel. I have an OG Sub zero head now so I'm on board the Callaway train, too.

>

> i cropped mine to play at 45" so, it has some tape on it right now to get the head up to roughly 206g including adapter.

How much does Cally adapter weigh? Seems larger than a Cobra or Taylormade.

> @Z1ggy16 said:

> > @gioguy21 said:

> > > @Z1ggy16 said:

> > > > @gioguy21 said:

> > > > > @Z1ggy16 said:

> > > > > > > @Kmac said:

> > > > > > > > @gioguy21 said:

> > > > > > > > anyone know --- is there a way to get the epic flash SZ driver to be have a flatter lie setting with the standard adapter, other than the Neutral setting? sits very toe up.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > i know there is a red adapter but, i don't know where to buy one without spending a ton of cash on one.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I dont think so. Does not appear to be any upright or flatter setting unless they dont say so. Been going back and forth with the Flash SZ and F9 myself. Leaning more and more towards the Flash SZ. Its very good.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > @Kmac said:

> > > > > > > > @gioguy21 said:

> > > > > > > > anyone know --- is there a way to get the epic flash SZ driver to be have a flatter lie setting with the standard adapter, other than the Neutral setting? sits very toe up.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > i know there is a red adapter but, i don't know where to buy one without spending a ton of cash on one.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I dont think so. Does not appear to be any upright or flatter setting unless they dont say so. Been going back and forth with the Flash SZ and F9 myself. Leaning more and more towards the Flash SZ. Its very good.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > after playing a round with it and range time...she's deep. really deep. i have a new shaft coming for it this week too to help offset some of the draws too. should be a good setup.

> > > > >

> > > > > How's the sound? Going to hot melt? Obviously a lot of Callaway guys playing it at the PGA and I heard 2 different versions of the Flash - One that made me want to rip my ears off and stuff them full of cotton, and another delightfully muted and deep sounding, similar to F9.

> > > > >

> > > > > Is that just hot melt they added to not make it sound like an aluminum bat or are these Tour only heads engineered a little different? And was it deeper than your F9?

> > > >

> > > > i'm trying to determine the amount of tape i want on it -- to determine the weight -- then get some hot melted added whenever i can. it's loud when there's no acoustic help; but it does sound a bit better when hit out the middle lol

> > >

> > > My old M2 was light so I added tape to it, COMPLETELY changed the sound and feel. I have an OG Sub zero head now so I'm on board the Callaway train, too.

> >

> > i cropped mine to play at 45" so, it has some tape on it right now to get the head up to roughly 206g including adapter.

>

> How much does Cally adapter weigh? Seems larger than a Cobra or Taylormade.

i believe 6g

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

Got to jump in this Epic Flash Sub Zero discussion...

So I've been gaming the regular Epic 10.5 (turned to 9.5) for 2 years now. I'm swinging quite a bit different than I was when I fitted for that club. What I've noticed lately is that I'm hitting high floating shots with a fade that are just floating in the air. I have a light weight (55g shaft) reg flex shaft that is cut down to play at 44.5". The cutting down the driver has not necessarily helped me hit the ball in the middle any more and it's added spin to an already high spin setup (I'm struggling to get it under 3,000+ on a launch monitor).

I borrowed my clubs Epic Flash Sub Zero with one of the stock stiff shafts in it and a bit heavier.. and I'm seeing a HUGE DIFFERENCE. Ball flight is penetrating more and carrying further plus with rollout. I'm hoping to go through a fitting process with this club ASAP at my club so I can hit it outside with TrackMan. Now, would I see the same gains if I went to the the Epic Sub Zero with a heavier shaft? Probably. I don't know if the Epic Flash Sub Zero head is much different than the Epic Sub Zero but I'm definitely a fan of the Epic Flash Sub Zero head! That head with back to a standard length plus added weight and flex has definitely gotten my spin down and made a world of difference!

Callaway Epic Speed 9° Driver
Callaway Epic Speed 4W - Smoke IM10

Callaway Apex UW (21°)

Mizuno Pro 225 (4i); 223 (5-9i); 221 (PW)
Jaws MD 5 50°, Full Toe 54°, 58° PM Grind
Toulon Odyssey Chicago

> @Kmac said:

> I think the Flash SZ is way more forgiving than the Epic SZ was, IMO at least.

> Does anyone have any thoughts on the Flash SZ 5w? I know everyone loves the 3w so the 5w must be great too? I think I'm done with the "old" F7 5w haha

depends what you are using it for -- i went with the SZ in the 3w, and the std head in the 5w. i wanted the 5w to come in softer with a higher trajectory and a bit more spin -- the 3w i made as a driver alternate for tee shots mostly.

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

> @gioguy21 said:

> anyone know --- is there a way to get the epic flash SZ driver to be have a flatter lie setting with the standard adapter, other than the Neutral setting? sits very toe up.

>

> i know there is a red adapter but, i don't know where to buy one without spending a ton of cash on one.

Can you take a regular adapter, set it to draw, flip the shaft 180 degrees, then insert in the head?

> @HuskyFan said:

> > @gioguy21 said:

> >

>

> Can you take a regular adapter, set it to draw, flip the shaft 180 degrees, then insert in the head?

>

Me right now after reading your post:

![](https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/mobile/000/021/464/14608107_1180665285312703_1558693314_n.jpg "")

• Like 1

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / SPDR EXTC + GPS

> @third-times-a-charm said:

> > @HuskyFan said:

> > > @gioguy21 said:

> > >

> >

> > Can you take a regular adapter, set it to draw, flip the shaft 180 degrees, then insert in the head?

> >

>

> Me right now after reading your post:

>

> ![](https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/mobile/000/021/464/14608107_1180665285312703_1558693314_n.jpg "")

>

Won’t work with the zero cog adapters like TM where flipping the upright setting 180 degrees just puts you back in neutral, but I’m not sure if that’s the same with Callaway’s dual cog adapters.

I posted in this thread on Mar 30. I have about 20 or so rounds since then with this driver and it is easily the best driver I've ever hit.

While my Fusion was probably slightly more forgiving the EFSZ is right there with it. With the lower spin rate ~(2100 vs ~2700 with the Fusion) I am getting a consistent extra 10 yards plus more roll out.

I had 1 poor driving day with the pull hooks (my fault of course) and the rest of them have been from good to exceptional.

I should add that this driver, for me, was very different with different shafts. With the Hzrdus Black from my Fusion it wasn't very good. Then again, my Fusion, with the Hzrdus Yellow that I have in the EFSZ, wasn't very good either. Go figure.

In fact, I had very little success with all the current shaft offerings (Hzrdus Green & Black Smoke, Tensei AV Blue, etc.) and had my best sessions with the EFSZ with last year's shafts for the Cally Rogue; the Aldila Rogue 110 MSI I/O, the Diamana D+ and the Hzrdus Yellow.

Settled on the Yellow of course. Terrific decision.

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

I just picked up a Rogue off of the BST after being less than impressed with my TS3 the past several months. I grabbed a Rogue 3w off of CPO with a Tour AD-TP for like 225 bucks a couple months back and it's as long as my TS3 driver and obviously much more consistent. If the Rogue driver plays as well, I'm planning to shell out the dough and get fit for the Epic Flash driver. I've also considered taking driver out of the bag completely and just gaming an Epic Flash SZ 13.5 3+. The improvements they've made since I first hit the Epic are pretty crazy.

Also, Callaways cog adapter is so much better than the Titleist one. I like playing an NDMC grip but the Surefit adapter is basically useless because I refuse to flip the shaft around and have a misaligned grip to make a loft/lie change. So much happier being able to have the flexibility of making a change without my OCD going ballistic.

• Like 1

the rogue driver for me was spinnier. I have the 3w and 5w version to hit off the deck which I'm really pleased with.

the epic flash sub zero is pretty darn good. the mishits on this thing is incredible.

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s
Callaway Apex Pro 4H ADDI 85s
Titleist T200 5i, T100 6-PW Accra i100
Titleist 50F-54S-58M Accra i105

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

> @FlyingLaw1 said:

> I demoed the Flash SZ yesterday before league. 10.5 degree with a Tensi something something shaft. Completely wrong set up for me.... I was ballooning them straight up into the wind with about 215 carry haha.

I had the same experience with that shaft in the fairway wood. Try the HZRDUS Smoke....it will completely change the club.

FWIW, I swing about 105-110 mph with the driver.

> @FlyingLaw1 said:

> I demoed the Flash SZ yesterday before league. 10.5 degree with a Tensi something something shaft. Completely wrong set up for me.... I was ballooning them straight up into the wind with about 215 carry haha.

> @FlyingLaw1 said:

lol as suggested, try the smoke...i haven't had a balloon ball as of yet with my 9*/smoke setup.

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

> @"Big A HG" said:

> > @FlyingLaw1 said:

> > I demoed the Flash SZ yesterday before league. 10.5 degree with a Tensi something something shaft. Completely wrong set up for me.... I was ballooning them straight up into the wind with about 215 carry haha.

>

> I had the same experience with that shaft in the fairway wood. Try the HZRDUS Smoke....it will completely change the club.

>

> FWIW, I swing about 105-110 mph with the driver.

I'm going to try again when I have more time. I really need the 9* head but someone else was using it and I didn't have the time to wait for it. I'll try the Smoke! I'll also put my Atmos from my Epic in it and see how it runs. We are pretty similar in the SS department. I'm about 108-111. If I really step on it I can get up to 113+ but I don't go that hard very often.

> @FlyingLaw1 said:

> > @"Big A HG" said:

> > > @FlyingLaw1 said:

> > > I demoed the Flash SZ yesterday before league. 10.5 degree with a Tensi something something shaft. Completely wrong set up for me.... I was ballooning them straight up into the wind with about 215 carry haha.

> >

> > I had the same experience with that shaft in the fairway wood. Try the HZRDUS Smoke....it will completely change the club.

> >

> > FWIW, I swing about 105-110 mph with the driver.

>

> I'm going to try again when I have more time. I really need the 9* head but someone else was using it and I didn't have the time to wait for it. I'll try the Smoke! I'll also put my Atmos from my Epic in it and see how it runs. We are pretty similar in the SS department. I'm about 108-111. If I really step on it I can get up to 113+ but I don't go that hard very often.

I didn't like the smoke 6.0 in the EFSZ I tried even though I have a smoke 6.0 in my M5. It's weird but I feel like the smoke shafts have been all over the place depending on the head as far as feel and performance. They put me in a yellow 6.5 in EFSZ which felt amazing but I'm not about to through my back out swinging that hard especially on course. The Tensie orange and evenflow didn't feel very good to me as well, but I love the EFSZ head.

> @Pittknife said:

> > @FlyingLaw1 said:

> > > @"Big A HG" said:

> > > > @FlyingLaw1 said:

> > > > I demoed the Flash SZ yesterday before league. 10.5 degree with a Tensi something something shaft. Completely wrong set up for me.... I was ballooning them straight up into the wind with about 215 carry haha.

> > >

> > > I had the same experience with that shaft in the fairway wood. Try the HZRDUS Smoke....it will completely change the club.

> > >

> > > FWIW, I swing about 105-110 mph with the driver.

> >

> > I'm going to try again when I have more time. I really need the 9* head but someone else was using it and I didn't have the time to wait for it. I'll try the Smoke! I'll also put my Atmos from my Epic in it and see how it runs. We are pretty similar in the SS department. I'm about 108-111. If I really step on it I can get up to 113+ but I don't go that hard very often.

>

> I didn't like the smoke 6.0 in the EFSZ I tried even though I have a smoke 6.0 in my M5. It's weird but I feel like the smoke shafts have been all over the place depending on the head as far as feel and performance. They put me in a yellow 6.5 in EFSZ which felt amazing but I'm not about to through my back out swinging that hard especially on course. The Tensie orange and evenflow didn't feel very good to me as well, but I love the EFSZ head.

To be fair, I didn't try the smoke in the driver, only in the fairway wood. I have the HZRDUS Yellow in my Rogue SZ driver and have enjoyed that combo. I'm not sure how different the Smoke is from the Yellow.

> @Pittknife said:

> > @FlyingLaw1 said:

> > > @"Big A HG" said:

> > > > @FlyingLaw1 said:

> > > > I demoed the Flash SZ yesterday before league. 10.5 degree with a Tensi something something shaft. Completely wrong set up for me.... I was ballooning them straight up into the wind with about 215 carry haha.

> > >

> > > I had the same experience with that shaft in the fairway wood. Try the HZRDUS Smoke....it will completely change the club.

> > >

> > > FWIW, I swing about 105-110 mph with the driver.

> >

> > I'm going to try again when I have more time. I really need the 9* head but someone else was using it and I didn't have the time to wait for it. I'll try the Smoke! I'll also put my Atmos from my Epic in it and see how it runs. We are pretty similar in the SS department. I'm about 108-111. If I really step on it I can get up to 113+ but I don't go that hard very often.

>

> I didn't like the smoke 6.0 in the EFSZ I tried even though I have a smoke 6.0 in my M5. It's weird but I feel like the smoke shafts have been all over the place depending on the head as far as feel and performance. They put me in a yellow 6.5 in EFSZ which felt amazing but I'm not about to through my back out swinging that hard especially on course. The Tensie orange and evenflow didn't feel very good to me as well, but I love the EFSZ head.

You're a very knowledgeable fellow. And in my post a few posts up described my experience with the Hzrdus black and yellow in 2 different heads.

Isn't it possible we're coming to a point where it's (almost ?) totally the shaft and head COMBO and not a single head or shaft that "works" for us ?

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

> @nsxguy said:

> > @Pittknife said:

> > > @FlyingLaw1 said:

> > > > @"Big A HG" said:

> > > > > @FlyingLaw1 said:

> > > > > I demoed the Flash SZ yesterday before league. 10.5 degree with a Tensi something something shaft. Completely wrong set up for me.... I was ballooning them straight up into the wind with about 215 carry haha.

> > > >

> > > > I had the same experience with that shaft in the fairway wood. Try the HZRDUS Smoke....it will completely change the club.

> > > >

> > > > FWIW, I swing about 105-110 mph with the driver.

> > >

> > > I'm going to try again when I have more time. I really need the 9* head but someone else was using it and I didn't have the time to wait for it. I'll try the Smoke! I'll also put my Atmos from my Epic in it and see how it runs. We are pretty similar in the SS department. I'm about 108-111. If I really step on it I can get up to 113+ but I don't go that hard very often.

> >

> > I didn't like the smoke 6.0 in the EFSZ I tried even though I have a smoke 6.0 in my M5. It's weird but I feel like the smoke shafts have been all over the place depending on the head as far as feel and performance. They put me in a yellow 6.5 in EFSZ which felt amazing but I'm not about to through my back out swinging that hard especially on course. The Tensie orange and evenflow didn't feel very good to me as well, but I love the EFSZ head.

>

> You're a very knowledgeable fellow. And in my post a few posts up described my experience with the Hzrdus black and yellow in 2 different heads.

>

> Isn't it possible we're coming to a point where it's (almost ?) totally the shaft and head COMBO and not a single head or shaft that "works" for us ?

Back when I was in the industry we always designed the heads first, then came the shaft. To be honest, I was always surprised it ended up working. I think the company specific branded shafts can vary quite a bit in feel because of the heads, not to mention the hosels themselves. I've just noticed that shafts aren't as travel able as they use to be. I think now more than ever you have to dial in both and that one shaft may not work as well in all heads.

I hit the Tensei CK orange fantastic in the M5 but it doesn't work for me in the G410, it even feels different. I'm starting to think it's more of find a head you like (as they all are very close now in performance) and fit a shaft, don't just think one shaft is the same with all the manufacturers.

Another example, I was at the range and my buddy had a cobra with a oban kiyoshi white shaft, I'm generally not an oban guy. Well, I couldn't of hit a better feeling shaft and hit is any better or consistent. I bought one for my M5 and guess what? It felt completely different and I just couldn't consistently square up the face. You just got to be willing to try a lot and multiple times before you buy now, especially at these prices.

• Like 1

i'll let you know what the fuji pro 2.0 TS does when paired with this head in a day or so -- hold tight.

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”