2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

2019 Masters Tournament hosted by ANGC (merged)

gatorpedsMD

90%. Another 67, what I rate his game on Saturday, might be good. He makes a couple more putts inside 15' and gets up to 95%, he'll be tough to beat.

TM 2016 M2 12*(-2 setting) - OG Grafalloy Blue X, 43.5"

TEE XCG7 16.5* 4w, OG Grafalloy Blue S, 41.75"

Wilson D9 18* 4i, KBS Max-R, 39.5”

Cobra King OS 4-G, TT XP95 R300, -.5
Mack Daddy CB 56.14(2* weak)  60.12(3*  weak)

Edel Brick

Assuming Jack is 'absolutely sure' his record of 18 is safe, how many folks here think Jack is secretly rooting against Tiger tomorrow???? Or, do you think he may possibly welcome it, genuinely excited at the site of him getting to 15, given all that he's been through?

I don't think I could honestly say that either sentiment is more likely than the other, but I know in future interviews the more supportive one is guaranteed to reveal itself, genuine or not....

TM 2016 M2 12*(-2 setting) - OG Grafalloy Blue X, 43.5"

TEE XCG7 16.5* 4w, OG Grafalloy Blue S, 41.75"

Wilson D9 18* 4i, KBS Max-R, 39.5”

Cobra King OS 4-G, TT XP95 R300, -.5
Mack Daddy CB 56.14(2* weak)  60.12(3*  weak)

Edel Brick

It'll come down to the putter for Tiger. He didn't have too many short makable putts today, missed on 8, made on 13, made on 16. If he can have a day with less than 30 putts then he'll have a very good chance.

Really needs to birdie 2, and likely 3 to apply the pressure. Molinari is playing too well to shoot anything less than 70, and it's hilarious how there's hardly any mention of the guy who has won 3 out of the last 6 majors on this thread.

> @"DK<80" said:

> Yes. But what percentage Tiger does Tiger need to be?

Probably pretty high up there. Brook and Molinari both have dealt with Tiger and the Tiger effect in a major recently, probably the two worst guys for him to be competing against. Brooks has the chip on his shoulder and doesnt care attitude, Moli is unflappable and just keeps going. If it were pretty much any other pair Id think there is some wiggle room for Tiger, not with those two.

I would really like someone from the 4 or 5 behind group to win it...love many of the players there. Any of them shoot a 64 or 65 they could do it. First 4 not my cup of tea really. Koepka and Molinari are dull and I can't imagine kids storming the ropes for a signature. Cannot stand Tiger Woods and his mere presence at the Masters have spoilt it a bit for me. I hope they can find a blonde prositute in Georgia, and have her knocking on his door before tee off Sunday.

I cant say much about Finau, but his round yesterday and his somewhat exotic look, he's ok and if nobody else moves will get my vote. So here's to hoping Augusta delivers a spectacular round from behind, in particular from a South African or sadly, an Englishman (Poulter). Too many Yanks on that leaderboard. If all else fails give it to Italy.

> @"A.Princey" said:

> Assuming Jack is 'absolutely sure' his record of 18 is safe, how many folks here think Jack is secretly rooting against Tiger tomorrow???? Or, do you think he may possibly welcome it, genuinely excited at the site of him getting to 15, given all that he's been through?

>

> I don't think I could honestly say that either sentiment is more likely than the other, but I know in future interviews the more supportive one is guaranteed to reveal itself, genuine or not....

May I ask where the inference about Jack being "absolutely sure" came from? Ive seen interviews in the past within the last few years where Jack is very supportive of Tiger passing him and believes it can still happen.

I would suggest the opposite sentiment. Jack is publicly supporting Tiger but deep down he probably wants to hold on to that record!

• Like 1

Cobra LTDx LS (10.5°)

Titleist TS2 (15°)

TaylorMade r9 (19°)

Cleveland 588 MB (4-PW)

Titleist Vokey SM8 (52° & 58°)

Odyssey Black #2m CS

Despite lengthening the course again the scoring is very low. On a positive it is great to see so many top players in contention but the course is not scaring the younger players as much as it did say 20 years ago. Other major venue tracks are way tougher than Augusta despite the best efforts of the commentators saying it is super tough. As for a winner I cannot see past Francesco. He is a class act.

Too many loose shots from Tiger as compared to Francesco over the last few days. With the wind up, Frankie stands a better chance than TW. A Tiger win would be exhilarating, but he's never come from behind (little known fact, like the size of Casey's forearms) and unlikely to do it today. I really like Molinari. Simple repeatable swing, made himself into a great putter, and unflappable at the Open and Ryder Cup. If he doesn't have a mental breakdown, going to be tough to catch. If TW can't pull it off, I'd like to see Moli take it. Class act.

That said, all the stats at this point are meaningless. How a guy feels mentally and physically when he wakes up Sunday morning is just as likely to determine performance, and that's impossible to quantify/predict. What if Tiger wakes up with a stiff neck or back? Or Moli wakes up afraid? Or Brooks wakes up feeling unbeatable? Just as likely Webb or Finau or Ian James Poulter wins this thing as Frankie or Tiger. Whoever wins, should be an awesome day of golf! Can't wait.

My cleek is sometimes peevish.

> @elwhippy said:

> Despite lengthening the course again the scoring is very low. On a positive it is great to see so many top players in contention but the course is not scaring the younger players as much as it did say 20 years ago. Other major venue tracks are way tougher than Augusta despite the best efforts of the commentators saying it is super tough. As for a winner I cannot see past Francesco. He is a class act.

The soft conditions has helped with the low scoring.

Approach shots pretty much stop where they land.

> @pmadden86 said:

> > @iBanesto said:

> > Jeff Knox.

> >

> > Not bad to shoot 74.

> >

> >

>

> Poor old Jeff won't get to play today because of the schedule change - always interesting to see what he shoots.

Comfortably the least interesting thing about the entire tournament.

[size=2]Titleist 910D3 8.5°
TaylorMade M3 15°
Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
Callaway Mack Daddy 4 Chrome 54° S Grind & 58° C Grind
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2
Titleist Pro V 1x[/size]

Going to be a great day at Augusta. Probability that TW wins? Idk. But really enjoy seeing him in contention and hearing that roar from the fans. I appreciate the fact that the course is playing easier this week than it otherwise would with dry conditions....but all the players can do is play what’s in front of them. Love the Masters!!!

I’m going to predict tiger gets very cautious and lays way back off the tee, he will finish with a even par round. I’m a big tiger fan but his nerves are shot I think when it comes to staying aggressive. Hope I’m wrong but don’t think I am. Hope tony wins over frankincense.

Titleist TS3, 9.5, Ventus Blue 6x
Titleist TS2, 15, AD DI 8
Callaway xforged utility 18, AD DI 105
Taylormade p770 4-pw, Project X 
Titleist Vokey 50,54,58 Project X 
Scotty Cameron Studio Style GSS Newport 2

> @"The winner" said:

> I would really like someone from the 4 or 5 behind group to win it...love many of the players there. Any of them shoot a 64 or 65 they could do it. First 4 not my cup of tea really. Koepka and Molinari are dull and I can't imagine kids storming the ropes for a signature. Cannot stand Tiger Woods and his mere presence at the Masters have spoilt it a bit for me. I hope they can find a blonde prositute in Georgia, and have her knocking on his door before tee off Sunday.

> I cant say much about Finau, but his round yesterday and his somewhat exotic look, he's ok and if nobody else moves will get my vote. So here's to hoping Augusta delivers a spectacular round from behind, in particular from a South African or sadly, an Englishman (Poulter). Too many Yanks on that leaderboard. If all else fails give it to Italy.

>

Sip on the hateraide. Going to need a step ladder to climb down off that high horse in a few hours.

Loads of stereotype mention there. Wtf ?

• Like 1

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

What’s Tiger’s pre-round prep? Works out for an hour, runs 3 miles, plays call of Duty for 45 minutes, activates glutes, gets his feels, back massage, irons his mock turtleneck, and drinks a Monster?

• Like 1

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 51*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

> @"The winner" said:

> I would really like someone from the 4 or 5 behind group to win it...love many of the players there. Any of them shoot a 64 or 65 they could do it. First 4 not my cup of tea really. Koepka and Molinari are dull and I can't imagine kids storming the ropes for a signature. Cannot stand Tiger Woods and his mere presence at the Masters have spoilt it a bit for me. I hope they can find a blonde prositute in Georgia, and have her knocking on his door before tee off Sunday.

> I cant say much about Finau, but his round yesterday and his somewhat exotic look, he's ok and if nobody else moves will get my vote. So here's to hoping Augusta delivers a spectacular round from behind, in particular from a South African or sadly, an Englishman (Poulter). Too many Yanks on that leaderboard. If all else fails give it to Italy.

>

One of the dumbest posts I've heard this year. And that's saying something.

• Like 2

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

> @"Holy Moses" said:

> What’s Tiger’s pre-round prep? Works out for an hour, runs 3 miles, plays call of Duty for 45 minutes, activates glutes, gets his feels, back massage, irons his mock turtleneck, and drinks a Monster?

I'm sure there are also some bed-based shenanigans as well... or at least there used to be. Is his GF here this week?

> @"The winner" said:

>

> @"The winner" said:

>

Someone spit in your coffee? This will be one of the greatest Masters ending in my 56 years of life. This is unreal how many can win. I don’t see a problem with anyone within 6 strokes winning. I will say this. Whoever dons the jacket will have won. There will not be any gifts this morning. Frankie could shoot 69 and still lose. It’s that tough. As for Tiger, lets hope he can use some wisdom

from Jack, Sunday start with 2 strokes off the lead. Tiger may not win but he WILL charge. No safe play after the first few holes.