Srixon Z Star

gpleonard

This weekend I got to finally play the 2019 Z-Star and could not be happier. Last year I tried just about every ball. There are lots of great balls out there but the Z-Star combines everything for me. Flies high, it’s long, and spins a lot around the greens. And best of all, I found it soft with the irons and not too soft with my driver and woods. I’ll be playing it moving forward. I’m glad I bought 11 of the performance packs when the ball was released.

Driver - Callaway Rogue
3w - Callaway Rogue
5w - Callaway Rogue
Irons (GW - 4i) - Callaway Rogue
Putter - Scotty Cameron Newport
Wedges Callaway Mack Daddy 4 - 54 and 60 degrees

> @kingofkings said:

> I had huge stock of 2011 version, which I've almost run out of, so just picked up this years. I prefer the yellow ones, and it's interesting they've changed the colour of the yellows, see pic... L-2011, R-2019.. ! zlpb0mmemnn1.jpg

>

>

I loved the older yellow. Wondering if I should go back to white.

PING G400 Max 10.5° (+)
PING G430 fairway 18° (F-), Alta CB S
PING G430 hybrid 22° (F-), Alta CB S
PING i530 5-U, DG Mid 115 S300
PING s159 54°-W (bent 52°), 58°-B, DG Mid 115 S300
PING Serene B60
Maxfli Tour Yellow

Also, it looks like there is no limit if you buy from Dick's or GG. At least it allows me to put them in the cart.

PING G400 Max 10.5° (+)
PING Serene B60
Maxfli Tour Yellow

> @"Jason m" said:

> I prefer yellow as well, the new z stars are less shiny if thats a saying, but i find them easier or as easy to find. I also hit a tree and a cart path with only a minimal scuff. Ido not have sharp wedges,i use my sw and pw from my big bertha os set. I am a high handicapper with 7 iron speed of 84

Was looking for yellow XV, do they not make them yet for 19?

LTDx 9* AD-VR6x 

Cleveland Launcher Xl Halo 15*

Rad Speed 19* Hybrid

ZX5 MKII 5-AW

CBX 2 54*

TM Big Foot 58*

Odyssey Versa 3 T

Chrome Soft X-LS

> @cj4501 said:

> > @"Jason m" said:

> > I prefer yellow as well, the new z stars are less shiny if thats a saying, but i find them easier or as easy to find. I also hit a tree and a cart path with only a minimal scuff. Ido not have sharp wedges,i use my sw and pw from my big bertha os set. I am a high handicapper with 7 iron speed of 84

>

> Was looking for yellow XV, do they not make them yet for 19?

There is a yellow XV for 2019. A picture of the 2019 yellow XV is a few posts above this.

I picked up six dozen from Dick's. At $21 and change/dozen delivered, it was a no-brainer.

PING G400 Max 10.5° (+)
PING Serene B60
Maxfli Tour Yellow

I've picked up a total of 10 dozen this week. Thinking about going back today and picking up a couple more as today is the last day of the deal, that should last me until hopefully this time next year....

I played the new XV yesterday, it actually seemed to scuff up a bit more than last years version, hit a couple of full sand wedges/lob wedges, clearly had a mark on them.... I did not expect that.

WITB
Srixon ZX5 LS 9.0, HZRDUS Black 60 6.0
Ping G425 LST 3 wood, Tensei Orange

Titleist TSR2 5 wood C1 setting, Tensei 1K Black 75

Matlby TS3 4-5, Matlby TS4 6-GW, Recoil Dart V 105 F4

RTX Zipcore  Tour Rack 54, 60

Spider Tour S CB 38 inches

Srixon-Z Star XV

> @Mike_C said:

> I've picked up a total of 10 dozen this week. Thinking about going back today and picking up a couple more as today is the last day of the deal, that should last me until hopefully this time next year....

>

> I played the new XV yesterday, it actually seemed to scuff up a bit more than last years version, hit a couple of full sand wedges/lob wedges, clearly had a mark on them.... I did not expect that.

Much difference between 17 and 19? Played my fist round ever with a srixon ball and it happened to be my lowest ever, I know it was the 17 xv

LTDx 9* AD-VR6x 

Rad Speed 19* Hybrid

ZX5 MKII 5-AW

CBX 2 54*

TM Big Foot 58*

Odyssey Versa 3 T

Chrome Soft X-LS

> @grm24 said:

> > @cj4501 said:

> > > @"Jason m" said:

> > > I prefer yellow as well, the new z stars are less shiny if thats a saying, but i find them easier or as easy to find. I also hit a tree and a cart path with only a minimal scuff. Ido not have sharp wedges,i use my sw and pw from my big bertha os set. I am a high handicapper with 7 iron speed of 84

> >

> > Was looking for yellow XV, do they not make them yet for 19?

>

> There is a yellow XV for 2019. A picture of the 2019 yellow XV is a few posts above this.

I must be a idiot I can't find them anywhere online in stock

LTDx 9* AD-VR6x 

Rad Speed 19* Hybrid

ZX5 MKII 5-AW

CBX 2 54*

TM Big Foot 58*

Odyssey Versa 3 T

Chrome Soft X-LS

I play XV yellow and after about 4 holes the "SEAM" fades to white on this ball? Also, noticed golfspy did ball review for Zstar and Zstar yellow, is the yellow XV different than the white ball? I swear it is but cannot find any feedback on this...

PING G430 10K Max 9 degree (digitally lofted) DI VF 6X tipped .5". 44.5" D5 

G430 17 HY DI HY 85 X

TSR2 21 HY DI HY 85 X

4 THRU PW King Tour KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 48 "F" KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 54 "F" S400

VOKEY 60 "V" S400

JAILBIRD CRUISER 38"

HOOFER LITE BLACK CAMO 

2024 TP5X (as of now)

> @cj4501 said:

> > @Mike_C said:

> > I've picked up a total of 10 dozen this week. Thinking about going back today and picking up a couple more as today is the last day of the deal, that should last me until hopefully this time next year....

> >

> > I played the new XV yesterday, it actually seemed to scuff up a bit more than last years version, hit a couple of full sand wedges/lob wedges, clearly had a mark on them.... I did not expect that.

>

> Much difference between 17 and 19? Played my fist round ever with a srixon ball and it happened to be my lowest ever, I know it was the 17 xv

Very, very, very little difference. Of course the manufacturer will tell you they've improved it, all manufacturer's do this, they need to "sell" their new products.

And you'll read reviews where people say the new ball does this better, does that, does more of this, etc... I think 95% of that is the placebo effect. For example, they know the ball is supposed to spin a little more on partial wedge shots so they'll convince themselves they see it. If you tested it you wouldn't find anything of significance (IMO).

I've done ball testing and I can't see or feel the differences and I really don't think anyone outside of a plus handicap or pro who has TONS of experience with a specific ball could see any difference. Maybe a hundred or two spin here or there, something you can't even replicate if you hit 5 balls in a row because none of our swings are consistent enough. Just my 2 cents.

> @cj4501 said:

> > @grm24 said:

> > > @cj4501 said:

> > > > @"Jason m" said:

> > > > I prefer yellow as well, the new z stars are less shiny if thats a saying, but i find them easier or as easy to find. I also hit a tree and a cart path with only a minimal scuff. Ido not have sharp wedges,i use my sw and pw from my big bertha os set. I am a high handicapper with 7 iron speed of 84

> > >

> > > Was looking for yellow XV, do they not make them yet for 19?

> >

> > There is a yellow XV for 2019. A picture of the 2019 yellow XV is a few posts above this.

>

> I must be a idiot I can't find them anywhere online in stock

https://www.golfballs.com/Golf-Balls/Balls/Srixon-Z-Star-XV-Yellow-Golf-Balls-Buy-1-Get-1-free.htm

> @RacineBoxer said:

> > @cj4501 said:

> > > @Mike_C said:

> > > I've picked up a total of 10 dozen this week. Thinking about going back today and picking up a couple more as today is the last day of the deal, that should last me until hopefully this time next year....

> > >

> > > I played the new XV yesterday, it actually seemed to scuff up a bit more than last years version, hit a couple of full sand wedges/lob wedges, clearly had a mark on them.... I did not expect that.

> >

> > Much difference between 17 and 19? Played my fist round ever with a srixon ball and it happened to be my lowest ever, I know it was the 17 xv

>

> Very, very, very little difference. Of course the manufacturer will tell you they've improved it, all manufacturer's do this, they need to "sell" their new products.

>

> And you'll read reviews where people say the new ball does this better, does that, does more of this, etc... I think 95% of that is the placebo effect. For example, they know the ball is supposed to spin a little more on partial wedge shots so they'll convince themselves they see it. If you tested it you wouldn't find anything of significance (IMO).

>

> I've done ball testing and I can't see or feel the differences and I really don't think anyone outside of a plus handicap or pro who has TONS of experience with a specific ball could see any difference. Maybe a hundred or two spin here or there, something you can't even replicate if you hit 5 balls in a row because none of our swings are consistent enough. Just my 2 cents.

>

Hard to tell much difference. Maybe the 19 feels marginally softer vs 17 model, but really really close.

WITB
Srixon ZX5 LS 9.0, HZRDUS Black 60 6.0
Ping G425 LST 3 wood, Tensei Orange

Titleist TSR2 5 wood C1 setting, Tensei 1K Black 75

Matlby TS3 4-5, Matlby TS4 6-GW, Recoil Dart V 105 F4

RTX Zipcore  Tour Rack 54, 60

Spider Tour S CB 38 inches

Srixon-Z Star XV

> @grm24 said:

> > @cj4501 said:

> > > @grm24 said:

> > > > @cj4501 said:

> > > > > @"Jason m" said:

> > > > > I prefer yellow as well, the new z stars are less shiny if thats a saying, but i find them easier or as easy to find. I also hit a tree and a cart path with only a minimal scuff. Ido not have sharp wedges,i use my sw and pw from my big bertha os set. I am a high handicapper with 7 iron speed of 84

> > > >

> > > > Was looking for yellow XV, do they not make them yet for 19?

> > >

> > > There is a yellow XV for 2019. A picture of the 2019 yellow XV is a few posts above this.

> >

> > I must be a idiot I can't find them anywhere online in stock

>

> https://www.golfballs.com/Golf-Balls/Balls/Srixon-Z-Star-XV-Yellow-Golf-Balls-Buy-1-Get-1-free.htm

Thanks ended up just using a coupon and getting white at gg for 38 out the door. Pretty sweet deal

LTDx 9* AD-VR6x 

Rad Speed 19* Hybrid

ZX5 MKII 5-AW

CBX 2 54*

TM Big Foot 58*

Odyssey Versa 3 T

Chrome Soft X-LS

> @kingofkings said:

> I had huge stock of 2011 version, which I've almost run out of, so just picked up this years. I prefer the yellow ones, and it's interesting they've changed the colour of the yellows, see pic... L-2011, R-2019.. ! zlpb0mmemnn1.jpg

>

>

The 2011 had the best yellow on it, it was different from all yellow balls, looked the best..i didnt play it but just the yellow color

> @Mike_C said:

> > @RacineBoxer said:

> > > @cj4501 said:

> > > > @Mike_C said:

> > > > I've picked up a total of 10 dozen this week. Thinking about going back today and picking up a couple more as today is the last day of the deal, that should last me until hopefully this time next year....

> > > >

> > > > I played the new XV yesterday, it actually seemed to scuff up a bit more than last years version, hit a couple of full sand wedges/lob wedges, clearly had a mark on them.... I did not expect that.

> > >

> > > Much difference between 17 and 19? Played my fist round ever with a srixon ball and it happened to be my lowest ever, I know it was the 17 xv

> >

> > Very, very, very little difference. Of course the manufacturer will tell you they've improved it, all manufacturer's do this, they need to "sell" their new products.

> >

> > And you'll read reviews where people say the new ball does this better, does that, does more of this, etc... I think 95% of that is the placebo effect. For example, they know the ball is supposed to spin a little more on partial wedge shots so they'll convince themselves they see it. If you tested it you wouldn't find anything of significance (IMO).

> >

> > I've done ball testing and I can't see or feel the differences and I really don't think anyone outside of a plus handicap or pro who has TONS of experience with a specific ball could see any difference. Maybe a hundred or two spin here or there, something you can't even replicate if you hit 5 balls in a row because none of our swings are consistent enough. Just my 2 cents.

> >

>

> Hard to tell much difference. Maybe the 19 feels marginally softer vs 17 model, but really really close.

I would agree with the '19 feeling a little softer than the previous model... the '17 felt very firm but was a great performer, still. I love the XV. I have some regular Z Stars I am playing till I lose them or kill them but from there on out, it's XV only.

Titleist TSr2 10*  GD UB 6s

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

Srixon ZX7 mkii 4-7, Z-Forged ii 8-P KBS CTL 110

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

I got my six dozen today: five from Japan, one from Indonesia. I don't notice any difference in quality. I will say, Srixon makes a true yellow and I like it.

av1n9tnd4rr0.jpg

• Like 1
PING G400 Max 10.5° (+)
PING Serene B60
Maxfli Tour Yellow

> @mm2983 said:

> If my issue is that I tend to hit the ball high with a lot of spin (particularly off the driver), would the Z-Star or XV suit me better? I'm thinking of making the move from the AVX.

Not 100% positive but I believe XV spins less driver wise

LTDx 9* AD-VR6x 

Rad Speed 19* Hybrid

ZX5 MKII 5-AW

CBX 2 54*

TM Big Foot 58*

Odyssey Versa 3 T

Chrome Soft X-LS