2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

2019 US Open

flushem

> @Lodestone said:

> > @ewe8523 said:

> > Tiger Mob

> >

> check the hat in the foreground. Even Brooks K wanted a picture of El Tigre, I guess.

>

Yeah Brooks had a quite a few hours to kill before his tee time

• Like 1
[size=2]Titleist 910D3 8.5°
TaylorMade M3 15°
Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
Callaway Mack Daddy 4 Chrome 54° S Grind & 58° C Grind
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2
Titleist Pro V 1x[/size]

I woke up after a bad dream thinking it was Monday. Whew that was close. One more day of beautiful Pebble. Think I’ll go run then grab some coffee.

Edit: I forgot to mention after I realized it was Sunday I did a quick check of the leaderboard and noticed both Phil and PR were at +3. So you can imagine the horror suddenly racing through my mind? Surely I reasoned the Golf Angels wouldn’t allow the pairing of PR with our beloved Phil on the final day of this spectacular event? Thankfully we’ve been spared and maybe catch a few holes if they resume live online coverage.

> @Lagavulin62 said:

> I woke up after a bad dream thinking it was Monday. Whew that was close. One more day of beautiful Pebble. Think I’ll go run then grab some coffee.

>

> Edit: I forgot to mention after I realized it was Sunday I did a quick check of the leaderboard and noticed both Phil and PR were at +3. So you can imagine the horror suddenly racing through my mind? Surely I reasoned the Golf Angels wouldn’t allow the pairing of PR with our beloved Phil on the final day of this spectacular event? Thankfully we’ve been spared and maybe catch a few holes if they resume live online coverage.

Charles Howell III

[size=2]Titleist 910D3 8.5°
TaylorMade M3 15°
Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
Callaway Mack Daddy 4 Chrome 54° S Grind & 58° C Grind
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2
Titleist Pro V 1x[/size]

> We just see the game differently I guess. I’ve literally never seen what happened to Woodland in 30 years watching golf.

If you have never seen something similar to what has happened with Gary Woodland then I don't think you've been paying attention that much. This stuff goes on all the time. I believe a person is the author of their own breaks by virtue of their skill level. When a person tells me I am lucky, when I happen to be beating them at a particular game, to me, it just shows their immaturity.

• Like 1

> @PZero said:

> > @NoodleSalad said:

> > How does Stenson airmail his shot into the gallery at 16 and not yell fore? I mean it wasn't even close to landing on the green. What a jerk.

>

> Has to be an honest mistake. You won't find a nicer guy on tour. He'd give you his shirt if you asked him for it.

But what if I don't want his shirt, what if I just want him to yell fore?

> @gvogel said:

> > @straightshot7 said:

> > I could almost fall asleep just looking at that leaderboard.

>

> Obviously a Tiger fan.

>

> If you don't like this leaderboard, go watch Lexi in the LPGA tournament.

I’m a tiger fan and I love the leaderboard.

And I may watch some of Lexi today too.

• Like 1

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @NoodleSalad said:

> > @PZero said:

> > > @NoodleSalad said:

> > > How does Stenson airmail his shot into the gallery at 16 and not yell fore? I mean it wasn't even close to landing on the green. What a jerk.

> >

> > Has to be an honest mistake. You won't find a nicer guy on tour. He'd give you his shirt if you asked him for it.

>

> But what if I don't want his shirt, what if I just want him to yell fore?

As if that’s going to cause you to not get hit ? I’ve seen as many people run into a golf ball as stand still and get hit. The answer is galleries 50 yards back.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @NoodleSalad said:

> > @PZero said:

> > > @NoodleSalad said:

> > > How does Stenson airmail his shot into the gallery at 16 and not yell fore? I mean it wasn't even close to landing on the green. What a jerk.

> >

> > Has to be an honest mistake. You won't find a nicer guy on tour. He'd give you his shirt if you asked him for it.

>

> But what if I don't want his shirt, what if I just want him to yell fore?

Was there time to yell?

> @ewe8523 said:

> Tiger Mob be6t89sirkwx.jpeg

>

check the hat in the foreground. Even Brooks K wanted a picture of El Tigre, I guess.

> @Mikey5e said:

>

> > We just see the game differently I guess. I’ve literally never seen what happened to Woodland in 30 years watching golf.

> If you have never seen something similar to what has happened with Gary Woodland then I don't think you've been paying attention that much. This stuff goes on all the time. I believe a person is the author of their own breaks by virtue of their skill level. When a person tells me I am lucky, when I happen to be beating them at a particular game, to me, it just shows their immaturity.

Hale Irwin chipping in> @OldTomMorris said:

> > @Dicka said:

> > Anyone but Rose or Oosthuisen please. They may be nice guys but as golfers and personalities, they’re an absolute snooze fest.

>

> Never understood this way of thinking, some of the personalties that we see exist only when the cameras are on.

edit...wrong post quoted...

FORE RIGHT!!!!

> @bladehunter said:

> > @NoodleSalad said:

> > > @PZero said:

> > > > @NoodleSalad said:

> > > > How does Stenson airmail his shot into the gallery at 16 and not yell fore? I mean it wasn't even close to landing on the green. What a jerk.

> > >

> > > Has to be an honest mistake. You won't find a nicer guy on tour. He'd give you his shirt if you asked him for it.

> >

> > But what if I don't want his shirt, what if I just want him to yell fore?

>

> As if that’s going to cause you to not get hit ? I’ve seen as many people run into a golf ball as stand still and get hit. The answer is galleries 50 yards back.

And wear your helmet.

FORE RIGHT!!!!

> @bladehunter said:

> > @gvogel said:

> > > @straightshot7 said:

> > > I could almost fall asleep just looking at that leaderboard.

> >

> > Obviously a Tiger fan.

> >

> > If you don't like this leaderboard, go watch Lexi in the LPGA tournament.

>

> I’m a tiger fan and I love the leaderboard.

>

> And I may watch some of Lexi today too.

I think it's a great leaderboard. Missing DJ and Tiger and few others, but I'm intrigued, and will say again, I think the USGA as done a fine job with the set up. I expect it will be nastier today, but balls are holding the greens, greens are plenty tricky, and the rough around the greens is nasty enough. Plenty of doubles to go around.

FORE RIGHT!!!!

I thought the same thing. Yelling fore makes sense if there are only a few people on the course and the ball is headed their way. But a packed gallery where people should be watching for a ball, and it’s very noisy, it’s not going to help. When you see everyone around you ducking, that’s a good sign you got incoming. I liken this instance of not saying fore to a batter not screaming heads up after a foul ball.

> @Lodestone said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @gvogel said:

> > > > @straightshot7 said:

> > > > I could almost fall asleep just looking at that leaderboard.

> > >

> > > Obviously a Tiger fan.

> > >

> > > If you don't like this leaderboard, go watch Lexi in the LPGA tournament.

> >

> > I’m a tiger fan and I love the leaderboard.

> >

> > And I may watch some of Lexi today too.

>

>

> I think it's a great leaderboard. Missing DJ and Tiger and few others, but I'm intrigued, and will say again, I think the USGA as done a fine job with the set up. I expect it will be nastier today, but balls are holding the greens, greens are plenty tricky, and the rough around the greens is nasty enough. Plenty of doubles to go around.

I agree. The USga has done a marvelous job this week. Pebble has shown a great test. I predict winner is -12.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @bladehunter said:

> > @NoodleSalad said:

> > > @PZero said:

> > > > How does Stenson airmail his shot into the gallery at 16 and not yell fore? I mean it wasn't even close to landing on the green. What a jerk.

> > >

> > > Has to be an honest mistake. You won't find a nicer guy on tour. He'd give you his shirt if you asked him for it.

> >

> > But what if I don't want his shirt, what if I just want him to yell fore?

>

> As if that’s going to cause you to not get hit ? I’ve seen as many people run into a golf ball as stand still and get hit.

Just so we're clear, you're saying it's _not_ incumbent on the golfer to yell fore. Because people will get hit anyway and stuff.

> @Lagavulin62 said:

> I thought the same thing. Yelling fore makes sense if there are only a few people on the course and the ball is headed their way. But a packed gallery where people should be watching for a ball, and it’s very noisy, it’s not going to help. When you see everyone around you ducking, that’s a good sign you got incoming. I liken this instance of not saying fore to a batter not screaming heads up after a foul ball.

If a golf ball is traveling towards one person or one hundred you yell fore, every time.

• Like 1

Glove: ML
Tees: 2 3/4
Towel: white
Repair tool: metal
Ball Marker: largest poker chip in the world
Iron headcovers: wait, what?

The feedback system is annoying

> @NoodleSalad said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @NoodleSalad said:

> > > > @PZero said:

> > > > > @NoodleSalad said:

> > > > > How does Stenson airmail his shot into the gallery at 16 and not yell fore? I mean it wasn't even close to landing on the green. What a jerk.

> > > >

> > > > Has to be an honest mistake. You won't find a nicer guy on tour. He'd give you his shirt if you asked him for it.

> > >

> > > But what if I don't want his shirt, what if I just want him to yell fore?

> >

> > As if that’s going to cause you to not get hit ? I’ve seen as many people run into a golf ball as stand still and get hit.

>

> Just so we're clear, you're saying it's _not_ incumbent on the golfer to yell fore. Because people will get hit anyway and stuff.

>

>

>

I’m saying in a blind shot it’s not really helpful. It’s just not. And a shank it’s coming sideways hot , no real help. No time . Like a foul ball. Also on a 340 yard drive. No real help. Can’t see it anyway. Can’t hear the yell from that distance. So yes. I don’t truly think it helps anyone. It’s merely a tradition from slower days and less people. Most people look up anyway. Instead of duck their heads. Thinking they can spot the ball and move. Just don’t see it really doing anything. That being said , I’m fine yelling fore , and encourage people to do so. But I don’t think it does anything but stop conversations like this. Which are also meaningless.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @dalehead said:

> > @RangeCoyote said:

> > Is Woodland playing a ProV1 with the Titleist marked out? If so why?

>

> My WAG is Titleist doesn’t pay him to play their ball so he’s not going to give them any free advertising. Greg Norman started this. He was the first to turn the logo on Golf Pride grips to the underside and used a Sharpie to black out the Ping name on his putter grip in the days he used an Anser 2. Reason? No $$$ from GP or Ping.

>

>

>

Is this where Tiger got that from? Golf Pride logo turned down/blacked out Ping grip, I wonder? Cool if it was. Norman the trail blazer.

> @bbr16 said:

> I’m excited for hearing Nantz call some golf this afternoon.

>

> Can Woodland keep it together with tougher Sunday conditions? We’re in for an exciting finish today. Hello friends ?.

I wouldn’t get too excited about that prospect

> @toc said:

> > @Lagavulin62 said:

> > I thought the same thing. Yelling fore makes sense if there are only a few people on the course and the ball is headed their way. But a packed gallery where people should be watching for a ball, and it’s very noisy, it’s not going to help. When you see everyone around you ducking, that’s a good sign you got incoming. I liken this instance of not saying fore to a batter not screaming heads up after a foul ball.

>

> If a golf ball is traveling towards one person or one hundred you yell fore, every time.

>

We are talking a crowded venue that’s also very loud. They signal with their arms but vocalizing in this situation is pointless. The standard still applies in all other situations. The point here is simply we are applying the practicalities of a major sporting event to real world situations. I gave an analogy which applies well. Break out of your shoebox, the world of modern professional golf is a different animal from years past.

> @Lagavulin62 said:

> > @toc said:

> > > @Lagavulin62 said:

> > > I thought the same thing. Yelling fore makes sense if there are only a few people on the course and the ball is headed their way. But a packed gallery where people should be watching for a ball, and it’s very noisy, it’s not going to help. When you see everyone around you ducking, that’s a good sign you got incoming. I liken this instance of not saying fore to a batter not screaming heads up after a foul ball.

> >

> > If a golf ball is traveling towards one person or one hundred you yell fore, every time.

> >

>

> We are talking a crowded venue that’s also very loud. They signal with their arms but vocalizing in this situation is pointless. The standard still applies in all other situations. The point here is simply we are applying the practicalities of a major sporting event to real world situations. I gave an analogy which applies well. Break out of your shoebox, the world of modern professional golf is a different animal from years past.

Shoebox (whatever that means) or not, a golf ball can cause serious injury or kill someone, it’s not a question of being modern.

> @NoodleSalad said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @NoodleSalad said:

> > > > @PZero said:

> > > > > @NoodleSalad said:

> > > > > How does Stenson airmail his shot into the gallery at 16 and not yell fore? I mean it wasn't even close to landing on the green. What a jerk.

> > > >

> > > > Has to be an honest mistake. You won't find a nicer guy on tour. He'd give you his shirt if you asked him for it.

> > >

> > > But what if I don't want his shirt, what if I just want him to yell fore?

> >

> > As if that’s going to cause you to not get hit ? I’ve seen as many people run into a golf ball as stand still and get hit.

>

> Just so we're clear, you're saying it's _not_ incumbent on the golfer to yell fore. Because people will get hit anyway and stuff.

>

>

>

At least if someone yells fore, I might have some choice in where I git hit. Preferably not in the eye like the French lady at last year's (British) Open.

FORE RIGHT!!!!

> @toc said:

> > @Lagavulin62 said:

> > > @toc said:

> > > > @Lagavulin62 said:

> > > > I thought the same thing. Yelling fore makes sense if there are only a few people on the course and the ball is headed their way. But a packed gallery where people should be watching for a ball, and it’s very noisy, it’s not going to help. When you see everyone around you ducking, that’s a good sign you got incoming. I liken this instance of not saying fore to a batter not screaming heads up after a foul ball.

> > >

> > > If a golf ball is traveling towards one person or one hundred you yell fore, every time.

> > >

> >

> > We are talking a crowded venue that’s also very loud. They signal with their arms but vocalizing in this situation is pointless. The standard still applies in all other situations. The point here is simply we are applying the practicalities of a major sporting event to real world situations. I gave an analogy which applies well. Break out of your shoebox, the world of modern professional golf is a different animal from years past.

>

> Shoebox (whatever that means) or not, a golf ball can cause serious injury or kill someone, it’s not a question of being modern.

>

The thing is that we see guys hit long irons from trees regularly with people 3 ft away. A shank would certainly kill or maim someone if it happens then. If safety is the argument. Crowds have to be moved off the fairways and from the back of greens. It will never happen. People view live golf with the understanding that they are walking on a firing range. It’s wrong to blame players for that in my opinion. Yelling fore is good courtesy. But it doesn’t stop golf balls.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @toc said:

> > @Lagavulin62 said:

> > > @toc said:

> > > > @Lagavulin62 said:

> > > > I thought the same thing. Yelling fore makes sense if there are only a few people on the course and the ball is headed their way. But a packed gallery where people should be watching for a ball, and it’s very noisy, it’s not going to help. When you see everyone around you ducking, that’s a good sign you got incoming. I liken this instance of not saying fore to a batter not screaming heads up after a foul ball.

> > >

> > > If a golf ball is traveling towards one person or one hundred you yell fore, every time.

> > >

> >

> > We are talking a crowded venue that’s also very loud. They signal with their arms but vocalizing in this situation is pointless. The standard still applies in all other situations. The point here is simply we are applying the practicalities of a major sporting event to real world situations. I gave an analogy which applies well. Break out of your shoebox, the world of modern professional golf is a different animal from years past.

>

> Shoebox (whatever that means) or not, a golf ball can cause serious injury or kill someone, it’s not a question of being modern.

>

What about a baseball, a hockey puck? Can’t those kill too? How is this any different?

> @Lodestone said:

> > @NoodleSalad said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > @PZero said:

> > > > > > @NoodleSalad said:

> > > > > > How does Stenson airmail his shot into the gallery at 16 and not yell fore? I mean it wasn't even close to landing on the green. What a jerk.

> > > > >

> > > > > Has to be an honest mistake. You won't find a nicer guy on tour. He'd give you his shirt if you asked him for it.

> > > >

> > > > But what if I don't want his shirt, what if I just want him to yell fore?

> > >

> > > As if that’s going to cause you to not get hit ? I’ve seen as many people run into a golf ball as stand still and get hit.

> >

> > Just so we're clear, you're saying it's _not_ incumbent on the golfer to yell fore. Because people will get hit anyway and stuff.

> >

> >

> >

> At least if someone yells fore, I might have some choice in where I git hit. Preferably not in the eye like the French lady at last year's (British) Open.

Notice that I agreed with him. You absolutely should yell something. Fore or duck or something. As a matter of courtesy. But I just disagree on it helping very much or any. Totally ignored that I agree mostly. Just wants to bash a player for not yelling . No player wants to hit a person. I’m certain it’s a literal worst nightmare. Why pile on to that ? It’s not really a preventable thing.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

I think today is just a day to sit back and chill and see what happens. My Fathers Day wish is that Brooks or Rory somehow ends up pulling this off. My nightmare is Woodland and Revie going to a playoff for the championship. Nothing personal, all great guys, but this course deserves a top talent holding the trophy at the end.