Hank Haney comments on the Women's U.S. Open

I didn't know it was the US Women's Open this week. Guess I'm a sexist.

If Vegas came out with a 100:1 prop bet on picking the nationality and last name of the winner, I'd put $20 down on 'Korean & Lee' in a heart beat. A LOT of people would. Guess I'm a racist. (even though I'm still pretty sure 'Korean' is a nationality, not a race)

My take: It was a dumb thing to say on a golf radio show. He didn't do the LPGA or his career on the radio any favours. But you've got to be an overly sensitive tender foot to call that racist or sexist.

• Like 4

Titleist TSi3 8º - LAGP DJ 65-6
Titleist TSi3 15º - LAGP TourAxs Blue 
Mizuno Pro 225 2i - C-TaperL
Mizuno Pro 245  5-GW C-Taper 
Mizuno T22  52º, 56º, 60º C-Taper

Scotty Special Select Newport 2 
Titleist Left Dash -ProV1x

> @caniac6 said:

> Hank was not on the air today.

I'm not shocked that the ~~~~Golf Channe~~l~~ Sirius XM pulled the show for the rest of the week, seems that's how things work these days when someone gets offended.

• Like 1

Driver - Callaway Paradym
Woods - Callaway Paradym 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Callaway Paradym 6-52*
Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

> @"The Mad Bomber" said:

> I didn't know it was the US Women's Open this week. Guess I'm a sexist.

>

> If Vegas came out with a 100:1 prop bet on picking the nationality and last name of the winner, I'd put $20 down on 'Korean & Lee' in a heart beat. A LOT of people would. Guess I'm a racist. (even though I'm still pretty sure 'Korean' is a nationality, not a race)

>

> My take: It was a dumb thing to say on a golf radio show. He didn't do the LPGA or his career on the radio any favours. But you've got to be an overly sensitive tender foot to call that racist or sexist.

My point earlier. But Statistics don't matter when you have an agenda like the faux outrage crowd.

• Like 3

So the cruxifiction hasn't happened yet? You guys aren't giving me accurate or complete information.

• Like 1

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

Hank Haney has done more for veterans than the LPGA has ever done. Haney is not a sexist or a racist, he just used the wrong words to state the obvious. American female professional golfers are substandard in comparison to their Korean's counterparts. You know what? I agree! People can hate on Haney all they want, but in the context of the conversation Hank Haney was right. When I read tweets from a flop like Wie and a "has been" like Webb, I just can't take it seriously.

Still waiting for the LPGA to invite males to play in their tournaments.....

• Like 3

TM SIM2 Max Driver

TM SIM2 Max 3 & 5

PXG 0311 XF Gen 1 4-W 

Titleist SM8 Black Wedges 48-54-58

Srixon Q-Star Tour 
2009 Custom Scotty Cameron Welded Neck 009 35/330g (with a slap of lead tape for sauciness)
“Check your Ego at the Club House and Play the Correct Tees”

> @caniac6 said:

> > @BlackDiamondPar5 said:

> > > @geesecougar2 said:

> > > He wasn't saying, **_"Statistically speaking, there are many Lee's on the LPGA Tour. So in terms of probability, a Lee is who I bet will win_."**

> > >

> > > He was actually saying, **_"The only good players on the LPGA are Korean and so I don't really care to follow it even though I'm supposed to be a golf expert."_** Like someone said before, imagine if he said that about the NBA, he'd be blacklisted from all media.

> > >

> > > He knew there would be so many in the golf world like those on this thread willfully looking the other way, which is why he thought he could get away with it. To deny the spirit of his comments to defend him you're either dumb, intellectually dishonest, or actually racist yourself.

> > >

> > I see you appear to be just another SJW--- thinking you know what's in a persons heart and mind and inventing your own nasty interpretation of their words. Why do you and others do this? Because it fits the narrative. It's open season on white guys, especially older white men. That conduct is deeply offensive.

>

> As an older white man, I've never felt oppressed. I usually try to think of other people's feelings before I blurt out something that could be offensive. If that makes me pc, so be it. I think it makes me a gentleman, and a polite one at that.

You're not listening carefully enough to hear the mocking of white men. I don't hear it directed toward me personally but often hear it from public personalities. They all get a free pass. You can bet that if someone says "I don't watch the champions tour because I have no interest in watching old white men play" that that comment wouldn't even move the needle.

• Like 3

> @new2g0lf said:

> > @caniac6 said:

> > Hank was not on the air today.

>

> I'm not shocked that the Golf Channel pulled the show for the rest of the week, seems that's how things work these days when someone gets offended.

He doesn't work for the GC. His show is independent on XM/Sirius.

TM SIM2 Max Driver

TM SIM2 Max 3 & 5

PXG 0311 XF Gen 1 4-W 

Srixon Q-Star Tour 
2009 Custom Scotty Cameron Welded Neck 009 35/330g (with a slap of lead tape for sauciness)

> @MountainGoat said:

> Hank was poised for a fall, and it doesn't break my heart to see him go down. That said, I felt his comments constituted stereotyping, but weren't racist.

He must have done something really bad to you to wish him such will.

TM SIM2 Max Driver

TM SIM2 Max 3 & 5

PXG 0311 XF Gen 1 4-W 

Srixon Q-Star Tour 

> @BlackDiamondPar5 said:

> > @caniac6 said:

> > > @BlackDiamondPar5 said:

> > > > @geesecougar2 said:

> > > > He wasn't saying, **_"Statistically speaking, there are many Lee's on the LPGA Tour. So in terms of probability, a Lee is who I bet will win_."**

> > > >

> > > > He was actually saying, **_"The only good players on the LPGA are Korean and so I don't really care to follow it even though I'm supposed to be a golf expert."_** Like someone said before, imagine if he said that about the NBA, he'd be blacklisted from all media.

> > > >

> > > > He knew there would be so many in the golf world like those on this thread willfully looking the other way, which is why he thought he could get away with it. To deny the spirit of his comments to defend him you're either dumb, intellectually dishonest, or actually racist yourself.

> > > >

> > > I see you appear to be just another SJW--- thinking you know what's in a persons heart and mind and inventing your own nasty interpretation of their words. Why do you and others do this? Because it fits the narrative. It's open season on white guys, especially older white men. That conduct is deeply offensive.

> >

> > As an older white man, I've never felt oppressed. I usually try to think of other people's feelings before I blurt out something that could be offensive. If that makes me pc, so be it. I think it makes me a gentleman, and a polite one at that.

>

> You're not listening carefully enough to hear the mocking of white men. I don't hear it directed toward me personally but often hear it from public personalities. They all get a free pass. You can bet that if someone says "I don't watch the champions tour because I have no interest in watching old white men play" that that comment wouldn't even move the needle.

You're wrong, it would move the needle. Only people that are truly "woke" would be brave enough to say something like that. It would move the "woke needle".

• Like 1

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

> @Golfer4Life said:

> > @new2g0lf said:

> > > @caniac6 said:

> > > Hank was not on the air today.

> >

> > I'm not shocked that the Golf Channel pulled the show for the rest of the week, seems that's how things work these days when someone gets offended.

>

> He doesn't work for the GC. His show is independent on XM/Sirius.

Pretty sure you knew what I meant but corrected the post to correct my error.

Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

> @new2g0lf said:

> > @Golfer4Life said:

> > > @new2g0lf said:

> > > > @caniac6 said:

> > > > Hank was not on the air today.

> > >

> > > I'm not shocked that the Golf Channel pulled the show for the rest of the week, seems that's how things work these days when someone gets offended.

> >

> > He doesn't work for the GC. His show is independent on XM/Sirius.

> Pretty sure you knew what I meant but corrected the post to correct my error.

My apologies if I misunderstood.

TM SIM2 Max Driver

TM SIM2 Max 3 & 5

PXG 0311 XF Gen 1 4-W 

Srixon Q-Star Tour 

Also, guys, if we want to be outraged about something can we be outraged by the fact that Hank Haney is NOT good at his job as the host of a radio program? I mean, call me old fashioned, but my idea of listening to a radio program usually involves listening to 1) an eloquent speaker who 2) comes prepared with talking points. Hank may or may not come with talking points but do any of us really think that he's an eloquent speaker? His program is terrible in my opinion and no I'm not saying that because Hank is a male or because he's white.

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

> @broadbandz said:

> wow more people itt whining about the outrage than that actual "outrage" posted on social media.

To be fair, I don’t think people care about the faux outrage. What bothers people is that the faux outrage often leads to ruined lives and lost careers. People whining on WRX isn’t going to do anything of the sort.

He was dismissing the relevance of the national championship based on the fact that most of the good players are Korean. If you think he was doing a statistical analysis to determine who to bet on, I really don't know what to tell you other than that you're being willfully blind. There really is no argument about that.

You can argue however that he's not necessarily wrong, that the reality is people don't care if the players aren't relatable to the audience, and that this is human nature and not overtly racist or sexist. That's a legitimate argument.

And then conversation should really be about why American women suck (relatively) at golf, or how the Koreans can be more proactive in being relatable, or whether a bum like Haney is the right person to initiate this dialogue in this manner.

TSi3 9* RDX Smoke Black 6.5
M5 15* Kuro Kago Silver 75x
Rescue 11 18* Diamana D+ 90x
P790 4 S400
MP-20 MMC 5-PW S400
Vokey SM6 Black 52/56/60 S400
Newport Mil-Spec 350g / Byron 006 / Laguna Pro Platinum / White Hot RX #7 / Stroke Lab Double Wide Flowneck

> @ebrasmus21 said:

> > > @caniac6 said:

> > > > @BlackDiamondPar5 said:

> > > > > @geesecougar2 said:

> > > > > He wasn't saying, **_"Statistically speaking, there are many Lee's on the LPGA Tour. So in terms of probability, a Lee is who I bet will win_."**

> > > > >

> > > > > He was actually saying, **_"The only good players on the LPGA are Korean and so I don't really care to follow it even though I'm supposed to be a golf expert."_** Like someone said before, imagine if he said that about the NBA, he'd be blacklisted from all media.

> > > > >

> > > > > He knew there would be so many in the golf world like those on this thread willfully looking the other way, which is why he thought he could get away with it. To deny the spirit of his comments to defend him you're either dumb, intellectually dishonest, or actually racist yourself.

> > > > >

> > > > I see you appear to be just another SJW--- thinking you know what's in a persons heart and mind and inventing your own nasty interpretation of their words. Why do you and others do this? Because it fits the narrative. It's open season on white guys, especially older white men. That conduct is deeply offensive.

> > >

> > > As an older white man, I've never felt oppressed. I usually try to think of other people's feelings before I blurt out something that could be offensive. If that makes me pc, so be it. I think it makes me a gentleman, and a polite one at that.

> >

> > You're not listening carefully enough to hear the mocking of white men. I don't hear it directed toward me personally but often hear it from public personalities. They all get a free pass. You can bet that if someone says "I don't watch the champions tour because I have no interest in watching old white men play" that that comment wouldn't even move the needle.

>

> You're wrong, it would move the needle. Only people that are truly "woke" would be brave enough to say something like that. It would move the "woke needle".

As an old white man that is exactly why I don’t watch the champions tour. Who wants to watch old people do anything?

TM M6 9 Graphite Design HD 6x
TM M6 15 Graphite Design TP 7x
TM M6 18 Graphite Design VR 8x
Mizuno JPX 921 SEL 4-G Nippon SPO

Mizuno T22 56D, 61X Nippon SPO
Byron Morgan DH89 SSS 350g KBS CT Tour black

> @mokedaddy said:

> > @ebrasmus21 said:

> > > @BlackDiamondPar5 said:

> > > > @caniac6 said:

> > > > > @BlackDiamondPar5 said:

> > > > > > @geesecougar2 said:

> > > > > > He wasn't saying, **_"Statistically speaking, there are many Lee's on the LPGA Tour. So in terms of probability, a Lee is who I bet will win_."**

> > > > > >

> > > > > > He was actually saying, **_"The only good players on the LPGA are Korean and so I don't really care to follow it even though I'm supposed to be a golf expert."_** Like someone said before, imagine if he said that about the NBA, he'd be blacklisted from all media.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > He knew there would be so many in the golf world like those on this thread willfully looking the other way, which is why he thought he could get away with it. To deny the spirit of his comments to defend him you're either dumb, intellectually dishonest, or actually racist yourself.

> > > > > >

> > > > > I see you appear to be just another SJW--- thinking you know what's in a persons heart and mind and inventing your own nasty interpretation of their words. Why do you and others do this? Because it fits the narrative. It's open season on white guys, especially older white men. That conduct is deeply offensive.

> > > >

> > > > As an older white man, I've never felt oppressed. I usually try to think of other people's feelings before I blurt out something that could be offensive. If that makes me pc, so be it. I think it makes me a gentleman, and a polite one at that.

> > >

> > > You're not listening carefully enough to hear the mocking of white men. I don't hear it directed toward me personally but often hear it from public personalities. They all get a free pass. You can bet that if someone says "I don't watch the champions tour because I have no interest in watching old white men play" that that comment wouldn't even move the needle.

> >

> > You're wrong, it would move the needle. Only people that are truly "woke" would be brave enough to say something like that. It would move the "woke needle".

>

> As an old white man that is exactly why I don’t watch the champions tour. Who wants to watch old people do anything?

Berhard, man, that dude is a machine. (deep down I agree with you and rarely watch the old farts, with all due respect)

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

> @ebrasmus21 said:

> > @mokedaddy said:

> > > @ebrasmus21 said:

> > > > > @caniac6 said:

> > > > > > @BlackDiamondPar5 said:

> > > > > > > @geesecougar2 said:

> > > > > > > He wasn't saying, **_"Statistically speaking, there are many Lee's on the LPGA Tour. So in terms of probability, a Lee is who I bet will win_."**

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > He was actually saying, **_"The only good players on the LPGA are Korean and so I don't really care to follow it even though I'm supposed to be a golf expert."_** Like someone said before, imagine if he said that about the NBA, he'd be blacklisted from all media.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > He knew there would be so many in the golf world like those on this thread willfully looking the other way, which is why he thought he could get away with it. To deny the spirit of his comments to defend him you're either dumb, intellectually dishonest, or actually racist yourself.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > I see you appear to be just another SJW--- thinking you know what's in a persons heart and mind and inventing your own nasty interpretation of their words. Why do you and others do this? Because it fits the narrative. It's open season on white guys, especially older white men. That conduct is deeply offensive.

> > > > >

> > > > > As an older white man, I've never felt oppressed. I usually try to think of other people's feelings before I blurt out something that could be offensive. If that makes me pc, so be it. I think it makes me a gentleman, and a polite one at that.

> > > >

> > > > You're not listening carefully enough to hear the mocking of white men. I don't hear it directed toward me personally but often hear it from public personalities. They all get a free pass. You can bet that if someone says "I don't watch the champions tour because I have no interest in watching old white men play" that that comment wouldn't even move the needle.

> > >

> > > You're wrong, it would move the needle. Only people that are truly "woke" would be brave enough to say something like that. It would move the "woke needle".

> >

> > As an old white man that is exactly why I don’t watch the champions tour. Who wants to watch old people do anything?

>

> Berhard, man, that dude is a machine. (deep down I agree with you and rarely watch the old farts, with all due respect)

Lol, take that broomstick away and he will go from machine to below average.

TM SIM2 Max Driver

TM SIM2 Max 3 & 5

PXG 0311 XF Gen 1 4-W 

Srixon Q-Star Tour 

> @Golfer4Life said:

> > @ebrasmus21 said:

> > > @mokedaddy said:

> > > > @ebrasmus21 said:

> > > > > @BlackDiamondPar5 said:

> > > > > > @caniac6 said:

> > > > > > > @BlackDiamondPar5 said:

> > > > > > > > @geesecougar2 said:

> > > > > > > > He wasn't saying, **_"Statistically speaking, there are many Lee's on the LPGA Tour. So in terms of probability, a Lee is who I bet will win_."**

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > He was actually saying, **_"The only good players on the LPGA are Korean and so I don't really care to follow it even though I'm supposed to be a golf expert."_** Like someone said before, imagine if he said that about the NBA, he'd be blacklisted from all media.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > He knew there would be so many in the golf world like those on this thread willfully looking the other way, which is why he thought he could get away with it. To deny the spirit of his comments to defend him you're either dumb, intellectually dishonest, or actually racist yourself.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I see you appear to be just another SJW--- thinking you know what's in a persons heart and mind and inventing your own nasty interpretation of their words. Why do you and others do this? Because it fits the narrative. It's open season on white guys, especially older white men. That conduct is deeply offensive.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > As an older white man, I've never felt oppressed. I usually try to think of other people's feelings before I blurt out something that could be offensive. If that makes me pc, so be it. I think it makes me a gentleman, and a polite one at that.

> > > > >

> > > > > You're not listening carefully enough to hear the mocking of white men. I don't hear it directed toward me personally but often hear it from public personalities. They all get a free pass. You can bet that if someone says "I don't watch the champions tour because I have no interest in watching old white men play" that that comment wouldn't even move the needle.

> > > >

> > > > You're wrong, it would move the needle. Only people that are truly "woke" would be brave enough to say something like that. It would move the "woke needle".

> > >

> > > As an old white man that is exactly why I don’t watch the champions tour. Who wants to watch old people do anything?

> >

> > Berhard, man, that dude is a machine. (deep down I agree with you and rarely watch the old farts, with all due respect)

>

> Lol, take that broomstick away and he will go from machine to below average.

>

Could a 4 hanicap beat a broomless-Bernhard??? Now there's a topic for a thread.

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

Haney has a show on the radio. He gives his opinion. He makes personal comments. Rush Limbaugh does the same thing and makes millions$ Haney is not running for office or vying for Mr. Congeniality. If you don't like it, don't listen.

Could he have chosen better words? Sure. But he rarely uses the right words and stutters a lot. Dang, I just offended all stutterers.

• Like 1

PING Rapture ^10 driver

Callaway UW 19^

PING Anser Forged Irons 3-pw
PING Forged wedges
Wilson 8802 Putter

> @geesecougar2 said:

> He was dismissing the relevance of the national championship based on the fact that most of the good players are Korean. If you think he was doing a statistical analysis to determine who to bet on, I really don't know what to tell you other than that you're being willfully blind. There really is no argument about that.

>

> You can argue however that he's not necessarily wrong, that the reality is people don't care if the players aren't relatable to the audience, and that this is human nature and not overtly racist or sexist. That's a legitimate argument.

>

> And then conversation should really be about why American women suck (relatively) at golf, or how the Koreans can be more proactive in being relatable, or whether a bum like Haney is the right person to initiate this dialogue in this manner.

>

>

I don't care if the Korean players are likable or relatable, they are the best and most disciplined players on the LPGA. Speaking of racist, the LPGA itself has shamed these Korean players into speaking English and commentators make fun of them. Hank Haney is the least of their sexist or racist problems.

• Like 1

TM SIM2 Max Driver

TM SIM2 Max 3 & 5

PXG 0311 XF Gen 1 4-W 

Srixon Q-Star Tour 

> @geesecougar2 said:

> He was dismissing the relevance of the national championship based on the fact that most of the good players are Korean. If you think he was doing a statistical analysis to determine who to bet on, I really don't know what to tell you other than that you're being willfully blind. There really is no argument about that.

>

> You can argue however that he's not necessarily wrong, that the reality is people don't care if the players aren't relatable to the audience, and that this is human nature and not overtly racist or sexist. That's a legitimate argument.

>

> And then conversation should really be about why American women suck (relatively) at golf, or how the Koreans can be more proactive in being relatable, or whether a bum like Haney is the right person to initiate this dialogue in this manner.

>

>

Dismissing the relevance might be a bit strong. I think he was pointing out in a tongue in cheek way that Korean dominance has diminished the interest that US fans have in the LPGA. And to me, that’s not even a debate. It clearly has hurt the product’s appeal here in the US. I still love it and love the games and personalities of the Asian player. But I realize what’s what when it comes to the bottom line. Hank isn’t a darling to begin with and his smarminess and snark left what he said open to attack.

• Like 1

I think it was actually a slam against the Americans. The women of Korea are definitely the best out there. And that gives the LPGA an international flare. But it seems like he is dissing the LPGA in general as well. Maybe he can't get any of them to come to him for lessons???

Driver: Callaway Paradym 9 set to 10 Draw

3W Callaway  Epic Flash

5w Callaway Epic Flash
Hybrids: 4-5 Epic Flash    
               6-7 Big Bertha 

7 Ping G430 played as an 8 

Irons: PXG Gen4 XP 9-GW

Wedges: PXG 0311 52 56 degree Forged

Putter: Odyssey Rossie Pro 2.0 

> @ebrasmus21 said:

> > > @caniac6 said:

> > > > > @geesecougar2 said:

> > > > > He wasn't saying, **_"Statistically speaking, there are many Lee's on the LPGA Tour. So in terms of probability, a Lee is who I bet will win_."**

> > > > >

> > > > > He was actually saying, **_"The only good players on the LPGA are Korean and so I don't really care to follow it even though I'm supposed to be a golf expert."_** Like someone said before, imagine if he said that about the NBA, he'd be blacklisted from all media.

> > > > >

> > > > > He knew there would be so many in the golf world like those on this thread willfully looking the other way, which is why he thought he could get away with it. To deny the spirit of his comments to defend him you're either dumb, intellectually dishonest, or actually racist yourself.

> > > > >

> > > > I see you appear to be just another SJW--- thinking you know what's in a persons heart and mind and inventing your own nasty interpretation of their words. Why do you and others do this? Because it fits the narrative. It's open season on white guys, especially older white men. That conduct is deeply offensive.

> > >

> > > As an older white man, I've never felt oppressed. I usually try to think of other people's feelings before I blurt out something that could be offensive. If that makes me pc, so be it. I think it makes me a gentleman, and a polite one at that.

> >

> > You're not listening carefully enough to hear the mocking of white men. I don't hear it directed toward me personally but often hear it from public personalities. They all get a free pass. You can bet that if someone says "I don't watch the champions tour because I have no interest in watching old white men play" that that comment wouldn't even move the needle.

>

> You're wrong, it would move the needle. Only people that are truly "woke" would be brave enough to say something like that. It would move the "woke needle".

You just blew my mind.

> @geesecougar2 said:

>

>

>

>

LPGA tournament attendance and broadcast ratings compared to the PGA Tour are evidence enough that he's not wrong. I watch the LPGA to see better golfers (with similar club distances) than myself play golf on nice courses. I never watch to root for someone or out of interest to see who wins.

• Like 1

Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX