Teryllium T22 Coming August 16

collindm1

I guess I just don’t understand what Cameron is doing these days. Why not mass produce them at the suggested retail price point rather than do this limited run? People obviously want them. Alternatively, why not sell them to retailers closer to the obviously higher market rate if this is just a limited run?

> @SlothofDespond said:

> I guess I just don’t understand what Cameron is doing these days. Why not mass produce them at the suggested retail price point rather than do this limited run? People obviously want them. Alternatively, why not sell them to retailers closer to the obviously higher market rate if this is just a limited run?

I've never owned a Scotty but it was kinda/sorta on my wish list, I just didn't want something off the rack (or more accurately, under an acrylic case at GG, lol) and a $3,000 Super Rat or some other rarity was never going to be in play for me. This release struck me as a very good middle ground.

> @jschwarb said:

> > @SlothofDespond said:

> > I guess I just don’t understand what Cameron is doing these days. Why not mass produce them at the suggested retail price point rather than do this limited run? People obviously want them. Alternatively, why not sell them to retailers closer to the obviously higher market rate if this is just a limited run?

> I've never owned a Scotty but it was kinda/sorta on my wish list, I just didn't want something off the rack (or more accurately, under an acrylic case at GG, lol) and a $3,000 Super Rat or some other rarity was never going to be in play for me. This release struck me as a very good middle ground.

It’s a throwback to the original and not a part of a current line. It’s no different than Nike releasing retro Jordan’s. Give the fans of the brand something to want but not takeaway from the lure of the model.

> @thePINGman said:

> > @Scotty1140 said:

> > > @thePINGman said:

> > > > @BYK said:

> > > > > @Golfdoctor said:

> > > > > > @gpleonard said:

> > > > > > The sad part is these went so fast that 6000 putters would have sold out at 3 times that many. I tried that day and was busy all morning and by the time I got a chance to start looking around none were to be had. I called my local PGA SS and they sad the allotment went in mere minutes. Unreal.

> > > > >

> > > > > I was told this was the first wave of putters and more to come. I don't know if this is true or not, but this is what I was told.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Anything is possible but I doubt it.

> > > > Scotty has this limited release thing down. Release enough but not enough to drown out demand.

> > > > Heck I’d be up for more released. But I just don’t think he’ll do it. Maybe I’ll be surprised. Ya just never know.

> > >

> > > Agreed. He wouldn’t push limited release only to release the same later. Would hurt future demand for other models. He would of just done 1st of 500 or something similar.

> > >

> > > But in my opinion he has to do something different. He’s loosing too much ground to Odyssey. Obviously feel is subjective but the sound and feel ( synonymous ) of an Odyssey in my view is light years ahead of Cameron, and the numbers on tour confirm this sentiment.

> >

> > What are these tour numbers? What are the stats that back that statement up?

> >

> > I’m genuinely curious. No horse in that race. Fan of both brands.

> >

> >

>

> There are a lot of articles posted on the topic, broken down in various ways. But here is one from March:

>

> https://www.todaysgolfer.co.uk/features/equipment-features/2019/march/which-putter-has-the-most-wins-on-tour-in-2019-/

Here's a spreadsheet of the data from the article you referenced.... Doesn't seem as though Camerons are losing as much market/Tour presence as you suggest.

b26x5e85hp4u.png

Edited for Spreadsheet correction

• Like 1

I feel like part of the trend away from Cameron has to do with players gravitating more towards mallet style putters. That’s where Taylormade and Odyssey shine. Those who play blades are almost always going to go with a Scotty. Just my 2 cents as you don’t see too many people playing a Futura vs let’s say a Spider

> @Ridgecrest18 said:

> > @thePINGman said:

> > > @Scotty1140 said:

> > > > @thePINGman said:

> > > > > @BYK said:

> > > > > > @Golfdoctor said:

> > > > > > > @gpleonard said:

> > > > > > > The sad part is these went so fast that 6000 putters would have sold out at 3 times that many. I tried that day and was busy all morning and by the time I got a chance to start looking around none were to be had. I called my local PGA SS and they sad the allotment went in mere minutes. Unreal.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I was told this was the first wave of putters and more to come. I don't know if this is true or not, but this is what I was told.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Anything is possible but I doubt it.

> > > > > Scotty has this limited release thing down. Release enough but not enough to drown out demand.

> > > > > Heck I’d be up for more released. But I just don’t think he’ll do it. Maybe I’ll be surprised. Ya just never know.

> > > >

> > > > Agreed. He wouldn’t push limited release only to release the same later. Would hurt future demand for other models. He would of just done 1st of 500 or something similar.

> > > >

> > > > But in my opinion he has to do something different. He’s loosing too much ground to Odyssey. Obviously feel is subjective but the sound and feel ( synonymous ) of an Odyssey in my view is light years ahead of Cameron, and the numbers on tour confirm this sentiment.

> > >

> > > What are these tour numbers? What are the stats that back that statement up?

> > >

> > > I’m genuinely curious. No horse in that race. Fan of both brands.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > There are a lot of articles posted on the topic, broken down in various ways. But here is one from March:

> >

> > https://www.todaysgolfer.co.uk/features/equipment-features/2019/march/which-putter-has-the-most-wins-on-tour-in-2019-/

>

> Here's a spreadsheet of the data from the article you referenced.... Doesn't seem as though Camerons are losing as much market/Tour presence as you suggest.

>

>

> 3wt8ue5vr2vo.png

>

While I appreciate the chart, Im not sure the number of wins, from a particular year, speaks to market/tour preference. What I had in mind was overall use on the tour. But I can’t find any stats on it and I’ve lost the motivation to look.

> @GoGoErky said:

> > @Kmac said:

> > > @gpleonard said:

> > > The sad part is these went so fast that 6000 putters would have sold out at 3 times that many. I tried that day and was busy all morning and by the time I got a chance to start looking around none were to be had. I called my local PGA SS and they said the allotment went in mere minutes. Unreal.

> >

> > So they sold all of the putters they don't have yet? I know my GG hasn't sold any and wont sell them till the 16th.

>

> They sell the allotment they are given. It’s called a pre-order allowing stores to sell before release date.

Fully aware of the "pre-order" but in THIS case they shouldn't be doing that because I don't think they actually know what they're getting yet. My GG doesn't and if they do they are not doing "pre-orders" in store. That is something you do online... and in this case they get cancelled.

> @thePINGman said:

> > @Ridgecrest18 said:

> > > @thePINGman said:

> > > > @Scotty1140 said:

> > > > > @thePINGman said:

> > > > > > @BYK said:

> > > > > > > @Golfdoctor said:

> > > > > > > > @gpleonard said:

> > > > > > > > The sad part is these went so fast that 6000 putters would have sold out at 3 times that many. I tried that day and was busy all morning and by the time I got a chance to start looking around none were to be had. I called my local PGA SS and they sad the allotment went in mere minutes. Unreal.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I was told this was the first wave of putters and more to come. I don't know if this is true or not, but this is what I was told.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Anything is possible but I doubt it.

> > > > > > Scotty has this limited release thing down. Release enough but not enough to drown out demand.

> > > > > > Heck I’d be up for more released. But I just don’t think he’ll do it. Maybe I’ll be surprised. Ya just never know.

> > > > >

> > > > > Agreed. He wouldn’t push limited release only to release the same later. Would hurt future demand for other models. He would of just done 1st of 500 or something similar.

> > > > >

> > > > > But in my opinion he has to do something different. He’s loosing too much ground to Odyssey. Obviously feel is subjective but the sound and feel ( synonymous ) of an Odyssey in my view is light years ahead of Cameron, and the numbers on tour confirm this sentiment.

> > > >

> > > > What are these tour numbers? What are the stats that back that statement up?

> > > >

> > > > I’m genuinely curious. No horse in that race. Fan of both brands.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > There are a lot of articles posted on the topic, broken down in various ways. But here is one from March:

> > >

> > > https://www.todaysgolfer.co.uk/features/equipment-features/2019/march/which-putter-has-the-most-wins-on-tour-in-2019-/

> >

> > Here's a spreadsheet of the data from the article you referenced.... Doesn't seem as though Camerons are losing as much market/Tour presence as you suggest.

> >

> >

> > 3wt8ue5vr2vo.png

> >

>

> While I appreciate the chart, Im not sure the number of wins, from a particular year, speaks to market/tour preference. What I had in mind was overall use on the tour. But I can’t find any stats on it and I’ve lost the motivation to look.

Tour use has two aspects. Pay to play and those who use without a contract. Odyssey pays lots of people to use their stuff.

Seeing the percentage of non paid players who use gear is what matters imo

> @GoGoErky said:

> > @thePINGman said:

> > > @Ridgecrest18 said:

> > > > @thePINGman said:

> > > > > @Scotty1140 said:

> > > > > > @thePINGman said:

> > > > > > > @BYK said:

> > > > > > > > @Golfdoctor said:

> > > > > > > > > @gpleonard said:

> > > > > > > > > The sad part is these went so fast that 6000 putters would have sold out at 3 times that many. I tried that day and was busy all morning and by the time I got a chance to start looking around none were to be had. I called my local PGA SS and they sad the allotment went in mere minutes. Unreal.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I was told this was the first wave of putters and more to come. I don't know if this is true or not, but this is what I was told.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Anything is possible but I doubt it.

> > > > > > > Scotty has this limited release thing down. Release enough but not enough to drown out demand.

> > > > > > > Heck I’d be up for more released. But I just don’t think he’ll do it. Maybe I’ll be surprised. Ya just never know.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Agreed. He wouldn’t push limited release only to release the same later. Would hurt future demand for other models. He would of just done 1st of 500 or something similar.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > But in my opinion he has to do something different. He’s loosing too much ground to Odyssey. Obviously feel is subjective but the sound and feel ( synonymous ) of an Odyssey in my view is light years ahead of Cameron, and the numbers on tour confirm this sentiment.

> > > > >

> > > > > What are these tour numbers? What are the stats that back that statement up?

> > > > >

> > > > > I’m genuinely curious. No horse in that race. Fan of both brands.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > There are a lot of articles posted on the topic, broken down in various ways. But here is one from March:

> > > >

> > > > https://www.todaysgolfer.co.uk/features/equipment-features/2019/march/which-putter-has-the-most-wins-on-tour-in-2019-/

> > >

> > > Here's a spreadsheet of the data from the article you referenced.... Doesn't seem as though Camerons are losing as much market/Tour presence as you suggest.

> > >

> > >

> > > 3wt8ue5vr2vo.png

> > >

> >

> > While I appreciate the chart, Im not sure the number of wins, from a particular year, speaks to market/tour preference. What I had in mind was overall use on the tour. But I can’t find any stats on it and I’ve lost the motivation to look.

>

> Tour use has two aspects. Pay to play and those who use without a contract. Odyssey pays lots of people to use their stuff.

>

> Seeing the percentage of non paid players who use gear is what matters imo

Great point.

> @Kmac said:

> > @GoGoErky said:

> > > @Kmac said:

> > > > @gpleonard said:

> > > > The sad part is these went so fast that 6000 putters would have sold out at 3 times that many. I tried that day and was busy all morning and by the time I got a chance to start looking around none were to be had. I called my local PGA SS and they said the allotment went in mere minutes. Unreal.

> > >

> > > So they sold all of the putters they don't have yet? I know my GG hasn't sold any and wont sell them till the 16th.

> >

> > They sell the allotment they are given. It’s called a pre-order allowing stores to sell before release date.

>

> Fully aware of the "pre-order" but in THIS case they shouldn't be doing that because I don't think they actually know what they're getting yet. My GG doesn't and if they do they are not doing "pre-orders" in store. That is something you do online... and in this case they get cancelled.

Sounds like your GG is clueless. The ones I have talked to and from others in here they knew how much they were getting and so did several other shops.

Pre-orders are nothing new and even on limited items they happen all the time. Look at the Nike and Jordan shoe threads which GG is usually a participant in

Every pro shop and box store round me (UK) knows how many they are getting and knew from the announcement. The only person that didn’t know was one of my local pros but he wasn’t getting any.

Titleist TSR2 10 set at 11 Hzrdus Red CB
Titleist TSI2 16.5 Tensei Blue

Ping G 17.5 set at 18.5 Ping tour shaft.
Titleist TS3 hybrid 21 Tensei Blue
Taylormade 2023 p790 5-PW kbs tour lite
Vokey SM9 50°/12° SM8 56°/14° and SM9 60°/10°
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport two
Taylormade TP5x

[i]Remember there are no pictures on a scorecard, only a number. [/i]

> @dwp10mm said:

> 2nd Swing also has the Newport 2 and Fastback on their site this morning. Marked up $100. https://www.2ndswing.com/titleist-scotty-cameron/golf-putters/

>

The $100 mark up is a donation to the 1st Tee.

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s

T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto 
Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

> @Speltz14 said:

> Just called Titleist and the guy on the phone told me there were 8000 total T22's being made and that's it, no more will be made.

Wow! That’s a lot.

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s

T150's 5-PW KBS Tour

Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

> @thePINGman said:

> > @GC70 said:

> > > @Speltz14 said:

> > > Just called Titleist and the guy on the phone told me there were 8000 total T22's being made and that's it, no more will be made.

> >

> > Wow! That’s a lot.

>

> It’s only 160 per state and that’s if it was only in the US. That’s worldwide

Never thought about it that way.

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s

T150's 5-PW KBS Tour

Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

> @Speltz14 said:

> Just called Titleist and the guy on the phone told me there were 8000 total T22's being made and that's it, no more will be made.

Not doubting your source, but I have seen 6,000 in several spots (including here). An even split of 2,000 per model would make sense, if it's 8,000 total I wonder what that split is. Fewer Fastbacks?

I don’t have an inside source or anything, but I too was told by Edwin Watts a couple weeks ago that it was 2,000 per model. The guy seemed like a pretty knowledgeable Cameron guy, knew exactly how many of each model they were getting. I consider that pretty limited.

Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5° | Ventus TR Blue 6s

Taylormade BRNR Mini 13.5° | Hzrdus Yellow 75 6.5

Callaway Apex UW 19° | Tour AD TP 7s

Callaway XR Pro 23° | Tour AD DI 95x
Maltby TS1 IM/TS4 5-PW | Dynamic Gold S300
Cleveland RTX 6: 50° 56° 60° | KBS Tour Custom 120s Black 

L.A.B. DF 3 Counterbalance 37.5" | TPT Putter Shaft 

> @coreyhr said:

> I don’t have an inside source or anything, but I too was told by Edwin Watts a couple weeks ago that it was 2,000 per model. The guy seemed like a pretty knowledgeable Cameron guy, knew exactly how many of each model they were getting. I consider that pretty limited.

I called Titleist myself and they told me there were 8000, so the number might have been changed due to demand.

> @dakotasledder said:

> got 2 of mine today. Amazing in person.

What! Really? How? I’m so jealous!

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s

T150's 5-PW KBS Tour

Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

> @GC70 said:

> > @thePINGman said:

> > > @GC70 said:

> > > > @Speltz14 said:

> > > > Just called Titleist and the guy on the phone told me there were 8000 total T22's being made and that's it, no more will be made.

> > >

> > > Wow! That’s a lot.

> >

> > It’s only 160 per state and that’s if it was only in the US. That’s worldwide

>

> Never thought about it that way.

>

My guy in the UK who I got two from said the UK is getting 500 T22s with a second smaller batch in September.

• Ping G400 9* Fujikura Speeder 661 X (+16g head weight)
  • Tour Edge Exotics CB3 Tour 18*, True Temper Bi Matrix RXi X 
  • Adams Idea A7 19* & 22* UST V2 Hybrid X +0.5'
  • Mizuno MP20 HMB 4i KBS C-Taper 130X +0.5' 2 deg up
  • Mizuno MP20 MMC 5-7 Nippon Modus 3 130X +0.5' 2 deg up
  • Mizuno MP20 MB 8-PW Nippon Modus 3 130X +0.5' 2 deg up
  • Cleveland RTX3 V-MG 50* TT S400 +0.5'
  • Nike Engage Raw 54* TT S400 +0.5'
  • Cleveland RTX 588 Rotex 2.0 60* TT S400 +0.5'
  • EVNROLL 2.2 35' Super Stroke GTR 1.0