Shortest set a golfer could win a PGA Tour Event with?

NonCompetitive1

> @bscinstnct said:

> TW won the 2000 US Open with

>

> Driver, 3 wood, 2i-PW. 2 more wedges and his putter.

>

> He won by 15 at -12.

>

> 10 guys finished +3-+7

>

> So, TW shot -12 on a course nobody could even get closer than 3 shots to par.

>

> Plus that leaves 100+ guys he beat by 20 shots or more!

>

> You could even say that it’s like if TW shot par...and all those 100+ guys shot 80! Or worse.

>

> And TW used to go around beating the crap out of everybody like that all the time.

>

> Could he do it with 4 clubs? No.

>

> 8? Driver, 2, 4, 6, 8, pw, sw, putter. I think so.

>

Was thinking of you with "Tiger is so yesterday" - I still expect him to win no more than two more majors. ;-)

• Like 1

> @Hawkeye77 said:

> > @dlygrisse said:

> > Two of the greatest shot makers ever playing 9 with one club. At the Old Course, which would be much more conducive than most modern American courses. I believe they shot 38 and 40.

> >

>

> Have seen that before! Awesome and fun.

>

> Tiger is so yesterday, but they are transcendent!

Bet they would have shot par, or broken it..with 4.

Kinda my point.

> @"b.helts" said:

> > @BMC said:

> > Champ just won. With his distance, he's hitting very short irons on almost every hole.

> > Driver, 7 iron, wedge of choice, and putter and he could shoot under par, easily.

>

> A couple years ago I shot 68 at my home club (at the time) in our 5 club tournament. But that proves literally nothing, pertaining to this thread or anything else.

Oh it does. It proves that 14 club bag is practically a marketing gimmick. Golf is a business. If you shot 68 with 5 then you have no business ever carrying more than that. I believe most players need 7 maximum and 4 minimum. A few players need more or can play with less. But the 14 club thing is mostly BS to squeeze money out of us all I believe.

> @Hawkeye77 said:

> > @bscinstnct said:

> > TW won the 2000 US Open with

> >

> > Driver, 3 wood, 2i-PW. 2 more wedges and his putter.

> >

> > He won by 15 at -12.

> >

> > 10 guys finished +3-+7

> >

> > So, TW shot -12 on a course nobody could even get closer than 3 shots to par.

> >

> > Plus that leaves 100+ guys he beat by 20 shots or more!

> >

> > You could even say that it’s like if TW shot par...and all those 100+ guys shot 80! Or worse.

> >

> > And TW used to go around beating the crap out of everybody like that all the time.

> >

> > Could he do it with 4 clubs? No.

> >

> > 8? Driver, 2, 4, 6, 8, pw, sw, putter. I think so.

> >

> Was thinking of you with "Tiger is so yesterday" - I still expect him to win no more than two more majors. ;-)

Ha! I never thought he’d break that jinx at 14. Maybe one more!

Meantime,

Tiger ready to start practicing after knee surgery,

https://www.pgatour.com/news/2019/09/28/tiger-woods-cleared-full-practice-following-knee-surgery.html

“Now I can start lifting and getting my muscle back and getting my weight up and doing all that stuff again,” Woods said in the interview.”

Lol! Yeah, TW, go hit some deadlifts ; )

> @dlygrisse said:

> > @NonCompetitive1 said:

> > > @dlygrisse said:

> > > > @NonCompetitive1 said:

> > > > > @Hawkeye77 said:

> > > > > > @NonCompetitive1 said:

> > > > > > I got thinking about the shortest set that would have a chance winning a PGA Tour Event. The golfer would be Woods.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > In terms of Tiger - he would be at his peak as a player. The question is if Tiger Woods played perfect (or near perfect) golf for 4 rounds (which he did do during his career) then how many clubs would he need to win?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Let's say he plays with the big dog if he's playing his best golf. I'm thinking..

> > > > > >

> > > > > > 1 wood (driver)

> > > > > > 5 iron

> > > > > > 50 degree wedge

> > > > > > Putter

> > > > > >

> > > > > > 4 clubs and he gets the W playing perfect golf on the right course. Course dependant that 50 degree wedge may have to be a 9 iron or 8 iron.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Thoughts?

> > > > >

> > > > > Never.

> > > >

> > > > Awesome rebuttal! A real eye opener for us all!

> > > >

> > > > > @"b.helts" said:

> > > > > > @"Blade Junkie" said:

> > > > > > Elite players can flat out play golf with pretty much anything. I'd bet money that prime Woods could knock it stiff from 110,120,130,140,150,160,170 and 180 with a 7-iron. Most modern golfers are all indoctrinated by the technology into having a full-swing different club for whatever shot they are presented with. Very seldom do you see any 1/2 or 3/4 swings any more ...

> > > > > > Give Tiger 7 clubs and I think he could have won no problem. Harry Vardon won 6 Opens with 7 clubs ... similarly Ted Ray was such a long hitter that anything inside 170 yards was "niblick" (his most lofted iron), with various length of swings depending on what he had left to the green.

> > > > >

> > > > > Of course Tiger can knock it stiff with a 7 iron from all those yardages. But average distance from the hole at all those yardages except maybe 170 and 180 are going to be significantly worse than any card carrying PGA Tour pro over the course of a tournament. If that weren’t the case we’d see players carving 7 irons in from 120 all the time. But we simply don’t see that.

> > > > > Harry Vardon and Ted Ray were great players. But they aren’t germane to this conversation.

> > > >

> > > > It's not optimal that's why for an average player. Prime Woods was good enough to do it if he wanted. With a short set it would be a question of wanting to and needing too. Woods was so competitive he would have had the desire to pull the W even with the shortest of sets aka 4 clubs. For anyone to suggest Tiger needs more than 7 to win an event in his prime, that's a little cheeky in my eyes. It's severely insulting his ability as a player. If anything his competitive animal side might have come out even more with a short set and he would have potentially have won even more just carrying 11 or 12 clubs. Hey look, I'm here all week. It's just an opinion like we already said. Quite an interesting point.

> > > >

> > > > I do wonder what Tiger would have shot in tin cup mode on a course that wasn't silly long. Just walking around with a 7 iron and putting with it. Maybe he could have made a cut or two in red hot mode, but that's another debate entirely.

> > >

> > > Your post is so full of conjecture, BS and hyperbole I don’t know where to start.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Think what you like. It's a fair post. Woods was a great player. Looks like you and Hawkeye want to ruin a good thread. Everyone else took it in good spirit. Interesting.

> >

> > FYI some personality types clash. When you accept it then you can healthily debate with everyone. Everyone has a different opinion, that's what life is about.

> >

> >

>

> No, just keeping it real. Your hero worship is clouding your logic. Could Tiger play the average golf course with 5 clubs under par. Sure. Almost every time. Could he do it in a tour event? In his prime? On occasion sure. Could he in US open conditions? It would be tough, even if on his game. That’s the point I think B. helts is making. And by the way, rumor has it he might know a thing or two about high level competition. ?

He might be your hero, he certainly isn't mine. He only had to shoot par to win by shots at Pebble in 2000 and I think he could have shot even par with 4 clubs in that form. That's just my opinion. Helts might be a good player, but he may be letting his own ability cloud his judgement earlier in the thread. The fact he shot 68 with 5 clubs says a lot, that Prime Woods could have carried less clubs and shot a comfortably better score on the same course playing his best golf that day. If he really thinks this through he'd realise the thread is less crazy than it seems, but I think he already knows that. Maybe he should imagine playing his best golf possible 4 days straight with 4 or 5 clubs at Pebble in 2000. Then imagine prime Woods doing it who was playing otherworldly golf. Personally I don't think losing almost all the set and playing with 4 is that much a disadvantage for 2000 tiger. He was a mental machine and physical one too, one of a kind player and if you've seen some of his demos to crowd he could shape the ball and hit knock downs at will. Just my 2c.

> @bscinstnct said:

> > @Hawkeye77 said:

> > > @bscinstnct said:

> > > TW won the 2000 US Open with

> > >

> > > Driver, 3 wood, 2i-PW. 2 more wedges and his putter.

> > >

> > > He won by 15 at -12.

> > >

> > > 10 guys finished +3-+7

> > >

> > > So, TW shot -12 on a course nobody could even get closer than 3 shots to par.

> > >

> > > Plus that leaves 100+ guys he beat by 20 shots or more!

> > >

> > > You could even say that it’s like if TW shot par...and all those 100+ guys shot 80! Or worse.

> > >

> > > And TW used to go around beating the crap out of everybody like that all the time.

> > >

> > > Could he do it with 4 clubs? No.

> > >

> > > 8? Driver, 2, 4, 6, 8, pw, sw, putter. I think so.

> > >

> > Was thinking of you with "Tiger is so yesterday" - I still expect him to win no more than two more majors. ;-)

>

> Ha! I never thought he’d break that jinx at 14. Maybe one more!

>

> Meantime,

>

> Tiger ready to start practicing after knee surgery,

>

> https://www.pgatour.com/news/2019/09/28/tiger-woods-cleared-full-practice-following-knee-surgery.html

>

> “Now I can start lifting and getting my muscle back and getting my weight up and doing all that stuff again,” Woods said in the interview.”

>

> Lol! Yeah, TW, go hit some deadlifts ; )

>

>

>

I cringe at those comments. Deadlifts for golf..lol

As others have said 2000 Tiger could win with 4 clubs against the 2000 field. But how often could he do it. If he played 20 tournaments in a year he might win once, maybe twice, and no majors. And he would have to putt great because he’s not going to stiff too many approaches with only a 5 iron and wedge to choose from.

> @dlygrisse said:

> Two of the greatest shot makers ever playing 9 with one club. At the Old Course, which would be much more conducive than most modern American courses. I believe they shot 38 and 40.

> https://youtu.be/

Two caveats. If there is a course that is amenable to being played with one club it is the Old Course. Secondly, what would they have shot with a full set? 34 and 36 instead of 38 and 40? Meaning they gave up at least 4 shots on 9 holes or 32 shots over 72 holes. Not to down play their accomplishment. Just saying it’s too much of a handicap.

That’s the other thing to consider in the Tiger 4 club scenario. I have no doubt he could shoot some amazing scores. How often could he do it 4 rounds in a row to win tournaments?

> @dalehead said:

> > @dlygrisse said:

> > Two of the greatest shot makers ever playing 9 with one club. At the Old Course, which would be much more conducive than most modern American courses. I believe they shot 38 and 40.

> > https://youtu.be/

>

> Two caveats. If there is a course that is amenable to being played with one club it is the Old Course. Secondly, what would they have shot with a full set? 34 and 36 instead of 38 and 40? Meaning they gave up at least 4 shots on 9 holes or 32 shots over 72 holes. Not to down play their accomplishment. Just saying it’s too much of a handicap.

I believe that’s the point that dlygrisse was making. That it’s too much of a handicap to not have a full bag. At the highest levels a guy hitting a stock iron shot is going to wipe the floor with the dude trying to saw off two clubs more.

> @dalehead said:

> > @dlygrisse said:

> > https://youtu.be/

>

> Two caveats. If there is a course that is amenable to being played with one club it is the Old Course. Secondly, what would they have shot with a full set? 34 and 36 instead of 38 and 40? Meaning they gave up at least 4 shots on 9 holes or 32 shots over 72 holes. Not to down play their accomplishment. Just saying it’s too much of a handicap.

It's funny Lee Travino has been mentioned here a few times, even as a dig at me for some weird reason. The guy that thinks the average golfer would play better golf just using 7 iron and putter - so it makes it kinda ironic. Says it all. I agree, give them driver and putter too and we're talking. With 3 clubs at the old course and in red hot form Travino would probably give Travino with 14 clubs a run for his money. in fact I'd wager if the match up got played 100 times that the 3 club Travino would win a handful at least he was very innovative as a player.

> @"b.helts" said:

> > @dalehead said:

> > > @dlygrisse said:

> > > Two of the greatest shot makers ever playing 9 with one club. At the Old Course, which would be much more conducive than most modern American courses. I believe they shot 38 and 40.

> > > https://youtu.be/

> >

> > Two caveats. If there is a course that is amenable to being played with one club it is the Old Course. Secondly, what would they have shot with a full set? 34 and 36 instead of 38 and 40? Meaning they gave up at least 4 shots on 9 holes or 32 shots over 72 holes. Not to down play their accomplishment. Just saying it’s too much of a handicap.

>

> I believe that’s the point that dlygrisse was making. That it’s too much of a handicap to not have a full bag. At the highest levels a guy hitting a stock iron shot is going to wipe the floor with the dude trying to saw off two clubs more.

1 club is in no way comparable to 4. 4 clubs is enough to play your best golf. Anything less and it gets complicated. That's my opinion. There's a reason you got 68 with 5 clubs. 5 clubs isn't as much of a handicap as you think. If you got this good already without a mental game like mine, then imagine how good you are going to be when you get to my mental level! Haha. 2000 Woods at Pebble was probably the best mental player that ever lived. If someone was going to take the house down with 4 clubs it was him.

Of course, it's prime Tiger we are talking about too. If you had to bet your house on 4 club tiger vs the field at pebble in 2000 then you'd have a difficult bet in hindsight. If we had to go back in time and get Tiger to select his best 4 clubs personally - got out there and play (and he wouldn't dunk one in the water either on 18 RND 2, so the buffer would be greater. Plus he'd probably get even more in the zone putting) then honestly I think Tiger is the favourite pre-tourney with just 4 in the bag. Sounds crazy, but he's edging the favourite tag - just.

> @"b.helts" said:

> lol!! Still lovin’ it!

Competition golf is pure attrition, nothing is comparable - you must know that already with what you are shooting. Just wondering, what do you play off if you shot 68 with 5?

> @NonCompetitive1 said:

> > @bscinstnct said:

> > > @Hawkeye77 said:

> > > > @bscinstnct said:

> > > > TW won the 2000 US Open with

> > > >

> > > > Driver, 3 wood, 2i-PW. 2 more wedges and his putter.

> > > >

> > > > He won by 15 at -12.

> > > >

> > > > 10 guys finished +3-+7

> > > >

> > > > So, TW shot -12 on a course nobody could even get closer than 3 shots to par.

> > > >

> > > > Plus that leaves 100+ guys he beat by 20 shots or more!

> > > >

> > > > You could even say that it’s like if TW shot par...and all those 100+ guys shot 80! Or worse.

> > > >

> > > > And TW used to go around beating the crap out of everybody like that all the time.

> > > >

> > > > Could he do it with 4 clubs? No.

> > > >

> > > > 8? Driver, 2, 4, 6, 8, pw, sw, putter. I think so.

> > > >

> > > Was thinking of you with "Tiger is so yesterday" - I still expect him to win no more than two more majors. ;-)

> >

> > Ha! I never thought he’d break that jinx at 14. Maybe one more!

> >

> > Meantime,

> >

> > Tiger ready to start practicing after knee surgery,

> >

> > https://www.pgatour.com/news/2019/09/28/tiger-woods-cleared-full-practice-following-knee-surgery.html

> >

> > “Now I can start lifting and getting my muscle back and getting my weight up and doing all that stuff again,” Woods said in the interview.”

> >

> > Lol! Yeah, TW, go hit some deadlifts ; )

> >

> >

> >

> I cringe at those comments. Deadlifts for golf..lol

>

I was kidding like he better not go trying to go and do a few plates. But I’d say just doing some “light” Romanian deadlifts to target hamstrings, glutes, and lower back are something he and everybody over 40 should do at least once a week. Use it or lose it ; )

As far as this argument goes, TW had an absurd level and depth in his shotmaking.

Here are a couple of comments from the players at the 2000 us open.

“Not only did he have all the shots but he hit all the shots,” Parnevik says. “He hit it high, low, right, left – every shot he hit was pretty much different from the shot before.”

“He said Woods and the rest of the field were not even in the same ballpark. “If I played out of my mind,” Els said that Sunday afternoon at the media center, “I probably still would have lost by 5, 6, 7.”

And his putting,

“Woods one-putted 12 times in his opening-round 65 (24 putts total) and would one-putt 20 of the first 38 greens despite surfaces that John Huston called the bumpiest he’d ever seen. “

“The tournament predated ShotLink, so ball-position data is not available, but it has been reported that Woods didn’t miss a putt from inside 8 feet. Furyk said he made 8-footers like they were 2-footers. “

https://www.pgatour.com/news/2019/06/10/jedi-mind-tricks-tiger-woods-2000-us-open-win-pebble-beach-golf-links.amp.html

Here’s a shot to put things in perspective,

So, I agree 4 clubs? No. But TW did some very crazy stuff out there so it’s hard to know what he could do if he put his mind to it.

> @NonCompetitive1 said

>

> > @"b.helts" said:

> > lol!! Still lovin’ it!

>

> Competition golf is pure attrition, nothing is comparable - you must know that already with what you are shooting. Just wondering, what do you play off if you shot 68 with 5?

My current index is +2.8. But I’m not that good. I haven’t been playing much, but I’m starting to work on it again.

> @"b.helts" said:

> > @NonCompetitive1 said

> >

> > > @"b.helts" said:

> > > lol!! Still lovin’ it!

> >

> > Competition golf is pure attrition, nothing is comparable - you must know that already with what you are shooting. Just wondering, what do you play off if you shot 68 with 5?

>

> My current index is +2.8. But I’m not that good. I haven’t been playing much, but I’m starting to work on it again.

>

What index would Tiger have been in 2000? Any idea? +2.8 lol...pretty good then.

> @NonCompetitive1 said:

> > @"b.helts" said:

> > > @NonCompetitive1 said

> > >

> > > > @"b.helts" said:

> > > > lol!! Still lovin’ it!

> > >

> > > Competition golf is pure attrition, nothing is comparable - you must know that already with what you are shooting. Just wondering, what do you play off if you shot 68 with 5?

> >

> > My current index is +2.8. But I’m not that good. I haven’t been playing much, but I’m starting to work on it again.

> >

>

> What index would Tiger have been in 2000? Any idea? +2.8 lol...pretty good then.

Minimum +10 index.

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/we-figured-out-tigers-handicap

**"In 2000, Tiger's Handicap never dropped below +10 the entire year," Knuth said.**

> @grm24 said:

> > > @"b.helts" said:

> > > > @NonCompetitive1 said

> > > >

> > > > > @"b.helts" said:

> > > > > lol!! Still lovin’ it!

> > > >

> > > > Competition golf is pure attrition, nothing is comparable - you must know that already with what you are shooting. Just wondering, what do you play off if you shot 68 with 5?

> > >

> > > My current index is +2.8. But I’m not that good. I haven’t been playing much, but I’m starting to work on it again.

> > >

> >

> > What index would Tiger have been in 2000? Any idea? +2.8 lol...pretty good then.

>

> Minimum +10 index.

> https://www.golfdigest.com/story/we-figured-out-tigers-handicap

> **"In 2000, Tiger's Handicap never dropped below +10 the entire year," Knuth said.**

That was my gut feeling. Glad you confirmed it for us.

• Like 1

> @bscinstnct said:

> > > @bscinstnct said:

> > > > @Hawkeye77 said:

> > > > > @bscinstnct said:

> > > > > TW won the 2000 US Open with

> > > > >

> > > > > Driver, 3 wood, 2i-PW. 2 more wedges and his putter.

> > > > >

> > > > > He won by 15 at -12.

> > > > >

> > > > > 10 guys finished +3-+7

> > > > >

> > > > > So, TW shot -12 on a course nobody could even get closer than 3 shots to par.

> > > > >

> > > > > Plus that leaves 100+ guys he beat by 20 shots or more!

> > > > >

> > > > > You could even say that it’s like if TW shot par...and all those 100+ guys shot 80! Or worse.

> > > > >

> > > > > And TW used to go around beating the crap out of everybody like that all the time.

> > > > >

> > > > > Could he do it with 4 clubs? No.

> > > > >

> > > > > 8? Driver, 2, 4, 6, 8, pw, sw, putter. I think so.

> > > > >

> > > > Was thinking of you with "Tiger is so yesterday" - I still expect him to win no more than two more majors. ;-)

> > >

> > > Ha! I never thought he’d break that jinx at 14. Maybe one more!

> > >

> > > Meantime,

> > >

> > > Tiger ready to start practicing after knee surgery,

> > >

> > > https://www.pgatour.com/news/2019/09/28/tiger-woods-cleared-full-practice-following-knee-surgery.html

> > >

> > > “Now I can start lifting and getting my muscle back and getting my weight up and doing all that stuff again,” Woods said in the interview.”

> > >

> > > Lol! Yeah, TW, go hit some deadlifts ; )

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > I cringe at those comments. Deadlifts for golf..lol

> >

>

> I was kidding like he better not go trying to go and do a few plates. But I’d say just doing some “light” Romanian deadlifts to target hamstrings, glutes, and lower back are something he and everybody over 40 should do at least once a week. Use it or lose it ; )

>

> As far as this argument goes, TW had an absurd level and depth in his shotmaking.

>

> Here are a couple of comments from the players at the 2000 us open.

>

> “Not only did he have all the shots but he hit all the shots,” Parnevik says. “He hit it high, low, right, left – every shot he hit was pretty much different from the shot before.”

>

> “He said Woods and the rest of the field were not even in the same ballpark. “If I played out of my mind,” Els said that Sunday afternoon at the media center, “I probably still would have lost by 5, 6, 7.”

>

> And his putting,

>

> “Woods one-putted 12 times in his opening-round 65 (24 putts total) and would one-putt 20 of the first 38 greens despite surfaces that John Huston called the bumpiest he’d ever seen. “

>

> “The tournament predated ShotLink, so ball-position data is not available, but it has been reported that Woods didn’t miss a putt from inside 8 feet. Furyk said he made 8-footers like they were 2-footers. “

>

> https://www.pgatour.com/news/2019/06/10/jedi-mind-tricks-tiger-woods-2000-us-open-win-pebble-beach-golf-links.amp.html

>

>

> Here’s a shot to put things in perspective,

>

>

>

> So, I agree 4 clubs? No. But TW did some very crazy stuff out there so it’s hard to know what he could do if he put his mind to it.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

This video might change your mind

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/master-2019-the-clubs-tiger-hit-on-sunday-at-augusat-in-1997-versus-what-he-hit-in-2019

The clubs he hit for his Sunday rounds in the US Masters in 1997 and 2019 easily suggest he could have got it done with a reduced number of clubs ... probably 9 or 10.

In 1997 for example, he's hit approaches on all 18 holes with just 6 clubs. Add in a putter and a couple of tee options for the longer shots, say driver, 3-wood, and we're up to 9 ...

1x 2i ; 1x 6i ; 3x 8i ; 2x 9i ; 8x PW ; 2x SW

Club for 1 hole not specified as it was a 15 yd "chip/pitch", which almost certainly was played with one of the shorter irons already mentioned, so I'm good for him using 6 irons for the whole round.

[i]"Don't play too much golf ... two rounds a day are plenty" [/i]

[b]Harry Vardon[/b] (1870-1937)

Admittedly I've been a little cheeky in the thread. I like playing devil's advocate otherwise some lurkers wouldn't post, so the thread ends up blowing up more with that. I won't post again as I've contributed enough to the thread in all ways (lol). So I'll let it take it's natural course now, but still interested in any input anyone has to say on the matter (and will be reading any future posts here in detail)

Cheers

NC

> @NonCompetitive1 said:

> > @Hawkeye77 said:

> > > @dlygrisse said:

> > > Two of the greatest shot makers ever playing 9 with one club. At the Old Course, which would be much more conducive than most modern American courses. I believe they shot 38 and 40.

> > >

> >

> > Have seen that before! Awesome and fun.

> >

> > Tiger is so yesterday, but they are transcendent!

>

> Bet they would have shot par, or broken it..with 4.

>

> Kinda my point.

No, they played an exhibition and nobody is seriously talking about someone winning a Tour event with 4 clubs (don't even think you were).

> @bscinstnct said:

> > @Shipwreck said:

> > 3w

> > 5i

> > 8i

> > 56

> > Putter

> >

> >

> > Maybe

>

> Watching the 3 wedge shots on this Top 5 Open shots and I’m thinking it really wouldn’t matter if he had all his irons. When he was “on”, he didn’t even need to hit the green ; )

>

> And the 3w there is just ridiculous.

>

>

Exactly. I mean he’s not gonna be breaking any course records but he, along with other pros, are such skilled surgeons with their clubs that while they might not be as accurate with a partial bag, they’d have no problem navigating the course with it.

TSi2 10* w/ Trono 65x set at C1

TSi2 16.5* w/ Trono 75x set at C1

TSi2 18* w/ GD Tour AD BB 7s set at C1

VEGA VDC-01 Raw 4-P w/ Modus 120S

Edel SMS 52 T Grind

Edel SMS 56 T Grind

Edel SMS 60 T Grind

LAB DF 2.1 w/ Stability Shaft

Bridgestone Tour BXS

If a tour player only gets 4 clubs, driver and a 5 iron wouldn't make the list. It'd probably be either a 3w/5w or driving iron, a short iron, a wedge and a putter..... a majority of the par 4's for these guys are a driver/3w and some form of a short iron or wedge and you can get by with that on a par 5 as well without much impact.

Taylormade Qi10 9*

Taylormade Stealth 3w

Taylormade Stealth 19* Hybrid

Taylormade Stealth 22* Hybrid

Taylormade P770  5-PW

MG2 50/54

MG3 58

TM Itsy Bitsy

> @kwcsports said:

> Anyone saying any Pro could win a PGA Tour event with 4 clubs is insane. Not happening.

We are talking about TW in 2000.

He beat pretty much the whole field by 20 shots at the 2000 US Open.

If a guy is 20 shots better than the field. He should probably drop 7 clubs just to make it fair ; )