2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

True linkswear

Warrick

2 hours ago, Liveonce said:

I’ve got a ton of Trues. Unsure about the ripstop v2. I love the style, but they are a bit narrow. Their sizing is a bit all over the place 

Very very happy w my ripstop v2, but I size up 0.5 on all of my non OG’s. 

the fs-01 came too and they’re a touch large, but I don’t want to go to my normal size bc they’re just wide enough. 

my ripstop v2’s have good width for my foot. I’m usually about a 10 EE dress shoe and 10.5 sneaker. I get my true’s 11. 

4 hours ago, fjk said:

Very very happy w my ripstop v2, but I size up 0.5 on all of my non OG’s. 

the fs-01 came too and they’re a touch large, but I don’t want to go to my normal size bc they’re just wide enough. 

my ripstop v2’s have good width for my foot. I’m usually about a 10 EE dress shoe and 10.5 sneaker. I get my true’s 11. 

I take that back. Tried them on again after a full day on my feet and I agree, the ripstop v2’s run snug in the toes. Will exchange for 11.5 but they’re out in that color…

otherwise really like the way they feel in the rest of the foot and underfoot. Best shoe from True I’ve tried so far, comfort and balance wise. 

Edited by fjk

23 hours ago, fjk said:

I take that back. Tried them on again after a full day on my feet and I agree, the ripstop v2’s run snug in the toes. Will exchange for 11.5 but they’re out in that color…

otherwise really like the way they feel in the rest of the foot and underfoot. Best shoe from True I’ve tried so far, comfort and balance wise. 

I returned my riptstop v2 for refund. But i looooved the feel and i keep wanting to give it another shot but size up 0.5. im just worried that it woulnt make a difference except having more length and not width. Please let me know if it made a difference in width for you. 

• Like 1
TS3 9.5 / TSi2 15 / Z785 / SM7

Just received and played a couple of rounds of the Lux Hybrid (Masters Azalea edition).  Can say without a doubt they are perfect--most comfortable true to fit shoes I have owned.  All the problems (lack of support, difficulty with ease of entry, heel slippage) have been solved in this model.  Was never a fan of zero drop and these have a low but normal drop.  Will probably order another pair in white or grey.

• Like 1

3 rounds in walking with the OG 1.2 and I kinda like them a good amount. Mainly cause I have zero hot spots with them when walking, my feet do have to adapt a bit more to the zero drop but they're fine the next day a bit tired coming up to 16 or 17. 

I will also say I'm quite surprised on the grip, the 3 rounds I played were all wet and maybe a slip once a round depending on lie but that blocky tread really digs into the ground and doesn't leave impressions on the green even for me who isn't light myself. 

I really, really wished the Lux Hybrid was on the Canadian site but they are not, I can order from the US site but they are out of stock in my size. Shame as they look like they would be perfect for me as long as the toe box is wide enough. 

I'll probably just grab a pair of OG Feel for when it's not wet out and I'm walking rounds. 

Lefty - WITB Thread

Driver: 10° Cobra LTDxLS | AD-IZ 6X 

3W: 15° Callaway Paradym X | AD-IZ 7X

3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: PXG 0311P 4-6 | 0317CB 7-PW | DG 120 X100

Wedges: SM9 50° - 54° - 58° 

Putter(s): Ping PLD Anser 4K | CMD Gauge R | and more. 

Ball: TP5X 2024

Bag: Ghost Katana

21 hours ago, fjk said:

I’ll be returning my Ripstop v2’s for a larger size soon.

noticed they’re all sold out of all but size 7 or 8 so if anyone wants size 11, PM me and I can pass them to you at retail. 

I only tried them on at home so they’re new. Really, really like these shoes. They nailed it. Hope next size fits. 

i can attest.. the ripstop v2 is ridiculously comfortable. Just make sure you have standard width feet lol.

• Like 1
TS3 9.5 / TSi2 15 / Z785 / SM7

10 minutes ago, cflo2382 said:

Anyone try the True Lux Tours, yet? Wondering how the width truly is on these. TRUE stepped their game up with the new releases this year but unfortunately all of them (except for the OG models) are now more narrow. New OG Tours look nice, though.

They just got a bit of a restock, ordered the staple white today, along with 2 of their new crew socks gray.

I did have to send back the knit3 for being too narrow , will see how these are.

Edited by Warrick

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T100s 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

19 minutes ago, Warrick said:

They just got a bit of a restock, ordered the staple white today, along with 2 of their new crew socks gray.

I did have to send back the knit3 for being too narrow , will see how these are.

I also had to send back the Knit3 for being too narrow. I was bummed.. But the Lux Hybrids fit me fine. I reached out via the chat widget on their site asking how the Lux Tour width compared to the Lux Hybrids. TRUE's response: "They will be about the same width as your Lux Hybrids actually!" 

Edited by cflo2382
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, cflo2382 said:

I also had to send back the Knit3 for being too narrow. I was bummed.. But the Lux Hybrids fit me fine. I reached out via the chat widget on their site asking how the Lux Tour width compared to the Lux Hybrids. TRUE's response: "They will be about the same width as your Lux Hybrids actually!" 

Hmm.  Their website shows hybrids as E-EE and lux tour as D-DD.  Odd that the Lux Pros show as D-DD and I think they fit very similar to the hybrids.

If you scroll down when viewing on their website you'll see the sizing info.  

Either way, hope you all get what you are looking for as they are all damn comfortable shoes, given fit.  Have two pairs of Lux Pros still in the box to replace my currents...but they are still going after 2+yrs of wear.  Pretty much 100% Pros and Hybrids at this point, the other pairs get less wear (Lux Sport, Knit2).  Seems like they'd discount the Pros, given the Tours but no luck yet!

Just need Wu, Kirk, or Dahmen to win something!!

• Haha 1

PING G430 LST 10* Tensei 1K Pro Orange 50S

PING G430 LST 3Wd 16.0* Fujikura XLR8 61

PING iCrossover Ventus Blue HB 7R

PING i525 4-PW Mitsubishi OTi 105 Stiff

Edel 47* TRP/54* DVR/58* DVR KBS CTaper Lite 110 Stiff

PING PLD DZB Proto

OG 1.2 is still my fav.  Love the all whites.  The new OG Tour has my eye.  Are they just as wide as the OG1.2?

• Like 1

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8*, Tensei AV White 75g
Irons: TaylorMade P790, 5-PW; Mitsubishi MMT 110g
Hybrids: Ping G425 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1, Polar BGT shaft   
Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite Midnight
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X yellow, Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

12 hours ago, WarEagleGolf said:

Hmm.  Their website shows hybrids as E-EE and lux tour as D-DD.  Odd that the Lux Pros show as D-DD and I think they fit very similar to the hybrids.

If you scroll down when viewing on their website you'll see the sizing info.  

Either way, hope you all get what you are looking for as they are all damn comfortable shoes, given fit.  Have two pairs of Lux Pros still in the box to replace my currents...but they are still going after 2+yrs of wear.  Pretty much 100% Pros and Hybrids at this point, the other pairs get less wear (Lux Sport, Knit2).  Seems like they'd discount the Pros, given the Tours but no luck yet!

Just need Wu, Kirk, or Dahmen to win something!!

Yea, I saw that on their website where it lists the Lux Tour narrower than the Lux Hybrids. I still reached out to ask because I'm trying to convince myself to try them, haha. I did order a pair of the Staple White. They look awesome and hope they fit. I'll report back once i get them in.

I ordered a pair of the Lux Tour but unfortunately they are too narrow for me. They shoes looked great and the leather was high quality. I'm hoping for a restock of the Tour Hybrid soon since they are supposed to be wider. 

Ping G425 10.5 Graphite Design Tour AD-TP 65x
Ping G425 5 and 7 woods with Aldila Rogue 80s
Ping G525 4 iron Project X LZ 6.5
Ping i210 5-PW Project X LZ 6.5
Ping Glide 3 50 DG S400

Vokey 54s and 58m with DG S400
Artisan Golf 0217 

My dad's just getting into golf. Found a great deal at Nordstrom Rack for the All Day Knit II's. He tried them for our round Monday and seemed to have liked them. Does anyone game those and have any good experience with them? 

Driver: Nike VRS Covert

Woods: Nike VRS Covert 3 Wood, Nike SQ Machspeed 7 Wood

Irons: Maltby STI-2 4-9

Wedges: Miura 46º Nike VR Forged 52°, 56°, 60°

Putter: Maltby PTM-5

Ball: Kirkland Signature

13 hours ago, itw419 said:

I ordered a pair of the Lux Tour but unfortunately they are too narrow for me. They shoes looked great and the leather was high quality. I'm hoping for a restock of the Tour Hybrid soon since they are supposed to be wider. 

Shoot. Not what I wanted to hear regarding the Lux Tour being too narrow. Do you own any other Trues to compare width to?

1 hour ago, cflo2382 said:

Shoot. Not what I wanted to hear regarding the Lux Tour being too narrow. Do you own any other Trues to compare width to?

Unfortunately I don't. 

Ping G425 10.5 Graphite Design Tour AD-TP 65x
Ping G425 5 and 7 woods with Aldila Rogue 80s
Ping G525 4 iron Project X LZ 6.5
Ping i210 5-PW Project X LZ 6.5
Ping Glide 3 50 DG S400

Vokey 54s and 58m with DG S400
Artisan Golf 0217 

15 hours ago, DoubleBogeyPapi said:

My dad's just getting into golf. Found a great deal at Nordstrom Rack for the All Day Knit II's. He tried them for our round Monday and seemed to have liked them. Does anyone game those and have any good experience with them? 

Have 3 pairs, favorite warm weather golf shoe.

• Like 1

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

T100s 6-G PX LZ
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

11 hours ago, cflo2382 said:

Yeah, a bit worried also, knit3 was too narrow, but they list FS-01 as same width , and those fit perfect, also went up .5 on the Tour, will post when they arrive.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

T100s 6-G PX LZ
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

3 minutes ago, Warrick said:

Yeah, a bit worried also, knit3 was too narrow, but they list FS-01 as same width , and those fit perfect, also went up .5 on the Tour, will post when they arrive.

Unfortunately, I'm in a size 14 with all of my previous TRUEs.. no .5's offered in the giant foot territory. We'll see what happens.

• Like 1

The new Lux Tour are no where close to as narrow as Knit3, even a bit wider than FS-01, fit perfect at 1/2 size up, width no issue, they seem to run just a hair shorter, but normal size would have probably worked also, seems like a great shoe.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

T100s 6-G PX LZ
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

5 minutes ago, Warrick said:

The new Lux Tour are no where close to as narrow as Knit3, even a bit wider than FS-01, fit perfect at 1/2 size up, width no issue, they seem to run just a hair shorter, but normal size would have probably worked also, seems like a great shoe.

I second this. Just received my pair today and they fit perfect. I do agree with what the TRUE rep said about them fitting similar to the Lux Hybrids. Great looking shoe here and relieved that they fit!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, sharkiesj said:

Crapola.  Missed out on the Happy Hour special, Tour Lux Pros for $110.  GD!

Now have all three colors, bought for $110 per pair over the last two deals they had.  All waiting, in the shoe bag for the current ones to wear out.  And it'll be a while.  The pros are amazing.  Almost impossible to pass them up at half off. 

Edited by WarEagleGolf

PING G430 LST 10* Tensei 1K Pro Orange 50S

PING G430 LST 3Wd 16.0* Fujikura XLR8 61

PING iCrossover Ventus Blue HB 7R

PING i525 4-PW Mitsubishi OTi 105 Stiff

Edel 47* TRP/54* DVR/58* DVR KBS CTaper Lite 110 Stiff

PING PLD DZB Proto