2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

True linkswear

Warrick

I have the lux sports and like them but I wouldn't even consider wearing them in wet conditions, maybe in light rain if it were dry out to start.  The mesh/knit is going to get saturated immediately and whatever liner is keeping the water out wont be able to last long.  It's one thing if it's dry and starts raining and you are riding.... but if the ground is already soaked and you are walking, forget about it.  Wear leather.  Ecco/goretex is the best for me and I'm often playing early in the dew and walking...you'll find out quickly which shoes are actually waterproof in those conditions.

1 minute ago, ode said:

I have the lux sports and like them but I wouldn't even consider wearing them in wet conditions, maybe in light rain if it were dry out to start.  The mesh/knit is going to get saturated immediately and whatever liner is keeping the water out wont be able to last long.  It's one thing if it's dry and starts raining and you are riding.... but if the ground is already soaked and you are walking, forget about it.  Wear leather.  Ecco/goretex is the best for me and I'm often playing early in the dew and walking...you'll find out quickly which shoes are actually waterproof in those conditions.

Then they shouldn't be selling waterproof shoes with a 2 year warranty. Can't be good for business to make waterproof shoes that aren't really waterproof as you're saying...and then turning around and sending another pair free to people who make a claim. 

Callaway Paradym 9*
TaylorMade SiM Max Rocket 14*

Srixon ZX 2 hybrid 16* and 4 hybrid 22*
Srixon ZX7 MKII 5-PW
Cleveland RTX ZipCore6 50, 54, 58
Evnroll EV5.1 with Stability Tour Black
Titleist ProV1X
Bushnell Pro XE Rangefinder | Garmin Approach S70 Watch

8 minutes ago, bhj83 said:

Then they shouldn't be selling waterproof shoes with a 2 year warranty. Can't be good for business to make waterproof shoes that aren't really waterproof as you're saying...and then turning around and sending another pair free to people who make a claim. 

Meh.. its the same thing with other companies that sell shoes with waterproof warranties.  They are playing the odds they will get worn a few times a year, and/or they are riders which most are, and or fair weather golfers which most are.  Any avid walker can tell you that NO shoe will hold up for two years after repeated use in dew/wet conditions.  Must use proper care and rotate otherwise they will fail.  It's nothing against true as I've been a long time fan but I will not wear a mesh/knit in dew/saturated ground when walking.  That's not why I bought the Lux Sport.  I bought them for dry rounds and comfort. 

14 hours ago, ode said:

Meh.. its the same thing with other companies that sell shoes with waterproof warranties.  They are playing the odds they will get worn a few times a year, and/or they are riders which most are, and or fair weather golfers which most are.  Any avid walker can tell you that NO shoe will hold up for two years after repeated use in dew/wet conditions.  Must use proper care and rotate otherwise they will fail.  It's nothing against true as I've been a long time fan but I will not wear a mesh/knit in dew/saturated ground when walking.  That's not why I bought the Lux Sport.  I bought them for dry rounds and comfort. 

This may be splitting hairs, but any boot style golf shoe that I've owned (Adidas mid, Footjoy, Nike) easily handles a couple hundred walking rounds in the wet. I have over 100 walking rounds on the S2G Adidas boot and it's nowhere near end of life. These are worn from November through May in the Seattle area and are constantly in standing water. Once the water subsides, I'll be wearing my OG1.2's and then the Knit2's once its summer.

• Like 1

Mizuno STZ Driver

Titleist TS3 3W

Titleist TS3 5W

Titleist TS2 21H

Mizuno JPX919HMP 5i-9i,PW

Vokey SM9 50.12F

Vokey SM8 56.12D (Bent to 54)

Vokey SM8 58.12D

Odyssey DFX #7

8 hours ago, thezinfan said:

This may be splitting hairs, but any boot style golf shoe that I've owned (Adidas mid, Footjoy, Nike) easily handles a couple hundred walking rounds in the wet. I have over 100 walking rounds on the S2G Adidas boot and it's nowhere near end of life. These are worn from November through May in the Seattle area and are constantly in standing water. Once the water subsides, I'll be wearing my OG1.2's and then the Knit2's once its summer.

Yes, I realize there are exceptions to what I said.....those shoes/boot style are it.  When I first started playing golf I never wore golf shoes and wore rubber over shoes over my skateboard style shoes in the a.m. dew🙃

Edited by ode

Can anyone chime in on which models offer the most heel padding/comfort? Im pretty sure I have something called haglunds deformity where the bone on the back of my heel area sticks out further than normal and causes serious blisters. Shoes that have some sort of heel lock or heel pocket have always worked best for me. Thanks in advance 

1 hour ago, tastywaves said:

Can anyone chime in on which models offer the most heel padding/comfort? Im pretty sure I have something called haglunds deformity where the bone on the back of my heel area sticks out further than normal and causes serious blisters. Shoes that have some sort of heel lock or heel pocket have always worked best for me. Thanks in advance 

Have attached photos of both the Lux Hybrid and the FS-01.  Each of them has a neoprene heel cup that works really well in my opinion.  Have worn socks with each of these pairs of shoes that would be “eaten” by my other golf shoes.  I would say that the FS-01 has a little more of a padded feel to it, but the Lux Hybrids are my favorites for walking.

64A1894B-4070-4F14-96EB-27A80A523DF2.jpeg

C20D4600-46A3-424E-A9DD-DCAB2EFF84D5.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tastywaves said:

I have that or a similar issue. I've found the OG1.2's to be really comfy on my heels. No blister issues.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Mizuno STZ Driver

Titleist TS3 3W

Titleist TS3 5W

Titleist TS2 21H

Mizuno JPX919HMP 5i-9i,PW

Vokey SM9 50.12F

Vokey SM8 56.12D (Bent to 54)

Vokey SM8 58.12D

Odyssey DFX #7

• 4 weeks later...

Just a shout out to True's customer service. Had a pair of OG Sports I bought last fall that my feet were wet in after a wet tournament this past weekend. Sent them the info they requested, picked out a different pair as none left in my size. Should have a pair of OG 1.2 showing up soon. Going to buy another pair for dry summertime now. I have developed a shoe problem apparently 

• Like 2

4 new drops for VIP, Lux Tour looks awesome, but pricey.

FS-01 is my current favorite, picked up the last pair of white in stock in my size, 10% discount helped.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T100s 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

3 minutes ago, sharkiesj said:

Did you pick up any Lux Tours for $149 on their Happy Hour a while ago?

Those were Lux Pros, the previous model, weren't they? 

• Like 1

Callaway Paradym 9*
TaylorMade SiM Max Rocket 14*

Srixon ZX 2 hybrid 16* and 4 hybrid 22*
Srixon ZX7 MKII 5-PW
Cleveland RTX ZipCore6 50, 54, 58
Evnroll EV5.1 with Stability Tour Black
Titleist ProV1X
Bushnell Pro XE Rangefinder | Garmin Approach S70 Watch

10 minutes ago, sharkiesj said:

Did you pick up any Lux Tours for $149 on their Happy Hour a while ago?

Tour was just put up today for VIP, have not tried the Pro, wear Lux sport when wet

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T100s 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

9 hours ago, fjk said:

Curious about the new ripstops. The v1 were kinda ugly but the new ones look great. But not sure about wool liner in socal.

I actually wear my all day knit 2's ... all day lol. They're a little too flexible for my golf swing so I just wear them around daily. The rip stops seem appropriate for dual use too.

I bought the new ripstops v2 few days after launched.  They are some of the most comfortable shoes I have worn. No break in. 

I had to return them though because they felt narrow and I knew i wouldn’t be able to bear it for 18. I don’t have wide feet but I am on the border of regular and wide. So I guess you could say the rip stop v2 runs slightly narrower.

but if you have narrow/regular feet, they are some of the most comfortable running shoe like golf shoe I have worn. A true daily on/off course shoe. I am contemplating  order one size up, but not sure they would just run longer and not wider. Not sure what to do cause I wanted to love them. 

TS3 9.5 / TSi2 15 / Z785 / SM7

5 minutes ago, bunta said:

I bought the new ripstops v2 few days after launched.  They are some of the most comfortable shoes I have worn. No break in. 

I had to return them though because they felt narrow and I knew i wouldn’t be able to bear it for 18. I don’t have wide feet but I am on the border of regular and wide. So I guess you could say the rip stop v2 runs slightly narrower.

but if you have narrow/regular feet, they are some of the most comfortable running shoe like golf shoe I have worn. A true daily on/off course shoe. I am contemplating  order one size up, but not sure they would just run longer and not wider. Not sure what to do cause I wanted to love them. 

I go 0.5 up on all my non OG trues. I’m usually an E-EE. 

1 hour ago, fjk said:

I go 0.5 up on all my non OG trues. I’m usually an E-EE. 

I contemplated on ordering 0.5. But when I was looking at the shoe itself in front of me, I felt like it would just run longer and not provide me with that slightly extra width. But then again, I don’t know jack sh*t bout making a shoe lol. 

I might just size up and see what happens. I really did love the shoe. 

Edited by bunta
TS3 9.5 / TSi2 15 / Z785 / SM7

50 minutes ago, bunta said:

I contemplated on ordering 0.5. But when I was looking at the shoe itself in front of me, I felt like it would just run longer and not provide me with that slightly extra width. But then again, I don’t know jack sh*t bout making a shoe lol. 

I might just size up and see what happens. I really did love the shoe. 

Agree with your concern. I did end up 0.5 up when I ordered both sizes and the extra width or placement of the width was enough for the footbed to be comfortable. 

but for some models the overall fit was looser. I have knit 2s, lux sport, lux hybrid, and lux knit. They’re all a little different in fit but width was decent for me in all of them. 

Walked my first 18 with the OG1.2 and what a perfect day to test them out in the rain. I got these used and did use them in the simulator a few times but never outside.

Feet were dry for 18 holes, never really slipped, maybe once but that was in a muddy lie. Feet are a touch sore but I think that's just the zero drop, no hot spots which is an issue for me. Yeah so all in all I kinda like these as a walking option, still not a fan of a clown shoe look with the white OG1.2s.

Definitely think a pair of the OG Feel's will look better in general and be nice for walking rounds in the summer. The OG1.2 may just sit in my truck for rain rounds. Also the Lux Hybrid look really interesting as well to my eye, maybe grab those at some point as another walking option with some cushion.

Lefty - WITB Thread

Driver: 10° Cobra LTDxLS | AD-IZ 6X 

3W: 15° Callaway Paradym X | AD-IZ 7X

3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: PXG 0311P 4-6 | 0317CB 7-PW | DG 120 X100

Wedges: SM9 50° - 54° - 58° 

Putter(s): Ping PLD Anser 4K | CMD Gauge R | and more. 

Ball: TP5X 2024

Bag: Ghost Katana