True linkswear

Warrick

11 hours ago, Minarets said:

The new model looks good and sounds to be more cushioned than traditional Trues. 

I ordered the white ones the other day, will post feedback when they arrive.

• Like 1

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T100s 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

Made an error in my earlier question, I forgot I ordered the Lux Sport and not the Pro. 

My 9's arrived today and they're headed back to exchange for 9.5. For anyone with a solid FJ size, go 1/2 up for the Lux Sport. The shoes look fantastic though!

TSR2 8*, Diamana BG 60TX

TSR1 15*, Diamana BF 80TX

TSR1 20°, Atmos TS Blue HB 8x 
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

JPX 923 Forged  5-P, DG120 X100
RTX6  50, 54, 58 MID (AMT White X100)
Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

5 pocket vs lululemon abc:

the True are:

1. thinner material

2. Slightly less tech feeling/more matte 

3. Skinnier

4. stretchier

5. longer for the same 32” inseam, by like 2”. But have a reflective accent on the inside, like they’re meant to be rolled up. 

overall build quality is great, ie stitching. Better than my linksoul shorts. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks

anybody have experience of the OG Premium and how the sizes come in? 

just ordered a 10.5 US (10UK apparently but a 43/44 in EU - which is a bit unusual comparison wise). Would probably have gone bigger but the 11 were sold out. 

I have very wide feet and have FJ traditions in a uk 10 wide (US11w), these are very long but wide enough whereas the regular 10 was a bit tight width wise. 

annoyingly TL give you a foot length measurement down to the millimetre then tell you to size up if in doubt, I’m right on, or just below, that measurement  for the size I ordered 🤬

any thoughts appreciated; obviously I could just wait until they arrive but a bit concerned. 

4 hours ago, fjk said:

Any updates? I worry they fit non-wide. 

knit 2 and lux sport fit me well but many brands I get EE. 

No, supposed to ship late this week, early next, was a pre order

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

T100s 6-G PX LZ
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

On 11/28/2022 at 9:53 PM, 5nowflake said:

Hi folks

anybody have experience of the OG Premium and how the sizes come in? 

just ordered a 10.5 US (10UK apparently but a 43/44 in EU - which is a bit unusual comparison wise). Would probably have gone bigger but the 11 were sold out. 

I have very wide feet and have FJ traditions in a uk 10 wide (US11w), these are very long but wide enough whereas the regular 10 was a bit tight width wise. 

annoyingly TL give you a foot length measurement down to the millimetre then tell you to size up if in doubt, I’m right on, or just below, that measurement  for the size I ordered 🤬

any thoughts appreciated; obviously I could just wait until they arrive but a bit concerned. 

replying to my own post in case it helps anyone. 

OG premium in US10.5 arrived and, as I feared, far too small. 

the quality of the leather and shoes in general is excellent but they really aren’t that wide, substantially narrower than the US11w in FJ traditions. 

I reckon the US11.5 would fit me so that’s a slight improvement on “normal” shoes but, for a company in the “natural shape, zero drop” market I expect a shape more like Altra or Vivobarefoot. 

To be fair, it may just be the anomalies in the numbers I alluded to in my first post -the most common conversion is

US 11 = UK10 = EU44/45 

Whereas these claim

US10.5 = UK10 = EU43/44

So maybe these are really just a UK 9-9.5? 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/28/2022 at 6:38 PM, fjk said:

Any updates? I worry they fit non-wide. 

knit 2 and lux sport fit me well but many brands I get EE. 

Came in today, fit perfect in my normal size. Lux Sport and Knit 2, are my go to. I have to get wide in Nike, FJ.

505032D8-1D3E-4644-B44B-E021C22C819D.jpeg

4B5B1B10-54CA-439D-B4C7-618FA31F4258.jpeg

739CEA73-1A60-4618-B164-729F0A78C6C7.jpeg

• Like 2

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

T100s 6-G PX LZ
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

• Like 2

Ping G430 LST 7.5 Ventus TR Black 7X

Ping G430 LST 3 wood Ventus TR Blue 8X

TM GAPR Lo 17° KBS Graphite X

Ping Blueprint S KBS C Taper S+

Ping S159 49/54/59

TT DG TI S400

Ping PLD 2D

7 hours ago, USMgolfer1 said:

Just got these in today as well. First pair I’ve had since the OG Tours and Stealths a decade ago. Not as cushioned as I remember the others being but still more comfortable than anything else I’ve worn this year (premiere, Infinity Next%, Codechaos). New heel tab is very comfortable and locks my heel in better than the others as well. Been raining a bunch where I live so I hope to get out and practice in them tomorrow

I would probably agree on OG, first pair of TL I ever bought was the dead golfer OG, hadn’t worn in a while, put on the other day, wow, forgot how comfy they are.

I dig the clean basic style of the FS-01, will get time on course this winter also, heading to California first week of February for a week of golf

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

T100s 6-G PX LZ
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking for longer term reviews of the Original 1.2 and the Lux Pro.

I primarily walk and I found that my Adidas were likely causing my feet some pain this year. Traditionally I use a spiked shoe because I like the most traction, so I'm hesitant to buy these but I'm looking for something that fits my foot better.

- how's the shoe holding up?

- get any weird foot pain while walking?

- ever slipped or felt unstable?

On 12/26/2022 at 4:23 PM, Z1ggy16 said:

I'm looking for longer term reviews of the Original 1.2 and the Lux Pro.

I primarily walk and I found that my Adidas were likely causing my feet some pain this year. Traditionally I use a spiked shoe because I like the most traction, so I'm hesitant to buy these but I'm looking for something that fits my foot better.

- how's the shoe holding up?

- get any weird foot pain while walking?

- ever slipped or felt unstable?

I wear lux pro...  Very wide base, so grip very well.  If I slip, it's me, not the shoes.  Never slipped while walking up and down hills, wet weather, etc.  Very stable shoes, wide footbed, narrower arch and heel.  Traction pattern is the same as all their other models and just grips so we'll. 

Have two pairs and have walked 20+ rounds in each this year. They don't wear out quickly, still have a lot of life in the tread.   We don't have alot of cart paths that I walk on, however I do wear them to the course, walk up a path to the clubhouse prior to each round, through the parking lot, etc.  Very little wear on the pair I got this year, in year two on the other pair, can tell they've been used but still look great, tread still solid.   

I have a couple pairs of different models in year 3 (maybe start of 4) finally starting to look like the grips are wearing down (still wear them, and don't have slipping issues).

The leather does eventually get those "lines" in it from the leather creasing (I guess that's what it is).  Some leather conditioner and a shoe tree, takes it right out.  

Edited by WarEagleGolf
  • Thanks 1

PING G430 LST 10* Tensei 1K Pro Orange 50S

PING G430 LST 3Wd 16.0* Fujikura XLR8 61

PING iCrossover Ventus Blue HB 7R

PING i525 4-PW Mitsubishi OTi 105 Stiff

Edel 47* TRP/54* DVR/58* DVR KBS CTaper Lite 110 Stiff

PING PLD DZB Proto

• 3 weeks later...

I have gone a little nuts on True lately, I have gotten 3 pairs in the last couple of months. 2 are Rip Stops in the navy and light grey, and they might be the most comfortable shoes (not golf shoes, just shoes) I have ever owned.

Yesterday I got a pair of Knit II in the asphalt because they were on sale and I liked the color. I especially like the white/clear sole to switch it up. I had a pair of the original knits in the bright blue "Top Golf" version that I sent back because they were tight and didn't want to risk them not stretching and not wearing them after what I paid for them. The newest version was a little snug out of the box but after half a day of wearing them, I am very happy. I have a short, wide foot but went with my normal size 8 and they are perfect. Interested to see how they hold up but I can see them getting a lot of use in rotation with the Rips. 

20230113_125447.jpg.b69b38206de15e635353e16b04ee2c3c.jpg

Edited by semarlor
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

1 minute ago, ode said:

White soles.....could we have at least one model in the line without white soles 🙏

I feel your pain on that one haha. I will say they clean up really nice with a little dish soap, water and tooth brush. 

• Like 1

Callaway Paradym 9*
TaylorMade SiM Max Rocket 14*

Srixon ZX 2 hybrid 16* and 4 hybrid 22*
Srixon ZX7 MKII 5-PW
Cleveland RTX ZipCore6 50, 54, 58
Evnroll EV5.1 with Stability Tour Black
Titleist ProV1X
Bushnell Pro XE Rangefinder | Garmin Approach S70 Watch

40 minutes ago, bhj83 said:

I feel your pain on that one haha. I will say they clean up really nice with a little dish soap, water and tooth brush. 

Too lazy🙃....I do wipe my shoes off after every round with a damp towel, as well as other proper care, letting them air/dry out, rotate, etc.  Scrubbing soles to keep them white is not happening.  It does appear the Lux Hybrid in brown/blue has a cream/off white color sole.  In my experience those mark up/discolor ~ at the same clip as white!

The Lux Sport in Green with grey sole is good enough for now.....do not need more shoes!

Edited by ode

5 hours ago, ode said:

Too lazy🙃....I do wipe my shoes off after every round with a damp towel, as well as other proper care, letting them air/dry out, rotate, etc.  Scrubbing soles to keep them white is not happening.  It does appear the Lux Hybrid in brown/blue has a cream/off white color sole.  In my experience those mark up/discolor ~ at the same clip as white!

The Lux Sport in Green with grey sole is good enough for now.....do not need more shoes!

Just received my Lux Hybrid in Brown/Blue. I am usually in between a 9.5 and a size 10. I ordered a Size 10 and they are a tight 10.  I would order 1/2 size up on these.  I have shoe trees in them now so hopefully they will stretch a little.  Very nice, lightweight waterproof(2 year) shoe.  Can't wait to walk 18 in them!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gr8blueheronbird said:

Just received my Lux Hybrid in Brown/Blue. I am usually in between a 9.5 and a size 10. I ordered a Size 10 and they are a tight 10.  I would order 1/2 size up on these.  I have shoe trees in them now so hopefully they will stretch a little.  Very nice, lightweight waterproof(2 year) shoe.  Can't wait to walk 18 in them!

Let us know how they feel.  Love True. Stocked up on Lux Sports at $79/pair and I like the looks of the new Lux Hybrid but for nearly $200 bucks it’s tough shelling out that doe for a new shoe that just seems to have a little leather on the forefoot sewn onto a Lux Sport at $79 bucks.  Huge price difference!! 

• Like 1

Got mine for $165.00 plus tax as a new True customer even though I have Trues from around 2010.  Some are still new in box but need a little more cushion from what the Sensei and True Tours provided back then. I will report on them when I get out. Much nicer than the G/Fores I just returned. 

4 hours ago, gr8blueheronbird said:

Can you post a pic......curious how the color of the sole looks in the real world.

So my grey Rip-Stops started to have the sole separate a bit on the toe of my right shoe. Reached out to True and they are sending me a new pair, no questions asked. Said to keep the first pair and even gave me some suggestions on how to repair it myself! Great service, just wanted to share that experience and why I will be a customer for many, many years. 

• Like 1