True linkswear

Warrick

On 8/26/2020 at 7:33 AM, jt2gt said:

Still lovin my original True Knits.  If anyone getting the Lux Knits has a comparison would be great to hear.  Sizing too...as original knits only came in whole sizes  Thanks, JT

Got my Lux Knits on Friday of last week and while they look amazing, they are a half size small and I’ll be sending them back to get a 10.5. This was the same thing I ended up doing with the OG Feels. For reference, I have OG Premiums, TL-01s, Knits, and Eco Knits that are all size 10 and fit great. With both the OG Feels and the Lux Knits my toes were pressing against the end of the size 10, which doesn’t happen with any of my prior True’s. 

I’m very excited to get the right size and have a shoe like this that I can wear for those morning rounds where the grass is wet and the original Knit’s (or OG Feels) just aren’t enough to keep my feet dry. 

Loving my TL-01. WAY WAY more traction than in thought I'd have. Better traction than my CodeChaos but not as comfy overall.  Great shoe tho. 

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8*, Tensei AV White 75g
Irons: TaylorMade P790, 5-PW; Mitsubishi MMT 110g
Hybrids: Ping G425 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1, Polar BGT shaft   
Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite Midnight
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X yellow, Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

5 hours ago, drn92 said:

Hey all you True Linkswear wearers... how do they fit?

i wear a 47 in Ecco and a 14 in Altra and Hoka. I’d like to try the TL01’s or the Ecoknits, but the largest size they have is 13. Id hate to order and have to send right back. 

Thanks, drn92

For me, they seem to fit the same as Footjoys.  I wear an 11 in both.  11.5 in Nike.

Srixon Zx5 MKII 9.5* Ventus Blue 6 or Lin-Q Gunmetal 6

Tour Edge Exotics E723 15* Ventus Blue 6

Tour Edge Exotics E722 18* Ventus Blue 6

Cobra King Tec 4 Utility MMT 80
PXG 0311P Gen2 5-PW MMT 80

Ping Glide 4.0 50* SS, 54* WS KBS Tour
Callaway MD PM Grind Raw 58* KBS Tour
Toulon Garage Le Mans 
Titleist AVX/ProVI

1 hour ago, drn92 said:

How does it fit?  If I remember, you and I have similar preferences and fit in shoes. Hoping a size 13 will work. 

Thanks, drn92

They fit great for me. 

On 8/27/2020 at 12:55 PM, drn92 said:

Hey all you True Linkswear wearers... how do they fit?

i wear a 47 in Ecco and a 14 in Altra and Hoka. I’d like to try the TL01’s or the Ecoknits, but the largest size they have is 13. Id hate to order and have to send right back. 

Thanks, drn92

I love the originals. It's nice wide toe box is perfect for a foot that's a bit wider. I tried the major but it didn't fit quite right. I'm on my second pair of original with getting the True OG Premium the second go around. Very happy with the extra money for the premium. 

On 8/6/2020 at 11:26 AM, dcmidnight said:

Going to cancel my Lux Knit order. My tournament season is long over by mid September and after three delays I just dont have any confidence they will even be shipping then.

Cancelled my Lux Knit order a month ago. True was super cool about it, my Amex was credited that same day.

Just got a FedEx alert that they had shipped.

(smh)

RIP TM Stealth2 10.5*  Welcome back OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Kaili Red 75s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TM P7MC 5-7 / P7MB 8-P // PXG Gen6 XP
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom / TM Spider // Left Dash

cant say enough good things about the TL-01.  i dig the low key style, but was terrified the grip wasn't going to be good enough.  these may be my preferred to play in shoe.  the CodeChaos is still the most comfy and if i walk, will be my shoe of choice.  that said, i dont care for the looks of the CodeChaos compared to the TL-01.  the TL-01 arent "not comfy" they just arent as plush as the adidas, but they have better grip than the CodeChaos.   i love these TL-01. may need to snag a gray pair too.   

Ordered in The lux knits in May.  Got shipping notification on 8/20 and fed ex lost the package.  My size is on back order to at least 9/21. Probably gonna ask for a refund.  Going down to Florida to play Streamsong with my Dad on 9/15 and was hoping to have them by then.  

Got my lux knits last week. First pair of trues for me and I'm super impressed. They look awesome. Played 36 with them and my feet still felt great. Waterproofing worked great for dew in the morning. Traction is very good also. Favorite pair of golf shoes I've ever worn!

On 8/30/2020 at 9:27 AM, ernotte said:

I love the originals. It's nice wide toe box is perfect for a foot that's a bit wider. I tried the major but it didn't fit quite right. I'm on my second pair of original with getting the True OG Premium the second go around. Very happy with the extra money for the premium. 

Well, looks like size 13 in the Ecoknit is too small. My guess is that rules out the TL-01’s also. 

I found a pair of the original Knits in 14, but if I remember correctly they had some excess fabric over the instep when I tried them. 

I might try a size 14 in one of the Originals, but I might also just stick with Ecco. I wish Ecco had something breathable with a lower drop. 

drn92

15 minutes ago, drn92 said:

Well, looks like size 13 in the Ecoknit is too small. My guess is that rules out the TL-01’s also. 

I found a pair of the original Knits in 14, but if I remember correctly they had some excess fabric over the instep when I tried them. 

I might try a size 14 in one of the Originals, but I might also just stick with Ecco. I wish Ecco had something breathable with a lower drop. 

drn92

Can't help you with sizing on the eco knits.  My Biom Hybrid 3 BOA 48 fits perfect 

42 minutes ago, Minarets said:

Can't help you with sizing on the eco knits.  My Biom Hybrid 3 BOA 48 fits perfect 

crazy how shoes fit differently. I wear a 47 in every pair of Ecco’s I’ve tried. I’d be swimming in 48’s!

Current shoes are Ecco Cage Pro Boa and they are working great. Just looking for a cheaper, more breathable option. 

drn92

1 hour ago, drn92 said:

crazy how shoes fit differently. I wear a 47 in every pair of Ecco’s I’ve tried. I’d be swimming in 48’s!

Current shoes are Ecco Cage Pro Boa and they are working great. Just looking for a cheaper, more breathable option. 

drn92

That was a fat finger on my part.  47 is what i have.  Sorry.  The TL-01 fit me perfect in a 13 

• 2 weeks later...

I decided to order the Lux Pros when they came available a couple of weeks ago. They seem to run about a half size small for me so I'll be sending them back for an exchange. The only other True shoes I have are the Linksoul Slip Ons and my usual size 9 fits perfectly so that's what I ordered. Hopefully the 9.5 will be in stock by the time they receive my return.

Callaway Paradym 9*
TaylorMade SiM Max Rocket 14*

Srixon ZX 2 hybrid 16* and 4 hybrid 22*
Srixon ZX7 MKII 5-PW
Cleveland RTX ZipCore6 50, 54, 58
Evnroll EV5.1 with Stability Tour Black
Titleist ProV1X
Bushnell Pro XE Rangefinder | Garmin Approach S70 Watch

On 9/26/2020 at 7:07 PM, howaboutme said:

All, question about sizing. I apologize if this was mentioned in the preceding pages. I'm a 9.5 both in adidas and nike. Anyone out there know if that translates to 9.5 trues too? Thanks!

Both pairs I have are true to size with my Adidas... although there are a couple styles of Adidas I wear a half size smaller - but both Trues have been identical in size (Major and Knit).

• Like 1

PING G430 LST 10* Tensei 1K Pro Orange 50S

PING G430 LST 3Wd 16.0* Fujikura XLR8 61

PING iCrossover Ventus Blue HB 7R

PING i525 4-PW Mitsubishi OTi 105 Stiff

Edel 47* TRP/54* DVR/58* DVR KBS CTaper Lite 110 Stiff

PING PLD DZB Proto

On 9/26/2020 at 5:07 PM, howaboutme said:

All, question about sizing. I apologize if this was mentioned in the preceding pages. I'm a 9.5 both in adidas and nike. Anyone out there know if that translates to 9.5 trues too? Thanks!

I think it depends on the True. I’m a 10 in Nike and a 10 in OG Premiums, TL-01, Eco Knit, and original Knits. I ordered a 10 in both the OG Feels and Lux Knits and ended up sending them both back for a 10.5, which fit great. 

• Like 1

Got the pro-lux and ran em right out for a quick nine holes walking. I love the padding, the grip, and the width in the toe box. However, I did not realize until I was out there playing in them after I had tried them on that like others have said here the instep is super low and tight, the top of the shoe pushed down where the laces are and even it worse it caused me a lot of discomfort the way it pushed down on my big toes because there wasn’t enough clearance in the shoe down by the toes, didn’t bother any of my other toes and like I said had plenty of width which is great. 

I’m still a bit optimistic, they are leather after all and I think they will stretch in the top of the toes, if they don’t that’s a shame but I will give them another try and see if I can break them in. 

I’m pretty impressed by them altogether though, very well built, maybe just a slightly weird fit?

Driver - Who knows!?

Ping G430 3W  15@14 Ventus Black 8X

Taylormade TPMC 2011 3-4 X100

Titleist 716MB 5-PW X100

Ping Glide 3.0 50, 55, 60 SS X100 50-55, S400 60

Odyssey White Hot Pro Rossie 36" CB

21 minutes ago, Wdwfreak said:

Got the pro-lux and ran em right out for a quick nine holes walking. I love the padding, the grip, and the width in the toe box. However, I did not realize until I was out there playing in them after I had tried them on that like others have said here the instep is super low and tight, the top of the shoe pushed down where the laces are and even it worse it caused me a lot of discomfort the way it pushed down on my big toes because there wasn’t enough clearance in the shoe down by the toes, didn’t bother any of my other toes and like I said had plenty of width which is great. 

I’m still a bit optimistic, they are leather after all and I think they will stretch in the top of the toes, if they don’t that’s a shame but I will give them another try and see if I can break them in. 

I’m pretty impressed by them altogether though, very well built, maybe just a slightly weird fit?

I used mine for probably 54 holes before I realized nothing was going to change and I asked for an exchange for a half size bigger. Frustrating because it's different from their other shoes and I had to pay the return shipping. But they got them out very quickly and the new ones fit perfect.

Callaway Paradym 9*

Srixon ZX7 MKII 5-PW
Titleist ProV1X

Are the pro-lux made out of the same leather material as the OG's?

I ask because my white OG's paint on the leather peels BAD. like real BAD. The pro-lux looks great but I the paint pealing has me worried to order a pair.

Edited by Austincountyag

2 hours ago, bhj83 said:

I used mine for probably 54 holes before I realized nothing was going to change and I asked for an exchange for a half size bigger. Frustrating because it's different from their other shoes and I had to pay the return shipping. But they got them out very quickly and the new ones fit perfect.

yikes, that’s what I’m worried about, to go up a half size I’m concerned my heel is going to start slipping. Going to try to give it a little more time. 

Driver - Who knows!?

Ping G430 3W  15@14 Ventus Black 8X

Taylormade TPMC 2011 3-4 X100

Titleist 716MB 5-PW X100

Ping Glide 3.0 50, 55, 60 SS X100 50-55, S400 60

Odyssey White Hot Pro Rossie 36" CB

• 3 weeks later...

Question regarding True's Zero Drop vs Transitional Drop.

I prefer to walk most of the time and am looking for shoes that will help alleviate heel pain. I've been getting what seems to be planar fasciitis-like symptoms on one of my feet after rounds. Admittedly I've been wearing cheaper version golf shoes. In doing research regarding True's, they have the zero and transitional drops. I've read that having a slight rise in the heel may be better for people with heel pain vs zero/thin soles. Has anyone had personal experience of these shoes helping w/ heel pain? I like the True's for a lot of reasons, one of which is the wide toe box as I have wide feet and the fact that it gets uniformly great reviews from walkers.

Thoughts?

Anyone else order the newly released Knit II today? I went ahead and picked up a pair. Got on chat with them and asked which size I should order since the Slip On and Lux Pro fit differently and he told me I should be good with 9 (my usual size) since they don't fit as tight as the Lux Pro (I had to exchange my 9 for a 9.5). Also, just in case it's not well known you can use code WALK10 for 10% off. $125.10 out the door for my pair today. 

• Thanks 1

Callaway Paradym 9*

Srixon ZX7 MKII 5-PW
Titleist ProV1X