2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

True linkswear

Warrick

5 hours ago, Liveonce said:

About to give up on Trues. Customer service is phenomenal, however inconsistent sizing, inconsistent fit, product arriving with slight imperfections (if you’re going to charge $200 for a shoe it should be flawless). I spend more time at the post office shipping back then I do wearing them. 

Agree with inconsistency. I have the same shoe in different colors and they’re not the same fit. Across models I fluctuate sizes too. 

Slight imperfections maybe - nothing different than FJ or Nike or other big brands at $200. I agree we should be able to expect more. 

To me, I’d overlook it to support a small, golf focused company. Customer service has been excellent as you sat and cant say the same for larger companies. Or smaller ones either. 

On 7/2/2023 at 12:08 PM, DeacLaw05 said:

Sounds like if you have a size that fits well in the Lux Hybrid, that same size would work well in the Lux Tour?  The Hybrids offer the best combination of performance and walking comfort of any shoe I have ever worn, so I am pretty intrigued by the Tours.

I found this to be the case for me. But, I also wear size 14 from them so I'm not sure how much the larger overall size impacts fit across these two models.

9 hours ago, cflo2382 said:

Tempted to give the Knit3 another try and just replacing the insole with a thinner one to create some more width. Really need a breathable golf shoe and wanted to stay with TRUE for it.. Anyone try this?

Ripstop v2 is pretty nice. Maybe not as breathable but still pretty thin and breathable. 

I loved the look and feel of the True Lux Pro but the fit wasn’t good. I hope the Lux Hybrid are a bit wider …..

Ping G425 10.5 Graphite Design Tour AD-TP 65x
Ping G425 5 and 7 woods with Aldila Rogue 80s
Ping G525 4 iron Project X LZ 6.5
Ping i210 5-PW Project X LZ 6.5
Ping Glide 3 50 DG S400

Vokey 54s and 58m with DG S400
Artisan Golf 0217 

22 minutes ago, itw419 said:

I loved the look and feel of the True Lux Pro but the fit wasn’t good. I hope the Lux Hybrid are a bit wider …..

Update if you try them, I tried the Lux and way to narrow, I assume Lux Pro same fit. Lux Hybrid look to be a better option. 

• Like 1

Lefty - WITB Thread

Driver: 10° Cobra LTDxLS | AD-IZ 6X 

3W: 15° Callaway Paradym X | AD-IZ 7X

3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: PXG 0311P 4-6 | 0317CB 7-PW | DG 120 X100

Wedges: SM9 50° - 54° - 58° 

Putter(s): Ping PLD Anser 4K | CMD Gauge R | and more. 

Ball: TP5X 2024

Bag: Ghost Katana

Tour Lux Pros for $126.  Awesome deal, not as good as the Happy Hour special at $110 but good enough for me.  At that price, it’s a better shoe than the Knit 3’s, which are not waterproof.  I have the knit II’s and never wear them on the course.  Even in the summer, the course’s can sometimes be very wet from watering.  

1 minute ago, sharkiesj said:

Tour Lux Pros for $126.  Awesome deal, not as good as the Happy Hour special at $110 but good enough for me.  At that price, it’s a better shoe than the Knit 3’s, which are not waterproof.  I have the knit II’s and never wear them on the course.  Even in the summer, the course’s can sometimes be very wet from watering.  

I got some for $88.20! What a steal!

Screenshot_20230711-140607.png.4665de7efb7af5b647e9f5605cad62e1.png

Callaway Paradym 9*
TaylorMade SiM Max Rocket 14*

Srixon ZX 2 hybrid 16* and 4 hybrid 22*
Srixon ZX7 MKII 5-PW
Cleveland RTX ZipCore6 50, 54, 58
Evnroll EV5.1 with Stability Tour Black
Titleist ProV1X
Bushnell Pro XE Rangefinder | Garmin Approach S70 Watch

3 minutes ago, sharkiesj said:

That is outstanding!!! What a deal!

I had actually just order them from True for $126 with the free hat but was able to cancel that order. I've had the white and brown style of these for almost 2 years and they're still my go to shoe for wet conditions. 

Callaway Paradym 9*
TaylorMade SiM Max Rocket 14*

Srixon ZX 2 hybrid 16* and 4 hybrid 22*
Srixon ZX7 MKII 5-PW
Cleveland RTX ZipCore6 50, 54, 58
Evnroll EV5.1 with Stability Tour Black
Titleist ProV1X
Bushnell Pro XE Rangefinder | Garmin Approach S70 Watch

2 hours ago, CBraynor said:

Thanks for the heads up! Been looking for some waterproof shoes for a golf trip coming up and almost pulled the trigger on these at 125. Glad I waited!

Exactly what I did.  I played a round in the True Sport OGs this weekend and my feet were soaking wet.  Needed a pair that were waterproof!

• Like 1

Callaway AI Smoke Max 11.5* Fujikura Ventus TR Red

Callaway Paradym 💎💎💎 15* Fujikura Ventus TR Red

Taylormade SIM DHY 19* Diamana Hybrid

Callaway Rogue ST Pro 5-PW Fujikura Axiom

Taylormade HiToe Bigfoot 52*/56*/60* Fujikura Pro

Odyssey AI-One Seven S

Callaway Chrome Tour X

WITB Link

Welp, I don't know if my foot width shrunk significantly or if I'm on the lucky side of a very inconsistent sizing from TRUE.. But decided to give the Knit3 another stab in the same size and now they fit just fine. Not sure what to make of it!.. but I'm pretty stoked to have a solid TL lineup now.. These Knit3s, Lux Hybrids, and Lux Tours.

Edited by cflo2382
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I had to make waterproof claims on my Lux Sport, 2 pair, soaked 2 days in a row, different pairs.

They sent me new Lux Hybrid in gray, then a gift card to cover rest, got the FS-01 Earth, the recycled ones, both arrived today and are awesome.

TL customer service is phenomenal.

• Like 2

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T100s 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

19 hours ago, Warrick said:

I had to make waterproof claims on my Lux Sport, 2 pair, soaked 2 days in a row, different pairs.

They sent me new Lux Hybrid in gray, then a gift card to cover rest, got the FS-01 Earth, the recycled ones, both arrived today and are awesome.

TL customer service is phenomenal.

TL's CS is top notch. Also, I think the Lux Hybrid might be the best shoe that they've ever put out. I played in mine for the first time on Tuesday and I couldn't get over the comfort and performance.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, cflo2382 said:

TL's CS is top notch. Also, I think the Lux Hybrid might be the best shoe that they've ever put out. I played in mine for the first time on Tuesday and I couldn't get over the comfort and performance.

I wore the new FS-01 earth (recycled materials shoe) yesterday, fantastic, so comfortable, will get the Lux Hybrid out this weekend in the morning dew, they are very comfortable.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T100s 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

I finally pulled the trigger on the Lux Tours, and got an initial 9 holes in wearing them this afternoon.  The initial fit is very similar to the Lux Hybrid—if you have a size you like in the Hybrid, get the same size in the Tour.  That said, the fit is definitely more snug across the forefoot than in other shoes I wear.  I wear the same size in these that I do in FJ Premieres, but the fit on these is more like a glove.  It is snugger overall, but in a good way.  I would say if you are unsure on sizing, go a half size up.  The good news is that they mold to your feet, and when you find the right size they are like magic.  I can walk 18 in my Trues (and I have the Lux Hybrid, the FS-01, and now the Lux Tour) and have no foot pain, and that after several years of suffering with plantar fasciitis.

As with the Lux Hybrid and the FS-01, the heel cup on these is fantastic.  I think that is the feature that makes the shoe.  My foot feels locked in both walking and swinging.

I am also a sucker for a mostly white leather shoe (I have loved my all white FJ Premieres and DryJoy Tours before that), so having the Lux Tours in a white leather option was a no brainer for me.  I still wear my FJs pretty regularly, but at this point if I am walking or playing a tournament round, I am wearing the Trues.  Simply great golf shoes.

36 minutes ago, DeacLaw05 said:

I finally pulled the trigger on the Lux Tours, and got an initial 9 holes in wearing them this afternoon.  The initial fit is very similar to the Lux Hybrid—if you have a size you like in the Hybrid, get the same size in the Tour.  That said, the fit is definitely more snug across the forefoot than in other shoes I wear.  I wear the same size in these that I do in FJ Premieres, but the fit on these is more like a glove.  It is snugger overall, but in a good way.  I would say if you are unsure on sizing, go a half size up.  The good news is that they mold to your feet, and when you find the right size they are like magic.  I can walk 18 in my Trues (and I have the Lux Hybrid, the FS-01, and now the Lux Tour) and have no foot pain, and that after several years of suffering with plantar fasciitis.

As with the Lux Hybrid and the FS-01, the heel cup on these is fantastic.  I think that is the feature that makes the shoe.  My foot feels locked in both walking and swinging.

I am also a sucker for a mostly white leather shoe (I have loved my all white FJ Premieres and DryJoy Tours before that), so having the Lux Tours in a white leather option was a no brainer for me.  I still wear my FJs pretty regularly, but at this point if I am walking or playing a tournament round, I am wearing the Trues.  Simply great golf shoes.

Sizing for me:

dress shoe 9.5-10 EEE

Premiere 10W

Nikes/sneakers 10.5-11

true knit 2 and lux sport (snug), hybrid (roomy) 11

true ripstop v2 11.5 (just right)

On 8/5/2023 at 5:54 PM, DeacLaw05 said:

+1 on this. I have a 9.5 pair of Lux Sport that fit perfectly. I had to exchange my Lux Tour for a pair of 10's, which fit much better. There has been a bit of a break in period on the Tours though. 

TSR2 8*, Diamana BG 60TX

TSR1 15*, Diamana BF 80TX

TSR1 20°, Atmos TS Blue HB 8x 
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

JPX 923 Forged  5-P, DG120 X100
RTX6  50, 54, 58 MID (AMT White X100)
Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

3 hours ago, Jetsguy1792 said:

Im heading to bandon in a few weeks and on the fence getting these for some of our 36 hole days. How is the traction. I’m not the most balanced in my swing and that has me nervous. Usually play spiked premiers 

Traction is very good. I feel comfortable in them with some moisture on the ground but if I was worried about wet conditions I'd probably go with something spiked. 

• Like 1

TSR2 8*, Diamana BG 60TX

TSR1 15*, Diamana BF 80TX

TSR1 20°, Atmos TS Blue HB 8x 
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

JPX 923 Forged  5-P, DG120 X100
RTX6  50, 54, 58 MID (AMT White X100)
Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

5 hours ago, Jetsguy1792 said:

Im heading to bandon in a few weeks and on the fence getting these for some of our 36 hole days. How is the traction. I’m not the most balanced in my swing and that has me nervous. Usually play spiked premiers 

For me the traction was fine but for my feet they were terrible BD shoes just because of how hard the ground is out there combined with how relatively thin the Trues are - I think I described it as being barefoot on concrete. I love that feeling at my home course - but it did not work for me at BD. I swapped them out after the first round and never went back to them. 

As always, your mileage may vary. But if you are going to go with Trues, I'd bring a backup option or two with you just in case.

Edited by dcmidnight
  • Like 4

OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TM P7MC 5-7 / P7MB 8-P / Callaway '21 X Forged CBs 5-P annnnd incoming: Ping I230/Blueprint S/T
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom // Left Dash

6 hours ago, dcmidnight said:

For me the traction was fine but for my feet they were terrible BD shoes just because of how hard the ground is out there combined with how relatively thin the Trues are - I think I described it as being barefoot on concrete. I love that feeling at my home course - but it did not work for me at BD. I swapped them out after the first round and never went back to them. 

As always, your mileage may vary. But if you are going to go with Trues, I'd bring a backup option or two with you just in case.

Depends which model. Some have a lot of cushion. 

traction is good for me- I have slipped in my spiked premieres on firm ground almost bc I think the soles are too stiff and don’t conform. 

i would gladly walk bandon in Hybrids. Ripstop v2 are very comfortable to walk but not waterproof and the ripstop material gets dirty easily. 

the only shoes true makes that will clean up easily I think are the full leather ones like the lux pro and tour (cushioned models). The hybrids are water proof but have some knit material. 

On 8/15/2023 at 5:47 AM, Jetsguy1792 said:

The only styles of golf shoes I wear are either Premieres or Trues.  If I were walking 36 in a day, I’m choosing the Trues and not thinking twice about it (and I walk a lot of my golf).  I would go with either the Lux Hybrid or Lux Tour.  And I have worn mine in all kinds of conditions and have never had a problem with traction.