2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

New FlightScope Mevo+ (MERGED)

enormous13

Thanks for the initial review. Any reason that you did not use the dots on balls? Is that the recommended setting for "short indoor mode?"

How was at reading as far as flight path (draw, fade, hook, slice) - I would ideally want to use this unit to work on a consistent flight of the golf ball.

One other thing: I believe each MEVO+ was supposed to come with a Bronze level My Flightscope account. This allows users to store up to 10 videos at a time, in addition to storing all shot data recorded.

I have a pre-existing MyFS account purchased when I just had MEVO. Interestingly, MEVO+ sessions upload something because when I go into MyFS, click "Data" and select "All" (for all unit types incl. MEVO, Xi, etc.) I see a TaylorMade icon next to my two MEVO+ sessions, presumably from the old cross-branded Flightscope Xi models. But, no data appears when you click on those links. (I can see prior sessions from my original MEVO, but they have a MEVO icon next to them.)

I assume FS will get this to work, and it's another nifty benefit especially if you do remote lessons.

Yeah, this is a nice feature.. The Mevo+ FAQ says you can store up to 3 videos per month, which seems like a unique tier for Flightscope data storage pricing.. look under "is there a yearly fee" https://www.flightscopemevo.com/faq/

Interesting the taylormade icon appears like the Xi. Gives some credibility to some assumptions out there that the Mevo+ is a re-badged Xi with a few upgrades.

I hope they get the shot data sorted out, it's one of the selling features for me.

Ping G400 SF Tec 9* - Mitsubishi C6 Blue Shaft - Stiff @ 45.25"
Ping G 3w SFT @ 16* - Ping Alta CB - Stiff 
Ping G400 19* Hybrid - Ping Alta CB - Stiff
Ping G400 22* Hybrid - Ping Alta CB - Stiff
Ping G400 26* Hybrid - Ping Alta CB - Stiff
Mizuno  919 Hot Metal Pro 6i-GW, Recoil 95 F3 
Mizuno S18 Wedges in 55* and 60*, Recoil F3
Ping Sigma 2 Anser @ 33"

The Xi tracks the entire flight of the ball, though, doesn't it (versus 60 yards or whatever it is for the Mevo+)? That seems to cut against the idea that they're essentially the same device, along with the difference in price.

Ping G430 LST 9* (set to 7.5*), 45", Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6x
Ping G430 LST 14.5* (set to 13*) Fujikura Ventus Black 7x
Ping G430 Max 18* (set to 17*) Fujikura Ventus Black 8x or Tour Edge CBX Iron-Wood 17* (Black Pearl) Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 9x
Epon AF-306 4i + Epon AF-Tour CB2 5-PW, Nippon Modus 125X
Yururi Seida Black 52*, Nippon Modus 125/Titleist Vokey SM8 58* K-Grind & 62* M-Grind DG S200
Byron Morgan long pipe neck B-17, Brushed Mystic finish, 34" or Byron Morgan long pipe neck beached 007x

I use my Mevo+ outdoors in my backyard but the net limits the clubs I can use. I have to use it in short indoor mode. My mat is on 10 x 10 pavers with it at one end and the Mevo+ at the other end of the pavers. The net is a 10 ft. wide x 7 ft high net that I put about 10 ft away from where I tee the ball. I really need a 10 ft. cube net just like you would use in a garage. Does anyone have a recommendation on a net like that but withstand being used outside and is a reasonable price.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5 driver w/ Project X Riptide 50 5.0
Callaway Epic Flash 3, 5, & 7 woods w/ Fujikura Pro 2.0 R2-6

Callaway Apex 21 DCB 4 iron w/ Project X Catalyst 50 5.0 
Callaway Apex 21 5 - AW w/ Project X Catalyst 50 5.0
Callaway Mack Daddy CB 56 w/ Project X Catalyst 60 5.5
Toulon Design Palm Beach Stroke Lab
Callaway Chrome Soft

I am personally not satisfied with any of these videos so far. I really wish someone would test these thoroughly. It doesn't have to be a long video but encompass everything potential buyers should know.

All of these tests should be done against the GC2 or GCQ which have time and time again, shown they are very accurate and consistent LMs out there for simulation. It gets ball speed, spin, VLA, HLA, Spin Axis very close to right and consistently right (from years of tests and observations people have done). Skytrak is less helpful to test against imo.

I want to see the following details in ONE video, done indoors.

1) Putting. I want to see the numbers from both LMs, I want to see a range of putts tested. I want conclusions about how often it missed putts, got them right (tough with putts but still should know if you hit one straight and it shows it go way left or right or way too far), and how long or short of putts it can realistically do without consistent major error or missed reads.

2) I want to see a range of chips and flops to see what it can and cannot read. Again, numbers for both as well and observations about missed shots etc.

3) I want full shots with every club in the bag. Take 5 with each. I don't need to see all of this live but a few shots live would be good. Post numbers from both LMs.

3) I want to see drivers hit. I want to see low ones and high ones and I want to see speeds all the way up to the fastest pro's if possible. I want to see the numbers from both LMs.

This could be a short video. Actual hits could be only shown here and there, and at the end conclusions and observations can be made along with showing a table of all the data taken (a link to a download of the data would be great as well).

This would show ample detail to the potential consumer what the device can and cannot do and how well or not well it can do it.

All of this is my opinion of course of what would make an actually informative and useful video. It would certainly please my need for technical data of a 2k dollar machine. I don't like wasting money on empty or unproven promises.

Swing hard in case you hit it!

If he takes the metal case off I don't see a problem. It really shouldn't be able to interfere unless blocking a shot to the right such that the ST covers the view of the ball for the radar. It really should not be a problem. Simultaneous shots or nothing. Shots that aren't simultaneous really don't tell us anything about how it compares to any other LM imo.

Swing hard in case you hit it!

I'd also like to see a comparison with GC2 or Quad. Heck.. I don't even need it on video, I would appreciate just a few photos showing the data comparisons between them shot for shot.. nothing fancy! I think we just need a few Mevo+ units to start shipping to folks with access to a GC2 or Quad for us to start seeing more comparisons... but if any YouTube channels want a large number of hits in a hurry, I recommend completing a thorough comparison like you described, without all the variables we've already seen that can skew the data (using a yellow ball, not using a dot, Skytrak with a metal case in front of the Mevo+, tracking same shot with both units, set up with Flightscope distance recommendations for short indoor mode, all of it... eliminate every possible variable. It'll get a ton of views I think.

Agree, it's nice to see it compared alongside it's biggest competitor (Skytrak) as well, but it really doesn't tell us much about accuracy compared to the industry standards... It's shown us the obvious, that there are differences in how they read shots. We know that, and personally I have never expected that they would be all that close every shot. Each unit will have an aberrant read at this price point.. we just don't know which one is right, or which one is closer to the industry standard units, or at least more consistently closer to the industry standard. I'll take higher rate of consistency at the expense precise accuracy personally at under $2k.

I get it.. Skytrack has been compared before to flagship units, and has been somewhat validated as pretty close to those units, although there are some inconsistencies that we can all tolerate given the price point. I think we need to do the same for Mevo+ and give it a fair shot head to head against flagship units... not a "comparison of a comparison". They will happen once units start shipping, I'm just being patient... if only I could rent a Quad for the day, I'd do this the day I get my Mevo+ and have it all in a spreadsheet I'd share to the group (yeah I'm nerd about these data comparisons).

I may have an opportunity to compare a handful of shots to a GCQuad during my next indoor lesson if I get my Mevo+ in hand before then... but that lesson won't be until early March, and only would be able to snag a limited amount of data in the time I'll have... Likely others will have compared by then (fingers crossed).

Ping Sigma 2 Anser @ 33"

Funny they just did a live Q&A, and someone asked then about testing the Mevo+ and personal launch monitors... they weren't into it.. didnt think any are reliable enough. They are big GCQuad advocates however being an I door fitting business I can appreciate that.

Ping Sigma 2 Anser @ 33"

Could be. I like the TXG guys.. these guys are fitting players in ways that tweak numbers to small fractions, and need flagship devices to do that. If I were paying for/ getting a fitting I would want it done using Quad, Trackman, or X3 too.. they also dont seem to really factor cost/performance ratio in to their fittings/content. I am sure they will consider price if a customer has that request.. but I would bet the majority of people getting fit at TXG or Club Champion are looking for the best fit regardless of cost.

I think what the overlook at TXG on occasion is the people on a budget... you know.. most of us lol. With a fitting.. I would take 80-90% fit for half the cost. Example.. with my driver fitting I could have purchased a $350 aftermarket driver shaft.. instead I purchased the $175 shaft that maybe gave me 100-200 more RPM of spin and 1-2 less yard of distance when looking at the numbers. I make most purchases on what gives me the most bang for my buck depending on my needs.. and my needs may be different than the guy/girl that needs that extra 2 yards and then may find more value in that $350 shaft.. to each their own.

Mevo+ seems to show good bang for your buck with the E6 5 courses and no annual fee. That may not be important to some.

I get what TXG is saying and I agree.. none of the consumer grade launch monitors will be as accurate as Quad. They are not meant to be, and expecting that is folly. I would actually appreciate their opinion on consumer grade monitors, even if they look at it as, "none of these are a match for Quad, and heres why, but if you can afford $2K or less.. here are what we think are the best options and why"

I do think Mevo+ will be comparable to other flagship radar units indoors though... again I'm happy with 80-90% accuracy at $2k instead of $15k. Consumer tech is getting better and better. Also agree radar may not as preferable as camera based for indoor use.. it doesnt discount it completely though as some make it seem.

Ping Sigma 2 Anser @ 33"

@Tony B What great commentary. You speak for me, as well. I'm not going to go with a premium shaft that hits my optimal spin and launch numbers when a good stock shaft gets me most of the way there.
The TXG guys know what they're doing and talking about. And, I'm in no way saying (or demanding) they look into consumer launch monitors. Given Flightscope's history, it's highly likely they're eventually going to offer a "software upgrade" that is going to unlock club face and path data on MEVO+. At which point, Foresight and Trackman are going to have to do something...

@games for sure.. And we will need to compare note when we both get the Mevo+ in hand :)

I would love to see an unlock option for face and path data.. I'll bite on that if the price is right. I am not holding my breath though, as they want to keep some speration from the flagship lines..

On the other hand though, they are already starting to seperate flagship units with other features like their camera integrations and Fusion Tracking for additional accuracy. I could see them possibly providing some additional data parameters on Mevo+ and still seperate with additional accuracy or new functionality provided by their camara/radar integration on flagships, and keeping it radar only on consumer grade.

We shall see.. good times.. :)

Ping Sigma 2 Anser @ 33"