New FlightScope Mevo+ (MERGED)

enormous13

FS Skills is available for Android. I couldn't get an ETA on when the others would be

----> See my current WITB
Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9°, Fujikura VENTUS Red 6 X
Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 15° Tensei AV Blue 75 X
Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 18° Tensei AV Blue 75 X
Mizuno MP-18 MMC 3 Fli-Hi | 4-PW, Project X LZ 6.5
Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
TaylorMade TP Mullen

@clevited thanks for prividing those links. And I agree it makes the reliability of that data somewhat suspect that the manufactures web site doesn't contain any of that data.
@Lincoln_Arcadia If you're considering the Xi+, the sim integration and support will be quite different than the Mevo+, more limited so if you're interested in sim play, the Xi+ might not be the best choice. If you're just interested in working on your game indoors (full swing really), using the unit on the range, equipment testing, then the Xi+ might be a better option.

Sorry, but not true. See this page where they call out iOS and Android separate. I also had a chat with their sales rep (should be on an earlier page of this thread) and they confirmed the same. https://www.flightscopemevo.com/apps/

Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
TaylorMade TP Mullen

Overnight, a few videos on the MEVO+ were released from Scott Hogan (unboxing video), Par2Pro, and Garage Golf. Summary of things we've been wondering about:

Cory at Par2Pro nailed down direct measured parameters from Alex at FS: club speed, angle of attack, ball speed, ball spin, launch angle, AND SPIN AXIS; Alex mentions in one of the videos that in outside mode, when connected to cell service, MEVO+ will account for weather conditions in its calculations;P2P and Garage Golf show video of MEVO+ running e6 Connect on a laptop (P2P video states PC capability is still being tested);Garage Golf and P2P have video of putting with MEVO+ (Alex states minimum putt distance is 5');Garage Golf has a fairly comprehensive 8-minute video where Alex of FS states it currently connects with TGC;

• Like 1

YTQ8I98U70TK.jpg

6AN0LD6XAYDL.jpg

RTAAKOEAX00W.jpg

Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
TaylorMade TP Mullen

I reached out on Facebook, Alex Trujillo from FS confirmed iOS only at the moment but "android in a few months". Hopefully sooner than later, I don't own a single apple device and don't intend to start now.

Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
TaylorMade TP Mullen

I really want to get one. I was almost ready to pull the trigger on a SkyTrak but after being a member of a few sim groups and reading how finicky it can be to make sure everything is aligned correctly and getting it to read accurately I'd rather have the Mevo+. Simulation for me would kind of be a secondary bonus, an alternative to to always hitting on the "range" or FS Skills. And honestly, I don't care about the putting aspect of simulation because I've never really been on any sim that is a really great representation of putting in real life (disclaimer - I haven't used anything like PuttView or really high end like that).

For me, being able to get accurate ball data as well as flight information is what I am looking for in my practice indoors in the winter and would also use it in practice sessions outdoors when the season rolls around. Club data for path and face would obviously be great, but that's a big step up in price and something I just can't accomodate at the moment.

Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
TaylorMade TP Mullen

I'm also following this device very closely. My biggest gripe with Skytrak is missed shots. I get at least 2 or 3 per round when playing a sim round, usually with driver or wedge. Skytrak has a really hard time picking up high lofted wedge shots which sucks when you're in a steep faced bunker and want to flop it out. I'd love to see how the Mevo+ handles these shots and driver shots with higher ball speeds. I'd also like some clarification on the club selection requirements. If the system doesn't require you to change the club in the software other than for history purposes and doesn't have a problem picking up high lofted wedge shots or fast ball speeds, I'll probably be in for an upgrade. I like the fact that I can set it up behind the ball and have it out of the way so I don't have to worry about alignment too much. I think I can live with the one metallic dot as well assuming they don't have to be replaced too often. Otherwise I might have to consider upgrading to a Uneekor system and deal with the ball situation, which is a whole other issue, haha.

Yes and no. Spin axis is not measured...it's calculated unless they have reinvented the wheel from club path and start direction. It also can't see gear effect, so spin axis given may not be the real life spin axis.

2024 Building In-progress

Qi10 Core Head 9* w/ AD-DI 6S  (I heart you AD DI and will never sway from you again)
Qi10 Tour 3W with shaft TBD
Callaway UW 17* with shaft TBD

Titleist TS2 19* Hybrid at 20* w/ PX Evenflow Blue 85 6.0

4-PW Srixon ZX7s w/ DG AMT White S300s
MG2 TW Grind 56/60 at 54/58
Spider Tour X3

Can't comment on the A vs B deal as I have no experience with SkyTrak

To add to your point though, I think you'll start seeing some complaints from people when it comes to some of that also. First time they hit a toe draw, ball hooks, but the monitor flight shows a push fade, pitch forks are gonna come out.

2024 Building In-progress

Qi10 Core Head 9* w/ AD-DI 6S  (I heart you AD DI and will never sway from you again)
Qi10 Tour 3W with shaft TBD
Callaway UW 17* with shaft TBD

Titleist TS2 19* Hybrid at 20* w/ PX Evenflow Blue 85 6.0

4-PW Srixon ZX7s w/ DG AMT White S300s
MG2 TW Grind 56/60 at 54/58
Spider Tour X3

It's a limited flight doppler... meaning it won't track the entire flight like the Xi or X3. Likely tracks about 60 yards or so max if I were to guess.. which is why it likely performs just as well as Xi or X3 indoors.

Ping G400 SF Tec 9* - Mitsubishi C6 Blue Shaft - Stiff @ 45.25"
Ping G 3w SFT @ 16* - Ping Alta CB - Stiff 
Ping G400 19* Hybrid - Ping Alta CB - Stiff
Ping G400 22* Hybrid - Ping Alta CB - Stiff
Ping G400 26* Hybrid - Ping Alta CB - Stiff
Mizuno  919 Hot Metal Pro 6i-GW, Recoil 95 F3 
Mizuno S18 Wedges in 55* and 60*, Recoil F3
Ping Sigma 2 Anser @ 33"

Keep your hat... you won't need to eat it. Just saw a youtube video from Par2Pro at the PGA show.. the rep even said the shortest he's been able to track with putting is about 5 feet. Will track longer putts though, as demonstrated playing E6 in the video as well. They are not shy about saying E6 is set up for 10 foot gimmies.

Ping Sigma 2 Anser @ 33"

It's the same for Skytrak as well when purchasing E6 Connect... additional $300 annual fee for online play packages. I think that's on top of the additional $199/yr you already pay Skytrak for the luxury of buying a sim package... outrageous unless you are a serious online sim golfer in my opinion.

I for one am sick of paying the $99 annual fee for the game improvement package on Skytrak. I have about 17-18 feet from net to my garage door where I use it, so I have enough room for the Mevo+ and highly considering a switch. I like the interface better from what I've seen with flightscope, like the idea of using it outdoors on occasion.. also like the 5 free courses. I don't play sim golf, but would be nice to mix it up a bit locally... I don't need online sim play.. I don't need to worry about if it reads 3 foot putts either, since I always set gimmies to 10' anyway...

For me these devices are training aids allowing me to get some work in over the winter months, and improve my game. Sim play is just a bonus used occasionally just to goof off.. so Mevo+ is really appealing for me.

• Like 1

Ping Sigma 2 Anser @ 33"

My hesitation would be how much longer Xi+ will be supported... some of their earlier models have no support at all any longer... I think the Xi is one of them, but not sure about the Xi+ or Tour

Ping Sigma 2 Anser @ 33"

Dude.. we are like the same person! lol..

I did buy a Skytrak a few years back.. and although I enjoy it, was at my pricepoint at the time, and works great... I like what Mevo+ has to offer more. I"m especially tired of the Skytrak $99 annual fee for the game improvement package, which I feel is necessary. Without that package, its just a single shot boring range... I use the target and close to the pin features for practice..

Mevo+ has everything Skytrak has, and more.. all without any fee... provided you have the space necessary to use it. If it's just as accurate or more than the Skytrak, I'm switching.

• Like 1

Ping Sigma 2 Anser @ 33"

I have the necessary space in my 3rd stall of my garage, which is actually like a 1 and 1/2 stall because it's extra deep for storage. I am pretty much already onboard for getting one, but the trouble is I'm pure android for all of my devices and what not throughout my home. I've got no desire to pick up an apple product just to be able to use this, so here I will probably sit until Android apps are developed for Mevo+.

Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
TaylorMade TP Mullen

I hear ya...

My only Apple device is a 2018 iPad I use for travel mostly for movies and such.. and since I had it, I tried WGT golf with it on my Skytrak for a year, which was fun for a while but got really boring without any ability to play local multiplayer.. I don't find online golf against others all that fun, but would love to have been able to play with my college age daughters... we don't care to putt at all on sim golf.. not realistic for me at all, so set it to 10' gimmies and just goof around... I now use either my Galaxy S9+or my iPad exclusively with my Skytrak. Nice and portable...

Since I have my iPad, I feel like I can get on board sooner with Mevo+ and wait for the Android apps. Only reason I'd like Android is so I can use it outdoors, and try out the features where the Mevo+ will use weather data it obtains over cellular connection.. can't do that with my iPad. Then again, outdoor golf is several months away anyway for me here in WI.. lol.

• Like 1

Ping Sigma 2 Anser @ 33"

Haha, never in doubt. I was being a bit facetious because that is always going to be the case with radar, theyre simply not a product you can use effectively for the simulation tour. That being said it's not like everyone wants to play simulation that way anyway. I just find it a bit silly when they pretend they "can".

Titleist TSR2 9* Ventus Blue 6X

Ping G410 2H

Ping G400 3H

Mizuno Pro 225 4i-GW

Mizuno T22 54S/58C Blue Ion LE

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 7

Totally agree.. I feel ya. All systems have their limitations. I think Mevo+ is a good value at that $2000 price point given the lack of options out there for consumer grade launch monitors. Also agree it may not be the best option for mostly indoor sim play either if you want to putt out all your shots. If you play 10' gimmies like I do on sim probably fine. I cant stand simulator putting personally...

Skytrak has its issues as well. Not as great outdoors, and I think it exaggerates curvature a little on most shots for me I feel.. and launch angle and spin are a little off compared to my GCQuad or X3 numbers, but they are off on a consistant way... so I just keep it in mind when I practice.

For a practice tool indoors, with the required 15' of space, I imagine the Mevo+ should be just as accurate as the X3 with the parameters Mevo+ provides. Outdoors, Mevo+ should be more accurate than Mevo, less accurate than X3 since flagship units will track the entire ball flight, and should work better than Skytrak given the issues Skytrak has with sunlight.

For my purposes of wanting something for indoors that can provide data as least as accurate as Skytrak, likely just as accurate as X3 or pretty darn close.. limited sim play, and no use for putting capability.. the other perks of Mevo+ like camera integration, combines, multiple driving ranges, 5 courses, indoor+outdoor use, and zero annual fees, are more appealing to me than Skytrak.

If sim play and space issues were priorities I would certainly stick with Skytrak.

Just gotta analyze your own use case, and know the limitations of each technology, so you can choose wisely.. and then just be realistic with expectations... nothing at $2k will perform like $15-20k units.. lol!

Ping Sigma 2 Anser @ 33"